Kiewit Employee Reviews

Found 751 reviews matching the search See all 1,212 reviews
Great Company
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Great Company. You WILL work long hours sometimes 7 days a week, but you learn an amazing amount and get to participate in very interesting projects..
Good Company poor management
Heavy Equipment Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 14, 2019
The company is a good company to work for but they have picks and chooses on a personal level and not on a professional level. The supervisors are put in positions not because they are suited for the job but because they know people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Operating Engineer 657 scraper
Operating engineer/ scraper hand (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2019
Of all the imposters out there these guys are the real deal, they practise what they preach and treat the help with respect and dignity, cooperate and graduate with these guys because everybody in the business wants to be this outfit! Best Safety Culture in the industry, these guys are the top of the food chain, congrats if you work with these men. Your at the top of your profession. I miss this company more than words can express. Keiwit Best of the BEST!
Pros
Best Pros in the Industry
Cons
None to speak of!
Stressful place to work at with little to no recognition
Field/Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Management is poor and won't even care about you as long as you are giving them what they want. Moving up the latter is almost impossible since people keep leaving the company. The more experience guys have been in the same position for 5+ years.
High pace environment, great place to learn new skills
Assistant Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Everyday on the field is fast pace, attention to detail is crucial and knowledge of working with different systems is a must. In the Business department, there's a line of employees waiting for assistance first thing in the morning, patience, multitasking and the will to want to work with a high number of people is key to getting through a work day.
Pros
Working with craft
Cons
Family and work balance
One of my best work experiences!
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2019
I learned a lot from my co-workers, they made sure I knew what I was doing. I learned a lot about concrete finishing and different aspects of the job. It was very fast paced and challenging but there were very motivated and ambitious workers on our crew which made the job feel fulfilling. Kiewit had a very thorough safety program, I felt I was in good hands working there. One of the best experiences I've had working in a construction company.
Good career opportunity
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 1, 2019
The company offers room for growth. Excellent safety standards. Good work environment. Overtime was always available. Very productive work environment.
Everyone new everything
Pipe Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 23, 2018
Safety on the job sites were a joke, didn't address safety until there was an incident or near miss. It was very cut throat environment for employees, clicks got moved up and on. Typical paid salary for 40 hours a week and worked 60-75.
Pros
lots of lunches
Cons
Safety was addressed afterwards, too many people in key positions with less than 5 years experience, communication was the worst I've seen for any company
Kiewit
Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 20, 2018
Kiewit Corporation is a great place to work. Many different types of job opportunities and great for all levels of education and experiences. Workplace culture is professional.
Overall Good Workplace
Safety & Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 17, 2018
Great company to work for, but be prepared to work A LOT. Working a lot has its pros if you are hourly, but as a salary employee it can be hard to want to do. The company provides you with everything you need and will assist in a lot of your development as well.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and people
Cons
Long work days with little breaks
Zero work-life balance
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2018
Extremely long hours and zero work-life balance, terrible management and no care for employee learning. They'd send you to trainings a year after you've been doing the work that you're being trained for. It's backwards. And no one cares if you don't understand something and need training, they think you're weak.
Amazing career - long hours & not family-friendly
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MDNovember 27, 2018
Kiewit is a great place to work because you learn to be the best in the business, compensation and benefits are great, the jobs are among the largest engineering and construction efforts in the country, you get to travel a lot, work with like-minded people, you're given great responsibility, you get to do really cool stuff. The downfalls are the type-A personalities make it a cold work environment, you'll never feel as though the company cares about you, long hours and at least some weekends are always required, the company moves forward like the huge machine that it is, you can't go very far in the company unless you're single or you have a spouse that can easily uproot and find a job in a different state at a moment's notice. The saying is "we go where the work is."
Pros
Best in the business, you get to do really cool stuff every day, great compensation and benefits, excellent training
Cons
Life-long relocation is required, long hours, weekends and nights, not a friendly environment, not family-friendly
Not a good review
Painter sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXNovember 27, 2018
Working at Kiewit was very stressful if u have a family.
The reason is u have to work every weekend may get one Sunday off in a month. Pretty much going to work 10 or more hours a day seven days a week. The benefits are pretty good unless you got something major wrong with you if that's the case the medical insurance will stress you out. As far as management there are to many leadman earning money for not doing there job losing money that could be offered to employees for rasises. To many people getting positions for knowing someone instead of earning the position. People that have been there for years have to much power as far as General foreman and leadman they are dealing with alot of theft because of bad management .But that only depends on what craft or what crew for the fact that at one time I had great management but as far as Kiewit the company I think its a great company to work for.
Pros
Great learning experince
Cons
Alot of bad management
Contract
CONTRACTOR - ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 26, 2018
I didn't have a lot of work to do. Spent a lot of time waiting for project to award. The employees were nice and I enjoyed my work but I needed more work.
More Take than Give
Manager (Current Employee) –  OmahaNovember 25, 2018
You are a number and if you don;t "play the game", you won't succeed. Typical for many large companies, yet deviates from their people focused organization. As with many large companies, they will select to token YES men/women to promote. Long hours, rarely compensated and "bonuses" should be called tips. The bonuses, six figure and up, are given to the executives. The majority of those doing the work will receive several thousand before taxes, usually 30-40%.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Minimal return on your work/life balance, living around the country in a moments notice
Challenging yet Rewarding
Cast in Place Superintendent and Survey Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2018
The hours are long and the challenges seem to be never ending when assigned to a project. The reward of seeing your hardwork pay off keeps people going. The pay is good but you work for every penny. My first few years, I felt like a number but with more responsibility, managers started to notice and care about my career development and preferences. Great company if you would like to center your life around work.
Sorry company with sorry leadership
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 21, 2018
Used me for 3 months while the Creative Director was on maternity leave. Once she came back I was abruptly swept out the back door with a box full of belongings. Take this as a disgruntled employee mad because he was fired, but that is far from the truth. The marketing department at the Woodlands, Texas location is a country club run department.
Pros
New facility, nice work/home balance
Cons
Leadership and management
Team gatherings
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2018
They had great team gatherings and made sure to included all members of the different departments. They had a great safety program and put employees first.
Pros
team events
Cons
no paid sick or vacation time
Interesting work
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXNovember 7, 2018
Sucks! No one communicates with anyone and no one takes responsibility for anything, always blaming someone else. Cut-throat, joke. Terribly unorganized!
Productive and Great Environment to learn a lot
Sr. SAP Developer and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 30, 2018
I loved the work environment and the people that I worked with. I went in as an SAP ABAP consultant but came out with Business Analyst experience as well.
Great team experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss