Kimball Midwest Employee Reviews

Invests in their employees
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2018
Kimball Midwest has given me many opportunities to grow as an employee and in my career. The organization is strong with a green and growing culture and pride themselves in continuous improvement.
Go with the best
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Northeast tnSeptember 14, 2018
This is a GREAT place to have a career. Management is strong. Easy to talk to. They care about you. I have worked for other companies that treat salespeople very poorly. Not here.

I love this place.
Pros
Hours. Management. Easy to sell.
Cons
Health Insurance has high deductibles. Sucks for a large family. 😔
very good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2018
Kimball Midwest is a large industrial supplier that is nationwide. They provide you with many products to demonstrate new products to customers and prospects. There is great potential with this company for advancement into managing a sales team. There is a great amount of inside support to help you to exceed your sales goals and quotas.
Favoritism, Company prices way to high , No vehicle benefits, Health Ins cost a fortune , not much else to say
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 4, 2018
I’d rather dig ditches than be associated with a Co I opened 90 accts for only to be fired 9 months later.
Pretty much sums it up . Managers having their nephews employed directly under them makes Kimball’s an extremely ugly place to call home.
Not a very well Management environment, so much favortism
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 26, 2018
Can not stress enough how poor management is here and the favoritism is beyond not ok. For Example some people are related to management so they are limited to do certain things while others are being pushed very hard to meet production. Just all around bad experience of working for this Location. People fighting with other employees and not even getting fired because they been there so long should not matter. The only good thing I can say is they have hour lunches, a decent amount of Fans for the summer because it gets very hot and buys lunches for the employees once a month.
Pros
lunch hours, health benefits
Cons
favortism, poor managment
Great Company to work for.
SMIT (Current Employee) –  North Central FloridaJuly 25, 2018
I love the challenging fast paced workplace. I have all the help I need from the company and from my Manager to succeed. I love the fact that the company is family owned and the fact that we sell USA top notch products.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
The only cons I have is that the scorecard and the Building blocks are very stressfull.
DO not work here
Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2018
I would not advise working here. The product were decent, but the management promises never came true. Cold call all day and open some accounts, but very seldom got second order or any real commission.
Great group of people
Picker (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 20, 2018
Management needs to do better. There is definitely favoritism for certain people and that's not how a company should be. Everyone should do their part in helping, no one should feel like they don't need to help because their number one. Busy days keep us moving but on slow days depending if small tasks are already done, there's nothing to do.
Pros
Lunch ins, eo, flexible with time
Cons
Favoritism
Good job
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 18, 2018
Loved getting to drive to various parts of the state to go to different accounts. Attention to detail is crucial. People skills are a must. Definitely a job I enjoyed.
Unpredictable hours. Work not that difficult.
Order Puller/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
The workload is based on sales. If sales are slow work is slow. If sales are busy, then work is busy. The company was founded by a sales , and meant to earn commissions for the sales rep. Since the reps are paid bi-monthly, the 15th and last day of the month are incredibly busy. Suggestions for improvement are largely ignored. Making progress for the DC incredibly slow.
Pros
Free lunches after good months. Overtime. Easily attainable performance at the lower levels.
Cons
Overtime is never optional
Has sales people compete with each other for business in the same area
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
Company takes no risk in their employees. You pay for everything you need and split the loss if a customer doesn’t pay. You do get paid for well for you sales if you keep the margins up, but it’s a constant battle.
Lies
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 1, 2018
Company is full of lies. I was promised a certain salary and after 3 months the pay went to 100% commission. No sale support from the company. Products are overpriced!!
Cons
everything
Awful Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 15, 2018
This is a company that cares about how they can get more work done fast at a cheap cost and does not care what they put their employees through. They have low pay and long hours. No communication or follow through by managers. A lot of managers play favorites. Its a joke. I would never recommend someone work there.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay, management, hours, lies, work politics
Stricly commision
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2018
Opened over 90 new accounts in 9 months and they let me go because I didn't get into hydromatic transmission. They never said that was a priority. The let me go and I was very surprised.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Some bad upper management
You are your own boss that grows a business with quality products.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights, FLJanuary 29, 2018
As an on the road sales rep that covered four counties, it was indeed challenging to meet and educate business owners on the benefits of have a materials management person take care of their maintenance inventory in an effort to safe them money.
Pros
High quality products, write your own hours, meet and become friends with many business contacts, lots of educational tools and support, bonuses for large sales
Cons
Ya have to continually grow and advance or they cannot cover your workers comp, lots of wear and tear on your vehicle, the occasional obnoxious customer, tons of paperwork.
my day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJanuary 21, 2018
look forward going to work because i enjoy what i do i try my hardest everyday to do my daily tasks with includes special projects and building assortment for major customers
Pros
great people
Cons
bad benefits
Earn what your worth!
Western Kentucky Region outside Sales (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 8, 2018
Great company to work for. Earn what your worth. Provide tools to help a rep succeed. quality product. attentive customer service department. Family owned owners that care.
Great Company, Great sales manager.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nampa, Id.December 21, 2017
I have never worked for a company that treats it sales people like there best customers. The sales manager was one of the best managers I ever worked for. Very supportive.
Pros
Great manager, USA made products.
Good company, good people
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LA/OCNovember 28, 2017
Always felt supported from the corp office. My manager was my weak point, but as long as he left me alone I was fine. He didn't 'feel' right to me and it caused concern in having to deal with him. Luckily I was in outside sales so rarely had to deal with him in person and preferred he stayed with the rookies and others unless I specifically needed help with something. A bit of a control freak that spent more time in my business than he should.
Pros
Great company, good benefits, good people
Cons
No paid time off or sick leave since I was 100% commission until 12 years into working there.
Sneaky company! Beware!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 17, 2017
Read every line of every page before you sign! They will have you in the middle of training and bring you a pile of paperwork to read and sign knowing full well that you won't because the trainer keeps going. Hidden within the paperwork is a two year non-compete and the right for them to keep your last check for 120 days. It also gives them the right to withhold money owed if you did not last a certain amount of time.

Some of the people are very nice to work with and if you can stay long enough to acquire the former reps accounts, you could make some money? You grow by outlasting the others but about 6 months is what most sales reps can last.
Pros
Generally good people work for them. Good products!
Cons
Bad pay plan. Cant keep their people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimball Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about