KGPCo
59Below average

KGPCo Employee Reviews

United States180 reviews
Fast pace and stressful work environment. Do not pay well. Training for the job was not the best. Had 2 people training and each had different ways. Made it hard to understand processes.
Pros
Updated building and lunchroom
Cons
Very little on pay increases
A bunch of friends who jumped a troubled Nexius to a bunch of friends who run a troubled KGP. Hire actual leaders and stop promoting your friends and tower climbers to managment roles.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good old male buddy system
KGP is one of the best job I’ve ever had I went into it, knowing nothing about underground construction or fiber optics. The contractors, KGP and others, are all very great people and love to see you succeed. The day to day challenge to learning something new is very rewarding and the medical, dental, and vision benefits are out of this world and very affordable. This is a perfect company to work for if your new to the construction ssetting.
Pros
Amazing pay
Cons
No cons in my opinion
The job I did was easy. I liked the hours and the pay. Co workers are childish and immature. They have their little groups and don't want anyone else in them.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Co workers
Terrible management
Existing employees don't agree with management/business

No room for growth

Pay isn’t good

No proper training

I worked here for over a year and all I can say is they don’t care about you plain and simple. You are only there to work. If you need a day off to take care of personal business good luck if some else already has that day off, they will only give you a short period or reject the request completely. Management rarely does anything, and only actually work when we are slammed. Not to mention they don’t really train you on your task/duties. They Rely on their current workers to teach and show new employees what is to be done, however, those same employees are just as lazy and do things sloppy or just completely wrong. On top of that a lot of current employees will tell you they disagree with how KGP does business and the way they manage the warehouse and its employees. There is no room for proper growth, with raises being capped, also some earn more than others while the ones who make more don’t do as much as the ones who make less. They like to take or what they would call (borrow) people from different departments to cover other departments that have not finished their work, thus make the department they borrowed people from behind as well. On top of that they like to change employees to a different department they did not get hired nor tarried for and you are expected to do it without being asked or explained why. Many people have come and gone and they have a hard time getting people to stay with workers walking out without even completing
 - more...
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The typical day at work was usually always busy. With at least one incoming shipment a day, we would receive up to 3 different sites per load, physically and into the system. The hardest part of the job was heavy lifting and never stopping. There was always something to do.
I have spent 13 years of my life with this company. They continued to invest in me and allowed me to grow as a leader. They gave me amazing opportunities and believed in me. This is and always will be a family to me. I’m no longer with the company but they all continue to check in on me.
Safety! I was working on an order when a forklift from behind me nearly hit me. Less than a foot away.
Female manager would pick who would get all her good attention while others were yelled at. Talkes down to. Just a total disrespect.
Pros
I received a paycheck.
Cons
Safety
I can only recommend new life beginner to the company who have less to spend, wages are average $11 which I feel not enough for the current life
Old workers too overwork new one
Constantly changing of incentive plans to make reaching goals of being paid more difficult
No compensation for remote workers internet, almost no phone either

Everyone is going in different directions and information is only shared with small groups of people

There is a small group of employees wanting to do the best for the customers but internal issues make it difficult for them

Too many dotted lines on the org chart to be productive
Don't waste your time honestly. The co workers are rude and management play favoritism. No place for advancement. All you are is another body in a chair to make them money
as tech shifts they were not ready. from 3g to 4g lay off from 4g to 5g layoff if they hire again will be same thing once newer cable gets released. great short burst employment. four day work week and upper managment will lie right to your face.
Pros
homse work life balance
Cons
always up and down
Had the opportunity to build: a new management team, incorporate several warehouse fundamental functions (i.e. safe safety, stabilize staffing and incorporate contract staffing strategy, incorporated several reporting tracking tools to aid the line supervisory staff to make better tactical decisions.
Pros
Opportunity to learn a new industry and several business models.
Cons
Time demand exceptionally high.
Typical day involves procuring materials, reviewing inventory, and identifying opportunities to reduce overstock or obsolete materials.
Have learned many new skills in my role and with limited supervision. You are put generally put into a sink or swim opportunity.
Pros
Ability to work from home when needed, free coffee
Cons
Lots of finger pointing and blame, despite team effort up front
I only have a productive workplace when I am working. The hardest part of my job is having work to do, no work, no pay. I get frustrated when I have to look for work when my main duties dry up.
I worked here for a few years and it just kept getting worse. It’s a revolving door of poor employees and managers. Most of the people here are stealing, doing drugs and on work release. They will take anyone and cut every safety corner just to get the job done. Daily accidents, multiple fires,, damaged racking and blocked fire exits is what you can expect here.
Pros
Started out small and nice to work at
Cons
Grew into a mess of safety violations and theft
KGPCo is a good place to work if you like working 1 on 1 with the same customers daily. The work flow can be very high which can lead to stress but you're only one person and can only do so much in one day. I worked directly with 10 other co-workers that were part of my team. They were nice to work with. Overall the job was good but very busy and demanding at times.
I have learned a great amount working for this company. The company culture is great and everyone is friendly. Management is interested in making you successful in your job and career. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance and family friendly flexibility.
there were so many changes at the time because we were building up and we were getting ready to go to a new warehouse. the employees were very hard working and they were open to learn and to understand how the business worked.
The best part of working there was when they told me I was getting laid off. I worked the best I could but it was never good enough. If you were a brown noser or a tattle tale you did great and was pushed through raises.
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Product management responsibility for full life cycle management of cloud products

Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned product family

Assists in management of inventory levels & develops process improvements for inventory management

Sets customer pricing in system, makes margin recommendations on quotes and assists with pricing policy

Creates and edits data content for product in the system

Maintain Market awareness and remain current with market trends and product changes

Work with suppliers to develop product training priorities and corresponding training materials and presentations

Provide industry forum/trade show support, review all vendor content on company collateral and work with vendors on participation in joint customer events

Works across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating product plans and vendor roadmaps, and communicating the impact of product decisions to all stakeholders

Works with the BU and Marketing organization to build marketing plans and drive them through the organization
Ask a question about working or interviewing at KGPCo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8