Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 667 reviews matching the search See all 1,202 reviews
Contractor
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 17, 2018
I worked as a contractor. Typical large company, not much else to say. I believe the mission was to assess a lot of applications that were largely for Marketing, many sites, multiple countries. It was challenging work as well as rewarding, however I was not there very long and had no intention of relocation.
n/a
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 16, 2018
THE
PLACE IS immense. Cold, cavernous. Silent, despite thousands of people quietly picking items, or standing along the conveyors quietly packing or box-taping, nothing noisy but the occasional whir of a passing forklift.
clean place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SonoraAugust 15, 2018
planing maintenance activities, make break down time analysis, help electromechanic engineer and electromechanic with some problems, does some analysis for a new projects to implement OPF
Workday with Kimberly-Clark
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 15, 2018
I began as an Administrative Assistant and I was very happy working at Kimberly-Clark.

I supported multiple departments, managers and I performed various tasks while I was there. Depending on the group I supported, my duties included scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, expenses, event planning, on-boarding for new hires, and logistics for my team members.

The hardest part of any job is when I have to look for something to do. I like to be kept busy but at a pace where I am not overwhelmed.

I enjoyed the people I worked with, they made the day-to-day experience rewarding and enjoyable.
Pros
Attractive surroundings, health center
Cons
Running out of office space.
The management was really good but most of the employees were hard to deal with
Packer (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 13, 2018
I loved work there the pay was great the management there was excellent my only complaints were that the hours seemed slow and some of the employees were hard to deal with for attitude reasons
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Ling hours
great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCAugust 12, 2018
great place to work, learned about every detail into making their product, working there is like working with family, swing shift and long hours are the hard part about this job
Relaxed but quick tempo depending on department
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Beech Island, SCAugust 10, 2018
Has great benefits and the people for the most part are okay. Depending on what department you are in the walk and designated route is cumbersome. Always serves breakfast and lunch
Pros
break areas, refrigerators, advancing in the company doesn't take long
Cons
short breaks, long walks to everywhere
great place to work until they shut plant down
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 9, 2018
i enjoyed working here and would have continued if they didn't shut the plant down displacing over a thousand workers. during poor economic times making it difficult to find jobs with equal pay benifits.
temp jod
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 6, 2018
unfair job when you working with a three party, they don't treat empolyees the same as their employees. The empolyees was different. working throught a staffing company is different between working permanently.
Pros
unfair
Cons
short break
Good place to work minus the work hours
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  North Ogden, UTAugust 3, 2018
The hours were rotating shifts. 3 12 hour shifts one week days the next week night. And then back to days. It was just hard with a new baby. But a great place to work overall if you don't mind those hours
Pros
All paid breaks. Even lunch!
Cons
Long hours, rotating shifts

Want to know more about Kimberly-Clark?

Ask a question
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Graniteville, SCAugust 2, 2018
Very great place to work, very great environment and hard working individuals. Itsajob but a great place to work. I highly recommend this job to everyone.
Research & Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA 30076August 2, 2018
Management works with your personal life activities. They put an embassies on family. They advancement from within. One of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Pros
dsfgs
Cons
sdfg
Decent Company to work for
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2018
I was there as a contractor and would go back if given a chance. Work life balance is maintained and consideration is given to the employees' personal needs.
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  variousJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for Kimberly Clark and would work there again. They provided me opportunities to expand my knowledge and were open to cross functional career changes.
good pay, bad work/life balance
Machine Operator/Utility Driver (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 24, 2018
a lot of hours and weekend work. I worked there for 8 years and think the company is a good place to make a living. Unfortunately with the good money and lots of OT comes little free time. If you NEED weekend time for other obligations this is not the place for many of the positions there.
Overall okay but expect to work overtime for free
CLINICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 23, 2018
Work/Life balance was a struggle as with many sales type jobs. As a nurse you are required to work normal hours (and some outside normal hours too). Then you were required to be on-call for the Triage Line 4-5 times a month. This meant you worked your normal 8-10 that day then took calls through the night from 9p-6am the next morning. No time back was allowed and no stipend was given for extra time worked. Between triage and my regular job we did the math and I would have made more money working fast food.

The biggest issue was working as a Nurse and being "delegated" tasks from a Territory Manager (who didn't even need a degree). It's definitely PRO sales and nursing seems like an after-thought. I loved my manager but then he was promoted and we went through a series of managers after that. It is definitely a "Good 'Ol Boys Club" mentality. If you are a male then you will do well and get promoted even with several managers having HR issues. If you aren't male then use it as a stepping stone. At least you will know ahead of time what to expect. KC spun off this department to a new company, Halyard Health in 2012.
Pros
Work from home, company car, good benefits
Cons
Low salary, working "under" a non-degree sales person, lots of management turn-over and misfires, phone triage duties without pay or time back, working 50-60 hours per week
Good Corporation
Quality Senior Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MIJuly 23, 2018
Employees grow with good training. Understandable to circumstances. Goals documented and coaching available to reach them. Good salary and benefits. Nice company.
Pros
Reputable
Cons
Great people, community involvement, networking opportunities and benefits
Customer Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 20, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed working at Kimberly-Clark. Most of the people I worked with were great! I typically worked 9 hour days, but there were certain days of the monthly cycle in my last department where it wasn't unusual to work 10-12. I learned a wealth of knowledge about Supply Chain (customer service, distribution, transportation, planning, forecasting) and Customer development. My favorite part of the roles was working with the customer teams out in the field. The hardest part of the job was changing and sometimes unclear objectives and team vision. It was nice having perks like working from home one day a week and Friday afternoons off in the summer. There are many diversity groups like Women's Interactive Network, African American Employee Network, etc that were great for learning and networking. The benefits were pretty good, although they have been declining over the years. There are plenty of roles for career advancement, if you know what you want to do and are willing to work hard to move up.

What I didn't like was that management changed frequently and many of the new managers did not do a good job. Having inconsistency from managers in a role can cause stress, confusion, and can slow down team members careers. Some team leaders did not provide good constructive feedback throughout the year, which resulted in some team members receiving less than stellar performance ratings at the end of a year, as a surprise. They also do calibration for reviews, so even if you are doing a great job, if all of your peers are doing a better job, then you get dinged
  more... and it also affects your raise. It was also frustrating that it could be very difficult to move into new departments unless you have friends in management in that area.  less
Pros
People, benefits, flexible work arrangements, summer hours, community involvement, networking
Cons
Ineffective managers, performance management rating system/callibration, moving to new departments if you don't have friends in management there
K-C Behaviors?
Manager (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 20, 2018
The company stresses how important the positive K-C behaviors are to include in your every workday. This is just talk. I have seen many unappropriated behaviors, several from senior positions.

It has been do as I say not as I do. Unfortunate.
Benefits
Cons
Clicky work force, no remote work, Negative to hostile work environment.
Work life
Conductor (Former Employee) –  Beach Island, RIJuly 18, 2018
I love my job at Kimberly Clarke through MAU . I just couldn't afford getting back and forth to work due to the point out rule they have . I did appreciate the opportunity to work for this company.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Point outs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimberly-Clark. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight