Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIDecember 22, 2018
Long hours on the road, sometimes 15+ hour days.alot of trucks with high mileage and frequent breakdowns. I worked there 5 years ago and hope management has improved
Pros
Cons
Hours
Not a bad place to work.
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PADecember 18, 2018
Some management seemed to micro-manage a bit too much. Travel was plentiful, but I did not mind the travel. Meetings seemed a bit excessive. Position was eliminated due to downsizing.
Disrespectful Supervisor / Hostile Atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PANovember 29, 2018
Place considers you to pull the weight of other employees meaning do or to finish another shifts job after they leave which wouldnt be completely finished at all and doesnt give you your raises after your reviews also get disrespected for doing your work other employees get praised for not doing much as someone whos doing the most. Not all employees do equal amount of work than others and get off the hook for everything and anything they do ; Poor supervising and management without a doubt . Place only cares for their coaches of the shifts. Also employees are to worry and stress about hiting their quotas when coaches do not have to worry about their quotas . Very unfair workplace that does not care about anything or anyone
Cons
Run as fast as you can the other way
Sales e-commerce (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 26, 2018
This company was decent when I started back in 2009. Bane capital bought them out and laid off entire rooms of people. They then proceeded to put the company in debt and siphon money as is their business scheme. Few years without raises and several with 1% raises. LKQ bought them a few years back and took away our sick time and capped vacation days lower than what Keystone policy was in the states they legally could.
Company upper management was changed just about yearly. My management changed a couple times in my 9 years there. I was told doing well will carry you through the ranks here and just keep at it by all my management teams.
With the above in mind here's what happened. For several years we didn't even have reviews when I started. Being in sales they had a bonus program which was excellent for the 2 months they ran it and then cut it off when they realized how much they were paying out. Never saw that again. During the dark times of Bane capital we were constantly reminded by managment we were "lucky" we had jobs when we had any problems or concerns.
Being online based our computers were junk. We had no on site IT Dept and everything had to come from PA. I've sat for a week waiting on a peiced together junk computer to show up several times during my time there. The internet speeds are slightly better than dial up there. Anytime you requested better equipment to do your job it was laughed at.
My last few years there was more of the same as above but just keep adding more work, duties, and responsibilities on top of what you already had to do. Keep in mind the
  more... subpar raises along with managers getting bonuses as you read this. LKQ policies continued to creep in and it just got worse for the regular hourly employees who were "watched" by the time clock. After many years of no reviews and 5 min yearly reviews for a few years they introducted this 1-5 review scale. The joke of this is it doesn't matter how poor or how well you do your getting mostly 3s. You will look average on paper so they can keep paying you as such.
My department and Keystone sales in general lost so many talented technical guys due to the way they are treated they went to highering non technical guys having the few of us fill in for their lack of knowledge. I was fine with this plan as I was told year after year I was paid more because of my knowledge and performance. This was not the case as I found out recently from several of these newer employees leaving their pay slips on their monitors and the printer.
As the work load continued to grow I did some simple math. When I started in 2009 up until I quit in 2018 taking inflation and COLA increases social security gets I basically haven't even gotten a pay raise since I've been there. Was always on time and had strong loyalty to the company. They took advantage of that loyalty and drug me along. Couple that with guys coming in making about $1-$2 less than me to start (same folks I fixed thier mistakes daily) was the last straw. This is the only job I have ever out right quit with no notice.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Read my review. Too many to list
Relaxed and enjoyable
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 2, 2018
Working at keystone has been a fantastic experience for me. The direct management is very understanding of personal life. The three years I've spent here are some of the best I've had in my working career.
Pros
Three days of work with forty plus hours
Cons
Dealing with D.O.T. and weight scales
best job ever held
Delivery Driver/Warehouse/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 29, 2018
keystone was an awesome place to work, unfortunately the parent company LKQ has merged with keystone getting rid of the albany keystone branch. you went into work, did your job, and went home.
Pros
the money and hours were awesome
constsntly changing things
Data Entry Clerk/cataloging (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 19, 2018
The new nanager they hired there was a complete and lets just say not a nice person. He didnt care about no one or hoe hard of a worker they were. Were good with iving reviews and raises though.
Absolutely the worst company to work for don’t waste your time
Former Keystone automotive employee (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 18, 2018
I went into keystone automotive thinking it was gonna be a good full time job with room for improvement and good benefits and pay. well that flew out the window right away the management is very poor the co-workers are disrespectful and are hard to work with.take it from me don’t waste your time here i worked here about a year don’t bother with this company.
Pros
Cons
Pay is very bad, Biweekly pay, horrible hours, no family life, poor management staff
Sometimes things just aren’t what they seem
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 9, 2018
I went into keystone with my head held high and it was great to start. However this job takes a toll on your body more than you would think. You are on your feet 10-16 hours a day until your work is done.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, management that cares
Cons
Hours, rate of pay is low for the job
Terrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 3, 2018
Management could care less about you as an employee, very demeaning and belittling and very quick to make you do something that is against your best interest safety wise, and you are to get hurt they always find a way to blame you and never take responsibility.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No consequences for screw ups, Favoritism, lack of integrity.
Very dirty place to work if you have allergies
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saranac, MIJuly 28, 2018
If you have allergies, not a place to work, very dirty work environment. No room to advance. Poor management, no concerns about employees health issues. Very poor pay for the work they do.
Keystone
Packer stacking (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIJuly 22, 2018
Ilke the work that you do a lot of stuff never doing the same thing all day you pack orders for stores all over the place and you will be able to talk with each person there they will help you with what ever you are doing
Pros
Hilo pickes licnes
Cons
Put everyone on one
No advancement; long hours..
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane WAJune 15, 2018
Lack of communication - long hours.. low pay.. no advancement; poor environment.. no stability.. employees constantly calling in sick so you had to stay longer
Productive and fast pace place to work at
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 14, 2018
I enjoy working at keystone because the schedule is flexible on their time of work and I am able to ask for time off due to me being a part time employee
Pros
Can wear comfortable clothes to work
Cons
Work starts at 3-7 for part time employees
Long hours/no advancement
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 6, 2018
You're required to extra work long hours and holidays. Management isn't always communicating on the same page. One manager will tell you one thing, the other will tell you another, and then your supervisor will tell you yet another. It makes the working conditions ridiculous. Also, the raises and bonuses they mention during your interview are virtually non existent.
Pros
Paid biweekly
Cons
Poor management, lack of advancement
Ridiculous
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIMay 20, 2018
You never know exactly when you're getting off. Employees love to call of which makes the 10 -12 hour shifts drag over to sometimes 14 hours. It's a lot of standing around but when work comes it's intense and can be body breaking if you're not used to heavy lifting. People quit every week it was normal. Terrible job. You don't have a life if you work 2nd shift here.
Employees are ok, management is terrible.
Order Puller/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMay 9, 2018
Don't, just don't. The management turnover is unreal. And the new people that are brought in are just layovers until something else comes across. The leads have one answer for your problems: 'I don't know, ask someone else."
a fun and challenging place to work
delivery driver order packer the crew of 7 (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMay 7, 2018
3 am start time unloading the semi trucks and loading trucks
and dealing with returns and cleanup fueling trucks
how to fill out trip log
good customer service
my manager was top notch
fun to work at busy busy busy
long days when delivering to british columbia sometimes more than 14 hours
staying at nice hotels in canada
Pros
compensation and great coworkers hotels
Cons
long days poor gps need to get new better models
The work was good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 6, 2018
Other than the fact you would get forced to shut down for 8 hours minimum without pay on the longer routes, it was decent. The head manager would only come help us if his boss was there, but whatever. Heavy parts to move, makes you stronger haha. Not a bad job, definitely not a retirement company though.
Pros
Coworkers were usually helpful
Cons
No real chance to grow in the company
No Work/Life Balance
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMay 3, 2018
Went on medical leave and returned only to be terminated. Not a good company to work for. Their always hiring because they can't keep anyone. They do not treat their employees well.