KeyPoint Government Solutions Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Investigation under Office Personnel Management
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 20, 2018
Interview clients seeking a security clearance, neighbors, relatives and employers. Prepare reports based on interviews and information received from police reports, school records, and financial records.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
having to knock on doors and find people that were not available by phone or email
It's, a okay place to work
Cleared Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 5, 2018
As a Keypoint Full-time Investigator, you work from your own home with very little direct supervision. You complete interviews with people getting security clearances for U. S. Government employment. You meet a lot of interesting some high-level people. You must obtain a top-secret security clearance for the job. You are responsible for protecting the people's personal information while in your possession. There is support available via co-workers and a help desk that you can call into too. The main problem with the job is the starting rate in low for the amount of work that is expected. You have to be good at time management or you will not last long. There are opportunities for advancement and bonus after you master the job.
Pros
Make your own schedule and work from home.
Cons
Low starting hourly rate.
Too much stress!! not worth it
Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2018
Good luck on passing the test. Too much information, the training was so stressful,long classes then homework then the next day differenty topic then exam where you most pass.

I left my job for this company biggest regret ever!!! Stayaway .

You have been warned!!!
OK job but not a career
Field Investigator Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2018
This is an OK job once you get the hang of it. The first few weeks are hectic and you will be working 60-70 hours a week. Once I figured things out, then I was working 30-40 hours a week. My area manager was a great boss, one of my best ever. It was interesting to go out and meet all kinds of people and do important work. However, this is a job not a career. Once you top out at Level 6, there is no position to move up to and a Level 6 does basically the same thing as a beginning Level 1; the only difference is the required caseload. I left after three months to take a job with future growth potential, both money and responsibility-wise. If you leave before a year, you will have to pay back training costs, so beware. The only thing that really drove me crazy were getting case refiles due to inconsistent standards used by the reviewers. You have to write your reports very defensively and you still fall short, especially at first. This is great job for a new college grad to get work experience (their hiring standards are low) or someone who has retired from a first career and wants to earn extra money without working too hard.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
case reviewers poorly trained and inconsistent
Contracting is Better than Full-Time
Contracted Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 22, 2018
My suggestion is to never be a full-time investigator if you can help it. The workload is too great for the amount you will get for salary. The drawback to being a contractor is that you are now required to maintain an LLC, which I plan on giving up as soon as I am done with this job. Waste of my money. My favorite thing about this job is the flexibility with my schedule.
Its a Job no more or less.
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  VAApril 21, 2018
I would say this is not the best job I've work but also not the worst job I've worked. They are all about NUMBERS that part is the Job. If you make them they leave you alone and don't micro manage which is nice. But then again its all about the NUMBERS don't forget that. If you can not live in that environment then this is not the Job for you. If you want to level up (get promoted) or get their bonuses it is about the NUMBERS. If you have a bad month what happens? No one knows because there is no employee book that tells you expectations just a manager that says it gets better and if you don't make the NUMBERS they will micro manage you from what I heard. No help on how to get their bonuses and the ones that make them must be great at this job. The only way it seems to make them is if you overwork your self. Maybe if you are great at typing and grammar that could help you so I would recommend this to someone that cant type at least 30-40 words per min and has stellar grammar. As far as grammar goes that one is tough and hope yours is better than mine. There is a don't ask don't tell policy about the amount of hours you work. They say they will fire you if you work over 40 hours but it seems almost impossible to do all that is required in a 40 hour work week if you are trying to make those NUMBERS or try from being reopen. The company puts you out on an Island after you train (their training is ok but death by power point so bring coffee!) and they say they have fallow up training but one never seems to have time to get that training unless you put getting your numbers in  more... the review mirror. They do have flex hours which can work to your advantage when you are not getting reopens. It is true they hound on your vacation with reopens so this job will consume you if you let it. You need a thick skin, be organize, have a good memory, a car that can take high millage and remember its just a job put the computer down and say "I will work on it later." If you don't they will over work you. There is no team environment or team work encouragement just empty thank you emails and lets work as a team. Making relationships is important with your reviewer but even then they still will reopen so that is where the thick skin comes in. The company only concentrates on the negative. if you can make Numbers, Make deadlines, do quick turnaround, transmit work every day, live in your car (they say its a job you can work from home HA! that makes me laugh) or learn to work remotely you can be successful here. But that all consumes you and the company dings you for every thing that is what i mean when I say they focus only on the negatives. They ding for every reopen, the longer it takes to turn a case around, not making deadlines and not transmitting. If you looking for work then apply it will help build your resume even with all the negatives. If you just looking for a Top Secret Clearance sure they will hire but I would self check if you in this for the right reason. If you like hunting for details and finishing your cases this is for you just need to shut out the noise they make about making numbers that gets annoying, I would recommend this job but keep in mind I would recommend even though I will look for other opportunities. The negative stats focus of this company makes for a low moral and being left on an Island and seeming not to want to build a team environment is their, Keypoint, closed mindedness and they want you to believe everyone that complains on here is lazy.

PROS: Flexible schedules, meeting people and you are the boss of your interviews whether your interviewing a CEO or Junior Intern. Being free from an office so you can be outside enjoying the day not stuck in cubical. Using your mind and finishing cases.

Cons: Negative stats focused, not promoting team work, not have an office to go to is Pro and Con because when you need a place to bounce ideas off you have only a phone to get help. promotions are not promotions their are levels you got level 1, 2, 3, etc. which come with more expectations of producing more numbers and maintaining numbers so you do not get demoted, THEY ARE ALL ABOUT THE NUMBERS.
Pros
see in review
Cons
see in review
Stressful and Unrealistic Requirements
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 20, 2018
During hiring process they REQUIRE that applicant live within a certain distance, maybe 20 miles, of their designated territory, but it is only a paperwork requirement. Out of 100+/- cases I worked, only two were within my territory. This had no effect on my required productivity...it was ridiculous. The stress and overtime hours (w.o pay because manager would not approve any OT) were off the charts and then I was reprimanded for working OT w/o pay. The entire situation was completely absurd.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work from home - company takes full advantage and reaps all of the benefits of your time.
Testing
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 17, 2018
Better pass all your testing or your out!!! They jam too much information down your throat in a short time and expect you to know it fully, write detailed and comprehensive reports, and meet a deadline that might just be impossible. Good Luck to all that pass.
Run Away and Hide!!! The stress alone will kill you.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Everything you hate about a job
Productive Place to work at
Investigator (Current Employee) –  FLApril 15, 2018
KeyPoint is a great company to work for. I enjoy my team and enjoy the work I do at Keypoint Government Solutions. I am always tasked with different projects which is enjoyable.
Good job, good company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 10, 2018
Good place to work. Like all employers, they expect results. Plenty of resources to help you be successful. Management is very supportive and helps you succeed if you want to succeed.
Pros
Provided equipment and training excellent.
Cons
Pay in some areas is less than cost of living.
Great First Job
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 9, 2018
Keypoint offered my an investigator position. It will be a great first job for people right out of college. Work at home was great, outside of your work never leaving you due to your desk being in your basement.
Security Clearance Investigator
Clearance Investigator (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 30, 2018
Nothing good I can say ... it was all about pushing investigators to complete cases, even if they really were not ready to be closed and submitted. Quantity OVER Quality ..... you can NEVER base any investigation on quantity. If you do, what's the point of even beginning it in the first place??

Very happy to see USIS go down, but unfortunately all those investigators and employees had to go work somewhere ... can you guess? Of course ... KeyPoint and any other companies who have a piece of the contract.

Security Clearance Investigations should NEVER have been put in the hands of contractors ... but times they are a changing!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything other than above Pro
Great for a single person
Field Investigator (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 27, 2018
KeyPoint was basically a good company with great people to work with. The work requirements were continuously in flux and the review team was overly critical. I went from the top five percent of the area to bottom when new reviewers came on board. Some were argumentative as well. The pay was not what it should be considering the production expectations and frustrations. I did enjoy the kind of work and the opportunity to talk to so many wonderful folks serving our military and federal government.
Pros
Schedule your own work
Cons
Merciless production expectations and absurd timelines.
Stressful
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 22, 2018
KeyPoint was a very stressful environment. The salary did not equate the hard work expectations. The caseload was excessive and the deadlines were unreasonable.
Pros
Did not have to go into an actual office.
Cons
Low wages
Awful
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 2, 2018
This job will take your personal life and destroy your marriage. There is nothing good about this job. They assign you a caseload that is insane and they just keep dumping more and more on you. I hated this job, endless driving, typing and reworking your cases because the reviewers all have different standards. DON'T WORK HERE!!! Go hungry, go homeless, just don't work here.
Cons
Unpaid overtime that is a regular occurrence for contractors.
contractor (Former Employee) –  DC metro areaFebruary 27, 2018
Terrible experience. Days of work might need to be redone if reviewer doesn't like what you have done. If a reviewer is changed you might have to redo a case that was already completed. You will not be paid if cases are reopened.

There is currently an attorney's practice in Maryland that is looking into unfair pay practices for contractors.
Pros
Trip to Colorado and home office.
Cons
Everything else.
Not for everyone
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2018
I looked at the bad reviews before I joined the company and thought they are probably lazy. I was wrong, this job is the worst job I have had in my young career. I would not recommend this job to anyone, you constantly have more work assigned to you than you transmit, you will be working way more than 40 hours each week. All management cares about is that you transmit more work and will call you several times a day to ask you about your case, even though you send them an update every morning. Stay away from KeyPoint.
Pros
Paid on time and holiday
Cons
Unrealistic case work
No Work/life balance
Background Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2018
Important work but very little in return. No work/life balance. Unrealistic goals and demands with base pay that starts way too low. Training does not prepare adequately for the job.
stressful have to be great at time managment
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 22, 2018
Fast paced, constantly on the go to the next interview. The pay is the worst part, low for the kinda of work being done. Work from home but hard not to mix home life with work life.
Pros
flexability
Cons
pay
N/a
Background Investigator 1, 05 (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 15, 2018
Good company just a lot of changes and expectations that will get stressful. It is very difficult to level up. Overall, good company to work from home and travel as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeyPoint Government Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight