Kid's Academy Employee Reviews

Great place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLMay 21, 2019
Kids are amazing, boss is great. Very energetic place and great to do volunteer work over there. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs volunteer hours or a job.
its making me do this
childcare provider (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, OKFebruary 18, 2019
they do not have benefits they dont pay much and can be helpful at times but not very often. You get a day per year time off and ratios are at capacity all the time.
Bad management
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dardenne Prairie, MOJuly 1, 2018
I honestly loved working here and getting to build relationships with each of the parents and their children. But the management was never the greatest. Most of the time you never knew when you were going to be off and the director isn't at the center most of the time.
Pros
building relationships with the parents and children
Cons
poor management
kids academy
caregiver (Former Employee) –  vernon,ctJuly 29, 2017
kids academy was a great place to work and great care is provided for the kids. most of the staff was really friendly. lori was a great boss and im glad she has had so much success with her daycare
Very well ran daycare
School Age Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2016
Pick the kids up from school, prepare snack, help with homework, occasional field trips. 12 to 1 ratio made it required for the teachers to be very alert with the children.
Genuine love for children and positive atmosphere
Master Teacher (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, OKMay 6, 2016
A typical day consists of loving on the children and having a positive climate with great teachers. The director keeps drama out of the center and bends over backwards to keep her teachers happy. The owners are very appreciative and typically give a Christmas bonus.

The hardest part is leaving because they are such wonderful people and you feel like it's a family because everyone gets close over time.

The most enjoyable part is the fact that it's a very caring loving environment and if a person doesn't have that passion for children, then they will be replaced. This ensures that the children are loved and well-cared for while the parents have peace of mind as they work.
Pros
loving family-like atmosphere, supportive positive management and status
Cons
small so cannot pay a high pay rate, only benefit is that you get a childcare discount as staff
Fun and ever changing work environment
Director and Owner (Former Employee) –  Chaffee, MOJuly 18, 2015
When working with young and vibrant children, everyday is a new experience. Working with the parents, children and co-workers was a blast. Kid's Academy had a definite family feel.
The hardest for of this job, was having to talk to parents about behavior or delays. It was highly encouraged to have good communication skills was everyone was on the same page and doing what was best for the children.
Pros
fun environment, great co-worker and you feel has if you are making a difference.
Cons
Changing dirty diapers :) having to discuss difficult issues with parents
Fun workplace
Floater (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work I loved interacting with the children and having conversation with the parents. I loved being around everyone I worked with their. I wouldn't say that it was hard it was easy job and it was fun and the children made it exciting and fun.
Pros
The children enjoyed the food that was there.
Cons
I would say the breaks were exactly like they were suppose to be 15 minutes.
Staff was very nice but the environment was very disorderly.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job was the constant change in my everyday routine.
The Children are great and it fun to teach the kids through play
Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, AROctober 22, 2013
My typical day would be: I come in at 6:45 am , make breakfast and kids get ready to get on bus for schools. At 830 am I start my Spanish lessons. The Assistant Director was great. She always tried to work with you. Some co-workers were great and some didn't pull their weight. The Hardest thing is when the children don't want you to leave.
Cons
breaks