Keystone Custom Homes

Keystone Custom Homes Employee Reviews

United States16 reviews
Easy going, independent work environment. Management and co-workers were both always helpful and a pleasure to work with. Working conditions were very comfortable.
Pros
Interaction with the public
Cons
Quite a bit of down time during the work day
Great training and great people to work for. It's an exciting career with great compensation and awesome benefits. They have new and exciting places to work from.
Management is not supportive in any way. No training offered, and no response from anyone about anything unless you do something "wrong" then they respond to you.
Positions in sales, operations, project management, customer relation, in-office and field work. Do their best to put a decent product on the market.
Keystone Custom Homes is the number one builder in Central PA.

Every day is unique and busy, weather we are in our model homes making phone calls, or preparing documents for upcoming settlements or contracts.

I have learned a great deal about real estate construction, staging, customer service following up with customers, taking detailed notes and developing relationships with customers.

The hardest part of the job is no meeting your own expectations.

The best part of the job is seeing happy home owners enjoying the fruits of their labor and being a part of the process.
Pros
Quality builder, great office staff, professional co-workers
Cons
Work/life balance is very difficult
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Position included office items and greeting customers that came to tour house model. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with the customers.
Cons
No healthcare provided.
Productive place to work. Training seminars were provided and that provided a great learning experience.

Working there is also a learning experience. There is always something new to be learned; i.e. financing, mortgages, construction and selling.
Great place to work. Family culture. Very highly prestigious and well known company and was very proud to work for the CEO. High quality workmanship and ownership.
Keystone Custom Homes is a great place to work. They are supportive to sales personnel. They have great values. The company is growing with opportunities for advancement.
This job has given me a chance to hone my interpersonal skills and given me confidence in speaking to members of the public.
Working at The Villas of Castleton is an easy enjoyable work experience with something different every day. My co-workers were easy to get along with and to work with.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
benefits could be better
It has a lot of different locations. Instead of staying in one area or one home, you move around and get to know different areas and floor plans. I learned a lot about cold calling potential clients. A typical day is cleaning around and fluffing pillows, turning all lights on, and putting flags and A-frames outside. Greeting any one who walks through the door and try to get as much information about them as possible and then pass that information along to the community advisor.
Pros
travel
Cons
not too busy
I was the marketing intern for Keystone Custom Homes since September of 2014. Immediately once I began to work there, I was given opportunities to learn and grow as an employee. I didn't have much marketing experience for a real estate company, but I quickly was able to pick up the skills and tools needed to succeed. Everyone at the office was very supportive and was very willing to help whenever there were any problems. This company has been one of the absolute best places to work and learn from!
Pros
Hands on training, networking opportunities
Great sales team, wonderful staff, and great bulders looking to give back
The job provided vast learning capacity as I was mostly working directly under CEO and had broad stroke exposure to all levels of the business, including but not limited to acquisition, development, marketing, finance.
Pros
Broad-scope experience
Cons
Weak employee benefit package, transient leadership
I was excited once I first was hired thinking I could earn a good living selling homes. Working every weekend and most days off gave me no life with my family at all. If there were meetings at corporate on your days of which were during the workweek you were required to attend. The management makes sure everyone knows they are replaceable. This made me feel worthless and like the company didn't care for their employees at all.
Pros
Cons
long hours, no vacation until you are there a year, expensive insurance