KIK Custom Products Employee Reviews

Eh..its okay
Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 13, 2019
KIK is an interesting animal. Top to bottom there's too many chiefs and not enough Indians. A lot of corners get cut in the process of making the products made here. Safety is always a huge issue especially in compounding but the management as a whole is always reactive to a problem instead of being proactive. It's always just a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt here again. The lack of communication is always an issue too. We'll be told one thing that find out from another source that the information we were given was not completely factual or just plain wrong. No sick time and the point system for attendance isnt realistic. You'll get half a point for being a minute late so you might as well take your time in the morning and get a good shower and some breakfast in before you come because whether you're a minute late or a hour late it's still half a point. All in all...good pay if you're looking for money but other than that I wouldnt recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Money
Cons
Managment, no sick time, redundancy
Horrible
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 8, 2019
The team leaders are lazy, play favoritism and get twice as many breaks as we do and the people they favor can do whatever they want and the rest of us have to either pick up their slack or risk being targeted by the team leaders and once you're targeted they torment you until you quit or they find a reason to fire you and you can't tell the Supervisor because he's too nice and will just end up making excuses for them
Pros
Okay pay, some decent coworkers, Supervisor is a nice guy
Cons
Bad bosses that have no problem overworking employees
Very good
TANK FARM OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 29, 2019
Good enviroment, good benefits, but you have to be very responsible o n tasks. Team work,
Pros
Good ones
Cons
A lot a pressure
Overall bad experience
Compounding (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 28, 2019
I was a compounder and everyday we had management telling us to follow the batch card and follow SOPs. Then they would tell us “ unofficially “ to do what you need to do to get it done. This includes not sanitizing tanks correctly, forging documents or running product through a hairnet to get it to pass analytical testing. Then they wonder why they have stuff growing in their product. I took a stand and refused to forge documents and cut corners in the batching process. I started sending emails to the plant manager, compounding manager, and to HR. In return I was told I was lying and that I was going to be fired. They offered to pay me so many weeks of full pay as long as I signed paperwork saying I would not sue them or call the FDA. Advancement is not an option if you don’t have the right connections. When I had 2 years experience within compounding I applied for a team lead position. I was passed over because I didn’t have enough experience. A year later another team lead position opened and I applied and was passed over again by a guy who only had 11 months as a compounder. I had three years in at this point. I took the “ deal” when I had 4 and a half years in within the compounding department. Management does not care what happens there as long as they can play dumb when something goes wrong. They do not like you telling them the problems before hand.
Pros
Cons
Too much corruption
Only if you must,not a career
Lead Compounder (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 25, 2019
You will work long hours here,pay is o.k. But if you need anything,management doesn't care for employees.You better get used to little time for family. All employees get different treatment,depending upon how much you are liked. I saw hard workers let go just because they did not want to socialize.While others who break rules daily,are kept if they suck up to management. Two sets of rules and treatment, everyone not treated the same.
Pros
O.k. Pay, insurance
Cons
Very political and clique oriented, Management will not have your back, lots of corners cut and covered up
Stressful job
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 12, 2019
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Lack of communication from managers. Expect you to do a job but has trouble relaying correct info when it comes to ensuring job is done correctly.
Good team work and I met some worderful co-workers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 11, 2019
I worked the flex, means I worked 3-4 days a week working 12 hours. We worked every other weekends. Considering I use a lot of what they make, I enjoy learning about those things.
Pros
extra days off.
Cons
lack of communication
hardest part of job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 25, 2019
if they line crashed and you couldn't find your Line Operator the machine would continue to push out product causing a bigger mess or spill, that needed to be cleaned before line could start back up and run.
Productive sometimes fun and busy at same time
Mezz operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 24, 2019
Loved this job..loved the employees great supervisors..good money and easy work but fast paced...worked there a long time and would consider working there again in future.
Pros
Easy work good pay
Cons
Fast paced..lots of overtimr
Stessfull at times
Danville, IL Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 19, 2019
Not a bad place to work but the lack of communication is horrible. But not terrible, the workers and some of the Supervisors make ok to deal with the stress.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
Stress
Fun and absolutely the best work environment I’ve ever been apart of.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 8, 2019
I loved working with Kik. I worked the graveyard shift but we had tons of fun at work and maintained the machines an high volume of products. The only reason I had to leave is because of relocation.
Not a bad place to work, but not a career
Operator (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 6, 2019
Kik is a comfortable place to work, but it's dull. Great benefits, but the work is mind numbing and there is limited opportunity for advancement. But, if you are looking for a job that requires very little thought for a decent wage, and you don't mind limited advancement, or if you are looking for a job that is available immediately, it is a great place to look. Kik is a good place to work with nice people too, everyone is very open and pleasant.
Pros
Good benefits, not bad wage
Cons
Dull
I Loved It
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 3, 2019
I was an awesome please to work must of the time your cleaning but its not bad. Me and my husband would love to go back to work there if we had the chance the pay is great too.
Pros
pay
Cons
nothing
Horrible
Pre-Weigh Technician, Compounder (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Awful place to work, mean over sensitive coworkers, ignorant lazy bosses, all lacking common sense from the HR department all the way to our department managers. Write ups for being one minute late at any break or punch in, unless your a salaried supervisor of course. Constant drama, trust me go elsewhere. The worst part is the Corning-cutting on production, we make soaps, lotions, and mouthwash from scratch and procedure is often not followed and covered up to save time. Nothing like working for someone that wants you to break federal law and put customers at risk just to make more money.
Pros
Decent pay, some great coworkers
Cons
Dangerous, bad management, unequal treatment, dumb company policies
Constant changes - good intentions - not helpful
Qa (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 15, 2019
KIK could be a great company to work for.
The client base is amazing and the products speak for themselves.
It is unfortunate that there is not a steady form of management / management styles across the board for all sites.
Sites don't communicate with each other, departments don't communicate with each other.
Changes are made to suit any given situation and never communicated until you are advised that you are now doing it wrong.
It is highly unlikely the upper management even knows what their employees jobs are and what they do and in some cases the names & faces of the employees in their own departments. Most are not quick to assist if someone needs help, it's almost pointless to even ask.
It's really sad.
Pros
good benefits, good life balance depending what area you work in.
Cons
lack of communication;lack of support, poor upper management.
Aerosol manufacturing plant
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 11, 2019
KIK Custom Products is a long term business manufacturing aerosol cans for retail and commercial distribution located in Danville, Illinois for several decades
KIK is complicated to say the least
Product. Team Leader/Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 11, 2019
To say KIK is complicated is quite a understatement. Working there was always stressful. Most shifts were understaffed and quite often you were expected to do the jobs of more than one person. Not knowing whether you were going to have to work overtime until an hour before your shift ended. Working at least 3 extra half shifts of 4 hours each. The normal work week is supposed to be Monday through Friday but more often than none you end up working Saturday and some departments work some Sundays as well. The only upside is the pay is decent making a minimum of $12 an hour after you are hired in from a temp service. Overall 2/5. Would not recommend.
Cant keep a GM
Facility Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 22, 2019
New GM every couple months with new ideas and new plans that never last. Its a revolving door which makes it impossible for people to get anything done.
Productive but monotonous
Automated Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 21, 2019
Got some forklift training, learned how to operate a bottle filling line. management did not allow for employee growth or advancement. Employees worked as a team.
This was the worst company I have ever worked for
Fork Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 12, 2019
They are not professional. They are not organized, they talk to you like you dont understand what they say. I would not recommend working for this company.