Kinder Morgan

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

pipelinekindterminalsafetybargeliquidoperatorrail

Good pay, benefits

Majority of the time at work is solo. We run four terminals and a rail offload and pipeline, which can be overwhelming.The pay here doing all that is the same as the pay for operators working at a single terminal. Level 3 pay is as high as you're going to getting regardless of how long you're employed.

A lot of solo time in the field with my job.

You are able to have every other friday off. They take safety serious. Once you reach a certain level you do not get anymore pay raises no matter how long you work here.

Pros

They are willing to work with you on time off.

Cons

Once you reach a certain level no more pay increases.

Kinder Morgan insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

It's what you make of it.. Career or job

Great benefits could always be more salary. They are willing to train anyone who is willing to learn. It's a dirty job. You have to be willing to jump in and get your hand dirty.

It would have been a good job but...

I worked for KM for a short run. It has decent pay and benefits. I worked at a compressor station. It was easy work for the most part. My manager shouldn't have been there nor his underling. Turns out they both got run off shortly after I left so makes sense. It was an 8 on 6 off and when your on 8 your on call 24/7. They give you a phone a truck, and wex card. If I didn't feel like my boss was treating me so poorly I probably would have stayed but then again for personal reasons I relocated. They unfortunately have alot of turn around but the company itself wasn't bad at all.

Pros

Truck, Cell phone, pay, Benefits

Cons

24/7 on call, only 10 hour days, micro management

Lean company

Pay is good and benefits are ok. Its a lean company so no frills. Things dont get fixed quickly and training is weak. The terminal and dock are old and could use a lot of updating and repairs.

Pros

Decent money

Cons

No frills

Good pay, Long hours

70 hours per week on a regular bases. Not optional most of the time. Easy work, just long hours. Pay every two weeks. nature of work can be dangerous but safe practices are used.

Bad management

Kinder Morgan is good but the penn city terminal is horrible do not work there they have good benefits nut that’s about it the moment your hired they are trying to fire you

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Horrible management

Stable Company with Strong Corporate Managment

Stable company with a strong management team. Best to view the benefits of working for the the company over the long term. If take a short term outlook you can become frustrated.

Measurement Department

Excellent atmosphere in our department. Friendly culture. Pay is often seen as lower than competition for similar job titles in the industry. Hybrid schedule.Job security is a big plus here. Minimal layoffs over the years even when major production companies were laying off tons of employees.Good benefits. Room to move around within the company if one desires. A lot of family hired in of existing employees.

Pros

Hybrid Schedule, pension, 401k matchings, health insurance

Cons

Pay isn't at the top for the industry. Sometimes a good old boys club.

Great company and career in the right job title

Kinder Morgan has great benefits and work life balance. Compensation is fair with yearly raises and bonuses. I work in the south western United States in damage prevention. I’m given all the tools and support to do my job effectively. A lot of opportunities to promote with this company. Best oil and gas company I’ve ever worked for.

Great pay, horrible management- no room for growth.

No work/life balance. Management bullies you. Great pay but you won't scale up to a better position. Good vacation time. The yard workers are very diligent and safe. Long wait times for drivers. Don't feed the deer!

Pros

Pizza consistently; nice coworkers; great benefits

Cons

Micromanagement

13 hour days 5 days a week , pay is low for what thay want

13 hour days 5 days a week , pay is low for what they want , can not keep people, work the heck out of the ones do stay, to much of the good old boys, then when the good old boys do not get there way off they go

Good pay and Benefits

Good pay for the work load, Good benefits. Very little overtime compared to other places in the area but the pay compensates for the difference. Clean facility and the culture throughout the facility is to keep it that way. Extremely safety oriented. Management is knowledgeable and attentive. Any tools or equipment needed is provided. Management is also understanding of any need for time off for personal or medical reasons. Great work atmosphere, everyone gets along well. Advancement opportunities on occasion. Overall great place to work. Only thing that would be nice that is not available is I would like to see gym membership reimbursements, or company membership to a local golf course.

Greak competitive pay and benefits

Great pay and benefits a great place to work aside from upper management level who claim they are there for you when needed only to throw you under the bus when something happens!!! They preach safety safety and they are evolved in a osha program but yet they have you drive equipment that is not safe. They had me driving a dumptruck that the windshield was cracked all the way acrossed amd you could see outside. Everytime you hit a bump the windshield would rattle no air conditioner and mirrors mission.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management will throw you under the bus. This company doesnt follow Americans with disabilities act

Stable company to work for

Stable company but compensation is on the low end. A lot of room for improvement but not willing to spend the money unless they have to. There has been high turnovers as wages are not competitive and raises are nothing great.

Pros

Paid parking downtown or metro pass

Cons

Very cheap

Good amount of work in all areas

The terminal is very active in truck loading by many products but mainly methanol. Two docks primarily a ship and barge dock. Night shift is focused on railcar loading. Inbound and outbound pipelines.

Pros

Decent pay in the 30’s. Good learning experience to eventually move on

Cons

No 401k bad pension. Rotating 12’s Management

Great company

Great company and benefits. Rotating shifts are hard, work is rewarding. great work life balance. Very clean plant. Great people to work with. I have no complaints.

Stay away or you will regret

Stressful environment, managers don't care about the operators, they fire and hire monthly nomatter how long you have been with the company, its like robots working the terminals, thank God I left for a great company. Trainers are encouraged to fail you during testing periods so the company can save $$ and not give progression raises, lol what training. PASADENA LOCATION IS HORRIBLE

Pros

Hourly pay

Cons

Shift work, on call 24/7 no progression in a timely manner and no training

Not a bad company. Main downfall is to many chiefs.

Upper management is always changing. Depending on your manager could be a decent place to work. Progression can be a bit slow at times. At times customer needs can be hard to meet.

Pros

Pay benefits

Cons

Upper management constantly moves around

I hired on with KM directly out of college. Compensation is fair and competitive to other companies in the oil and gas sector. Management has been supportive of my career goals.

It was good to work for this company

It was fun to work for this company at the time but then I just got worse after changing supervisor or main supervisor in the area just went from good to Bad

Pros

They give good lunches on holidays example for Christmas and New Year’s

Cons

They give good lunches on holidays example for Christmas and New Year’s

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinder Morgan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.6
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
1.4Career Opportunities
1.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight