Keystone Quality Transport Employee Reviews

Good
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 30, 2018
Great place to work. Great feeling to help someone in their most vulnerable situation. It is a very rewarding position. I only work four day a week and they show employee appreciation.
Very educational
EMT/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working on the ambulance. It was very educational, I learned a whole lot, and I seen a lot of interesting things. We were very busy not off and did I work an 8-hour shift it was always 8 plus hours.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Hours
Standard Ambulance Service
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 30, 2018
Standard ambulance service. Had run down vehicles during my employment there but it looks like they have since merged with another large ambulance company and turned things around. Plenty of overtime available for those who want it. Not a horrible place to work if you're an EMT and working towards another career. Would not stay at the company forever unless you are planning to work your way up to an administrative position.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, decent vacation policy.
Better Wages
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 7, 2018
Keystone Quality was one of my first jobs. I recommend this job to a 20-21 year old. I was getting $8.50 to do this job. I worked 6 days a week to get a $800 check.
Not bad
Dispatch/Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 20, 2018
I accepted the position and left a company was employed with for over 20 years and a few months into my position as I was trying to implement techniques that I developed in the limousine industry I was let go due to the company losing a contract.
Pros
Employees care
Cons
Management only cares about the bottom line
Dont do it
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 20, 2018
just aint like the company but i loved the job its defiantly fun meeting new participants and learning there life stories but other then that i had a bad experience with this company
Pros
weekends off
Cons
everything else
Hands down worst job I've ever had
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Do you like being constantly treated like a dog? Then this job is for you! Enjoy the splendors of not have working equipment or no equipment at all, being yelled at by dispatchers and managers for things that aren't your fault, ambulances that constantly have mechanical issues, and never once getting off on time! Oh and of course getting paid like garbage and throwing your back out with manual stretchers that they're too cheap to update! Bring out the worst in yourself and head on over to Keystone QUALITY Transport to suffer from crippling hatred. And don't forget to bow down to the high and mighty nurses who always know best! YAAAY KEYSTONE!
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you may have had some equipment issues. We do have sufficient equipment which is checked at the beginning of every day and rectified when reported broken or missing. We have also been continually reinvesting in our fleet and have taken delivery of 10 brand new ambulances in the last couple of months and about 5 other slightly used ambulances which will have a great impact on our employees. While we would prefer to have no mechanical issues, unfortunately they do occur in the field from time to time. We agree that getting off on time has been an industry problem and we have listened to our staff members and implemented change. As of March 1, 2018 we changed our last call policy to not give any mandatory assignments less than 60 minutes to the end of shift which has changed work/life balance a great deal. On average employees are now getting off an hour earlier than they previously did with 20% of employees acutally clocking out before their end time. We take all of the feedback from our staff to make changes and appreciate your feedback. We will continue our efforts in improving all aspects of KQT!

Fun place to work
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2018
I loved working here. The place provides hands on training, paid training. You will work with very knowledgeable profressiopnals. They treat you like a person not a number.
Pros
The people
Cons
No breaks
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are always looking at ways to improve our training and appreciate that you had a positive experience.

Keystone Quality Transport
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 4, 2017
Pick up Vehicle for Transport. To check vehicle mileage, and equipment on the truck. Log pick up times for routes, transport patients from nursing homes, hospitals and dialysis centers.
Pros
Being out in the field
Cons
Low pay
great place
Medical Transporter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for Keystone. Very flexible hours and great team work. The pay was great but needed more hours at times. Patients were wonderful and very respectful to others.
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love that you had a great experience!

Another transport company
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2017
This employer is not out of the ordinary as far as the work goes. Management is easy enough to work with but they lack a certain quality of leadership.
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to improve so we will definitely work on it!

Work here if you want to feel completely unvalued.
EMT (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 26, 2017
I worked here for almost 2 years. They ought to change the name to Stepping Stone Transport. If you do decide to work here, be sure to network your way into one of the hospitals. Hardly anyone has EVOC. So if you have EVOC, you'll be driving almost all of the time. Ambulances are in poor condition. Air Conditioning is weak- if any at all. They have an incentive program, however they constantly change the rewards - $300 one month, brown bag lunch another month, $50 another month. Never knew what the incentive was. Only $3,500 tuition reimbursement. PTO approval needed to be in one month ahead of dates, but notification of approval was only a week in advance. No cashing in of PTO. Only five paid holidays a year. Lots of OT available, but not often enough. Only when they need you. You never get your annual review on time. My reviews were all stellar, however my raises were very poor. Support from management was weak. A myriad of better EMT jobs available than here.
April 24, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We realized a problem last year with EVOC certifications as well and have made huge strides to increase the number of EVOC and EMSVO certified drivers. We have also added 10 brand new ambulances to our fleet as well as a handful of other newer ambulances. This has greatly improved issues with A/C, etc. We absolutely value our employees and the hard work they put in which is why we have put various rewards programs in place. We make huge efforts during EMS week in which we have provided various rewards to all of our employees including breakfast, catered lunches, bag lunches, travel water bottles, Rita's Water Ice trucks, etc. That was a huge success last year and appreciated by staff. We have also changed our review process so that each department received their annual review during the same month to ensure that everyone is accounted for. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and are working hard to improve every day!

okay pace
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2017
there ambulance fell apart..when it wood rain my boots would get wet INSIDE the ambulance ...the singer was the worst, half the trucks air conditioners didn't work and they would favor people and give them good trucks
April 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We have made a lot of improvements in our fleet over the last year which include the purchase of 10 brand new ambulances, 5 brand new wheelchair vans and many other slightly used vehicles. As a result we have taken the older vehicles off of the road. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!

one of the better paid...start out at 12.50
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2016
start your day making sure ambulance is ready to go , do to as many as 12 trips a day. carrying/lifting patients up flights of steps and into beds all day .then get told an end time but at last minture dispatch gives you another run.
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The last minute calls have always been a problem in our industry. As of March 1st, we have changed that policy and are no longer dispatching mandatory transports less than an hour before the employees end time. This has made a huge difference in that respect!

Fast pace, laid back
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 12, 2016
I find working at keystone to challenging, for one I work overnight so staying awake is a challenge within its self. I like to consider my self to be a people person, down to earth, public speaking is one of my strongest assets. I don't always get the nicest customers to talk to, but sometimes just sometimes my charming voice and professional manor can change an unhappy customer into a happy customer.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Not to friendly
April 24, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We definitely value every aspect of customer service and appreciate anyone that can make a customer happy!

A disappointment and a recommendation to go elsewhere
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2016
The pay is bare minimum while the work that is requested of you is a constant push to do more. Management has concerns only to make money and little concerns of your employee benefits or just overall care for the employee alone. Management can be extremely petty and pick and choose who gets time off and who doesn't. There has been rumors of a 'punishment' truck where a vehicle that is dirty, old and worn down is given to crews that need 'punishment' for whatever reason. Having said that, the equipment is extremely old, outdated and the ambulances are beat and worn down as well. Though I have had a good relationship at work, never having issues that cause me to receive any punishment or write-ups, the job culture and work environment is terrible. It is a shame that this company is run the way it is.
April 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have had a complete overhaul in our management team over the last couple of years. We have turned around our fleet with the purchase of 10 brand new ambulances and many other slightly used ones. With the addition of these vehicles and changing our end of shift last call policy, we have made a huge effort in improvement in those areas. We aim to be fair and consistent with all employees and we do not have a "punishment truck"! We are continually working at improvement the work environment. Thank you again for your feedback.

I had a good employee working experience
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 1, 2016
I loved working with our contracted facilities and hospitals. My co-workers was also outstanding but as far as some of the managers I wish they were a little more honest and loyal. I loved working over night. My shift was from 10pm - 9am week days 7pm - 7am on my week. I worked every other weekend then off Monday and Tuesday. Worked Wednesday and Thursday off the weekend.
The hardest thing for me was lying to co-workers when they called to ask for their schedule knowing that they have been taken off the schedule.
Pros
The schedule 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off ect. Talking to a lot of different people
Cons
Manager always sugar coating situations
April 24, 2018

We appreciate you taking time out to provide your feedback and are glad you enjoyed working in customer service. We have definitely improved the culture and scheduling as well. All of our schedules are now online and accessible by all employees!

Private Ambulance Transport Company
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN and Para-transit (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PASeptember 26, 2016
The job of an EMT is to saves, or at least keep people in the best shape they can be whilst transporting them to their destinations, be it a definitive care facility, hospice or back home. I work a 13 to 15 hour night-shift specializing in bariatric patients with special needs. As a women of 46, having sustained no injuries, I am proud of both me and my partner in firmly holding this status. I'm a loyal employee of nearly 13 years without consequence.

All my EMT partnerships were made of trust and strength found within each other, our ethics and our skill sets were of the utmost importance. Safety comes first. Instincts should be a part of every decision, and communication is key.

Management from 2004 through 2015 was excellent. Everyone knew who was in charge of what and where they stood, Respect between the ranks was strong. There was a sense of family in the midst of professional formalities. Employees, for the most part, were invested and positive. Upper management was ever-present with positive reinforcement.

Coworkers during that time came and went, but the morale was high among those who were there for the cause, and they understood the details of every change and growth spurt of the company. Teamwork was easily reached. Maturity and flexibility wasn't hard to find.

The hardest part of the job was saying no to that "one extra call" after your scheduled end-time. This was mostly due to a sense of duty and a will to work with dispatch to get pending calls off the board. Night-shift dispatch knows how to get the job done with demonstrations of fairness
  more... and support which makes a strong team out of even the most stubborn satellites.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to make a difference in people's lives; turning frowns upside down, making patients and their loved ones feel like people instead of situations; coming home feeling like you exercised your best talents and gave your best self to every moment with a sense of accomplishment and purpose.
Pros
Dave Scott
Cons
Physical fitness and determination are sometimes not enough.
April 24, 2018

Thank you very much for providing your feedback! We greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication of all of our employees. We know how tough the job is in the field and can't thank our staff enough. Keep up the great work!

Overall, not the same company where I had worked for years!
Ambulance Biller (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 21, 2016
Not a good company to work for! New management has changed the entire company, there is no longer any respect, employees are not valued, benefits are poor. We once had an impeccable reputation, but no more! Coworkers were great, at one time we felt like family, that is no longer the case. Hardest part of the job with this new management was coming to work every day not knowing if you would have a job at the end of the day!
Pros
Close to home, flexible hours, great co-workers
Cons
Bad management, Poor healthcare benefits
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly understand that changing out the management team was a tough process for all involved. We have worked tirelessly since then to engage our staff in conversation, make sure they know they are appreciated and keep an open door policy to encourage dialogue.

Description of job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2015
Very fast paced environment, pretty much an independent driver as you are given a daily itinerary of assignments. Had to communicate with a dispatcher to confirm assignments completed
Pros
Independence
Cons
Early morning, long work days
April 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. One of the benefits of being a driver is having that independent feeling on the road. We have also changed some shifts over the last few years to shorten some of the long days!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keystone Quality Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight