KICKAPOO LUCKY EAGLE CASINO Employee Reviews

great employees
Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJuly 11, 2018
Had an awesome team working with me. There was a lot of teamwork. Fun and exciting place to work always busy. Great HR department. All departments work as teams.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
Corrupt upper management
Typical
MAIN BANKER/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 29, 2018
Difficult and repetitive work especially when short staffed. Usually same procedures are needed each day to complete job tasks. Management sometimes shows up to help.
Pays well but Stressful place to work in
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 23, 2018
The place is too stressful because of the management put in place, way too much favoritism in all departments. Enjoyed my time there while it lasted but wouldnt go back. The place is too strict and they dont do anything about the favoritism. The pay was okay but really didnt learn much.
Performed Security Officer Duties
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TxMarch 19, 2018
Basic Security Officer jobs on day to day operations of the casino escorts to and from kiosks, atm, enforce any and all types of violations while on duty.
Pros
Pay was excellent.
Cons
Busy & fun place to work
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 15, 2018
This is an ideal place to work for someone who wants a small taste of what someone might find near a large city in a very small town. It is over a two hour drive from a large city. Lot of great, caring and hard working employees there.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Heavily regulated
Good co-workers make the work space fun and the day gos by fast.
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 3, 2018
Its a really good place to work love the people that go I really miss it I feel like I let people down for leaving. The time I spent their was the best really professional work space. A lot to work with more then other places I've been too best place to take your family to have a good time.
Pros
Good bonous every year
Cons
Short breaks, overtime
felt that I contributed to the operation
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXNovember 9, 2017
good folks worked at the casino and enjoyed the direction on service that I was l providing and how and what it takes to have an effective food and beverage team that is all about
"ladies and gentlemen taking care of casino customers"
Pros
good pay
Cons
stessfull due to amount of customers on the weekend
Faced pace environment
Revenue Audit/Cage Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXNovember 2, 2017
The Casino was often going through changes and kept me on my toes. I enjoyed working in an environment that challenged me everyday. This was a 24/7 running business. As manager I had to be comfortable with any change of shift. Although this did not happen too often, it was a must to be sure my mind was at attention all the times.
Great job, poor flexibility
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 22, 2017
Benefits and pay is great and career advancement as well as stability IS possible but the percentage of long term employees there is slim to none with a ratio of 1-100 give or take. Human resources could be boosted and managers should be better trained in leadership skills. The atmosphere is very tense 99% of the time. Employees quit left and right there is work overload a job for 40+ people is carried on half of that. There is far more punishment than reward at work. Schedule flexibility is nonexistent which is understandable but honestly could be very helpful in this establishment.
Great environment
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 16, 2017
The casino was also one of my favorite jobs. I was a dining room attendant at Sage Steakhouse and I would clean after tables that would be used. I would also prepare silverware and clean dishes.
Pros
Free benefits, great breaks, great hours
Cons
Fun place to work, fast pace, great job
Floor Attendant (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 15, 2017
the pay is great, plenty of people to work with, great benefits, only down side is it gets packed and smoke filled environment, varies from slow days to fast pace nights, must be able to work under a lot of pressure and maintain friendly customer service, i loved working here, can always transfer to different departments and shifts
Pros
cheap lunch, great pay, great benefits
Cons
smoke filled environment
Politics
Executive Sous Chef/ Acting Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 25, 2017
This place could be great. There is pros and cons about HR and the group that leads them. One day you could have a job but if you do one thing they don't agree with you will be out. politics
Pros
The fuest
Cons
Watch what you say! Keep quite whether it works what your plans are someone will just step on you.
Cool environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXMarch 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at the casino. Management is pretty great as well as the people I worked with. The only thing I was ever upset with was not being able to work overtime after some time.
Pros
Buffet in breakroom
Cons
no overtime
Avoid Security Department
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXMarch 14, 2017
There is no room to grow;
Don't apply to security if you're planning on transferring to another department. You'd have to quit and wait 45 days to be able to apply back.
They will not work with your schedule if you have kids, schedule rotates every 4 weeks.

There is strong favoritism in that department.
Financially a great job
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Working for the casino is great financially but they seem to lack loyalty and give their employees any sense of security, their is favoritism through out the departments.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Management makes it clear that you are expendable
needs and wants
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 15, 2016
the pay at the casino is ok for someone who maybe single or is in a relationship with no kids but for someone who is married with kids and a house payment they don't seem to care about. the casino needs to pay more because that is the reason as to way the have so many people leaving and going back and so on. they cant keep their employees simply because of the pay. they make so much money that only the people with higher level positions are doing ok.
friendly,clean, and outgoing enviornment
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me was prepping the restaurant with my co-workers, getting everything nice and shiny for when our customers would come in to enjoy a phenomenal meal. After our guests would enjoy their meal I would proceed to clean the tables and replace silverware and linens.
Pros
opportunity to move up to mangment postions
Cons
Na
Very Awesome place to work at
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXFebruary 25, 2016
they work with your schedule And always find a way to help you with your needs very great managers in that work place would work for them again
great experience
Manager Gregorio Garza (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 2, 2015
It was my first job, I took seriously, never miss a day, never called in sick, always on time, my manager help me to achieve my goals, my co-workers always treated me very professional, I learned a lot, the value of being part of a company, to me a piece of it and represent it.
Pros
know more people, professional references.
Cons
short breaks, Ac, smoking area
secured casino premises
security officer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJanuary 23, 2015
as you begin your shift you got to logging with dispatch get your radio since you enter the casino you check for abnormal traffics. once at dispatch while you get your equipment you ask for any incidents happen. i learned to keep my eyes open my ears ready and keep your points of view to yourself. sign language and security ten codes are commonly used when incidents happen.
book keeping keep your notes at all times and logged everything before advised dispatch. smile to my coworker and talk because in this way communication helps us been aware of problems. the hardest part of the job is to escort a customer out and the other to banned him from casino premises. the best part of my job for me to used security language
Pros
informal technology
Cons
entry level