KICHLER LIGHTING Employee Reviews

Productive place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 27, 2019
The job was very fast paced but but managable' the managers of the company were vert nice an involved.I enjoyed working for this company if the gad one in my hometown i wouldve decinetly transferred
Terrible place to work
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 30, 2019
A lot of tattle telling, nick picking no appreciation and a lot of back stabbing. Mananagement listens to people who has been there longer over new people when really people who has been there longer kept their place because they snitch and nick pic people. If your not black you have a pretty good chance of being a favorite.you get barely no sick time or time to call off or take care of your family.if you don’t like weekly pay this job is not for you
Pros
Office parties nice events the work is easy
Cons
30 minute lunches, micro management, nick pick
Radical changes.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 6, 2019
In October they laid off 21 people. MASCO purchased Kichler and is making radical changes. Management is protecting themselves and getting rid of any competition to save there own jobs.
Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter (Lay-off) (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 19, 2018
Nice people, but management has a very hard time keeping its employees informed. Very hard to do your job. No direction given because they do not want to relinquish any control. Training is poor.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
management
Laissez-Faire leadership
Shipping and Receiving Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 7, 2018
The leadership style of management is autocratic, and fails to impact employees favorably. Laissez-faire leadership thwarts the growth of employees and is ineffective for productivity.
Pros
Weekly paycheck
Productive and Fun Workplace
Quality Technician III / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH / Chandler, AzJune 5, 2018
Kichler was a very competitive yet awesome company to work for. My experience in sales wasn't as good as my previous job in that company. While working in the operations department, I developed strong engineering, quality assurance and management skills that I will carry for the rest of my career. Our lab tours were the best in the company and it helped with sales tremendously.
all whip and no carrot
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 9, 2018
They love to work people long hard hours ,but to not appreciate hard work or a willingness to learn more. And they most definitely do not reward performance. This place is only to be used and abused ,because that's about all they have in-store for you .
Very good place to work.
E-Commerce Rep / Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoy working for this company, the atmosphere is friendly and work is medium hard in nature. They didn't micro-manage your day and you were left alone to do your job.

They recently implemented a new computer system.

The pace is pretty fast so the day passes very quickly.

Everyone is wiling to answer any questions you may have and the training is very extensive and ongoing.

The sick time policy is very strict.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
sick time policy
productive work place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. They provided great product training and systems training. Management has a open door policy and is always willing to help
Pros
Always busy, alot of product training
Great place with good people.
CNC Technician/Set up/Operator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 29, 2017
. Great place with good people. I was left alone to do my job without being micro managed. They understand that employees work to live and not the other way around. I enjoyed my time at Kichler Lighting.
ann (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 3, 2017
Nice to place to work. Good work hours. If they would just catch up with the times and become more modern it would be an excellent place to work. The work load that's provided does not compliment the pay grade. High turn over
Pros
Nice lunches
Cons
little vacation time, low pay, work and life not managiable
The time I spend working a Kichler was not a good one.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 20, 2017
When I left my employment at Kichlers I was at the point that it took everything inside of me to get up every morning a go to work, There was no support from the management staff in the department.
Great company to work for
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 9, 2017
Kichler was a great place to work it allows you to learn all the aspects of the warehouse and gave me an opportunity to help others advance in their careers.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 5, 2017
I worked for Kichler Lighting for 11 years. They are a great family owned company to work for. I would definitly recommend this company for employment.
Pros
on site Cafe, employee fitness center
You become friends with coworkers...
SYSTEMS SECURITY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Very familly oriented company to work for. Enjoyable and laid back atmosphere. Each employee has a great opportunity for advancement within company.
nice place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GADecember 15, 2016
nice place to work.nice atmosphere.always think about their employees.its a family enviroment.every four months.their was bonus.giving out.cook outs.
great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 12, 2015
great coworkers family oriented. not much room for growth. management is pretty good too. the only problem I have is there is not much room for growth
I like what i was doing
High Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Coming and stocking areas and repelinsh nad making sure the things need to be pick for orders was there. How to work fast and steaded and try to not make a mistake . They was a good team to work under and was happy to be working with them. I love my coworker here. we had fun doing what we was doing and i like how we got the job done. Nothing really was hard about the job cause we knew what we had to do. Knowing that we got the orders that our customer had order from us and it was ship on time for them.
Pros
That they congrandlate us on a good job we are doing.
Cons
na
Productive and Fun work environment
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 11, 2015
Great people to work around with. Typical Monday thru Friday, seven to four shifts. Occasional overtime. Opportunities to learn every position within the warehouse.
Pros
monday- friday 7-4 shift
Cons
very little room for advancement
great place to work
Product Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioAugust 18, 2015
great place to work. started as a HR Clerk and later accepted a position as a Product Management Coordinator and it has been working out very well for me i'm learning about the business and the industry.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KICHLER LIGHTING. Our community is ready to answer.