Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great location and staff
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 24, 2018
Fun community room with bowling and basketball. Great place to meet for family or work events. Twenty floor for luxurious rooms and bedding. Soak in bath tubs. Wonderful French food.
Kimpton
AGM Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2018
Loved working for Kimpton, upscale and trendy environment, over looked twice for promotion, didn't sit well with me, had to leave to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
no parking
Productive and fun place to work for
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
New York is a great city to work for in the catering business. Enjoy the banquet staff and learn a lot about the culture of food and beverages. I highly recommend it to anyone who want to work in New York's finest restaurants.
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
n/a
Amazing Company
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2018
Kimpton is by far way ahead of other hospitality companies. What they do for their guests and their employees is unlike anyone else. They go above and beyond and welcome creative ideas constantly. Good benefits, good work life balance, good employees overall.
Fast-paced, always on the go.
Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
The restaurant it self was a good environment. Depending on the position you are hired for will determine your worth within the company. If you are a bar-back or busser plan on staying in that position without opportunity to change positions to either sever or bartender. You may have a better chance if you're a food runner. I would recommend this place only for seasonal or transitional work but not as a career but i guess thats how the restaurant industry works.
Pros
Free lunches, you can learn a lot in a short amount of time.
Cons
No room for advancement if you're working in an entry level position.
Excellent Company with vision
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
Kimpton is the best hotel company hands down when it comes to balancing the needs of guests and employees. By far the best working experience I have had in any hotel.
Cons
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2018
Kimpton promotes an independant free spirited culture. One that allows you to be yourself to better interact and engage with guests. They support diveristy and love all.
Blah
Staff (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 18, 2018
Just the worst managers...inexperienced, uncaring, no support or energy. It's like they don't care to attract or keep talented hospitality professionals. No wonder they have a low tripadvis or ranking. Don't work here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managers
Looky place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 6, 2018
This was a task force temporary position that allowed me to work on a week by week basis. overall I was paid a comparable rate as previous hotel sales manager positions and daily lunch and parking were included in my compensation Package
Job was great experience for me
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
I came from a background in sales and went into the accounts payable department to get my foot in the door to the major hotels. I was part of the opening team during the 2008 crash, and ended up leaving after a year due to redundancy. That was probably the best thing that happened to me because I ended up getting a really good overseas job afterwards.
Progressive environment that emphasizes individuality
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 29, 2018
I have been working in hospitality for a long time. For me, Kimpton is one of the best company’s I’ve ever worked for. The pay is not great and that is where they fall short, but they do foster a family style work environment with emphasis on individuality. There are other hotels that are very sterile and cookie cutter with overwhelming corporate culture but Kimpton is not one of them. Management like anywhere has its ups and downs. I’ve seen management groups there that are clickish and hide everything and I do mean everything, from the corporate office. But then the next management group can be the exact opposite and the current one is stellar. I think Kimpton needs more checks and balances particularly on the hr end of the spectrum. Food and Beverage management report to a regional opposed to the traditional reporting to a hotel GM. That leaves a few cracks. Hotel GMs often have multiple properties, a few more cracks. All in all I rate Kimpton very very highly in the hospitality world.
Pros
Great culture, family work environment, can be yourself
Cons
Pay is often the bare minimum, not much hr around
So many more hotel options with better management!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2018
The property definitely needs renovation. New management does not value employee moral. Very HIGH turnover for obvious reasons. At times was an unprofessional workplace. Old management cared about their employees, and it showed in the employees work with the guests. Now it is more of a dictatorship instead of a leadership. Great people to work with, not to work for. If available, Kimpton offers some really cool perks, and other hotels that you might can possibly be promoted to, although promotion from within is favorited. Central location in the heart of downtown Baltimore.
Pros
perks of staying at other properties, benefits are AWESOME
Cons
management is horrible, from the GM to DOH, to the FOM. It is a poorly managed property
Kimpton Hotel
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2018
check outs and stayovers which are a check out room is a full service room which you clean when someone leaves and you prepare the room for the next guest . and a stayover room is a in service room that a guest is in and you tighten it up a little for them so that they feel comfortable within there stay at the hotel location.
Pros
gettint to interact with people
Cons
short breaks
A Fortune 100 Best Place to Work
Senior Director, Communications (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2018
A typical day at Kimpton Home office is a mix of meetings and focused work. Requires moderate travel for many positions. The company encourages healthy relationships and collaboration with relevant departments and stakeholders. It was a fun place to work.
Pros
Flexible work locations
Cons
Long hours and heavy travel and times.
great coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 15, 2018
fun place to work with constant interaction with new guests from all over the world. Provided great health benefits, room for advancement and offered discounted rooms to sister properties
Kimpton is the King of Boutique Hotels
GUEST EVENT AND HOSPITALITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
set up and break down of events being hosted at Hotel. i learned the importance of following client specifications and establishing an open rapport with client helps to a smoother execution of the event. equipment issues made the job stressful on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the rest of the team and building relationships with them.
Pros
great people
Cons
tunnel vision management
Great Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 1, 2018
Great company and culture, good benefits. Advancement encouraged if willing to relocate. Growing company, rated best place to work several years in a row.
Loved the “diverse” teams at this boutique hotel and restaurant chain where there’s a “culture of inclusiveness and acceptance unlike any other.
SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2018
Great place to work. I've fell in love with the Kimpton Culture and admire they're drive for excellence. They are casual yet hold high standards. The staff in every department are amazing people.
Innovating Luxury Life style.
Area Director of Travel Industry Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2018
A typical day at work was different every day. Every day it was a new adventure.
I learned that you need to live to work, not work to live.

Management gives you the freedom to think out of the box and try. To be innovating and your self.

Everyone is very friendly and you are treated like family and you have fun while working.
Pros
no micromagement
Cons
to much workload for one person.
Home away from home
Director of People and Culture (Current Employee) –  SeattleMarch 22, 2018
I absolutely love working for this company! I have been at Kimpton for 12 years - started at the front desk, promoted through the years...managed housekeeping, was given opportunities to task force and open new properties. Was given opportunities to advance my career. Kimpton is about self-leadership, being yourself and making your work count (don't just clock in and clock out). Our work is meaningful, our work is built on heartfelt human connections. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and community outreach. Truly a Best Place to Work!!
Pros
Bonuses, fun, inclusive environment, advancement opportunities, affordable healthcare benefits, 401k, work perks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight