KeyPoint Government Solutions Employee Reviews

Background Investigator
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 6, 2019
I don’t want to bash any former employer I worked for, but I was an law enforcement investigator, with 20 plus years experience. I took this job, because it had to do with national security. But I had no idea that the pay was so low, and the workload was so high. They train you to fail, and if you don’t catch on quick, they are ready to let you go. Management wants the numbers, because it makes them look good, meanwhile, you’re new and drowning in case work. OPM/NBIB has federal agents that do the same work, with much more pay. Their training last a year, and not a couple of months like KeyPoint. So this creates a huge turnover rate, and KP is looking for more people every month. If they would properly train you, for 6 months or more, pay you a good salary, and back you up, then this would be a great place to work, in my opinion.
Pros
Paid training, to and from company headquarters in Colorado, for two weeks.
Cons
Regional Managers care about the numbers, and not the employees. They push and push, and want instant results, with low pay.
Trust the reviews!!!!
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2019
The reviews about this company are spot on. You are overworked and underpaid. The salary here compared to others in the industry is ridiculous. They assign case after case without considering your current workload. Once I found out that other companies are paying a significant, I immediately went on the job hunt. They will promise you bonuses, however it's HARD getting them. The work life balance is completely off. Also, they will tell you that overtime is welcomed, but they get upset when you do it. Don't be an optimistic like me and try to give it a shot.
Pros
Work from home and you meet good people.
Cons
Everything else!! (Not an exaggeration)
If you want be a commission type employee this is the job for you.
Backgound Invesigator (Current Employee) –  Gulf CoastJanuary 23, 2019
I looked at the bad reviews before and said oh this can’t be bad. Boy was I wrong! This company is a commission base when it comes to their investigators they will try to push you for bonuses and training another coworker the first 3 months into the job. The training is ridiculous you will start off with a bad foundation from day one and they will just keep piling work on you till your drowning in cases. Also, cause the training is so much thrown at you at one time they will have IA internal affairs look at your stuff and because of your not trained Properly from day one well they will get on to you for things you where told my a reviewer or the help team to do. SO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!

The money you make is not worth it and you put wear and tear on your own car. Also if you decided to work other contacts be aware that your training will be done all online and if you ask for someone on one training the tell you they can’t provide that.

I would not recommend this job yea you get to work from home but the job will consume you. This company plays Psychological warfare. They tell you they do know to want you to work overtime and anyone with good work ethic when some are wrong and get pointed out you want to fix your mistake. You work 40 hours week some days you are in the field working at least 6 hours then you have to drive back home and when you get home it can take up to 3-4 hours to type up multiple cases. Sometimes you will have to work weekends to make sure you keep up. Now was that told to you when you signed the contract. NO!

Now we’re you told you to have
  more... to work 12 hour days in the beginning NO! I would not recommend this job to anyone, the company will say they will pay for overtime but BEWARE that the overtime you work will be-be taken from your bonus if that ’s what your working for. This job is will take what life you have and consume it.

Also, you have to produce some many units a week and more will be added to you as well also you have to fix REFILES that can be sent to you 4 months down the road. After you worked the case and turned your notes in. Refiles will come in at 10 pm at night then on weekend and you only have 24 hours to fix them.

You will constantly have more work assigned to you than you transmit, you will be working way more than 40+hours each week. You can’t tell me you don’t have people that work for this company that work off the clock to keep up with the demand. And we all know you don’t work for free. You be held to keep up key metics each month so just remember instead working with national security your a sales person to see how much work you can produce. Just remember that makes room for more mistakes when the company push quantity over quality.

All management cares about is that you transmit more work and will call you several times a day to ask you about your cases even in the middle of interviews , even though you send them an update every morning.

Also if your expecting to get a TS clearance with this company we’ll thats a lie the will just give you and adjudicated from of a TS. Also if company wants to charge you because you can’t keep up the workload or you quit well what are they hiding to have hold leverage on their worker like that. You need to stay a way from them. I say read all the reviews before saying yes.

Stay away from KeyPoint/Perspecta
Pros
Tyd, Pto
Cons
Unrealistic deadlines, effects ones health, work load is unrealistic NO TS CLEARANCE WILL BE GIVEN
Hard to make a good living at Keypoint
Part-Time Contracted Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2019
You are required to do a lot of cases, for not a lot of pay. The job was fun but i was most definitely sold a different view on things. The money i was told i could make, to the amount of cases i was told i could do.
Needs help.
Background Investigator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 15, 2019
I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job. The upper management is terrible and could care less about their subordinates needs. The workers are great.
Pros
They take contractors
Cons
No standard operating procedures for reviewers.
Look elsewhere
Investigator l (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Keypoint was an OK place to work. A typical day was always stressful. Mgmt expected so much from there investigators, they expected the impossible. I would say most investigators had to work off the clock to get their work done. The hardest part of the job at Keypoint, is the job, because of the stress. The most enjoyable part of this job was was working from home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Mgmt.
Nice place to work
Investigative Help Team (IHT) Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 27, 2018
Great opportunity for working from home. Many different areas to work and many from working from home. Enjoy the team environment and comrade with others.
Investigator
Contract Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 18, 2018
I worked in the office in Colorado. One of the best jobs I ever had. I worked with the best people and the best atmosphere. That was in 2003. That was when it was Kroll. It's not the same so my review is not accurate.
Felexible schecdule and the paid time off & Vacation hours are good.
Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PA 16057December 14, 2018
Super nice people in office, wiling to help. No room for advancement with he company. PTO time & vacation time is very nice. Very Flexible schedule. Working from home position.
Cons
No room for advancment
Overall decent company
Background Investigator- Perspecta (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 9, 2018
Since changing hands to Perspecta, there seems to have been overall improvement in the job culture and overall agency. I have a supportive Field Manager and enjoy working independently.
Pros
work remotely; flexible schedule
Cons
underpaid
too much pressure placed on agents
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 29, 2018
Too much work for too little money! High expectations for quality work without the time in which to do it. Employees are expected to complete 8 hours of fieldwork then go home and complete another 3-4 hours of paperwork.
Stressful, stressful - must have a strong support team
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was the trip and site seeing in Loveland, CO. The 2 week training was fast paced and highly stressful due to cramming information and the after hours 1 hour review sessions, which they say is voluntary but really mandatory - they will hold it against you. The hours required to handle field visits and type those reports were stressful and diminished time for family. the hardest part of the job was the amount of time required to complete a report and the website constantly went down after hours. IT division is not available past 6 pm
After working here, I have no desire to work at home in that capacity.
Pros
renamed company to Perspecta
Cons
unrealistic time frames to complete deadlines
Strong Company
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 20, 2018
Good company with great experience gained but a lot of work. Not a career for a laid back personality. Fast past; high demand for production. Pay increase needed.
Pros
Training, experience, schedule flexibility & telecommuting.
Cons
Salary vs workload
excellent company
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Worked from HomeOctober 8, 2018
Excellent company with good support for contract workers. High stress level. Very exacting. Could set own hours. Learned a lot about military and government standards. Management very helpful. Hardest part of job was requirement to have no errors. Enjoyed working at home.
Pros
flexible
Horrible
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538October 4, 2018
Don’t be sucked in by the working from home gimmick! Work more than full time and don’t get paid for it as you have to have overtime approved prior to working.
Productive work environment with flexibility
Case Coverage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 30, 2018
Perspecta is a company that is very flexible in regards to working remotely. The company is open to new ideas and is always looking for ways to improve the business.
Pros
Flexible work enviornment
Do not accept a job here!
Contract Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538August 29, 2018
Overworked.
The system is set up to penalize you for working hard. The harder you work to catch up, the more work they load you up with overnight. You log on and see dozens of added cases overnight. If anything is wrong you as a contractor have to fix it out in the field (not over the phone) for no extra pay. I made less than 20K working my tail off year one -after taxes. All but three people that I trained with (3/18) have quit. Run away!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Never able to feel caught up
Very short work
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538August 24, 2018
Worked very short time due to company sending training materials to wrong address. with the result that I was unable to properly take part in required training.
Trainers were not honest
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 24, 2018
Trainers new if certain sections of the class materials weren't completed they couldn't pass you, even if you pass your final with 80% or better. It was stated they would allow you to take final over if your score was close., this is not so, if you did complete all your class work.
Pros
Security Clearance
Cons
You work long hrs to complete cases for low pay
Case Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAAugust 7, 2018
The company offers flexibility and allows for a healthy work/personal life balance. Employees are held to the highest degree of integrity and is needed for this line of work. Work can challenging but for those who are highly detailed oriented and organized, will thoroughly enjoy this type of workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyPoint Government Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight