KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
You'd get paid more to work at McDonalds
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 18, 2018
If you are a parent who can't afford child care with out a discount, then by all means, work there, it's $100/week if you work for them. Other than that, the pay is terrible, and you get stuck there because you can't afford to leave because you can't afford to pay for $350+ a week. I like most of my co-workers, but every center is 99% female, which means it's like a High School.
Pros
Discount, free food, love the kids, 1 hour breaks
Cons
Healthcare is terrible, it's drama, pay is the worst.
Not Much To Say
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2018
I don't have much to say about this company. Its a job NOT a career.
It's perfect for people fresh out of high school but definitely not a career and with the low salary that they pay people you will not be able to make it on your own.
Not so great
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohOctober 16, 2018
So working at kindercare on W. Broad street was honestly the worst place. And I'm not just saying to because I left. I'm saying this because my director TRIED not to do anything about a teacher kicking a child. Yes. I said a teacher kicked a child and she still had her job because we needed teachers at the time.
Pros
Benefits they provide, schedules, 401k.
Cons
Poor management, poor choice of teacher.
Working for KinderCare
Center Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 16, 2018
KinderCare is a wonderful organization when it come to early childhood education. But as for its employees, I don't truly believe that the upper management listens to its front lines. It can be a wonderful place to work, but it does not take to time to see what is truly happening in the centers.
Poor pay and upper management
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 15, 2018
I was hired to be an assistant director due to my experience and schooling. I quickly learned Kindercare did things their own way and the upper management such as the regional directors did what they wanted to do. No one listened or cared about the employees or the children they cared about the numbers. The pay was not good for what they expected. Well under the average for this position. I even had to take breaks in the middle of the day so I could still open and close the building. This meant 12 hour days and no overtime. It was too much for my own sanity and my family. I hope it gets better, but it is still a large corporation that does not care about the people.
Pros
The teachers i worked with
Cons
Hours, pay, lack of respect
A good mission, but difficult to follow in the corporate office
Senior Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 14, 2018
The company has a good mission, and the people are great tom work with. The culture is divided between wanting to follow the mission, and investing in the tools to really do that.

Not much drive towards advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great people, Nice Culture
Cons
Some goals are not realistic, Opportunities to advance are minimal
I loved the kids and some of the people I worked with.
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with all the kids and some of my coworkers. Management was more worried about not being stuck in a class then making sure the classrooms were running smooth. They didn’t keep in mind what other people opinion were and there was no consistency. When things aren’t consistent with children they have a harder time through the day.
Horrible place... but I love these children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 12, 2018
Although I love the children and parents. This place is horrible. They can’t seem to get Managment together. I have had at least 5 people leave from management.
Preschool teacher
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 12, 2018
There wasn't a lot of consistency with the rules or even with the schedule. the manger is a nice person but seemed over worked. I loved working with the kids and being able to build good connections with the parents. the company in general does a good job with giving you lesson plans. its a corporate ran company and it does show. some rules that are made are for the bigger facility's and its frustrating to deal with it a smaller setting. If you like working with kids though you'll definitely get tons of that.
Eh
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2018
Management and coworkers were pretty ok, pay sucks and hours suck. Communication is lacking and it’s a very fast paced high stress job. Great for temporary however would never consider it a career move. Changed my college major less than 6 months into being employed here from an early Childhood major to something different as this left me very jaded.
Pros
40 hours a week, kids, great insurance
Cons
No raises or opportunity for advancement
good
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, CAOctober 9, 2018
This is a very good company to work for. The director is awesome. they help you transfer if needed. i had good coworkers and a good boss and neat atmosphere.
prefered first location
Preschool Teacher/Infant Room Teacher/ Floater (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJOctober 8, 2018
the first location was very small and intimate, that center closed and we were moved to a much larger one... it felt very corporate and not so cozy. But still a lovely place
Pros
clean and friendly
Cons
pay
It was interesting
CHILD CARE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDOctober 7, 2018
KinderCare is what you make it. It was indeed a learning experience. If you are fortunate enough to get paired with a teacher who truly cares about the students, consider yourself lucky. This like any job is all about what you put into it. It is however a thankless job. Creativity and a thick skin are the key to this job. If you love children then this is a job you can grow in.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
The pay is not enough
Terrible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Round lake beachOctober 4, 2018
Terrible company! Multi million dollar company but pays employees close to nothing. Management is also terrible all they care about is money . I do not recommend.
Pros
Kids, free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Go to another company who cares
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake arbor MdOctober 4, 2018
The directors at the center are very wonderful but the company sucks the pay is sooooo ridiculous anf u get change for a raise they want you to clean bathrooms take trash out through a back alley and pay you something that you cant even survive off and when the director told her supervisor that several of her staff members are looking to leave for lack of pay kindercare response was oh well let them leave we will find others who will accept this pay and want to be over worked and under paid .
Pros
Children and directors
Cons
No janitors/the head teacher pay sucks/
Great work place
Lead Toddler, Infant 2 Teacher, Cook (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHOctober 3, 2018
PRO: This Kindercare is a great place to work when i was there. I had three amazing admins. This was my first job after moving to Ohio. I was there for three years. I always went above and beyond for my job and my center. There early always on time stayed late when needed.
CON: I was never looked at as a leadership possibility. I wanted to advance in my 13+ year career and i never was given the chance there. They didn’t show appreciation to those that worked hard and always had their paperwork done on time or stayed late.
Pros
Friendship amazing families amazing kids
Cons
No advancement.
Deception
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 2, 2018
Have strong morals when it comes to taking care of children? This is not somewhere you'd want to work. I have nothing good to say about this company. They don't have a janitor. You weren't able to apply the curriculum because they didn't have the boxes required to apply it. We would have to buy things out of pocket. They tried for months to get the boxes and it never happen. You were given the time to clean the toys and work on your boards. You had to mop at least 3 days a week and the only time was when the kids were sleeping. The cleaning product didn't do anything as we had to dilute so much. the children and teachers were constantly getting sick and spread quickly because it is an open concept building. The list goes on.
Cons
No support, not clean, poor quality food, can't apply curriculum, etc
No room for advancement and management was terrible
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  OmahaOctober 2, 2018
This place really takes advantage of people they work you for little to no reward. The pay is awful and there’s far too much work to do for that little of a wage. The management style is horrible they don’t back you up and there’s no support. Lazy management. High turn over rate.
Pros
1 hour lunches, children
Cons
No support from management
Good place to work if you are there for the right reasons.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2018
The day is never the same. Sometimes you get inconsistent messages from management. Good pay and family work life balance. The best part is the kids and working with other teachers and staff members.
Too Many Children
Discovery Pre-school Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 1, 2018
To many children in the classrooms, not enough teacher interaction due to behavior incidents.
Hardest part of the job is keeping everyone dry, clothed and fed.
Pros
Free meals and snack, nap time is quiet time.
Cons
no one can tell time correctly, breaks are always late, and the over zealous parents with their wonderful children who are never ever wrong!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

74out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KinderCare Education.

Powered by Comparably