Khoros

Khoros Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Khoros has a relaxed yet professional environment with hard workers and great perks including healthy, catered lunches 4 days a week, discounted pet insurance for my pup, discounted gym membership, wellness allowance, and my favorite - free cold brew on tap! Even before my first day, it was clear that employee training/advancement is important, which is something I value in a company. I have already recommended this company to friends and will continue to do so :)
Growing Organization!
Began with Lithium Technologies, Inc., and continued through merger with Spreadfast. Great cross functional collaboration, very good health/welfare benefits and diverse global teams.
This organization offers a progressive customer engagement platform!
In Deep Trouble
Upper management is out of touch. Dev organization has experienced 50% attrition in the past few months with most of the senior devs leaving for better paying jobs. Some teams are down to one or two people. It's going to be difficult for them to maintain existing products, much less do anything new. If you're a developer, or anyone for that matter, I'd recommend avoiding Khoros if at all possible.
Pros
Free lunch 4 days a week.
Cons
Poor management.
It's a good place to work
Working at Spredfast was a breath of fresh air. At a certain level you're giving autonomy and treated with respect, as an expert., Hours are flexible, lunch is free and the culture is fun.
Pros
Culture, flexible schedule, free lunch
Cons
Low pay, ineffective management, nepotism
Cool place, but having major merger struggles
Currently going through a merger, so there are lot of growing pains right now. Lots of headless chickens. I do think that once things are more settled and conformed, things will be a lot better.
Pros
catered lumch
Cons
unorganized due to merger
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Fun, and growing company
I liked Lithium but over the last several years they have undergone a good deal of change. in recent years they acquired three companies and were likewise themselves acquired. Their biggest challenges now seem to be finding a way to unify the diverse and scattered staff, get them all on the same page with directives, get a single source reference database for products and a more engaging training department.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Even though the staff is great the job demands are high
Loved working there
Loved working there, I just happen to be there when the company was going through a lot of changes through management but great culture there, nice people
Passionate team motivated to succeed
Lithium successfully went through a tremendous growth spurt, but got stuck a bit on transitioning to the next phase a growth. This was both the result of market dynamics and failure to move the product forward in a timely fashion. The next phase under Vista Equity ownership will create a profitable, low growth business.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Market headwinds
Fast-growing company with a start-up environment
Great people to work with and tons of perks. Free lunches, personal trainer, massages, etc. Dog-friendly workplace. Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.Growing at breakneck speed!
Great place to learn and grow
I worked with alot of very smart and driven people. My coworkers are one of the reasons why I enjoyed working at Spredfast. I was paid a fair salary, and I felt that the experience I gained at Spredfast has help position my career for the future.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Spredfast is a fantastic place to work!
I couldn't say enough good things about the people at Spredfast. They are easy to work with. Easily integrate new ideas into the platform with minimal push back. The benefits are also fantastic! Love working at Spredfast!
Poor Management Structure
If you are an automatic fit then you have no worries, if not then you may experience difficulties trying to adjust. Managers can be inexperienced and not up to the level of communication necessary to be a good manager.
Pros
Free lunch, work from home, cool office
Cons
People that may not be willing to work with you
Great place
Spredfast is wonderful but the pay should be much better. The culture is amazing and the flexibility is unbeatable. Management isn't as experienced in some of the departments.
It was fun but hard to get in
It was fun but hard to get in because they have one special test that you have to pass to get in and it's so hard. they don't have much open positions so makes it impossible almost to get hired
Pros
good envirement
Cons
hard to get in
Good company, good products
Good company undergoing substantial changes since acquisition. Struggling to grow in the community space with increased competition, but very strong in social media management. New CEO still making changes, new exec staff in all areas.

Culture needs work. Largely a remote workforce without a strong central HQ. With all the changes, personality and purpose are not clear.
Love Working at Spredfast
I've worked at Spredfast for almost a year now and it's definitely the most positive experiences that I've had in the multiple Enterprise Software companies that I've worked for. Not only does Spredfast have a strong product in the Enterprise Social Media Management Software space, but internally, I feel that we have a well-oiled machine that makes it easy to focus on doing your job as opposed to doing clerical tasks or not knowing where to go to find information.
Pros
Strong product, great internal communications, healthy work culture, empowering philosophy by management (as opposed to micro-managing)
Cons
We are moving offices in May 2019 (location TBD)
Great People
Building, Selling and Renewing Social Marketing Software is not an easy feat. While things are not perfect, I have a ton of confidence that the executive team is creating a valuable business.

Knowing I'm a part of creating a valuable business/service is a big deal to me. My management has been a big plus. I've had a number of managers that will probably rank in the best I'll ever have. I did have a couple that weren't that great, but big net win.

The strengths are the talents of the people you work with. A growing market and leadership that cares about the people. You can learn a career worth from the leaders at Spredfast.

The weaknesses that show themselves are in process of being addressed by the company. More training for the employees, improving communication across departments, and a few others.

If you want to learn and do excellent work, great place.
Very Organized On-boarding Process
The on-boarding process was one of the best I have ever experienced. The presentation was extremely helpful and very well organized. My laptop was ready on day 1.
Great place to work and help a great list of customers enhance their social media strategies. The team really cares to make a difference and work collaboratively. It's a growing and everchanging industry so there is risk involved, but the rewards are good.
Pros
Team collaboration and social media learnings
Good Company
Lithium is a very strong company to work for. Since the acquisition they have been focused on trying to acclimate to the Vista model which has taken some time.
Na
I would not be able to recommend Spredfast, especially for remote employees. Everyone is just waiting for the company to be acquired and not trying to make it a great place to work any more.
Pros
Na
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Khoros. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.4
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.