Kids R Kids Learning Academy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant, teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Working with children is a really fun job. Working with the after hours was also fun. We watched educational video and went on field trips. When I wasn’t working with summer camp, I was assisting the head cook in preparjnbnuyrinl Mel’s.
They give you a one hour lunch break
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAAugust 2, 2018
I liked working here at kids r kids but I think it’s better for a temporary fit. The long term opportunity for advancement is very slim and most likely goes to the veterans hat have been there for a long time.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
No advancement
Fun and busy all day
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2018
Busy
time management
supportive
Diverse
handling more than10 kids at once
loving on the kids

The academy is operated like a normal school. From infants to teens. The kids there receive an excellent education.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
low income
It is nice place to work for
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Very nice place to work for .
I have learned a lot about childcare while working that I havent learned before.I love my co workers they are all awesome they make the job worth coming to everyday.
Great community service
VPK Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work! The workdays are busy as the curriculum is followed and the children are happy learning. A clean environment where children and staff can feel safe and secure.
Fast-Paced and Must Love Kids
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXJuly 16, 2018
Kids R Kids is a bigger company, therefore they know what they are doing. Things went smoothly most days. Its very fast and you must be on your toes in order to monitor every child.
Curriculum Coordinator / STEAM teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
I loved working there! It is hard work, but the kids were great. The pay isn't aligned with the work load, however. They need to pay more. They lose a lot of great teachers because they don't give raises that make this job one that you can live off of.
Needed to work on security
Floater (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 25, 2018
I loved everything about this job, NEVER had a bad day
Security and safety could've been better though, it was much too easy for children to exit the building.
Pros
mostly everything
Cons
security and safety
Average workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJune 21, 2018
Your work day depends on the number of kids you might have that day. It can go from super chill to nail biting within an hour. Management sometimes seems to have a lack of communication between each other which causes confusion.
Fun Place To Work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 18, 2018
Great place to work. Will go back really enjoyed the staff and the kids, also the parents. The could work on a couple of things but it wasn't a bad place of employment.
Children are important
Child care provider (Former Employee) –  Cinco Ranch, TXJune 16, 2018
Working here was an experience. I watched myself grow into a wonderful lead teacher but I also saw things that shouldnt have taken place in the work place, I removed myself from the company on good terms but I would never refer them to anyone
Poor management
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
The new owner of Kids R Kids Lakeshore ran the daycare like a fast food restaurant. This location has a high turnover rate due to poor management. However, the pay was decent.
Assistant Director/Curriculum Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 24, 2018
This is a great place to work on most days. Management can be a bit challenging but overall the staff is very family oriented. We all work together as a team for the most part.
Kids r kids
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 21, 2018
Working here was very enjoyable at first, but soon, my view of that changed as management does not really work with you. They often pull who they want and leave others alone when it comes to covering other classes for breaks, assistance, etc. even if you are a lead teacher. They don't care. I became a floater though I was not supposed to be and it was without my prior notice. I could say quite a bit, but I won't. I wouldn't recommend them as an employer, however. If you do work here, I'd advise it be temporary until a better position is acquired.
Pros
Pay, location, mixed cultures of children (diversity), good name
Cons
Management, you're a number here
N/a
Closer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 29, 2018
Great school and I would tell anyone to let their child go here. Great teaching and great environment for all ages. The school age program is great as well
N/a
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 28, 2018
The kids are AMAZING but the staff is very immature. Management pick and choose who they like and for the people that they don't like they will treat you badly and their time off requests will not be granted.
Pros
kids
Cons
Staff/Management
Always fun always busy
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2018
Love working with the kids. Can be short staffed or short supplied at times. Job culture is nice. Coworkers are very friendly and parents are very involved.
it was fun, but not a career type job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 24, 2018
you create a lot of fun memories and incredible bonds with the kids and staff and the management is very flexible with scheduling, great for people going to college, but being realistic you cannot survive with the income you receive
Overall a good working environment
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2018
They always worked with my school schedule, I never had to worry about leaving because they were cooperative with my schedule. The children are one of the main reasons anyone ever stays working for a daycare/preschool. In my personal experience, I felt like the work I did was worth way more than $8.50/hour.
Sugar Land location is horrible
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  8202 Homeward Way, Sugar Land, TX 77479March 12, 2018
The office staff is unorganized and management lacks integrity. The moral and attitude of employees is very below par. There is no welcoming atmosphere.
Cons
No recognition, horrible attitudes