Kia Motors America Employee Reviews

Competitive but worth the effort
Distribution Planning Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 13, 2017
Kia Motors is not for everyone. Working here requires an individual who is selfless, who isn't working just for a pay check, but understands the added value one can gain from working at Kia Motors. The hours may be long but with the right attitude you can succeed here. Think of Kia Motors as a stepping stone, it will open many doors and opportunities, and dedication is the key to success.
nice place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken PennsylvaniaSeptember 4, 2017
Great family-owned company That believes in their employees And helps promote WithinClean state-of-the-art facilityThey've been in business for many years
Pros
nice people clean environment
Cons
long commute and hours
No work-life balance
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2017
Horrible work-life balance and management is lack luster. Continuous revolving door of hires. Work six days a week with only one day off, unless it's the end of the month then you have to work regardless of day-off.
Middle Managment
Sr. Information Systems Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 18, 2017
Unless you are blessed by an angel, the prospect of advancing your career is very minimal. I have noticed employees who were there for 13+ years leave because of lack of advancement.
Pros
Good employees to work with
Cons
Autocratic micromanaging leadership
stressful
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 17, 2017
its stressful no help at all two days of the week i was by myself and it was very very stressful. Management was okay. some service advisers were great people
Productive and quantity
Assmely line (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 15, 2017
We are going on short time so I'm looking for a part time job. I rotate on my job at Kia Motors so I am looking for a part time job. Hopefully I can find anything that can fix into my Kia schedule.
horrible management
Corporate Events Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 15, 2017
The culture at this work place is unbalanced, and creates extreme stress for nearly every person who works there. Unless you are Korean, I would not recommend working there.
benefits
Cons
long work hours, dysfunctional system, extremely poor management
Old people stuck in they're old ways
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Copiague, NYJune 14, 2017
Long shifts, 6 days a week, not a volume dealership so they rather sell 5 cars and make 20k then sell 20 cars and make around the same amount if not more
Fun energetic workplace with a variety of talented employees
Clay Modeler/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2017
I worked in the automotive design sector (KDC) which was a great experience. As a trainee, I was introduced to many processes involved in the designing and model making of conceptual design vehicles. The helpful staff guided me through the rigerous training courses and the skills I gained led me straight into a contract in Germany. Overall a very good experience.
Fun place with a gym
Warranty Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 3, 2017
management is ok, the culture is pretty laid back. the hardest part of the job is being stuck at a desk for 8 hours, the most enjoyable is the co-workers are fun to talk to.
Pros
car discounts, gym in house, relaxed work environment
Cons
low pay, not much advancement, poor relations with Korea executives who don't understand the US market
Co workers felt like family
Line Keeper (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAApril 27, 2017
Kia is definitely a good experience to have. Working in the Welding department, in the repair area brought along many challenges that had to be addressed immediately & learning to work with robots & raw metal was definitely a new challenge.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts every 30 days
My Job at KIA
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 13, 2017
Great place to work. Great hours. Management was good. Fast paced and safe environment. Great benefits. I would work there again if I ever moved back in the area.
Internship
Distribution Internship (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJMarch 28, 2017
Amazing internship where you are almost always busy. Learned more in the 10 weeks there than I learned in a 14 week college class. Staff is amazing and helpful.
Palm springs kia. worst place ive worked so far. favoritism and managers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMarch 5, 2017
probably the worst place I had to work at. management showed favoritism and just hired relatives. last option to apply to. try another dealership first.
Pros
great place to work if you're related to management
Cons
no comission for minimum wage employees most other dealerships offer hourly and commission
good pay but boring job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  westpoint,GAFebruary 7, 2017
Kia is a ok place to work if you like doing the same thing a million times in one lifetime. You are inside the whole time there are no windows or clocks in sight.
Pros
money
Cons
the job
pays ok
Contractor (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAJanuary 22, 2017
Kia Motors is easy and repetitive. Kia never gives anyone too much off a load. Management team understand us. Kia has more that one establishments.
Pros
10 min breaks
Cons
temps
Awesome Opprotunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 19, 2017
I was an intern here and I learned a lot in the three months of the internship, the mechanics were helpful, and management was great.
Productive and active
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 26, 2016
I loved working here, even if getting cussed out by the managers every day seemed normal. The cars are wonderful, and the sales and finance people are lovely. I believe they just got all new management so abuse from them shouldn't be a problem. In all, just remember that it's car sales. Always have and always will be a competitive and carefree market. Would work there again!
Pros
When it was slow you could leave, help from everyone around you
Cons
Being yelled/cussed at
Lacks leadership
KIA technician (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CANovember 27, 2016
Company has abandoned the dealership and is in desperate need of proper leadership and staff. Upper management has been a revolving door for years and the turn around rate for all employees is very high
Pros
Close to home, small shop
Cons
Small shop, bad area
Nice place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAOctober 4, 2016
Great place to work, love the ppl and the benefits. Family first company, acknowledges employee the accomplishments made. Room for advancement , overall fair place of employment.
Pros
Always rewarded for the accomplishment made.
Cons
Rotating shifts