Kim's Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

He’s a really good man to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dewey, OKJuly 26, 2019
I have worked for him off and on for 10 plus years. He’s a great boss and individual and will accommodate when you need time off or anything. I would recommend working there.
Wonderful place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed working for Kim's. Good customers, good coworkers, good management team. Not great on the renovations for the store. Many problems with appliances, plumbing and the like.
Very very poor Ownership
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Frankston, TXOctober 18, 2018
I worked for Kim's for a few weeks, in that time I was not compensated for my work, given no time off, and expected to train myself. When I didnt know how to slice steak, due to never being trained to and being explicitly ordered by upper management to not do that, I was fired by the actual owner of the chain. Essentially the ownership has no idea of what actually happens in the store but fires people based on unrealistic expectations. This would have been fine, had Kim's not then gone on to not pay me for my time, until nearly two months later. Easily the worst job I have ever had, and I would not recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Cheap food, decent co-workers
Cons
Exceedingly poor management and owners.
Long, stressful hours.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Quite demanding work, always on your feet. Doing more than your own work. Strange people at night come in including drug addicts. Most people were regulars. Always something to do.
Pros
Discounted meals, if you couldn't afford to buy snacks or drinks or whatever from there, you could write down what you got, and pay for it later.
Cons
Short breaks if any, more work load than staff, too much gossip, open from 5 am to midnight
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 28, 2018
This store will NEVER keep anyone good long term with the current store manager. They are the ring leader for gossip, drama, and work hostility. Managment even had insulting nick names that they called people behind back. Hateful things such as "poodle face" or "big bertha". Literally 30 mins could not pass by without managment gossiping about an employee. Managment literally takes 5+ smoke breaks in an 8 hour shift, and allows other employees that smoke to do the same. I was told since I dont smoke that I get NO break.

Managment praised me to my face about what a good job I was doing, but told other employees I wasnt going to make it long. I have never encountered a more unprofessional person in my life! The final straw for me was being told by management that they would not work around a 2nd job. It is not possible to live off $8 an hour. I quit and 2 days later I had 2 jobs that were perfectly understanding about working around each other.

I hope corporate finally realizes that managment is the problem at this drama filled circus. I was literally able to figure this out MY FIRST DAY, so no clue why corporate cant figure it out. The job it self is not hard or bad. It just has miserable management... and misery loves company.
Pros
Half price deli food
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMarch 17, 2018
I worked for kims for almost a year, they worked with my hours and schedule due to having kids and a disability. I would recommend the job just dont be passive and speak up.
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
pay and benefits
Very stressful
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, TXMarch 2, 2018
Employees nor management knew how to talk to each other to much drama in the store among co-workers and customers. Not enough employees to do certain job functions and not everyone was a team player
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
No breaks
Terrible Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, TXNovember 1, 2017
Your over worked and under paid. Breaks are short and one of the bosses are always on your butt. The customers threatened to take your job if you didn't meet their demands, need i say more?
Pros
Discount on Food and Drinks
Cons
Short Breaks, no healthcare, no vacation. Underpaid and Over Worked.
Non-stop Work
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eustace, TXAugust 17, 2017
You were required to do every job, including cashier, deli, stocking, and maintenance. You worked non-stop, breaks were short, and customers didn't totally care about you, as in you were treated like a cashier rather than a human.The management was strict but understanding, though teamwork seemed to be non-existent. You did your job and that was it. While I worked, there was a building of drama between coworkers. Your shifts were seven hours long, but you decided what time you worked as long as they could fit you in.
Pros
Decent pay, Focused on work
Cons
Short breaks, unpleasant people, no rest
Kim's was a pleasure to work for
Cashier/ Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXDecember 22, 2016
The productive at the company was exciting and it was a joy to work their.The hours were great and they really worked with me on my disability.
Would not recommend
interviewed (Former Employee) –  Redwater, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Researched this company and found the turnover rate extremely high with little room for advancement. Everything I've learned says RUN! If you are looking to be treated with the minimum amount of respect, then this is the place for you! Waste of time.
Good Management Team
Potential GM (Former Employee) –  Coalgate, OKJune 13, 2014
I was contacted quickly from the management team about a position of store manager. I have already been offered a position closer to home and turned down the offer but they seem to be wonderful people. Would have been my first choice of employment if they were closer and paid more. Only downside was when I attempted to call in my interview cancellation, nobody knew who to inform or could give me confirmation someone would find out.
Cashier, Preparation Cook, Dishwasher
Prep Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXMay 20, 2014
I would come to work and fill the ice bags for customers to buy. I would ring up the sales at the cash register for my customers and also asked if they needed fuel too.I learned to be patient and productive at a fast paced convenience store. The management were always asking me to do something for them and I was eager to help. My co workers were always very helpful when I needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was sweeping the parking lot when it was like 100 degrees outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting very ice people who appreciated everything you did for them.
fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Linden, TXAugust 16, 2013
although two or three people had to pick up the slack for the entire staff it was a great place to get a start. Willing to allow as many overtime hours as possible.
It was a friendly and upbeat environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, TXDecember 25, 2012
A typical day at work included lots of running and making sure the store was clean as well as providing the best customer service.
I learned how to work a cash register as well as providing customer service, stock shelves, clean, and some cooking.
Most of my co-workers we fun to work with. There was some that I didn't get along with too well but I didn't let it affect my work.
Hardest part was sometimes being left alone at night, causing me to feel uncomfortable and unsafe.
Most enjoyable part of working there was all the customers! I got a chance to meet so many wonderful people!
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
short breaks, some management, holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kim's Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9