KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Do not work here!!!!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clark, NJMay 23, 2018
This place was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!! The people were disrespectful! The director and assistant director treated employees unfairly! WORST DAYCARE EVER!!!
Pros
The children
Cons
Everything else
Abusive Company
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
KinderCare is the most emotionally, physically, and sexually abusive company I have ever worked for. Children are nothing but a number to staff and directors. Children often receive wrong breast milk, are hit and pinched by staff, and left alone in the classroom.
Pros
Cons
abuse
What a sad experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 22, 2018
Kindercare's corporate system ruined the fun of being a preschool teacher. All they care about is budgets. As a teacher, I was pressured to keep 20 students safe at all times. This means that there are a ton of rules that I have to abide to in order to keep myself from any liabilities. The corporation does not take any responsibility for creating a stressful and unhealthy environment for both the teachers and students. Unfortunately I did not enjoy my experience there. I felt unsafe, I did not have fun with my young students, and as a result of trying so hard to keep them safe, I feel like a failed to educate my students in several important areas.
For profit company, not for quality care.
Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2018
Upper Management doesn't support the people who run the school. Teachers are not paid well to be able to afford to live in the area, so high staff turnover.
Pros
Childcare discount
Cons
Low pay, full time hours are not guaranteed, no prep time, no consistency for children, pass children constantly to cut back on hours.
Fun work place and is able to interact with families staff and children
Lead Teacher in. Twos, Preschool, and Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Ft. Washington, Lanham , BowieMay 16, 2018
Overall I think KinderCare is a good work place and you can also grow in the workplace. Learn a lot of new things while being there. Trainings are very good.
Pros
U can eat lunch with the children and run around the playground with children and just have fun
Cons
When holidays come hours are cut
Summary
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 16, 2018
Summary
Open-minded Center Director, talented at incorporating a blend of traditional and progressive
techniques into daily activities. Facilitates clear communication between children, parents and fellow
staff. Specializing in child psychology and development.Able to plan and implement various activities
for promoting physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth of children.Recognizes the
importance of the parent-child bond and believes in regularly communicating with each parent and
understanding each individual family need.
Good Place to Start
Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 6, 2018
KinderCare Education is a great company to begin your career within the daycare/ education field. However this company is not where I would just stay. There is flexibility for those students to work and complete school and move on to something else. Employee benefits are actually decent, but it really doesn’t help much when you have multiple children of your own within the programs as it is severely costly, no real kick back as you already don’t make enough to cover one child barely. All in all, the room for growth is stagnant. The view of education is put at the back burner and the view for profits is out to the forefront. No paid time off until you are with the company for a year is horrible. Most companies it’s 90 days.
Pros
Benefits, fun children
Cons
Poor wages
Do not work here
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAMay 5, 2018
Not enough staff, drama,favoritism,over ratio,pay rate is horrible, management is terrible, can’t make a doctors appointment not guaranteed to get out on time then you don’t show up for your appointments and your charged 30 dollars for a no show!
Pros
Children and families
Meh.
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 2, 2018
It's a decent job, but when I worked there it was insanely stressful. The management lied to parents when they came in to make us seem better, and that was too sketchy for me.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
bad management
quality educators beware!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  scottsdaleMay 1, 2018
This company is so consumed with boasting that they are nationally accredited, yet they refuse to follow the standards of learning put forth by accreditation. All the company cares about is making money when what they should care about is creating a positive, supportive, learning experience for young minds. There is constant push back from the DMs about having too many hours for staff- this company sets forth unrealistic labor hours! We had children moving from one class to the next all day long for YEARS at a nationally accredited program because they refuse to staff rooms at a two teacher ratio unless it is packed full of children. They do not hire teachers who are fresh and educated, they keep the same old burnt out teachers and never give any quality professional development! I even payed 100/week out of a 400 or less paycheck for my daughter to be IN MY CLASS. so I cant say anything positive about the tuition discount either. I was given no raise upon completion of my CDA. I spent so much of my own money for my classroom and even on instances when i gave receipts and asked to be reimbursed i was not.This place has lost its' values and in turn is losing all its quality educators.
Pros
working with kids, families love you
Cons
everything about corporate run early childhood education
Bullied by Management and my teachers
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2018
This place is a joke! My teachers are too young and insubordinate. They think they know everything. I went into this job not knowing ANYTHING and the training they gave is junk. Even after almost a year being there; throughout the year the training is the same. I have way too many kids and not enough teachers to be able to do my job properly. They are always changing their rules. Management is two-faced and very clicky. Others in my position get away with way too much, but if I were to do any little thing, HR would come a knocking! Sucks too because I have grown to have a close relationship with each of my kids and their families. If I could have got the support I need and the training, I would be very happy working here for a long time. I had very high hopes. :(
Pros
The kids!
Cons
Hours, management, lack of respect
High Turnover
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2018
I love working with the children and getting to know the families; however, when it comes to addressing disruptive and aggressive behavior problems, I don't feel that management is on the same page on how to address these issues. Some days it is hard for the teachers to execute the curriculum because we have to stop and handle behavioral problems and that takes time away from the children that are well behaved.
Pros
Outside time, working with children
Cons
Management not on the same page
Okay Job
Afterschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2018
Okay for a short-time, I did one school semester there. Management needs a lot of improvement. Staff could be better overall. It is not a difficult job.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Could be stressful
sorry not sorry
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
Upon accepting this position I was so hopeful for the opportunity to grow. Within 18 months of employment I am already burnt out. As an administrator I am ashamed of what we pay our teachers
Pros
national company
Cons
false advertised growth opportunity
Not a happy Employee
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Union, ORApril 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the work place is to serve the kids and give them the best knowledge and more. Staying with the students helps to understand them and deliver a better service for the parents requirements.
Fast paced- it is what you make it!
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2018
Invest in your staff and families and the culture will be amazing! It’s 100% what you make it. It takes time to find quality teachers, but once you do, train and appreciate them and they will be loyal in return. Upper management needs additional support because of the duties asked of the role.
Pros
Staff discount, career advancement, fun place to work, the families
Cons
Long work days, not enough time off for holidays
Horrible Management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Hill, WAApril 10, 2018
Management is very unprofessional and don’t care about their employees, they have favorites. I personally think with this job, you do so much for low pay. They only care about rules and regulations if someone important is there and/or coming.
Stressful, unfairly treated, and poor upper management.
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 9, 2018
Hard place to work due to the hours and expectations from corporate but not giving the employees what they needed to succeed. Performance is based on friendships and not dedication to the children and classrooms. Long hours and very little breaks.
Always stressful, money hungry
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 9, 2018
Love interacting with most parents and children. Best part about the job. You weren’t able to call off. Most times I worked longer than management. Kindercare is the most unorganized company
Pros
Discounts in places, children
Cons
Long hours, no call offs, lazy, never understanding
Great Place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 6, 2018
Unlike other kindercare centers in other states my experience with kindercare in CA has been very good! I've been in the field for 10+ years and I've worked at many daycare centers. Kindercare exceeds parent expectations. Of course you have to be quick, flexible, a team player and a multi tasker to keep up with all the policies, procedures and kiddos but the help and support is there from.ither co teachers and management. 2x a year we have Teacher development days. we have holidays off. every month there is some Type of celebration or pot luck for teachers to keep the ambiance going. pay is competitive and health care is good and affordable.
Pros
flexible hours and schedules, competitive pay, support.
Cons
can be too fast paced if you lack experience in child care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

74out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at KinderCare Education.