Kimball Midwest Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good job
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 18, 2018
Loved getting to drive to various parts of the state to go to different accounts. Attention to detail is crucial. People skills are a must. Definitely a job I enjoyed.
Unpredictable hours. Work not that difficult.
Order Puller/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
The workload is based on sales. If sales are slow work is slow. If sales are busy, then work is busy. The company was founded by a sales , and meant to earn commissions for the sales rep. Since the reps are paid bi-monthly, the 15th and last day of the month are incredibly busy. Suggestions for improvement are largely ignored. Making progress for the DC incredibly slow.
Pros
Free lunches after good months. Overtime. Easily attainable performance at the lower levels.
Cons
Overtime is never optional
Has sales people compete with each other for business in the same area
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
Company takes no risk in their employees. You pay for everything you need and split the loss if a customer doesn’t pay. You do get paid for well for you sales if you keep the margins up, but it’s a constant battle.
Lies
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
Company is full of lies. I was promised a certain salary and after 3 months the pay went to 100% commission. No sale support from the company. Products are overpriced!!
Cons
everything
Awful Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2018
This is a company that cares about how they can get more work done fast at a cheap cost and does not care what they put their employees through. They have low pay and long hours. No communication or follow through by managers. A lot of managers play favorites. Its a joke. I would never recommend someone work there.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay, management, hours, lies, work politics
Stricly commision
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2018
Opened over 90 new accounts in 9 months and they let me go because I didn't get into hydromatic transmission. They never said that was a priority. The let me go and I was very surprised.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Some bad upper management
You are your own boss that grows a business with quality products.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLJanuary 29, 2018
As an on the road sales rep that covered four counties, it was indeed challenging to meet and educate business owners on the benefits of have a materials management person take care of their maintenance inventory in an effort to safe them money.
Pros
High quality products, write your own hours, meet and become friends with many business contacts, lots of educational tools and support, bonuses for large sales
Cons
Ya have to continually grow and advance or they cannot cover your workers comp, lots of wear and tear on your vehicle, the occasional obnoxious customer, tons of paperwork.
my day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJanuary 21, 2018
look forward going to work because i enjoy what i do i try my hardest everyday to do my daily tasks with includes special projects and building assortment for major customers
Pros
great people
Cons
bad benefits
Earn what your worth!
Western Kentucky Region outside Sales (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Earn what your worth. Provide tools to help a rep succeed. quality product. attentive customer service department. Family owned owners that care.
Great Company, Great sales manager.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, Id.December 21, 2017
I have never worked for a company that treats it sales people like there best customers. The sales manager was one of the best managers I ever worked for. Very supportive.
Pros
Great manager, USA made products.
Good company, good people
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LA/OCNovember 28, 2017
Always felt supported from the corp office. My manager was my weak point, but as long as he left me alone I was fine. He didn't 'feel' right to me and it caused concern in having to deal with him. Luckily I was in outside sales so rarely had to deal with him in person and preferred he stayed with the rookies and others unless I specifically needed help with something. A bit of a control freak that spent more time in my business than he should.
Pros
Great company, good benefits, good people
Cons
No paid time off or sick leave since I was 100% commission until 12 years into working there.
Sneaky company! Beware!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 17, 2017
Read every line of every page before you sign! They will have you in the middle of training and bring you a pile of paperwork to read and sign knowing full well that you won't because the trainer keeps going. Hidden within the paperwork is a two year non-compete and the right for them to keep your last check for 120 days. It also gives them the right to withhold money owed if you did not last a certain amount of time.

Some of the people are very nice to work with and if you can stay long enough to acquire the former reps accounts, you could make some money? You grow by outlasting the others but about 6 months is what most sales reps can last.
Pros
Generally good people work for them. Good products!
Cons
Bad pay plan. Cant keep their people.
Poor Upper Management
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Nevada, CANovember 8, 2017
"Manipulative Organization"

Be honest. A first step in your rehabilitation? Stop attempting to influence honest online review sites like Glass door. Use the Golden Rule, the way to get your reviews positive is to treat employees and customers like human beings, just because an employee has signed your non compete doesn't mean you own them.
Pros
Honestly nothing was positive about this company.
Cons
Define territories for the sellers so that they can be more productive.
Misrepresentation/Empty promises
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mid-AtlanticNovember 7, 2017
Outside salesman receive nothing in the way of a car allowance, gas allowance or phone allowance but they need to be able to reach you at all times. The pay is poor and the regional manager in the Mid-Atlantic is in way over his head!
Pros
I don’t work there anymore.
Cons
They’re still looking for salesman.
Bad mngmnt bad training bad pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2017
One word bad. 28 yr sales professional that did not know what to do. No pay. Just bad Jackstains They run you like dogs for no pay. Somebody should seek help on how to run a successful sales force.
Pros
I left
Cons
I stayed a day to long
Job Security with decent benefits
Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 31, 2017
I liked working for the company but did not like most of the people I worked with. Good chances for advancement but not if you worked outside the main hub. You could decently advance to the top in your warehouse but rarely any chances after that.
Pros
Free Lunches, Random Raises for Milestones in the company
Cons
Short lunches, Rare oppurtunities to advance outside main hub, Only day shifts
Very competitive
INDUSTRIAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Northerneastern OhioOctober 8, 2017
Company had an excellent product line. You are paid 100% commission after training period. Upper management stole accounts from me and never compensated my commissions, as promised.
Pros
Product line with competitive pricing
Cons
Can't trust ownership and upper management
Needs to update sales training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2017
Old school thought and approach in a new school environment. Could use some tools of alot of newer employees to grow sales and use company assets (employees) to grow this quickly
Excellent family company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I've worked for many companies, and this is the first company were the owners really care for their employees

Most of the employees that I work with truly love being part of our team. Many of them, including myself have been part of the company for 5+ years.
Pros
Encourage everyone to focus on continuous improvement
Cons
Note that I can think of
You are working alone driving your car making cold calls
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
It is a very difficult but good paying job. Its tough at first because of all the cold calls you are required to make. If sales is your thing than look no further.
Pros
Work on your own, your car is your office.
Cons
Lots of driving, come across rude customers.