Kids Quest, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive FUN placd to work with womderful management.
Arcade Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMay 19, 2019
Managment alone made me want to stay at the job. The manager was outgoing and recognized our work ethics. He offered raises and treated us with respect. He was wonderful at training. The arcade was fun to work at and laid back. If you needed to sit you could sit and work. It was easy on my mind and body to work there.
Pros
Good breaks, amazing management, fun place to be at. Good hours.
Cons
Starting pay
Bad place to work!
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIApril 30, 2019
Worked for the company for almost 2 years. Do much favoritism and unneeded drama director and assistant didnt want to do anything to stop it. Put 2 weeks in and they took me off schedule!
Pros
50% off child care and food.
Cons
No breaks. Lots of Drama. When sick need to cover shift or get written up if you dont go in.
Official response from Kids Quest, Inc.
May 6, 2019

Thank you for your review. It is always important to get feedback from current and former employees. If possible, we would like to you to contact our Director of Human Resources to discuss your experience in greater detail at 800-941-1007. We look forward to speaking with you at that time.

This somehow overall
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2019
When I start there I was supposed to be part-time but there are times when I was bored full-time then part-time I was the person that who filled in for the person that didn't show up for work therefore I work overtime quite a bit and it was supposed to be a temporary job but I ended up staying longer than that until I became unable to work
Pros
I got discounts for childcare and food
Cons
I got a regular break between 15 to 30 minutes
If you love kids
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Buffalo, MIMarch 29, 2019
It was awesome working with the children. Some parents were a nightmare but what do you expect! Management has changed since being there.If I could afford to go back I would
Do not work here
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - Treasure IslandMarch 18, 2019
Is a fun job at first getting to interact with kids. However, the late hours become extremely old, extremely fast. Scheduling is always an issue, and you'll always get stuck working nights and weekends. A morning/day shift is only for managers and their favorites. Calling in is a sin because no one wants to cover shifts and most of the time there isn't enough staff anyways. Lots of young people work here so workplace drama is very prevalent.
Home is Where the Heart Is
A typical day at work for me is checking and making sure my center is presentable, making sure my employees are pleasant and friendly, and making sure the overall atmosphere is clean and welcoming. Being that I’m going on my 7th year with the company, working my way from teammate to center manager, I’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned a lot about myself, the real world, and professionalism. The culture of the workplace is what you make it. I’ve had plenty of ups and downs, but more ups that have then made my caterer and longevity worthwhile. It’s a game of five and take. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the high turnover rate at my particular center. Has nothing to do with me, and all the more to do with the location of the center. Out in the middle of nowhere, making the drive to get there a bit long for most people. As a manager, I do what I can to make them happy and feel welcome and making it worth their while, but sometimes that just isn’t enough depending on their financial situation. The best part of my job is seeing the relationships each employee has with one another as they become a close knit family, just as I did during my teammate years. The management is decent. Sure there things I’d like to change, but I wouldn’t be going on 7 years if it was terrible. I love my job, despite some of the things I don’t always agree with, but this is home to me. From my old team at my original location, to my team I’ve created at my new location, up to my corporate office, ive developed a whole network of family and I am truly hreatful for it all.
Working for KQ
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - Texas StationMarch 18, 2019
Expect a lot of defeat and very rough nights. Though your team might be great to work with and helpful with stress and the kids can be worth it sometimes, but parent problems will get the best of you and it’s very hard to take how evil they can be. And I do mean evil. But playing with the kids can be fun and diatracting. There are a lot of hidden responsibilities you didn’t even think you would have to handle but, I guess it comes with the job.
Kids Quest
We don't get paid that much you start off at minimum wage then after a year you get a few cent raise. Also if you are a teammate you can only work part time. They Charge the parents between $9.75-$10.25 (price depends on which state and which location) an hour per child( The price doesn't include snacks/drinks) but they pay us less than the $9.75(if you're a teammate). I honestly think if you're charging parents that price to bring their child in we should get paid at least $10 because we are certified teachers and we have to take online classes each year(we pay for these classes out of pocket) just to keep the job. We keep the kids safe,we make sure they're having fun, we feed them if they can have anything, we change them if they need to be changed. We do so much but get paid so little because we love working with kids.
Amazing job!
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - SunsetMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at work for me is usually slow since I work a shift where majority of the children are still in school! We might get one or two kids and that time is perfect for one-on-one. Otherwise, I like to clean and ensure everything looks nice. But some days can be unpredictable! You never know exactly how business is going to be that day and you must be ready for it!

The management at my center is amazing and so supportive! The workplace culture at Kids Quest is wholesome. Everyone does a great job and if anyone needs help, we're there to support them. Being empathetic, caring, and understanding is very important. I really like working with an all-female team too!

I would say the only hardest part of the job is when we get super busy and we're understaffed. It can get stressful sometimes.

I truly look forward coming into work at Kids Quest! I don't get that "dreaded" feeling of not wanting to come in before my shift unlike my previous jobs. You must definitely enjoy interacting with kids and babies. It's not a job where you just supervise them from a distance! Eventually, you form relationships with these kids and their parents. You see these kids come up to the check-in counter and you already know their names before you even pull up their account. Sometimes you become a child's favorite and they get super excited to see you! It's so rewarding. That's easily the best part of the job.
Kidsquest is a great place to work.
Working at Kidaquest is great we are a family in a way. I have learned so much working there and so much about myself. Nicole is amazing always easy to talk to and always wants the best for you. She try’s to understand any and everything so she can help you to the best of her abilities. The hardest part of the job is on busy days the clean up process, it’s the last thing you really wanna do but it too is apart of the job and it gets done. Best part is the kids and the wonderful women I get and have worked with they make work amazing and I’m so happy to be apart of the team.
Best job ever
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - Santa FeMarch 18, 2019
Kids Quest/Cyber Quest is a great company to work for. Even as large as this company is you always have that sense of family with everyone you work with fom the corporate staff down to all the teammates. There are always opportunities for advancement. It is a fun work environment and I look forward to coming to work everyday.
Ups and Downs
Working at KQ is filled with a lot of ups and downs. There are days where all you do is have fun and enjoy your time playing games or coloring. The hardest part would have to be understanding that kids are still kids. They are still learning and it’s our job to help teach them.
Working at Cyber Quest
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - ParagonMarch 18, 2019
It’s a fun place to go to! The manager is just so rude and it’s reflective on the company. The customers constantly ask us where can they report him. He’s rude to us and the guest as well. They ask for the corporate offices’s number but we aren’t objected to that.
Working at CyberQuest
It’s fun working here, but sometimes my manager can be a stickler on small things and sometimes is very uncomfortable on talking to him on certain things. He is also quick to write someone up on things that doesn’t make since.
Day at Work
A typically day at works begins with cleaning and staging. If the crew before did their job then it makes my job easier. The hardest part of the job is picking up the slack from everybody and the best part is making sure the kids had an amazing time
Teammate
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - Ho-ChunkMarch 18, 2019
This is a decent environment to work in however there are points where someone can feel unwanted or like they are overwhelmed. There are alot of things that need to be changed to better the workplace.
Anonymous
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - CoushattaMarch 18, 2019
You gain a lot experience in working at Kids Quest. You get to meet a lot different people with different views on how to do things. But also you gain a family of sorts. You get to act like a kid with the kids. And thats the best thing in life.
Team member
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - Boulder StationMarch 18, 2019
We have a great opportunity to enrich a child’s mind while playing in the Quest, involving them in arts and crafts or just listening to them about their day.

I have learned to create an atmosphere of comfort, understanding and friendships. Ask simple open ended questions to get the child to open up in conversation. I love teaching them how to make an origami fortune teller.

We have a great crew on sight. We are out of sight :)

The Best part of this job is when a young one looks for you by name.
What could be better?
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest - Soaring EagleMarch 18, 2019
You get paid to play with children all day. What could be better than playing and acting like a kid for a job. Coworkers are also great to work with because most share the same passion as you, children. The hardest part of the job is getting the children that are not used to being away from their parents. It is hard seeing little ones upset and all you want to do is make them happy. The best part is the children. They all want to play and use their imagination and they give you a good laugh.
Soaring Eagle Kids Quest
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest - Soaring EagleMarch 18, 2019
If you love working with children (6 weeks- 12 years old) this is the best job! KQ offers flexible schedules and hours can vary. You must LOVE to have fun with coworkers and the children. My favorite place to work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids Quest, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.