Kickoff
Happiness rating is 78 out of 100

Working at Kickoff: 39 Reviews

United States39 reviews

Easy and educational

The job is good as a hobby and pocket change but for the amount of time that goes into scheduling clients and the effort involved in gaining new ones, the pay is extremely low. Beneficial to have on a resume however, and a good learning experience with a vast variety of client types.

Pros

Flexible hours, good vacation system, supportive management, self driven job

Cons

Hard to move up, churn system plateaus you, less than minimum wage collectively

Not for Everybody

I think the company is working to provide the experience of having a live Personal Trainer available to you. It promise contact with your trainer every single day. In theory sounds great! But in practice, it amounts to a fitness nanny app. As a trainer you HAVE to checkin with your clients on the daily. These daily check-ins are tied to how much you get promoted on their platform. And if you miss a day the app will yell at you. I think most folks are not ready for that level high touch interaction, they start strong and then by the second week they're like dud stop texting me. And for what you get paid (starting at 55/month per client) to do this level of service: daily check-in, weekly program build out, 1x - 2x per week phone call at the highest levels of service, updating meal recommendations for each client, updating weekly habits ... it still works out to pennies on the day that your actually getting paid. While the service promises leads, often these leads are recycled and they're not super high quality. You'll only get new leads if clients stick with you.

Pros

Done for you marketing

Cons

Low pay

Kickoff insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Horrible

-Really bad pay-They demote and cut your pay if you lose clients or don't sell plans-The user interface and app experience is really slow and bad. A high schooler can make a better app than that. Super glitchy and slow.

Official response from Kickoff

June 20, 2022
Hi! We are so sorry to hear that you feel this way. Coaches are super important to us and we never want anyone to leave thinking that that.Since our pay system is based on your client case load, it is true that your pay will go down if clients leave. Your pay does not go down if you do not get new clients on but it will increase if you have more clients currently training with you.We know it can be harder when you first start out since your caseload will be lower but we are always happy to help you build you your client load.I am personally bummed you will be around to see our brand new coach dashboard that we are releasing this week! This is a huge improvement to our current dashboard and addresses your comment about the interface.Feel free to email us if you would like to give it another try with the new dashboard and we can help build your income up as well. You are always welcome back if you would like.

Things are NOT as sweet as promised.

First of all, you are not going to make 2.500-5.000$ per month (as they claim) with this company. Or, maybe, but it will take you 5 years to get to it. Maybe it was different in the past, but now, since they hire literally everybody, they made it so competitive that they hardly give you leads. Not only me, but a lot of other coaches claimed that, lately, they were only getting 1 lead per month, which ended up being dead anyway. And yes, a lot of leads end up being dead: either not showing up for appointments, saying they actually want an in-person trainer, etc. Let alone the miserable monthly pay. My verdict: if you want to - go for it, but don't have it as your only job to rely on, you will go broke. Keep it aside for OCCASIONAL clients.

Official response from Kickoff

June 20, 2022
Hi, I am very sorry to hear your experience with us. It is possible to make 2-5k with us, as many of our coaches do, but you are right - it will take some time. Generally the average timeline to get there is around 6-8 months, sometimes sooner if the variables work well. It just depends on how fast you scale up. A lot goes on in lead allocation - it based on level (performance), time available to take the call with the lead, your preferences for types leads, etc. Additionally, lead conversion also is considered in allocation. We always encourage you if you have any issues with leads to always reach out to your coach manager so that they can help troubleshoot with you. Typically once you tweak a few things you will see more leads coming in. Let us know if you want to give it another try and we can help you with the points you brought up to help you get you where you want to be!

Nice people

This job is okay if there was a base pay for it. You get leads, but it’s never anything definitive. The people are really nice, although you don’t here from management much.

Great for learning; bad for a career

This job teaches you a lot about personal training and gives you a wide range of clientele to work with to help you develop experience. Not only that but they use a pretty good AI system to help you give your clients what they need without overworking yourself. HOWEVER, the pay range of $2,500- $3,500 per month is absolutely FALSE. I make on average $400 per month with this company and due to their churn rate system they make it hard to both get more clientele and promote into a higher pay with the company.

Pros

Very educational, can gain a lot of experience

Cons

Low pay that is near impossible to increase

Flexible job to have

Pros:-work/life balance-flexibility-work from anywhere-the company gives you many potential clientsCons:-Low pay-Hard to move up in the company

Good overall, pay is a bit low and clients are a bit dodgy.

The clients they give you are often not able to make it to calls, which gets counted against you as a coach and as a result most people don't get to the point where they can seriously treat it as a decent paying part-time job. The job itself is fun and easy for the most part and good for a resume for the sake of experience at the very least but I would pair it with one or two other jobs if possible.

Great place to connect with all types of clients and help them meet their fitness needs

Kickoff helps you succeed in your fitness coaching with easy to follow to-do lists for each day. Helpful managers to answer any questions of concerns you may have and help you manage and succeed with all your clients

Must Be Self-Driven

If youre able to manage your own tasks and clients for 60% of the time this is the company for you. Your managers will also do a good job explaining anything you are confused with.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Comission Only

Great company, great flexibility, great leads

Company consistently updates app, how much you can work is based on your schedule, can do part time or full time, company constantly providing leads.

Pros

Great company, great flexibility, great leads

Cons

Actually none, what you can accomplish is based on you.

Overall Great Company

Kickoff is a good company overall. It’s great being able to work with clients from all over the U.S. and even Canada. Management is very helpful and open to feedback. As a personal trainer, working from home is a lot easier than trying to juggle scheduling at a gym.

Pros

Management, Work from home, Meet new people

Cons

Pay is way too inconsistent, Lead calls are iffy and unpaid, Hard to take time off

Flexible, fun, encouraging place to work.

I have worked for Kickoff for just about 7 months now. This is an amazing company to work for. Due to covid I have had to spend lots of time at home with my two small children and this has allowed me to continue my personal training career. You work on your own schedule and on your own time. You do have to be very good at time management and setting boundaries with clients though otherwise it can overtake your life. I love working for this company and I get all the support I need from the kickoff staff. On average I work 3-5 hours a day and make comparable money from being an in house personal trainer.

Pros

Flexibility and the leads for growth

Cons

It can be hard to figure out the time management.

Great pay, great company

Kickoff fitness pays great and is an incredibly well-run company. Very thankful for this job! There’s very little to complain about. Definitely try to work here!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Growth-minded company built on integrity and transparency. Flexible schedule and the ability to remotely train from any location

I have been coaching with Kickoff for over a year now. I really enjoy the ability to set my own hours and have a flexible schedule. I can train clients from anywhere and consistently train while traveling. Kickoff is an exceptional company that encourages growth, provides great support from team leaders/head coaches, gives you the tools needed to build your clientele, help you streamline daily tasks with the tech-savvy app, and have workshops/virtual social events to connect with other coaches. They do this all with integrity, transparency, positive feedback, being open to suggestions, and always understanding. Kickoff is the best company that I’ve ever worked for, and I look forward to growing with them.

Pros

Flexible schedule, growth, and remote work

Cons

Lead calls not showing up

Great work, flexible schedule

Working for Kickoff has been great. They make it easy to build your books. I love that the app makes it seamless and easy to manage multiple clients (currently at 45 clients). Programming is easy and it’s easy to communicate with clients. Once you pass their on boarding process then you can control how many leads are put in front of you, which is pretty amazing! With Kickoff you are in charge of how many clients you want, so basically how little or how much you want to work. You can create your own schedule. You have access to clients all over the nation, with the different time zones that’s means no more super early mornings, dead afternoons and late nights - it’s pretty amazing!! Also the app is designed to have Saturday and Sunday off weekly and holidays like Memorial Day seems to be encouraged to be taken off (of course after taking care of your clients) Finally a place to work as a trainer with a normal schedule! The company was created by a trainer and you can really tell on how the app functions and the effort put forth to not have to work crazy hours.

Pros

Flexible schedule, leads given to you.

Cons

Pay is on a sliding scale (changes monthly), currently no opportunity for advancement

Super convenient, love helping others reach their goals from anywhere!

Kickoff is a great program where you get to help anyone reach their goals right from your home! You help change lives at a cheaper price while getting paid more! I love to see all of my clients successes and accomplishments!

Pros

Work from anywhere, good pay, great managers, help others

Cons

less social interaction being 100% virtual

Great company to work for with great management and a very supportive culture

I love working for Kickoff! Management is very transparent and responsive to feedback. They're working hard to establish a fun and supportive work culture even though we're all working remotely.The app is a great tool and makes my job as a trainer and coach much easier, because I can streamline my work and don't have to re-invent the wheel with each client. I love that I don't need to market myself to find my own clients, but Kickoff takes care of that part. It gives me more time to help people which is what I love to do.I love that I can work as much or as little as I want and set my own hours. For a while when I was too busy, I only carried a small client load, but recently I have scaled up, which is great because you make more money that way too.

Pros

flexibility, supportive and responsive management

Cons

Pay is a bit low, Coaches are contract positions without benefits

Supportive Company That Encourages Growth

Working for Kickoff allows me to interact with and train clients all across the US and Canada, broadening my impact and making it easy to find best-fit clients. I love the supportive, growth-minded atmosphere and the freedom to bring my own brand of training to the company. The focus is on the clients, and everyone from the top down works to make sure clients--and trainers!--have what they need to realize their goals.The schedule is mine to make, but the expectations are high and clear. Pay is incentivized but growth and new opportunities abound.All in all, I'm SO happy I got to come on board with Kickoff! I love this company!

Pros

Flexibility, Support, Room for Growth

Cons

Must have excellent intrinsic time management; can be hard to take personal time.

Great virtual coaching position

I’ve been with the company since the almost very beginning. It’s been awesome to watch it evolve and grow. Very open to coach insight and feedback. Compensation is great for the work if you can be efficient with your time and how you leverage the app.

Pros

Scalability

Cons

Source clients in the beginning

A great company to work for!!

Kickoff has been great to me! It’s an awesome platform to help people through an automated database. It takes a little bit of time to figure things out like any job, but I truly am enjoying working with Kickoff. I have gotten a ton of leads which I am very thankful for, everyone is very supportive and I can only say positive things about the company. Super happy to be a kickoff coach and looking forward to continuing to grow my clientele in the months/years to come. I would recommend to anyone who wants to grow their business using this wonderful platform. Thank you Kickoff for having me!

Pros

Supportive team, good pay, flexibility of schedule.

Cons

None that I could think of!

Common questions about Kickoff

Answered by current and former employees at Kickoff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kickoff. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Kickoff with

Learn about Kickoff in popular locations

• Kickoff