Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Employee Reviews

Good Company, Agressive Goals
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2018
Great company platform, benefits and supportive culture surrounding operations team, lots of turnover for the restaurants/bars division. The sales Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly and Yearly Budget goals are aggressive. Long office hours and high expectations. Each property has unique ownership platform which is not consistent companywide.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Work Hours / Difficult Advancement
Productive and fun place to work
ROOM DIV.MANAGER, SEATTLE MONACO (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2018
The Best Company I have ever worked for. The work place culture is incredible, Kimpton really cares for their employees. Kimpton is a Company you make into a career. My only regret, is relocating to a different company.
Every Kimpton hotel is different
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2018
My experience at the Kimpton Palomar in San Diego was great. Great chefs and management. Great coworkers and great day for cooks. Great work environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Understaffed
Great company
Area Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2018
I spent over 6 years with Kimpton. They practice what they preach as far as guiding principles and compassion for their team members. If you get the opportunity to join Kimpton I would encourage you to jump at the chance.
Kimpton Hotels, A stepping stone.
Help Desk Analyst IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2018
Kimpton was a great way to keep my skills fresh as well as learn new ones. The people were friendly and outgoing. Probably one of the best places I had the privilege of working. Unfortunately, I am a contractor so I wasn't able to stay on with them. I don't have any complaints about Kimpton.
Pros
Friendly people and a relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Only contractor positions available.
over all
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 13, 2018
The Kimpton Hotel is great place to work and I love seeing and getting to know different cultures and people around me every single day. I started off as an In Room Dining server and I loved every minute of it. It was great pay and great hours. As time go on, I wanted to learn different departments so I decided to volunteer as a restaurant server. The hardest part about my position is having to work extra hard for the pay I expect. I love what Kimpton stand for because it means the next person is able to get a second chance in life is great. Most places wouldn't think to hire someone with a record. What I enjoy most is management and my fellow employees. We work as a team and to, that is what it is all bout.
Pros
Being able to work and meet new people.
Cons
Not making enough to provide.
Great location and staff
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 24, 2018
Fun community room with bowling and basketball. Great place to meet for family or work events. Twenty floor for luxurious rooms and bedding. Soak in bath tubs. Wonderful French food.
Kimpton
AGM Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2018
Loved working for Kimpton, upscale and trendy environment, over looked twice for promotion, didn't sit well with me, had to leave to pursue other opportunities.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
no parking
Productive and fun place to work for
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
New York is a great city to work for in the catering business. Enjoy the banquet staff and learn a lot about the culture of food and beverages. I highly recommend it to anyone who want to work in New York's finest restaurants.
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
n/a
Amazing Company
Director of Front Office (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2018
Kimpton is by far way ahead of other hospitality companies. What they do for their guests and their employees is unlike anyone else. They go above and beyond and welcome creative ideas constantly. Good benefits, good work life balance, good employees overall.
Fast-paced, always on the go.
Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
The restaurant it self was a good environment. Depending on the position you are hired for will determine your worth within the company. If you are a bar-back or busser plan on staying in that position without opportunity to change positions to either sever or bartender. You may have a better chance if you're a food runner. I would recommend this place only for seasonal or transitional work but not as a career but i guess thats how the restaurant industry works.
Pros
Free lunches, you can learn a lot in a short amount of time.
Cons
No room for advancement if you're working in an entry level position.
Excellent Company with vision
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2018
Kimpton is the best hotel company hands down when it comes to balancing the needs of guests and employees. By far the best working experience I have had in any hotel.
Cons
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2018
Kimpton promotes an independant free spirited culture. One that allows you to be yourself to better interact and engage with guests. They support diveristy and love all.
Blah
Staff (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 18, 2018
Just the worst managers...inexperienced, uncaring, no support or energy. It's like they don't care to attract or keep talented hospitality professionals. No wonder they have a low tripadvis or ranking. Don't work here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managers
Looky place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 6, 2018
This was a task force temporary position that allowed me to work on a week by week basis. overall I was paid a comparable rate as previous hotel sales manager positions and daily lunch and parking were included in my compensation Package
Job was great experience for me
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 29, 2018
I came from a background in sales and went into the accounts payable department to get my foot in the door to the major hotels. I was part of the opening team during the 2008 crash, and ended up leaving after a year due to redundancy. That was probably the best thing that happened to me because I ended up getting a really good overseas job afterwards.
Progressive environment that emphasizes individuality
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 29, 2018
I have been working in hospitality for a long time. For me, Kimpton is one of the best company’s I’ve ever worked for. The pay is not great and that is where they fall short, but they do foster a family style work environment with emphasis on individuality. There are other hotels that are very sterile and cookie cutter with overwhelming corporate culture but Kimpton is not one of them. Management like anywhere has its ups and downs. I’ve seen management groups there that are clickish and hide everything and I do mean everything, from the corporate office. But then the next management group can be the exact opposite and the current one is stellar. I think Kimpton needs more checks and balances particularly on the hr end of the spectrum. Food and Beverage management report to a regional opposed to the traditional reporting to a hotel GM. That leaves a few cracks. Hotel GMs often have multiple properties, a few more cracks. All in all I rate Kimpton very very highly in the hospitality world.
Pros
Great culture, family work environment, can be yourself
Cons
Pay is often the bare minimum, not much hr around
So many more hotel options with better management!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2018
The property definitely needs renovation. New management does not value employee moral. Very HIGH turnover for obvious reasons. At times was an unprofessional workplace. Old management cared about their employees, and it showed in the employees work with the guests. Now it is more of a dictatorship instead of a leadership. Great people to work with, not to work for. If available, Kimpton offers some really cool perks, and other hotels that you might can possibly be promoted to, although promotion from within is favorited. Central location in the heart of downtown Baltimore.
Pros
perks of staying at other properties, benefits are AWESOME
Cons
management is horrible, from the GM to DOH, to the FOM. It is a poorly managed property
Kimpton Hotel
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2018
check outs and stayovers which are a check out room is a full service room which you clean when someone leaves and you prepare the room for the next guest . and a stayover room is a in service room that a guest is in and you tighten it up a little for them so that they feel comfortable within there stay at the hotel location.
Pros
gettint to interact with people
Cons
short breaks
A Fortune 100 Best Place to Work
Senior Director, Communications (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2018
A typical day at Kimpton Home office is a mix of meetings and focused work. Requires moderate travel for many positions. The company encourages healthy relationships and collaboration with relevant departments and stakeholders. It was a fun place to work.
Pros
Flexible work locations
Cons
Long hours and heavy travel and times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight