KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Corporate run childcare. Go local
Lead Teacher Preschool (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 16, 2019
I love working with children. That said, there was no training, the position was not what I expected. Turnover is high, with good reason. Services for children go through the corporate structure first and many times when we call we have already been through all their suggestions. Takes a lot of time before we get local district help. Local management good but always stressed with corporate demands. No floaters so Director and AD are often in ratio so infrequent bathroom breaks. Difficulty getting time off on short notice. They try their best. Don’t get sick, you will have to work regardless. Classrooms have to be in ratio so children and teachers shift so you may not spend the day in your room. The curriculum is a bit random and not appropriate nationwide with weather constraints. You can enhance it however. Lack of toys and supplies the last few months of the year or if the attendance drops. Meal plan for kids is ok. Seems that corporate level hires business people not education people. Prefer my local run childcare.
Pros
Free CDA if you stay that long, insurance, employee buying progeam
Cons
Too many to list, read review then keep looking
Positive work culture
CONTRACT CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2019
Positive work culture, mission-driven, fun and engaging culture, employment engagement events, excellent HR and Talent Acquisition department, MAX accessible.
Pros
Tuition discount, positive culture
Cons
High cost for benefits
Smh
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2019
One of the worse places I have worked at. Employees steal from each other, big drama going around, employees who are rude to other employees and not to mention to the children. I don't understand how if one teacher is having issues with multiple teachers why management wouldn't look at the bigger picture. I had a manager tell me when I first started, on an 8 hour day that she only does half an hour breaks. First, it is my right to have an hour break and being a manager with a different company I had that knowledge. This isn't even half of it.
Inconsistent
LEAD PRESCHOOL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 10, 2019
Centers do not operate consistently. Some do not adhere to Kindercare's culture and ideas but rather their own decisions. A lot of the teachers do not even go through the actual Kindercare training process.
Lack of Job Advancements
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I gave my manager a 3 months notice for wish to change from part time to full time with no success. Hours very day by day and I am often called in early so it is hard to plan my day. I constantly have to beg for more hours and get left to do the hard work each day.
Pros
Long breaks, free food
Cons
Lack of job advancements
KinderCare is a company of giant magnitude
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 5, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my role as Center Director is making daily contributions to the lives of the children and families we serve. I also greatly enjoy team building and ensuring classroom teachers have the tools they need to be successful in their roles.
Not what i expected
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 5, 2019
Make sure you speak up when you are not comfortable with the group they put you in! I ended up in a position that now i am regreting. Lately, work has been very stressful
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Great Job
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILFebruary 4, 2019
A typical day at work included writing and following lesson plans. Teaching children basic social and life skills. The hardest part of the job was parents that didn't care about the learning and thought of you as an overpaid babysitter. The best part of the job was the kids
Don’t work there
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I was hired January 2019 . During my first month. I was yelled at numerous times, by the assistant director. She never said hi, welcome to KinderCare just in my face with her rude snarky comment. I went to the director for help. She said she will talk to her .!! It only made it worse . The place smells like rotten fruit all the time. All the teachers are stressed out to the Max. The classrooms are over filled with mixes age groups. The managers rairly step into the classroom to assist. Worse work experience ever !! Do not work at the Rohnert Park Kinder Care !! Haunted house .! Toxic work environment.! Snarky teachers that won’t talk to you. No support from management!! Run away run don’t stop ! You’ll be sorry !!!!
Fun workplace to be with children.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Pros: It was an overall fun workplace to be with children and families. Coworkers and school administration are nice to work with. Cons: Pay is a little too small for directors and assistants, families are always having trouble with their accounts or something to do with online (glitches), the FMS system is laggy and slow but the IT department are great so that kind of makes up for it.
Fun job, lots of drama
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2019
The center life is fun and fast paced. You get to work with children all day. The dynamics of the field sometimes create drama in the work place that is hard to avoid. Loved working here for a long time. The only thing that pushed me out what the lack of support the higher up you got in the company.
Fast paced and Great Co Workers
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJanuary 31, 2019
A typical day is busy. You learn time management and other qualities.I learned how to manage lesson plans better. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most enjoyable is seeing the improvement in the children learning.
Horrible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190January 30, 2019
Management is horrible. They don't care about the staff, have blatant favorites, and change rules willy-nilly. There is no organization at all. Training sucks too. If you even get training, its useless and has nothing to do with an issue at hand.
Pros
Got my foot in the door for ECE
Cons
everything
Good Place to work if you need a jumpstart in teaching
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 29, 2019
I know this is lengthy, but PLEASE read in its entirety.

Pros: KinderCare has great parents & children & great benefits (you can get your CDA for FREE & they have good scholarships, incentives & rewards. They have good dental, medical, and vision benefits but they are EXPENSIVE & can take a huge chunk out of your check every two weeks; medical can be $100+ & can change every year usually never in a cheaper route). They support teachers going back to school financially & even do tuition reimbursement. My co workers are like family and we are very close & have to have each other’s backs because management won’t sometimes. Free training such as Professional Development Day & CPR, one hour lunches depending on your shift, and free food.

Cons: You are stuck in a classroom with no restroom breaks. Someone has to “relieve” you in order to go & that can be hectic because they forget, are caught up in another classroom or on a tour. Management can be no help sometimes because they love to sit in the office all day behind the computer. They will not let you leave to go home on time even if you always come to work on time. You may be stuck in the classroom with over 10 kids & it is time for your shift to end & you leave 5-10 minutes late because management is trying to figure out how to let you go & where to place kids because you’re over. No supplies (construction paper, art supplies, paper, laptops to print out work needed for the classroom, etc.) are ever in the classrooms. You always have to borrow from other teachers in the building. No time to lesson plan except for off the
  more... clock but you get chastised for that. A KinderCare no no. Old, dilapidated building infested with bugs especially roaches. The parents pay great money to have their kids there so why are the buildings so old & infested with roaches!?! Corporate uses an exterminator but the bugs just multiply. No raises! Even with a CDA you only get 50 cents. Smh. You get PTO/sick leave in one year which you should get within 90 days because parents love to bring their sick children to school. Your hours WILL be cut if you do not have enough children in your class which means if you are the first teacher (morning shift), have 10 or under kids in your class & there is no other need for you in the school they WILL SEND YOU HOME. My center pays for overtime but some will not so if you stay an hour over one day they will send you home an hour early the next. Corporate does not care about the kids or the teachers so your complaints fall on deaf ears. Tuition is EXPENSIVE! The infant room is $300/infant which causes drops in enrollment since parents can not afford it which will affect the teachers & this tuition goes up every year. No phones in classrooms in case of emergencies or walkie-talkies. No cameras only on the outside of the building. KinderCares are too spread out which means you may have to travel 30+ minutes to work. You will be lucky if you can find a center close to your home.  less
Pros
Free food, benefits, children, parents, college funding, flexibility
Cons
Management, lack of time, supplies, teach to child ratios, roaches/bugs, old building
Loving job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJanuary 28, 2019
It is very fast pace because you have the children on a set schedule. Especially the younger they are, I recommend if you apply to this job you have a lot of patience and a lot of love to give. These children are with you almost everyday and if you don't fall in love with them then it probably isn't the job for you. You feed them breakfast, Lunch, and snack. Always have to make sure they go outside twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. A lesson has to be planned for everyday no matter what age it is, even infants have educational activities. Management is flexible and works with you and your schedule and needing time off.
Pros
Hour long break, healthcare, reduced childcare
Productive and fun to be
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 26, 2019
I've the children, staff, and families there. And getting to every single child and their family was amazing. Going to work in that place is what I love because that's when I get to plan out the curriculum for that day and the activities the children are going to do to learn to help them understand what were learning about. And the connections I make with each child is so sacred to have.
Great job
HR Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 23, 2019
Typical day at work for me is answering calls and helping employees out in the field. Contributing feedback so that we cover bases for everyone calling in. It's a laid back job with a lot of opportunities for growth.
Find another school.
Toddler teacher (Former Employee) –  Tribeca, NYJanuary 19, 2019
The Tribeca location in Greenwich director and education director don’t even hold proper credentials for their positions and they manipulate and mistreat workers into doing more than they are compensated. In one week 7 teachers have resigned not because we wanted to but for our sanity we all had to!
Pros
Children and family’s (some families )
Cons
Everything mentioned above . High turnover rate
Stressful
Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2019
I was really excited I got hired.by the seventh month....couldn't take it anymore . The curriculum sucks for the most part. It means well with ratio but never was followed
Pros
Two hour lunch break
Cons
Too stressful
teaching
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Right now I am not getting the hours promised. The team of teachers are great and work together......the children are the most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KinderCare Education.

Powered by Comparably