KeyPoint Government Solutions Employee Reviews

Stressful, stressful - must have a strong support team
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was the trip and site seeing in Loveland, CO. The 2 week training was fast paced and highly stressful due to cramming information and the after hours 1 hour review sessions, which they say is voluntary but really mandatory - they will hold it against you. The hours required to handle field visits and type those reports were stressful and diminished time for family. the hardest part of the job was the amount of time required to complete a report and the website constantly went down after hours. IT division is not available past 6 pm
After working here, I have no desire to work at home in that capacity.
Pros
renamed company to Perspecta
Cons
unrealistic time frames to complete deadlines
Strong Company
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 20, 2018
Good company with great experience gained but a lot of work. Not a career for a laid back personality. Fast past; high demand for production. Pay increase needed.
Pros
Training, experience, schedule flexibility & telecommuting.
Cons
Salary vs workload
excellent company
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Worked from HomeOctober 8, 2018
Excellent company with good support for contract workers. High stress level. Very exacting. Could set own hours. Learned a lot about military and government standards. Management very helpful. Hardest part of job was requirement to have no errors. Enjoyed working at home.
Pros
flexible
Horrible
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538October 4, 2018
Don’t be sucked in by the working from home gimmick! Work more than full time and don’t get paid for it as you have to have overtime approved prior to working.
Productive work environment with flexibility
Case Coverage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 30, 2018
Perspecta is a company that is very flexible in regards to working remotely. The company is open to new ideas and is always looking for ways to improve the business.
Pros
Flexible work enviornment
Do not accept a job here!
Contract Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538August 29, 2018
Overworked.
The system is set up to penalize you for working hard. The harder you work to catch up, the more work they load you up with overnight. You log on and see dozens of added cases overnight. If anything is wrong you as a contractor have to fix it out in the field (not over the phone) for no extra pay. I made less than 20K working my tail off year one -after taxes. All but three people that I trained with (3/18) have quit. Run away!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Never able to feel caught up
Very short work
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538August 24, 2018
Worked very short time due to company sending training materials to wrong address. with the result that I was unable to properly take part in required training.
Trainers were not honest
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 24, 2018
Trainers new if certain sections of the class materials weren't completed they couldn't pass you, even if you pass your final with 80% or better. It was stated they would allow you to take final over if your score was close., this is not so, if you did complete all your class work.
Pros
Security Clearance
Cons
You work long hrs to complete cases for low pay
Case Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAAugust 7, 2018
The company offers flexibility and allows for a healthy work/personal life balance. Employees are held to the highest degree of integrity and is needed for this line of work. Work can challenging but for those who are highly detailed oriented and organized, will thoroughly enjoy this type of workload.
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 21, 2018
Work from home. Flexible hours but productivity is monitored closely. If you don't get a good trainer from the start you will drown. It's hard to recover once you fall short.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Flexible
Work from home, production driven, insufficient training.
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job is figuring out which things the recruiting company lied about. I was fortunate in that my field manager was always fantastic, but from other people that's not always the case. Ultimately it's just not worth it.
Not what you think
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 11, 2018
I worked for USIS prior to its going under. When I moved out of state, I was recruited for AZ. I was told there was adequate local work, which there was not. Once hired, my work area became the entire upper portion of the state. I was traveling 20-25 hours a week and they didn't want to pay overtime. The company was very disorganized and their expectations were unrealistic, considering the extreme travel.Case items were assigned out of order so there was a lot of rework. As the initial SSBI was often not done there was a lot of misinformation in the EMPL/RESI/EDUC items and wild goose chases. I was eventually fired for failing to meet expectations, which I was totally okay with because the job had become so stressful. I worked for USIS for 9 years and it was fun. I worked for Keypoint for less than a year and it was miserable.
Fun workplace with opportunities for meditation & massages
OPM Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 8, 2018
The workplace culture was fun at the Loveland location, however for the employees that were not based there & on their own, it was not fun. Policies, guidelines, etc. changed constantly and it was difficult to keep up with the correct rules & policies of the day as it was never communicated to remote staff. Management could not agree on what metrics were and were not acceptable.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Poor work/life balance.
Overworked and Underpaid
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCJune 6, 2018
Training is intense but not realistic to the job. Be prepared to go through 6 weeks of training (2 weeks virtual, 2 weeks in Colorado, and 2 weeks of on the job) and come out still unsure of how to do the work. REFILES, REFILES, REFILES! Once you begin to submit reports, if they're lacking information, the case will be reopened and the reviewers will ask for additional information to be obtained. The problem is there is no consistency amongst Reviewers. Each Reviewer has a different preference and therefore the Investigator is never able to develop a consistent reporting standard. The pay is very low in comparison to the workload. The job of an Investigator is very stressful and requires long hours well beyond an 8 hour day. KeyPoint needs to revamp their training to be more aligned with the actual job of an Investigator. Also, this company is all about numbers. Your Field Managers will put major emphasis on turning in as much work as possible, in the shortest amount of time. There's never a moment where you feel "caught up". The Investigator always feels as if they're drowning in a sea of never ending work! There's really no work-life balance as this job consumes you from the minute you're out of training. At some point, you'll begin to dread even turning on your laptop. If you can hang in for the entire year, it's good not having to owe any money for the security clearance, which by the way, your clearance is never fully adjudicated. You have a "favorable" adjudication, but you're never granted a Top Secret Clearance. I cant honestly say who this job is best suited for, but  more... if you're someone who works well under constant pressure and doesn't mind being overworked and underpaid, GO FOR IT!  less
Pros
Travel to different states for TDY assignments, reimbursements for almost everything, some FM's are really nice, separate cellphone for work
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, too much work, constant pressure to transmit work, no work-life balance, really difficult to use vacation/sick leave
Investigation under Office Personnel Management
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 20, 2018
Interview clients seeking a security clearance, neighbors, relatives and employers. Prepare reports based on interviews and information received from police reports, school records, and financial records.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
having to knock on doors and find people that were not available by phone or email
It's, a okay place to work
Cleared Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 5, 2018
As a Keypoint Full-time Investigator, you work from your own home with very little direct supervision. You complete interviews with people getting security clearances for U. S. Government employment. You meet a lot of interesting some high-level people. You must obtain a top-secret security clearance for the job. You are responsible for protecting the people's personal information while in your possession. There is support available via co-workers and a help desk that you can call into too. The main problem with the job is the starting rate in low for the amount of work that is expected. You have to be good at time management or you will not last long. There are opportunities for advancement and bonus after you master the job.
Pros
Make your own schedule and work from home.
Cons
Low starting hourly rate.
Too much stress!! not worth it
Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
Good luck on passing the test. Too much information, the training was so stressful,long classes then homework then the next day differenty topic then exam where you most pass.

I left my job for this company biggest regret ever!!! Stayaway .

You have been warned!!!
OK job but not a career
Field Investigator Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2018
This is an OK job once you get the hang of it. The first few weeks are hectic and you will be working 60-70 hours a week. Once I figured things out, then I was working 30-40 hours a week. My area manager was a great boss, one of my best ever. It was interesting to go out and meet all kinds of people and do important work. However, this is a job not a career. Once you top out at Level 6, there is no position to move up to and a Level 6 does basically the same thing as a beginning Level 1; the only difference is the required caseload. I left after three months to take a job with future growth potential, both money and responsibility-wise. If you leave before a year, you will have to pay back training costs, so beware. The only thing that really drove me crazy were getting case refiles due to inconsistent standards used by the reviewers. You have to write your reports very defensively and you still fall short, especially at first. This is great job for a new college grad to get work experience (their hiring standards are low) or someone who has retired from a first career and wants to earn extra money without working too hard.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
case reviewers poorly trained and inconsistent
Contracting is Better than Full-Time
Contracted Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 22, 2018
My suggestion is to never be a full-time investigator if you can help it. The workload is too great for the amount you will get for salary. The drawback to being a contractor is that you are now required to maintain an LLC, which I plan on giving up as soon as I am done with this job. Waste of my money. My favorite thing about this job is the flexibility with my schedule.
Its a Job no more or less.
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  VAApril 21, 2018
I would say this is not the best job I've work but also not the worst job I've worked. They are all about NUMBERS that part is the Job. If you make them they leave you alone and don't micro manage which is nice. But then again its all about the NUMBERS don't forget that. If you can not live in that environment then this is not the Job for you. If you want to level up (get promoted) or get their bonuses it is about the NUMBERS. If you have a bad month what happens? No one knows because there is no employee book that tells you expectations just a manager that says it gets better and if you don't make the NUMBERS they will micro manage you from what I heard. No help on how to get their bonuses and the ones that make them must be great at this job. The only way it seems to make them is if you overwork your self. Maybe if you are great at typing and grammar that could help you so I would recommend this to someone that cant type at least 30-40 words per min and has stellar grammar. As far as grammar goes that one is tough and hope yours is better than mine. There is a don't ask don't tell policy about the amount of hours you work. They say they will fire you if you work over 40 hours but it seems almost impossible to do all that is required in a 40 hour work week if you are trying to make those NUMBERS or try from being reopen. The company puts you out on an Island after you train (their training is ok but death by power point so bring coffee!) and they say they have fallow up training but one never seems to have time to get that training unless you put getting your numbers in  more... the review mirror. They do have flex hours which can work to your advantage when you are not getting reopens. It is true they hound on your vacation with reopens so this job will consume you if you let it. You need a thick skin, be organize, have a good memory, a car that can take high millage and remember its just a job put the computer down and say "I will work on it later." If you don't they will over work you. There is no team environment or team work encouragement just empty thank you emails and lets work as a team. Making relationships is important with your reviewer but even then they still will reopen so that is where the thick skin comes in. The company only concentrates on the negative. if you can make Numbers, Make deadlines, do quick turnaround, transmit work every day, live in your car (they say its a job you can work from home HA! that makes me laugh) or learn to work remotely you can be successful here. But that all consumes you and the company dings you for every thing that is what i mean when I say they focus only on the negatives. They ding for every reopen, the longer it takes to turn a case around, not making deadlines and not transmitting. If you looking for work then apply it will help build your resume even with all the negatives. If you just looking for a Top Secret Clearance sure they will hire but I would self check if you in this for the right reason. If you like hunting for details and finishing your cases this is for you just need to shut out the noise they make about making numbers that gets annoying, I would recommend this job but keep in mind I would recommend even though I will look for other opportunities. The negative stats focus of this company makes for a low moral and being left on an Island and seeming not to want to build a team environment is their, Keypoint, closed mindedness and they want you to believe everyone that complains on here is lazy.

PROS: Flexible schedules, meeting people and you are the boss of your interviews whether your interviewing a CEO or Junior Intern. Being free from an office so you can be outside enjoying the day not stuck in cubical. Using your mind and finishing cases.

Cons: Negative stats focused, not promoting team work, not have an office to go to is Pro and Con because when you need a place to bounce ideas off you have only a phone to get help. promotions are not promotions their are levels you got level 1, 2, 3, etc. which come with more expectations of producing more numbers and maintaining numbers so you do not get demoted, THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS.
Pros
see in review
Cons
see in review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyPoint Government Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight