KGPCo Employee Reviews

I don't recommend
Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Century, KSJanuary 6, 2019
Horrible place to work. They don't train you and then get mad when you make mistakes. They provide very little information when it comes to your review. And forget about getting a raise, that's reserved for certain employees.
Pros
Cons
everything sucks
Awful work environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSDecember 1, 2018
This was not a good company to work for. Their management was not good and they were awful at delivering tasks and giving raises when the time would come for that.
Productive Learning Environment
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 13, 2018
KGP Co is constantly cross training in most Facilities of the company. The culture and management are caring but serious with their Production Goal Setting..
Pros
Cross Training, Bonuses, Fairness, Benefits
Cons
Coaching Employees
KGPCo was a great company to work for
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 27, 2018
I loved working for KGP. The atmosphere was great. The only reason why I had left was because the compensation was much lower than other companies and I needed to make more.
Long hours and no appreciation
Material Handler 2 (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAOctober 19, 2018
The job itself is easy, no matter the function. You can get the numbers you need without trying that hard, however you're required to work long hours for what seems like no reason, even when you feel that the work is done they find something for you to do to keep you there. The workers there are great, you collaborate and use teamwork and that's what gets you through the day, is the people, except for management who treat you poorly and are unappreative.
Pros
Plenty of overtime if wanted
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation or communication
Allows remote work and flexibility but Corporate loyalty to workforce is lacking.
Telecommunications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairbalut, MNOctober 2, 2018
Pay is decent, generally. No chance for career growth within unit I was associated with. My main complaint would be that middle management is reactionary to day to day issues instead of forward thinking over difficult business conditions with knee-jerk layoffs without regard to long term needs. This puts employees in a difficult position in day to day concerns (morale) on top of the normal job demands.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Day to day employment can't be counted on.
Great Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2019
They are awesome to work for and if you want to start a career in project coordinating this is the place. Highly recommend to anyone if you like to work hard and have a busy day in telecom.
Most Unorganized Operation I’ve Ever Seen
Still waiting to find out (Former Employee) –  Alburtis, PADecember 16, 2018
They will sweet talk you all through the interview process and then bam! Mandated 12 hour days 6 days a week. Pay is horrible. Management has NO clue what is going on. They are clueless in how to properly load a truck which one would think would be TOP priority in the Logistics field. There is no organization and there is no corrective action taken against disciplinary infractions (employees or supervisors). Basically, the employees run the show and the operation clearly depicts that. There is no inventory control. You’re forced to make decisions off gestumations and not actual numbers which, in Logistics, is unacceptable. Be cautious of what you say and whom you say it to. Woman in the front office has a big mouth and loves to repeat other people’s business to anyone who will listen. I started looking for new employement a week after being hired and took a new position two weeks later. I can’t even put this experience on my resume because I STILL do not know what my job title or responsibilities were. That’s how unorganized this place is. Safe yourself the gas and stress and look elsewhere.
Possible Advancement but Not Promising
Cabling Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 5, 2018
It took a while for anyone to tell you what had to be done that day. Too many people relied on others for their tasks, guidance, etc. Once tasks were handed out, it got stressful. Complicated builds due in two days, so much inventory to be checked in that your head would explode, no consideration for others, unorganized and chaotic. Management failed to be a good role model. Snapping at their best employees for the tiniest mistake, or letting someone come back after they had been missing for 2 weeks.
Kgpco
Floor associate (Former Employee) –  New centuryJanuary 10, 2019
I’m not going to say anything bad but I have nothing good to say at all if you want a life or an opportunity don’t work here point blank worked here for a long time it’s cool if you are single and live with your parents or fresh out of high school but other that this place is a joke
Pros
The people you work with on the floor
Cons
No advancement
They were backed up on a lot there products you are suppose to have starting off
Locator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 15, 2019
Honestly I liked the money but didn’t like how they were so late getting me the things I needed. Didn’t like that they still haven’t paid me for a couple days I’ve worked either. So all in all good money but not so good management
Pros
Company truck, phone and laptop
Cons
Slow on getting things you need
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSApril 1, 2018
I would not recommend working for this company. They like to run extremely lean and you will never get a decent raise for anything you do. Turnover is constant.
over all good people to work for
Lead/In Charge Installer(IV) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
Over all was a good company to work for but I spent 22 years in the Navy away from my family and the only work they had was out of town. I would go back if called but only if the work were local.
benefits
Cons
out of town work
poor hot building no care for employees
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2019
uncontrolled. no care for employees and poor systems to support operation. poor training program for new associates and no orientation. two overlapping shifts.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Depends on position but you can work long hours and weekends if needed
Project Coordinator-PMO (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 17, 2018
Definitely a good place to start your career, there are many different facets of the telecom industry that you can learn by working at KGPCo. The reason i am leaving is due to the lack of growth potential I had in my position, this is not the case at every position.
Good Place to Work with Good Management
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 19, 2018
This was a good place to work for. The work itself was neither too hard or too easy, and the managers were good people who never gave me any reason to complain. As long as you're competent and willing to work hard, you should be able to succeed there.
Loved the people I worked with.
Pre/Post Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  New Century, KSFebruary 9, 2018
The people I worked with were the best. I formed life long friendships. I learned more programs and computer skills while working for this company. Some days felt like they would never end and others went by extremely fast.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
You were replaceable and they told you so
The workers are a nightmare
DC Associate (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 21, 2018
You can work your butt off, and if one thing goes wrong and you are to blame, you will be outcasted and treated terribly by fellow workers. They will literally make your job almost impossible. If even worse things happen due to those in their group, they are ok. Management does try to work with you and place you in other areas if you work well. Just avoid making friends with anyone. They are all out for themselves. Worst place for personal friendships/relationships. Just go in a do your job. Keep your mouth shut. Don't try to befriend anyone.
Pros
Job is fine, pay is decent, scheduled breaks
Cons
Fellow employees, temperatures
Great place to work.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 6, 2018
KGPCo is a great place to work. I really enjoy the people I work with and management treats us very fairly. The best part of my job is traveling to different locations and meeting new people.
Easy money,bad enviroment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 8, 2017
They praise the people who like to goof around and not work hard while the hard workers are left picking up slack. Going down hill pretty fast. Easy work for the money but does get stressful because they dont hire enough people. It is hard to move up unless you are a favorite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KGPCo. Our community is ready to answer.