KIK Custom Products Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Interesting place to work
Machine Operators (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 20, 2018
Work there for 27 years performed many different jobs worked with many different vendors and companies filling production orders help customers figure out problems
Pros
Work was interesting
overworked,underpaid
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 16, 2018
While there are plenty of managers that get to have benefits full time employees are treated as expendable while there are a lack of benefits theirs a lack of time off in both vacation days and paid time off. The hardest part of the job was the hours while the most enjoyable part was leaving.
Great Place to work
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 10, 2018
There is not many opportunities in the Cortland, NY area to work for a great company! KIK offers that.

I learned a GREAT deal from my experiences at KIK that I hope to take on to my next job!
Kik
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MemphisJuly 4, 2018
Job isn’t open any more but when it was, there was opportunity to grow and a healthy safe work environment. Sad to see them go, I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Set time
Cons
Not enough permanent spots
it was a job
gashouse tech/ maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 3, 2018
it wasn't a bad place to work, a lot of overtime!! sometime the machines where a pain due to their age! really enjoyed the challenge of fixing and repairing the equipment !
Pros
was close to home
Cons
hot
Not a bad job
Compound/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 30, 2018
This Job was not really that bad, just was not my kind of job. I look for more in a job then what was provided at KIK. However it was not the hardest work one could do for twelve dollars an hour.
Great productive workplace
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2018
when we made production we was rewarded and it feels good to make it when we did. When we met our goals they had dinners and gift cards was rewarded as well.
Productive workplace with good people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 22, 2018
The typical work day was easy going. There where many things that I learned such as: safety, quality over quantity, and how to keep a fast but steady paste, and a clean work area. The workplace culture was very diverse. There really wasn't any hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable was being around the people.
Pros
Awards, Shift ending times
Cons
N/a
Can be fast pace and stressful depending on the time of year.
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, FLJune 22, 2018
Coordinating, tracking and tracing, arranging on time shipments, maintaining good working relationship with customers, carriers, and plants. Can be stressful during produce season as capacity is low during this time.
Hot and slow lines always went down
Box maker stacker packer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 18, 2018
It was a decent place to work at until being pregnant and working there became a issue.The dress code was a temp shirt and jeans rather your pregnant or not no sweats no joggers no basketball shorts just jeans and it was hot in there.Majority of the time had nothing to do so we swept for hours.Overall if the dress code was different and they had more things for people to do i would have stayed there.
Pros
See people you knew
Cons
Hours nothing to do dress code

Want to know more about KIK Custom Products?

Ask a question
Fast pace, but fun workplace.
Chemical Batcher/Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
A typical day at work is always different. I have learned that with a team effort anything is possible, and their are really great people that work for KIK.
Generally dissatisfying
Pre-Weigh Technician (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 11, 2018
Company seemed to care very little for employees life outside of work. Schedule was often provided by management at the last minute so the employee had not time to plan accordingly. raises were few and far between and only by twenty four cent increments.
Pros
a place to work
Cons
an absoloute disconnect between mangement and lower level employees.
enjoyment on the job
supervisor and quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 4, 2018
A lot of the good times of working for APG/KIK was the diversity of jobs and employees. The actual work was challenging and stimulating both physically and mentally. It tested me constantly. Juggling personnel, tasks, trying to meet production goals, and documenting progress to analyse and improve processes and procedures. Interacting with other departments to provide the best quality along with maximum quantity.
Pros
stabilty
Cons
use of temps made for constant training and some lack of consistency
Not worth your time
Slave (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 26, 2018
Kik sucks it's a danger to the community and the people that work there. They should not let such a dirty and unsafe plant be around here. Lots of management changes. Old outdated and unsafe equipment.
Pros
Cons
The whole place is a con
Fun workplace with and at times hard to work with management
Folk Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 11, 2018
Kik was usually a fun place to work at until the busy season. It would get so busy that sometimes we’d pull 12 hours a day for the week and work a Saturday, which we were suppose to have off. I went from being on the floor working machines in front to a forklift position in the main warehouse. Management at times was a handful to work with when someone in the plant made a mistake on the product.
Pros
Free lunches for safety meetings. A break every 2 hours.
Always needs of improvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed my work at KIK for the most part I started in quality and if I could have stayed in that department I would have but when a rearranging of operations took place several of us had to leave or were relocated in the plant. At the same time this happened my husband was diagnosed with brain damage and my life at home became very stressful. I became supervisor and was well liked by employees and vise versa. The management above me, didn't deal with the employees and staff correctly. I was lied to several times about me going back to quality. I do not think that it is ok to lie to employees about job advancement if it isn't going to happen.
Pros
good benifits, fair pay
Cons
management
Typical Job
Warehouse Fork Lift Operator and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 24, 2018
Nothing special. Easy going. Great benefits, but the pay is not that great compared to other warehousing businesses in the area. I enjoy getting paid vacations and having a relaxed environment to work in.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Gm
Fast paced production lines
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 23, 2018
It was a fast paced production line that produced axe body spray and febreze air freshener. The work was very fast paced and stressful. There was always a little worry of safety due to aerosols.
Pros
Pay, located close to home
Cons
very fast paced
High Turnover
Production Supervisor /Assistance Ops manager (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 21, 2018
High Turnover. it's not about how well you do your job it's about if your boss wants you to promote you or not. HR doesn't listen to facts a lot of he said she said. Good old buddy system
Pros
Daily lunch
Cons
Hours no incentive
great company easy going management.
Human Resource Generalist (Laid-off) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
This company was a great company to work for, management was great. I hated to leave but do to circumstances beyond my control
I had to leave. I enjoyed working for this company and would be willing to return if ever asked to.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
lack of work high turnover.