Kimball Midwest
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Kimball Midwest Employee Reviews

United States133 reviews
easy and flexible job for young people looking for summer jobs
Kimball Midwest offers a flexible work schedule to work with anyones busy schedule, while offering great compensation. While the long hours of packaging can be boring at times, the people who work there are always nice and helpful. At Kimball you can do a lot, anything from packaging nuts and bolts in boxes, to organizing shipments, and dealing with labels.
Productive & Fun. Very Fast Paced
This company really is great. Great people and great management. The hardest part about my job is that every phone call is different. There was a lot of new systems to learn but my training was very extensive and my manager was always willing to help and was very diligent with making sure I understood everything.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Wired Headsets!!
A Salesperson's Company
Kimball Midwest is built with sales people in mind, KM values their sales people because, they know that sales people is what makes KM the driving force. You, will be rewarded for your hard work. KM gives you all the training tools you need to be successful...from video to hands on training and it starts on day one.
Pros
Work from home, Flexible time management, Great products, Nationwide company
Unrealistic Sales Goals
Company gives you small pay period sales goals that continue to increase by each sales period (2 weeks). By your seventh month the sales goals are unrealistic. Enter a territory where you’re told you are the only rep in that specified area only to find out there are multiple reps also in your area.

Company will all of a sudden take accounts that are active that you have opened as new and give them to someone else. Sales managers are of no help. They encourage you to open accounts by selling small items (less than $10). Hard to make a living on the small sales and commission structure.

Also, items sold are o overpriced and just private labeled. Trying to sell an identical item for 3x the cost is no way to over honest service to any customer.
Good Company to Work for
Kimball-Midwest is a great company to work for as long as you are willing to put in the work it takes to succeed. I did very well there, but having to use my own car all day every day to drive around my territory turned out to be something that I couldn't do much longer. I put 40,000 miles on my car in a matter of about 4 months. That is just too much for me. Other than that, the job was great, the managers were great, and I have not complaints or regrets.
It’s a good compNy
It’s a good company to work for. Management is always ready to help whenever. You make your own schedule and build your own business. The pay is really good when you have a good account base.
Great people
Working for this company has its ups and downs. Great attitudes and great relationships with this group of people. Couldn't find a better atmosphere and good vibes.
Pros
Lunch-ins
Cons
Horrible insurance
Typical day at work
Salesman position in new location for Kimball, Traveling territory and selling products along with aquiring new clients. Tried to build area in a very select market.
high turnover
Open territories- account competition among associates is fierce
High product prices

Days are not long

Not enough training as promised

Manager has too many direct reports to truly help
Family owned and operated
The family and culture is unique and welcoming. However, they employ some tenured managers that do not embrace or embody the path that the company is trying to take.
Pros
Recognition, every other Friday off
Cons
Low compensation, no room for career growth
Don’t work here
Management makes empty promises! If you don’t want to be there robot manager will black ball you and lie about pay, no help getting cornerstones. They are a horrible company to work for don’t believe there family oriented garbage.
Pros
Cons
Manager
A sense of accomplishment and belonging
In order to do this job and do it well, one has to have a sense of self discipline. The every day hustle of visiting customers and meeting new people, gives me the drive to continue to work hard. Working hard and producing good sales numbers, but more importantly seeing the customer's satisfaction when they receive that quality product and quality service as promised from the beginning, which I like to refer to as "the Kimball Midwest experience." The management and training team take great pride in ensuring that employees understand this experience is what makes working at Kimball Midwest better than any other sales company.
Work is not fairly distributed
Some departments were more overloaded than others. It was very stressful most of the time. There were a ton of manual process that could've been automated, but leadership was not on board with technology or didn't see the value.
Kimball Midwest
As for any career the management is the make or break for a person. My personal opinion the manager that i have appointed over me is amazing and he pushes me to succeed.
Great company for those that are driven to succeed
Kimball offers great products and innovative tools to get the job done efficiently. The company has a very inclusive feel, but the resources of a large company.
Don't walk away, run away.
As an outside sales rep the bi monthly quotes are very obtainable at first, and the money is good.
They increase every pay period to the point that they are unobtainable. All the while they are adding more and more reps in "your" territory.

I actually had the V. P. of Sales in my region tell me that they hire 10 reps, knowing that only 2 will make it.

That 8 out of 10 will fail.
Not a good invierment
Poor place to work and also was told 14.50 and they started me off way less than told they also lack make new people welcome they also don't do a check for your first pay they will hold and make you wait till direct deposit go through bad place over all
Good company
Family owned business. Good to work for and rewards are presented for hard work. Hands on experience with the goods and services provided by Kimball Midwest
Job is what you make of it.
Difficult to get into large corporations. Easy to open many smaller accounts. Must make a lot of cold calls to develop the territory. Lots of traveling local and some other areas. Need to be a good demonstrator to sell some products.
Productive and fun work place
Overall Kimball Midwest is a great company to work for , fair and good management . Management always on the floor working with crew. Office employees will also help to get work out when help is needed. That's a real big plus for me. Even the president of the company and HR work on the floor with us whenever needed. Great team work.
Pros
Free lunch each month
Cons
Insurance kind of expensive
Work Job Ever!!!
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. Do yourself a favor and run far away from this place. They set you up to fail and have no management support whatsoever. The manager will cut your throat and bad talk you. Run, run, run.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything else
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimball Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8