Kimble Companies
Happiness rating is 45 out of 100

Kimble Companies Employee Reviews

United States130 reviews

drivertruckroutevacationequipmentovertimefamilybenefit

No time for your personal life

All summer we worked 12-14 hrs a day and on top of that there wasn’t enough staff so they mandated every Saturday for a while. I don’t get to see my family much.

Robotic work environment

I was a CSR for this company for a short time. Although I enjoyed assisting customers and felt productive, I did not feel as though the culture of this company treated its employees fairly. Extra overtime was mandated, not formerly agreed to nor informed of, and although they required business casual attire they only would adhere to that to certain individuals. I was dressed in business casual and followed the employee handbook and was sent home for wool trouser shorts with brass buttons from the business section of H&M Fashions. They were slightly above my Knee (longer than finger tip length) with a button up blouse and leather patent oxford shoes from Nordstrom. I also had a blazer, which I had to take off because I was too warm since it was summer. I was sent home while others could wear jeans and tennis shoes. I witness other employees not being treated fairly when it came to family emergencies. The manager knew that I lived an hour away from my home and sent me to change even though the employee handbook stated nothing against trouser shorts and stated business casual. I was never given an exclusion list of what could and could not be worn. I felt it was not managed well and very petty. I also witness a general dissatisfaction from other employees. I felt as though this was not a right fit for myself personally. I felt as though I was treated as just a number or robot. Other managers were informative and helpful but the main department manager drove me away. For a high stress position such as customer service for a company who has a lot of customer dissatisfaction, -

Kimble Companies insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

True review

This company doesn't care about you! Family oriented...that's a joke. I could go on all day about this company. I'm not the only one who feels like this. Don't waste your time.

Bad Culture

Family own and run the company. Some people are great. Old offices with old office equipment. Because is family own company professional grow is limited.

Very underpaid, very unsanitary work

Employees are under payed the work is very unsanitary, employees spit all over the concrete work area with no discipline from management , highly not recommended

Was good

Had a great supervisor and lead driver! Sometimes the days would drag out. Want new top of the line equipment? You'll be highly disappointment then!! Annual raises could of been a bit better!

It's trash. Plenty of it.

My experience working for Kimble was okay in some areas and in others left a lot to be desired. I felt I got more quality hometime when I was OTR. They run you like a dog, plenty of overtime available so your pay is what you want it to be. Starting pay is nice! IT STINKS! If you have no experience working with trash or dusty environments, you're in for a treat. Some days you feel really good about it, other days you want to call it quits. Leadership was top Notch! They do work with you about your issues.... To a point, when it's regarding healthcare (seeking care) for you or family members, they count it as time off (when In my eyes, it should be excused with a note (IMO)). OVERALL, I learned a lot with my time at Kimble. Hope this review was helpful.

Pros

Good health insurance, 401k etc

Cons

Equipment belongs in the landfill, "time-off" schedule needs a revamp.

No home life.

You work to many hours, while others go home way before you do. If ýou want to live in your truck, then a good job. You get told things are going to change, but they dont.

What do you expect out of a trash company

Watch your back, don't get injured, hope you truck runs the whole shift. Pretty much every person for themselves. Revolving door on human resources company wide.

Pros

All you can eat

Cons

Seeing just how trashy people really are

It was okay

A typical day consisted of sorting different recyclable material for about a 10 hr shift on a conveyer belt. After that, sweeping the area down below you for an hour. There were two 15 minute breaks and a unpaid half hour lunch. It wasn't a difficult job. Most of my coworkers were cool, the problem was management. Hopefully, this will improve.The most enjoyable part was clocking out.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

No support from management.

Twinsburg, the great resignation.

70% of employees at this branch quit during their first year. Trucks are uncomfortable and work load is too heavy for each person. Pay rate is the lowest in the business.

Pros

No union fees, flexibility, nice coworkers

Cons

Possible long days, no A/C in some trucks

Great Company!

Always willing to work out anything you might need, and very understanding. They have always been a very family friendly company, and try to help where they can !

Poor leadership.

Non existent leadership support. Treated poorly and disrespected. Complete and total lack of communication. Poor planning and constantly changing goals.

Pros

None.

Days go by quick. Good job but lose a lot of good people due to attendance policy 4 days missed before your 90 days and your let off

Weld shop is pretty laid back. The day is what you make it. Good benefits but underpaid for the skill that is there. There is some of work/life balance. Lead guys can act like tyrants.

They are a joke

They take you to hospital when you get hurt then call you names and say it's your fault and you are lazy when they ask you to train people and you train about ten people over time and and then tell you your lazy for not doing there job for them but tell them how to do it and help if they need help

Pros

Cons

Supervisors and manager

This is the most stressful job ever. The work environment is very toxic.

Worse job ever. Very stressful. Management is horrible. Two faced managers that play favorites. Most toxic environment I’ve ever worked at. Managers play favorites.

You are always replaceable.

For a self proclaimed “family-oriented” company, they certainly do not treat their employees like such. The job: the work load of daily personal audits, emails, returned mail, online requests, on top of the large call volume, puts you behind most of the time, and when they say ask for help, and I have an open door policy, they don’t mean it. You’ll be heard, but as soon as you walk out the door, it doesn’t matter. The training was poor at best. A week and a half of training and you are on the phones in your own with mountains of contracts and scenarios to figure out, with little help and a frustrated customer on the phone, it doesn’t make sense for no supervisors to be around or to just be told “look at your book” which is hundreds of pages long. The trainer I had spent most of our training time complaining about other representatives. I lost it at her complaining about a customer who had a language barrier stating they should just learn our language. Plus side? - This person is no longer with the company. Schedule: you’ll start at the bottom tier but still day shift. Everyone rotates about 1 Saturday a month. Only downside was mandated overtime at the last minute. Or putting “tentative” in the schedule but not telling anyone we had to be in early, but then got chastised for coming in regular schedule because we should assume we should have to be here. Or every single representative should check with the managers to see if it’s mandated, instead of just sending out a quick email to the entire department. Like I said when they do notify you that way, it’s always right before -

Pros

Day shift, rotate about 1 Saturday a month, good healthcare benefits at a great price

Cons

poor management, poor training, poor attendance policy

Hours

They expect everyone to work 50 hours or more every week. There is no consideration for doctor appointments or your personal life. They expect you to give your life for the company.

Pros

Haven't found one yet.

Cons

Too many to list.

Driver

They over work us and don't appreciate hard work..if they give raises they don't even look to see who is working hard and show appreciation. If they would look at over time workedand route sizes they could see

No drama, easy work, good management

The starting pay is a bit lower then other companies in the same business but if you do your best here you’ll have a good steady paying job so it really doesn’t matter in the end. Do your best and you’ll only loose your job if it’s your own fault. Most of the management consists of truck drivers so they understand the work and your point of view. This is a place you can comfortably stay for years to come.

Pros

No union fees, flexibility, nice coworkers

Cons

Possible long days, no A/C in some trucks

Poor management

Lunch breaks are rare. Plan on working 10-14hrs a day 5 days a week. 60-70hrs a week. No home life. Will get asked to help other drivers and pick up help routes daily with no appreciation for the work you do. When you put your 2 week notice in they call you the bad guy amongst other choice words and will cancel your health insurance that day.

Cons

No lunch break, overworked, under appreciated

Common questions about Kimble Companies

Answered by current and former employees at Kimble Companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimble Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits