Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

hotelguestihghospitalitygupropertyculturerestaurant

Great Workplace

Featured review

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants selected this as a representative review
Great Team. Great CompanyGreat managersBest team i've ever worked with they really care about you and your input to what makes the environment better and I love that

Un colectivo de trabajo muy bueno

Mi evaluación fue buena cumplí todas las normas de la compañía así como la calidad de mi trabajo me destaqué en mi amabilidad y respeto

Pros

Seguro Medico Dental visión otros

Cons

Si tenía descanso en ocasiones dependiendo de el horario y horario más difícil de siete a 10 P.M.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Not a thriving environment.

Beautiful property. However there is Lack of management, no room for professional growth. No support, No organization, Kimpton overland went through a management company change and a lot fell through the cracks. The quality of service was below standards as there are no steps of service or consistency. No hotel culture or orientation, hiring bodies to fill positions, with out checking qualifications.

Fun at first

The Kimpton Sawyer in Sacramento. What a hotel. Work environment was fun and balanced. Until GM decided to rule with an iron fist and destroy the culture known at the Kimpton Hotels. All managers ranging from front desk to food and beverage have left. Countless employees putting in 2 week notices. To top it all off, they will be hiring from the outside to replace these positions. HR was never useful and did not care what you had to say. Stay FAR FAR AWAY from The Kimpton Sawyer in Sacramento. Poorly managed and extremely strict. FAR from “the kimpton way”

A good company overall

Of all the hotels I have worked for, Kimpton is still my favorite. Each hotel has its own charm, they are all unique from each other and the staff generally seems to be diverse.

One of the easiest places and over all best I’ve ever worked for.

If I could have continued to work for Kimpton after my initial move across the country I would have moved to! I’ve never had a better management staff, and or fun/loving working environment in any other place I’ve ever been employed! Highly recommend :)

Pros

Great people, awesome benefits.

We share tips

The tip pull ruined my whole experience. Tip sharing was encouraged by the bar staff and the mangers approved it. We went from giving a percentage to sharing everything. Very tacky

A dishonest corperate structure.

A dishonest corperate structure that hides behind it's "best company to work for" status. The managers get massive bonuses if they are able to get their employees to complete the survey favorably.

Official response from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

April 22, 2022
We're sorry to hear your experience did not align with the culture we work to uphold, and we most certainly want our employees to give us only their honest feedback on our employee opinion surveys. If you're open to sharing more so we can explore the concerns you've raised, we encourage you to call our anonymous People + Culture hotline at (888) 373-6014.

Good money but lack of communication

Newer hotel and restaurant with the potential to be great but management communication, scheduling and consistency issues prevent great service and experiences for guests. If they learned to listen to their servers without dismissing serious concerns as nonsense then they would actually keep their staff and have a good team. This is where I drew the line.The best ones leave because of burnout due to poor scheduling and the new ones aren’t trained properly leaving the others to pick up the slack. You do make good money but what work-life balance do you require and how much stress are you willing to take.

At first I felt like I was going through the process, but once I got comfortable with the universe I felt comfortable

I would go back and work there. Not a good place if your not outgoing also but staying to yourself will be best go to work and focus on the job at hand.

Pros

They help you with any problems you might have

Cons

Co workers were stealing my tips and I didn't get recognized for all my hard work

Poor Management & No Open Door Policy

Working at this job as a housekeeper will do nothing but stress you out . Management not only talks to Housekeepers like dogs they also steal tip money from rooms. If you point out what they’re doing to anyone else (GM’s, HR’s)You get singled out, not to mention nobody else really cares.

Lively environment

Overall, this was a fun part-time job to have during the summer/fall time. The employees were great, the management was okay and I mostly had the vacation time I wanted off.

Pros

lunch and dinners

Manager on Duty

Management did not care about you. Took advantage of me for the worst shifts so they wouldn't have to find someone else or do it themselves. Pay was below average.

Not very good to work for

Management was awful. My boss didn’t provide proper equipment to do job. Worked to death. One manager treats you like garbage. Not a very nice person

Pros

Cons

Management is awful

Official response from Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

March 4, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience - please know that we're taking your feedback to heart, and we have shared this review with our People & Culture team.

They've done away with any product time off for Covid, and have only the 5 day CDC guidelines to be off work, regardless of position.

Whole house tip pool, which is brutal as a server when you take home less than half of your tips due to overstaffng. They have no concern for covid, and no paid time off for contracting it at work.

Pros

Laid back management.

Cons

Long hours with minimal breaks. No paid time off for getting covid.

Strong advancement opportunity/ long hours and low pay

A professional company that provides a clear career path. Benefits are horrible. 401k match is lower than IHG and pay is below average.Hardest part is watching some ownership groups make record net profit margins while employees get record low pay.

Pros

Friendly coworkers & experienced management

Cons

Low pay, High insurance copays, long hours.

Professional environment that also feels like family.

Professional work environment that also feels like family. Management always does their best to make sure you succeed and feel valued as a member of the team.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Longer Work Shifts

The Management Team supports the staff. From free parking to free lunches - it’s the little things that add up to a great work environment!

This is a fantastic place to work. I feel supported in my job from my direct supervisor to the GM. Everyone is so welcoming and caring of each other. It makes you want to come to work.

Pros

Free lunch and parking

Cons

Short staffed

Post-Covid Review

It is a stressful time to be in the hospitality industry but the Kimpton in Charlotte does what it can to provide for its employees.I do not know what this property was like pre-Covid but currently it is a rewarding challenge to tackle!

Fun and enjoyable work atmosphere, great place to make money

Amazing company to work for and great environment. Relaxed yet still professional, and very embracive . Great food and atmosphere and employees tend to be very positive hospitality people

Overworked and a Hotel in Decline

There is only one Front Desk Agent on every shift and the Hotel capacity reaches 70-90% on most days. Many services are not available (restaurant, spa, pool bar, room service, room cleaning, etc.) and this makes customers scream at you on a daily basis. Nothing is done to improve the hotel's condition. This is no labor shortage problem, it is a penny pinching problem. Needless to say, benefits are the worst and no PTO or requesting days off.Save yourself the pain...Find something better--no one deserves this.

Pros

hard to say

Cons

benefits, work/life balance

Common questions about Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Answered by current and former employees at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants with

• Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?