Keyw Corporation

Keyw Corporation Employee Reviews

United States43 reviews
I came to KeyW through an acquisition, and was promoted to Facility Coordinator when my supervisor (who'd previously held that position) left the company. KeyW eventually had a large leadership shift in order to prepare for what would later be an acquisition by Jacobs Engineering. Once new leadership took over, the corporate culture went downhill and morale was low, to say the least. It's what happens more often than not with acquisitions, unfortunately. Luckily, I found an opportunity within a more appropriate industry for my degree program and have been gaining new skills every day.
KeyW has been a great company and now as part of Jacobs the future looks bright. There is a great culture here that is focused on the national security mission.
Compensation is great, but the job security is not there for those seeking long term employment. Pay is great, but being treated as an employee isn't that great.
The job was entry level, so I was prepared to receive an entry level salary; perfect for single, young people. Did I mention that I’m surrounded by young people? If you can adapt to the IC culture then you’ll fit right in.

Extremely high attrition rate!!! Not many people stay past a year.
Pros
PTO / Comp Time / Beautiful surrounding area/ Restaurants
Cons
Low Salary for Entry Level
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I really liked working for this company. The culture was good, the people were good. But I got this job and decided I didnt want to move closer. Then, we
Happy to go into detail in person or over the phone regarding a typical day, what I learned, management, work place culture, the hardest part of the job, and other details of my time at KeyW.
The people I worked with were very cooperative and helpful for me learning my job. Learning was OJT. The team mate that helped didn't stay with the company long after I got there and he told me that it would take over a few years to really learn the processes.

I learned how to observe processes within a system life cycle and prepare reports when the process had issues.

The work place was in a SCIF. The climate control was not consistent. My workspace was behind servers that were noise all day.

Management is very supportive and provided guidance when needed. I was able to take time off when unexpected issues happened and make it up according to company policy.

The hardest part of the job was the noisy workspace.

The most enjoyable part was working with the people. They would bring in treats and have enjoyable conversations during breaks.
From what I seen, KeyW would rather hire from outside then to promote within. I've watched a few people leave so they could be considered for a higher position.
Fantastic opportunity to get foot in the door with the government. Benefits and pay are commensurate with experience. Management is up front and communicates consistently. Recently bought out by another bigger company which should bring about more opportunities to move internally and better pay/benefits.
Pros
Good culture, great place to start career
Cons
Advancement depends on contract
Good opportunity to support government-sponsored projects. Lots of emphasis on working with sponsor's team and prime contractor to support new and established contracts.
Management does not seem to care about employees or helping them expand their opportunities. Poor understanding or guard/reserve schedule. Not very military friendly.
Pros
Benefits and connections
Cons
management
Focus on employee redeployment and internal promotion. I work in a subsidiary of KeyW and we have a very family-orientated and comfortable work environment.
Keyw Corporation is a great working environment. The people are energetic and supportive. the only issue that with the company is the lack of on the job training.
Great experance with classroom environment meeting and talking to new people. Company give flexable time off although manditory classroom time as a teacher.
The management team will do everything they can to make their employees happy. Great team dynamic, great benefits. Best company I've worked for hands down!
This Company truly is amazing and also competitive. From CEO to Supervisors to peers in the workforce, everyone has great communication. I absolutely admire this company and wish to stay, but looking out for my future is also a need.
KeyW is a great place to work. They are a contract company that supplies great employees to work on government contracts. One thing I enjoy about my job is that it is constantly changing.
Great place to work, provides employees flexibility to telecommute. Where the supervisors trust their employees and are mainly hands off, allowing the employees to do their jobs with very little to no supervision.
Pros
Ability to telework.
Cons
Driving distance.
Decent government contractor with lots of opportunity in the Capital Area Region. Large enough to provide good contract coverage, but small enough not to become a number
Nice place to work - good benefits, good salary. regular work week schedule, good parking, food trucks, nice campus, nice work location and break rooms
This was a place with great benefits but are being cut. Their are no priorities and is very cutthroat. Management will not give you the tools you need to succeed and you have to figure a way to find your way around. No one will lift a finger to train or support you!
Pros
was the benifits
Cons
benefits being cut and cut throat organization.