Kiewit

Kiewit Employee Reviews

United States1,200 reviews

Found 1,200 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,833 reviews
constructionprojectsafetyengineercraftbalancesuperintendenttravel

Great job and interesting work

I really enjoy working for Kiewit and it is my first experience working in a construction environment. The project is interesting and the people have met are great. The ending of the project means moving or finding another job.

Overall I liked working for Kiewit/TIC

Should’ve never switched from electrical to millwright everyone on my crew loved me couldn’t have had a better crew but general superintendent for millwright wanted me to switch so I did thinking it was a good opportunity and it was till someone new on their crew wanted his buddy’s to be in our maintenance position

Kiewit insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Good company

Great company, cared about safety and employees, gave you yearly jackets. Took care of you benefits on buying vehicles and some of your bills. Over nice.

What is the best part of working at the company?Getting paid weekly What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The work load What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Strictly production What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fighting over tools and material, leadman not knowing where the work it

What is the best part of working at the company?Opportunity to grow, friendships among teamsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Making the project your own, and short deadline datesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly, and respectful. I haven't been there in a while What is a typical day like for you at the company?Sign on, check email for possible team meetings for the day, receive directions from engineer, get to work.

Typical place to work

Not to terrible of a place to work. Very slow pace of work. Management is not very informative. There is very little room for advancement. Pay is usually pretty well.

Excellent Culture

Great sense of accomplishment and meaningful camaraderie. Well respected presence of brotherhood. No man left behind mentality. Gives you tools to be safe and knowledge to succeed.

Pros

Benefits and social gatherings

Cons

Always away from home

Ok Place to work lots of opportunities

Lot of unique projects and many opportunities but overwork the employees to all hours and do not care about life outside of work. However it’s a great place to gain invaluable knowledge and experience

Easy job for the pay

Not a bad job for the money. Management is great and truly does care about the well-being of the employees. The biggest downside is the cliques that form amongst the workers. If you can watch your back and rise above the drama, you'll be fine here.

Pros

Easy, mindless work for good pay.

Cons

The employee drama.

Ambiente de trabajo un poco Hostil

Una experiencia más ., aunque siempre se aprende deblas oportunidades, aunque pudieran mejorar el trato a los trabajadores y mes que eso , sentido común

What is the best part of working at the company?Employees are hard working, and skilled at their craftWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Typically some supervision is very difficult to work with.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Alot of stress,and always wondering what's going on because there's no communication

Horrible experience

Horrible experience In my short time with this company, at no time within six months did anyone offer any coaching or mentoring. Trying to attain assistance was horribly difficult. I would not refer anybody to work for this company

Pros

Cons

Too many to write down

Great place to start and learn

Great to learn and get the foot in the door.Time frame to move up it 5 years or more.Pay is not where it should be by anymeans.Alot of buddy system going on.

Pros

Training

Cons

Pay

Great company

Awesome company. good benefits. Great place to advance. Technology group is very involved with the bettering and advancement of emplyees. Yearly raises.

Great place to work, but you must travel to stay on the money

They will keep you making money, they are on the road most of the time, so my best advice is to buy a RV your gonna need it, over all it is what you make it

Pros

Perdeim

Cons

Not much home time but they do try to be fair about it, it's not a day or two off, it's like a week

What is the best part of working at the company?Nothing they lieWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Leaders write up for bs reasonWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?It's okay not to bad What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work leadmen get mad at the work u do for how they show u to do it

Supportive Team and Professional Development...

Happen to be two of my favorite things I receive here, but there's more. I just feel respected here and, almost like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle, I fit.

Pros

Professional development dollars, hybrid schedule, benefits

Fast paced worked environment

Fast paced worked environment with a decent amount of guidance if you make the right connections early in the career.

intern work

I was a intern and loved my time there. Most people treat you as equal and will help you learn. You get real world experience at this internship. Not just pushing papers.

Unorganized

The company is unorganized. Everybody is very intelligent, but poor communication and poor management don't create a condusive work environment. Efforts are always duplicated and everything is a workaround. Lots of time wasted in meetings. Definately not an efficient workplace.

Fast pace, can be fun but it depends on your boss

Some jobs work you to death an some won't let you get any hours. I would work for them again.. they are a really big company so work can be almost anywhere. They do some really cool jobs in all kinds of construction..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiewit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kiewit.
Powered byComparably

Compare Kiewit with

Kiewit reviews by popular job title

• Kiewit
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?