Kids' Test Kitchen

Working at Kids' Test Kitchen: 5 Reviews

United States5 reviews

I enjoy working for KTK!

I have been a facilitator for KTK for about 4 years now and I love it. It helps when the locations are organized, and ready for you when you arrive at their program. The timeframe usually works out great and it is flexible depending on how long the recipe takes. Once you are able to get your class on a good schedule, you can plan the class out better. A tip of advice for those who are just starting: if you're having trouble preparing food ahead of time, work with equipment that will make prep easier for you during the class time, and also help the kids as they go. Each student is SO willing to help!!

Pros

Flexibility, time, forming a personal relationship with the kids

Cons

Parking at certain facilities can be an issue

Great part time opportunity for someone with little time to spare

I am a full time graduate student and have a second part time job, Kids test kitchen fits into my schedule perfectly. I get my grocery shopping done when I am buying food for my classes. The locations are all picked by me so I never have to travel further than I want to. Emily is extremely supportive, always on our side, and will always help you get coverage when you need it. Prep time can be cumbersome, but it is never more than 30 minutes per class. A reliable car is absolutely critical, impossible without one. Easy, pays great, and fun!

Helping to shape kids' love of food, one dish at a time!

What a fantastic part time job this turned out to be. I always loved cooking and when I saw this posting, it called out to me immediately!At Kids Test Kitchen we help kids learn life skills like cooking, but we're also introducing them to new and healthy foods and we explain why they're good for their bodies. So rewarding and fun all at the same time. I've been with this company for 5 years and it's one of the best things I've ever done.

Flexible part time opportunity

As a Facilitator, I like the fact that I can choose how many days a week I want to work. I can also choose how far from home I want to travel to facilitate the classes.

Pros

I love the fact that I can make my classes my own, by using my humor and culinary skills to engage with the kids.

Cons

It would be great if the classes were a little longer than an hour, in order to possibly prepare additional recipes or simply to engage with the kids more.

Rewarding - make it what you want - position

Being a Facilitator at Kids' Test Kitchen is a VERY part-time, gig. I get to choose what days and dates I can work, and where I'm willing to drive to. I get to work with the same kids for several classes in a row and watch them explore new recipes and learn new skills. Lots of kids return for the next series of classes and having familiar faces only increases my enjoyment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids' Test Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits