Keystone Consultants, Inc. Employee Reviews

Over work and under paid
Party Chief Survey/Safety (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PA 15106January 29, 2018
The company would love you to work 365 days a year. They convey family first in the interview and some weekends. However, after you are in they want you to work almost every weekend you can and do not show any compassion about time spent with your family. The management in the office is poorly prepared for the day along with scheduling for the week.
Pros
good 401k
Cons
no lunch breaks and no credit given to hard workers
Steer clear as well
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PADecember 19, 2017
It's obvious the positive reviews recently are from existing management trying to save face! Please heed the warnings to steer clear, you will regret working here!
Pros
If you enjoy being part of elementary school clicks
Cons
Every aspect
Competitive, work friendly environment
Senior Party Chief/ FAA Part 107 Pilot (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PASeptember 22, 2017
I have been surveying for 17 years at multiple big time firms, and keystone is hands down the best company I have worked for. Ownership cares about your well being, competitive pay, and a steady work flow. Pay raises are performance based and they promote within the company. From the President, Vice President, survey manager, to their coordinators, all are a pleasure to work for. I have worked here for a year and plan on retiring from keystone. If you are a hard worker and want to further your career land surveying and the technologies that come with it, keystone is the place for you.
Pros
State of the art technology, competitive pay, friendly work environment
Happy Employee
Senior CADD Technician (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PASeptember 15, 2017
I have worked on and off at Keystone Consultants for 24 years (I took time off due to personal situations), I was always treated well and my employer worked with me through all the personal situations I had. I am now able to work full time again and I am very proud to work for such an excellent company. The company is growing rapidly and there are great opportunities for their employees to pursue their careers. There are plenty of employees that have been with the company for 20 years or more. Most employees stay because the work atmosphere and the people you work with are phenomenal and knowledgeable. I am very satisfied and I most likely will retire from Keystone Consultants.
Pros
Employees
Steer clear
IMAN (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PASeptember 5, 2017
Extremely clicky group of immature 20 something boot lickers. If you don't fit the mold, they're all friends, so they'll find a way to oust you. An awful experience.
Really enjoyed working here
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2017
I work for Keystone for 3 years and I really like here, you can learn a lot and everyone is willing to teach you. And you can work for different teams if they need help.
No Potential for Growth
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAMay 18, 2017
This place is great for people with no ambition. The only career path that Keystone has to offer is to become a project manager that works on average 50 hours a week.

Promotions and raises are not based on performance, but on how chummy you can get with management (everything is directly controlled and micromanaged by the top two executives).

If you are a good talent and hardworking, this is the not the place for you.
Pros
Fair pay, Laid back Workplace, Good Employees
Cons
No career path, No career growth, Family-owned
No survey knowledge
Crew chief (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PAMay 2, 2017
Owner has no background in survey. Project managers have no idea what is going on in field. Extremely micromanaged. Stay far away if you have any field knowledge! You will be laid off anytime it slows down with the gas industry, which is often.
Love my position and love going to work
Survey Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAMarch 30, 2017
3/30/17, I have worked at Keystone Consultants for over 2 years and I have to say that over my 30 years in surveying and multiple companies that I have worked for they are by far the best of the best. I enjoy coming in everyday, the management knows what they are doing and deeply care about you as a person and employee. I am hoping to work another 15+ years here.
Pros
The people
Cons
1+ hour drive to and home.
great people
Auto CAD Tech/ Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PADecember 11, 2016
really good group of employees but they use everyone to meet there major deadlines then lay you off no matter how hard you work and they dont care if your family will end up homeless
Pros
people
Cons
everything
Great Survey Team
Senior Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAApril 20, 2015
Very knowledgeable group of surveyors. They are friendly and really do a great job for the client under high stress situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keystone Consultants, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Keystone Consultants, Inc. Reviews by Location