Kimball International Employee Reviews

job until i find something else
Light Assembly (Current Employee) –  Salem, INMay 6, 2018
it is just a paycheck until I can find something else. There is no work / life balance. Never know your hours until it is time to go home. Don't know about working Saturdays until Friday.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
unbalanced work schedule
Line worker
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Salem, INMarch 19, 2018
Hardest part of the job was the smell of the chemical. Learned to be a team player and to run a quality product. Healthcare was not very affordable.
Safety,quality and on time shipments are main concerns
Stock Worker and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 14, 2018
Continuous standing work in a fast paced environment
Management could use improvement
Some good workers along with some slackers
Pay based on productivity
A lot of good co-workers
Never a dull moment
Quality expected
Safety guidelines enforced
Pros
Free lunches rewarded and year end celebration
Cons
rates are somewhat hard to hit
Is an excellent place to work
Loader operator (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 14, 2018
I have worked for Kimball International for almost 2 years now I had to relocate to Vincennes Indiana so I'm currently looking for employment a little more closer to home Kimball International is an excellent place to work and would recommend them to anybody
Pros
They treat you like family
Cons
It's hard work but hard work work never hurt anybody
Adequate
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 12, 2018
This company produced furniture. They were in the wood business mostly. Their facilities were safe, functional, clean, and well managed. Company policies were strong and intact.
Buena comunicación con sus trabajadores
Lijadora (Current Employee) –  11th AvenueFebruary 6, 2018
Tengo la mejor opinión sobre Kimball International, el equipo de trabajo muy unido y existe preocupación en cuanto a sus trabajadores.
Pretty good, They have Christmas party for Kids and company picnic
Finish Tech. (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INDecember 17, 2017
The pay needs to improve for the hourly and lower management, but all and all not a bad place to work. The only issue is the product is cyclical and the hours vary a lot causing layoffs.
Pros
work is not to hard
Cons
Heat, layoffs, and low pay
Honest, fair, and competitive
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2017
Kimball is a wonderful place to work. The company has an open door policy and management is approachable and easy to talk with...the culture is pro family.
Pros
All work related tools and task are paid for
Cons
Commission compensation changed
A place where attendance and experience doesn't matter.
CNC Laser Operator (Current Employee) –  Salem, INOctober 19, 2017
Employees show up late and leave early kind of place and Imo not like that I'm the first here and the last to leave even though I am not paid to. I work well with the other operators but there isn't a lot of organization and leader ship in my area.
Pros
I enjoy what i do
Cons
Pay is substandard and my hours are limited
Poor Management
I cook (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 29, 2017
I feel that they under utilized the employees that they had and rather hire off the street and progressing employees from with in. The is also alot of backstabbing.
To much buddy system team leaders made to lie
Costa operator forklift spray uv line fliater (Former Employee) –  Santa claus inAugust 28, 2017
Job advancement dont go by what but goes by who you know. Team leader starting problems between employees .Leaders not keeping up with the line and what the preventable repairs the equiment needs only
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No time cant get 30 to 40 hrs
Stressful and fast paced, but excellent benefits
Stock Worker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 18, 2017
First half of day involved standing, pulling, transferring and walking.
Last half of day was sitting and computer work.
Working at one company for 20 some odd years and learning so many different processes of the trade can only enrichen ones mind. Knowledge is good.
The recent change in management has hurt the morale of the employees.In a workplace with hundreds of employees there will be issues. Some work harder, faster, slower, detailed, not so detailed. Understanding and accepting the capabilities of a group of people to work together with as few issues as possible creates a good work environment. Management matters. A lot of expectations.
Implemented safety procedures, quality improvements, relay for life participation, volunteer and wellness programs. Rewarded employee participation with organized carry-ins, company grill outs, catered in meals, monthly drawings for gift cards, family events, park buyouts and year en celebrations.
Excellent healthcare benefits and paid time off (vacation days).
Being able to joke and laugh around with coworkers while getting the job done is always a plus.
Pros
Healthcare and vacation days
Cons
stress and heat
Loved the job mot the supervisor
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salem, INAugust 13, 2017
I really really loved this job it was fast paced and I really enjoyed building the cabinets and inspecting them plus boxing them I really loved this job but had an unreasoma be supervisor
I've always loved to sew
Upholstery Sewer (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJuly 8, 2017
Kimball was a good place to work it was a new start up when I went there so it was a lot of training taking place. I was crossed train and moved to different jobs frequently.
Pros
Benefits, Company picnics
Cons
Management and crazy hours
Work there was good as long as you got a good handoff from the other shift.
Machine Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 23, 2017
You had everything right at your fingertips, if you could use a computer you were one step ahead. You could plan your work for the week. If you needed help from one of the other Tec's you could coordinate with them to do a full calibration from end to end of the machine, and get it kicked out in half the time .Great place to work.
Pros
Holiday meals or frozen Turkeys.
Cons
You would go thru steel toe boots quickly. Constantly on the run.
very rude people
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 19, 2017
I never missed a day and did what I was told and still they treated me like I was stupid.. I was new there and was not showed the right way to do anything just yelling at me and bringing me down everyday bad choice of a place to work.
Productive and fun workplace with opportunities for personal growth
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INJune 19, 2017
Typically start the day off with morning stretches followed by moving to your assigned workstation. Management is understanding and fair concerning employee needs.
Pros
Very routine job, hardly any surprises
Benefits
Good place to start but its hard to move up
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 6, 2017
Good place to start but its hard to move up and b more successful. They need to offer better benefits. They need more paid personal days, vacation time, longer breaks and lunch.
Pros
Get off early
Cons
Go to work too early
Unpreditable hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fordsville, KYApril 9, 2017
At our plant our hours are very unpredictable. From one day to the next its a guessing game on when your getting off, therefore making it difficult to plan anything outside of work, especially if you have children. Management seems to keep it a secret 30 minutes till quitting time. You might work 5 hours one day, then work overtime & Saturdays the next. Management (team leaders) take advantage of there workers also, favortism is bad too. Best things are vacation days, benefits & there open door policy. Very family oriented compared to other companies I have worked with.
Pros
Vacation days, family oriented, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, unpredictable hours
Various types of work
Zoll Hand Solder (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 12, 2017
Various types of work from electronics to furniture. Fast pace work, typically offers over time, and is good place to learn. Management is willing to personally connect and speak with individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimball International. Our community is ready to answer.