Kids Quest, Inc. Culture reviews

Interactive with kids
TEAMMA (Current Employee) –  CQ CoushattaJune 10, 2019
The company I work for is a fun way to interact with kids and other people. Being able to have fun with kids and other teams and that is your job is awesome.
Family Fun
TEAMMA (Current Employee) –  KQ HoChunkJune 10, 2019
Great place to work with amazing people. The management is very flexible and they will work with you if you have a busy schedule yourself. Thankful for the position at KidsQuest.
Amazing
TEAMMA (Current Employee) –  KQ MoheganJune 3, 2019
Management is great so long as your honest and respond to their calls and texts. They are very understanding and teammates are great. Its like a family.
Home is Where the Heart Is
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - Treasure IslandMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at work for me is checking and making sure my center is presentable, making sure my employees are pleasant and friendly, and making sure the overall atmosphere is clean and welcoming. Being that I’m going on my 7th year with the company, working my way from teammate to center manager, I’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned a lot about myself, the real world, and professionalism. The culture of the workplace is what you make it. I’ve had plenty of ups and downs, but more ups that have then made my caterer and longevity worthwhile. It’s a game of five and take. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the high turnover rate at my particular center. Has nothing to do with me, and all the more to do with the location of the center. Out in the middle of nowhere, making the drive to get there a bit long for most people. As a manager, I do what I can to make them happy and feel welcome and making it worth their while, but sometimes that just isn’t enough depending on their financial situation. The best part of my job is seeing the relationships each employee has with one another as they become a close knit family, just as I did during my teammate years. The management is decent. Sure there things I’d like to change, but I wouldn’t be going on 7 years if it was terrible. I love my job, despite some of the things I don’t always agree with, but this is home to me. From my old team at my original location, to my team I’ve created at my new location, up to my corporate office, ive developed a whole network of family and I am truly hreatful for it all.
Amazing job!
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest/ Cyber Quest - SunsetMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at work for me is usually slow since I work a shift where majority of the children are still in school! We might get one or two kids and that time is perfect for one-on-one. Otherwise, I like to clean and ensure everything looks nice. But some days can be unpredictable! You never know exactly how business is going to be that day and you must be ready for it!

The management at my center is amazing and so supportive! The workplace culture at Kids Quest is wholesome. Everyone does a great job and if anyone needs help, we're there to support them. Being empathetic, caring, and understanding is very important. I really like working with an all-female team too!

I would say the only hardest part of the job is when we get super busy and we're understaffed. It can get stressful sometimes.

I truly look forward coming into work at Kids Quest! I don't get that "dreaded" feeling of not wanting to come in before my shift unlike my previous jobs. You must definitely enjoy interacting with kids and babies. It's not a job where you just supervise them from a distance! Eventually, you form relationships with these kids and their parents. You see these kids come up to the check-in counter and you already know their names before you even pull up their account. Sometimes you become a child's favorite and they get super excited to see you! It's so rewarding. That's easily the best part of the job.
Kidsquest is a great place to work.
Working at Kidaquest is great we are a family in a way. I have learned so much working there and so much about myself. Nicole is amazing always easy to talk to and always wants the best for you. She try’s to understand any and everything so she can help you to the best of her abilities. The hardest part of the job is on busy days the clean up process, it’s the last thing you really wanna do but it too is apart of the job and it gets done. Best part is the kids and the wonderful women I get and have worked with they make work amazing and I’m so happy to be apart of the team.
Kids Quest
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest - Mohegan SunMarch 18, 2019
My typical day is spent playing with the kids and managing staff. I've learned how to be more accommodating to staff needs. The culture of the staff is great. We have a great team and everyone pitches in to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job is late nights. I have a family and sometimes I enjoy being with my family for dinners and bath/bed time. The best part of my job is seeing the kids. There are great families who you get to know them really well and they make my day!
Let’s play
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest - Mohegan SunMarch 18, 2019
I love my job here at kidsquest. I love making the kids smile, sometimes were the only getaway for them. Love to play and have a good time this job is perfect. My management team is super supportive and helpful my job with be 10x harder without them. Hardest part of the job would be to deal with upset parents. Best part of the job seeing the kids have fun.
Fun work place
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest - Kansas CityMarch 18, 2019
I love my job. It's a fun work place to be. Everyone is nice. Communication is our key point. We keep it a clean and safe for everyone. I love getting paid to play.
Team
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Kids Quest - Green Valley RanchMarch 18, 2019
If you enjoy a team atmosphere and are flexible in your work schedule this is the place for you. A great place for a second job or working while going to school.
Assistant director
If you’re passionate about working with children then this is the place to be. It’s amazing to have a job where you can work and play all in one place.
Play Professional
A typical day at work for me is playing with the kids, making sure everything is set up for the upcoming events going on. While working here I have learned how to be a team player as well as stand my ground a lot more while talking to others. The best part about this job is playing with the children, especially during the games. They really love an active teacher. The hardest part about this job is making sure the center is cleaned and sanitized for me kids to mess it up.
Communication needed.
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Cyber Quest - Sands OutletsMarch 18, 2019
The most important thing to working at a place like this is communication. If you can communicate good with others then you can operate well with your team and with your customers.
Cyber quest
KQCQ Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Cyber Quest - Mohegan SunMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at cyber quest is a usually steady unless it’s a holiday or big weekend for concerts. If it’s a holiday or concert is usually pretty busy. From this job I have learned how to handle difficult situations and how to handle it calmly. The best part of the job is seeing all the kids.
Stressful workplace
Teammate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
typical day at work: slow during winter-memorial day
what I learned? Not to work there
Management: Could be better
Workplace culture: Stressful, tense, unfair
hardest part: Scheduling, management
enjoyable: Babies, interacting with the kids, close friendships with a couple coworkers
Pros
Can't work over 8 hours a day
Cons
Scheduling
November 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to see 1 star because employee satisfaction is very important to us. At Kids Quest we feel the best remedy for workplace challenges is creating an open line of communication. If you feel uncomfortable addressing your concerns, we have resources in place at the corporate office, so you may discuss your work experience in confidence. Please reach out to us at 1-800-941-1007

Fun and upbeat environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2018
This was my first job, and I really liked it. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a future in childcare. It is tiring to have to take care of children your whole entire shift, but like I said it's a good experience and you do have to go through ALOT of training, but you are dealing with 6 weeks-12 y/o. If you love to interact with children this is a good job to work.
Pros
Some free training, received tips, and competitive challenges for prizes
Cons
late hours, short breaks
Not your average job, but more FUN
Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2017
This place never ceases to amaze me and I always learn something new everyday, whether it's about the kids here, the job, or something random. I think the best part is the kids that come here as our regulars really bond with us well. Another great thing about our culture here is that our team is amazing! The hardest part for anyone coming on would probably be that this job requires flexibility and the hours aren't typical, but it really works well for some (like students or part timers who want a side job at night or on weekends). We also get to do all kinds of messy activities and engagement is #1 here, so we try to do all we can for the kids! :) What's also great is that if you're a hard worker and you possess leadership qualities you move up here fairly quickly. There's always opportunity for growth!
Pros
NEVER boring
Cons
Not typical hours, but they're nice if you like nights and weekends! :)
June 23, 2017

Thank you for your lovely post about your work at Kids Quest! You seem to really understand that we do make a difference in the lives of the children we serve! Stay with us; with more centers opening there will indeed be opportunities for growth within the company!
Rock on!

Love working with the people
Team Mate (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work is taking care of the little ones the hardest part of the job is the drama that goes on.
The most enjoyable is working twith the babies
Pros
great people
Cons
drama with few of the members
June 23, 2017

I love working with the Tiny Tots as well--so much wonder and so cute! If you gave us 4 of 5 stars--then you must be happy, that's good news because having happy teammates
is important to us!

Fun and enjoyable work place
Lead Teammate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2016
One of the best job experience I ever had. The kids are fun to be around. My team always made me feel right at home and were always helpful and reliable.
Pros
Great place to let your inner child out
Cons
pay
June 23, 2017

It's always a pleasure to read a post from a happy teammate! The only down side to your post is that it says 'former" employee. Best wishes!

Many different things to do for the children
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
Great company to work for. The training is amazing best training ive been through since i have been working
June 23, 2017

Great! I will be certain to share your comments with our staff here at the corporate office. We are thrilled to hear that you found your training to be outstanding! We know there are many things to learn in order to be a good teammate--to have you share that you felt prepared for your position is the best news ever! Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kids Quest, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.