Keystone School Employee Review

View all Keystone School reviews

Ever expanding education company where student achievement is paramount
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJuly 23, 2013
Keystone has always been a great place to work. I started as a seasonal temp in the warehouse, moved to the customer service department, then was promoted to warehouse supervisor.

During my growth here I learned vast amounts regarding global logistics, inventory procurement/management, and the general operations of the company. I have been tasked with special projects by the Director of Ops on several occasions and came in on time and under budget each time. I also negotiated and implemented a new contract with a book vendor in Florida, saving Keystone an average of $600,000 per year on textbooks.

I am also responsible for the interviewing, hiring, training, and daily scheduling of my warehouse crew. My current staff do an amazing job and I'm very proud of the team I put together. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I get to work with daily.

Another thing I really appreciate about Keystone is we're always encouraged to think outside the box, challenge the "it's always been done this way" mentality, and to find new and creative ways to solve problems. I feel that is where I can shine the most. I really enjoy problem solving and Keystone has given me the opportunity to improve aspects of my department, my staff, and the operations of Keystone overall.

Keystone has certainly prepared me for the next step in my career.
Pros
Excellent group to work with, very team oriented, rapid overseas expansion, high quality education for students world wide.
Cons
Since the company was purchased by K12, Inc daily work flow has been much more difficult, the hierarchy at corporate HQ in Virginia

Other Keystone School Employee Reviews

Casual and friendly atmosphere
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 15, 2019
The office is a very relaxed, has a friendly atmosphere where everyone has worked together well with a casual dress code. The hardest part of the job at times is the lack of communication between management and the employees, but the most enjoyable part of the job are my coworkers and how well we work together as a team. There are changes coming soon, one being a new software system upgrade which should improve the work flow of the student enrollment process and create a less manual workload.
Pros
PTO time is very generous as well as the holidays off
Cons
Pay scale not competitive, healthcare
Fun work place
After care teacher (Current Employee) –  119 e Craig plMarch 7, 2018
Keystone is a good school to work out , kids are well behaved
I learned patients
Work place is nice
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping out with the kids
Pros
Activities