KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Money hungry company that prentends to focus on children, families, and employees
Teacher and manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
KinderCare Education is not for anyone that actually cares about people. There are so many negative remarks that could be made, but the highlights are overworked teachers that are way underpaid for the expectations of center managment and upper level managers. Turn over is high because training cannot be done due to short staffing and general lack of care from those supposed to train, just another warm body! Parents concerns are not taken seriously and just "swept" under the rug. Ratios are broken all the time with the knowledge of management.
This could go on forever, bottom line, dont work here!
Cons
Company that is not focused anything other than a profit
Lack of management, communication, and teamwork.
PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 8, 2018
- No proper training and no support for the new employees__ once you are hired, you put to work straight away.
- Children are very wild and disrespect due to poor curriculums, bad management, and high turnover rate of teachers.
- You won't get overtime paid because your work schedule's always changed, for example, if today you work 1 hour overtime, tomorrow you are asked to have 1 and half hours lunch and leave work early.
- Some of the seniors take advantages of the new employees by asking to do more cleaning in the class and bathroom. There was no support from the center director when you reported it, those who stay longer are always right.
- A lot of drama and more childcare providers but not teachers.
Pros
401k, health vision and dental insurance, childcare and employee discount .
Cons
Poor management and teamwork.
Good pay and nice bosses but ultimately a very boring job
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 8, 2018
They try to make it as nice as possible, but Kindercare is a call center, and it is not fun to work at a call center. I wish they would just admit that they're a call center so that I would have known what to expect.
Pros
good pay, nice people, straightforward job
Cons
short lunch, early start, unclear expectations
A Company that cares for ALL
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IADecember 8, 2018
I love working at my Kindercare Center. It is organized chaos. You're working with KIDS. Kindercare helps you advance. They PAY for your CDA. Those classes are worth $1,500. Not to mention the books and the test. They also help you with advance education. They provide professional development. You personal and vacation time after a year. Which in my oppinion is fair. You need to earn that benefit. I've worked at places that don't offer that. And they provide raises.
I love my co-workers. They have my back. Amazing coaching. The kids are incredible and so are the parents. Its nice to feel valued by your peers, your clients and management. My director is a true leader because she never expects us do do something she wouldn't do herself. If there is something i need or feel is lacking all I have to do is talk to her and she does her best to make it happen. She doesn't have a Mary Poppins bag but if its in her power to meet the need she will and she even goes above to try ans make it happen.
Another thing I love about Kindercare is they don't push you into something you are not ready for. If you want more responsibilities let them know. And they work with you to get you where you want to be.
I would recommend the Kindercare in Bettendorf to ANYONE.
Pros
Cons
Not being able to order more shirts
Good at first
Assistant Director / KinderCare (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INDecember 5, 2018
Company was good at first but overtime the corporate lost sight of what was important. I was in management and we were all treated horribly. One member (5 years with company 3 in management) was forced to resign because of unfounded reasons, another (14 years) was also forced to resign because of conflict with corporate management. I stayed long enough to help parents feel comfortable with all the changes but needed to leave because of a lack of work-life balance or respect for efforts put in.
Pros
Associates Degree Paid for, Tuition Reimbursement, Child Care Tuition lowered
Cons
Lack of respect, long hours, no help from corporate, minimal days off
Abusive environment for Staff
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 4, 2018
This company was a nightmare to work for. There was no opportunity for growth, terrible pay, no raises, long hours often without breaks, no room for a personal life, high stress, lack of support, abusive management, run down dirty facility. Supplies were lacking at all times.
Pros
The children
Cons
Horrible pay, No raises, Abusive management, no support
Poorly managed and directors did not truly care about the children
Teacher/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  31st Street Tulsa, OKDecember 3, 2018
In the month I was there, the senior and assistant directors did not treat employees fairly. They were more cliquey and high-school like than company leaders. They paid one teacher more than others who had been there longer and she rarely did her own job. And it seemed as if they were uncomfortable in their company positions, and also did not genuinely care for the children, only the money.
Pros
good benefits and employee discounts
Cons
poor management, low pay, little or no breaks
Good Work Environment
Lead Teacher for Aftercare Program (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2018
I love the people that I work with. They make you feel welcomed and needed and appreciate you and everything you do. They listen to your ideas and quick to help when needed.
Not a place you want to work if you want to feel valued
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 29, 2018
Very unhappy with the way things turned out. I took a toddler teacher position with the promise of moving up to assistant director when it became available. I began training then was not given further opportunity to move up. In the end I left on my own, too corporate and they do not value experience.
Pros
Nice campus and benefits
Cons
No value in staff
Great Place
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 26, 2018
Great place to work. I feel you can learn and benefit from this company a lot. The management in this company wants you to be successful and goes out of their way to make sure that happens.
Pros
Education and learning
Cons
heavy work hours
fun and vibrant work place
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 20, 2018
I worked in all the different rooms and age ranges at Kindercare, I liked it because you never had the same day twice. Everyday was new and exciting. I also really enjoyed teaching, watching the kids faces light up when they learned something new
Pros
we did family style lunch were the teachers and kids ate together
Cons
n/a
Overall a great place to work
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2018
Like most jobs there are issues. No work place is perfect. But I love my job and working with the team that is at my school. The copy is very understanding and offers so many cool bonuses and benefits to encourage employees to stay.
Funny managers and unfriendly co-workers
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 18, 2018
KinderCare Education (KCE) was at first a lot of fun to work for but then I started to realize how unsupportive the teachers are a new employee learning the routine for each and understand the culture. The management never gave me the training to be a successful teacher and also promised me I would be a teacher, but then moved me out of my classroom because my co-teacher was being very unprofessional toward me and turned me into a floating teacher/teaching assistant for the rest of the time I worked at KCE.
Pros
Cute fun wonderful families and children
Cons
Unfriendly coworkers and management never gave me the tools to succeed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 15, 2018
Able to work with others.
Manage the classroom and work with coworkers.
Seeing the children's smile on their faces.
Work in high demand with families.
Working with Children is great
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2018
The job is challenging, many hats to wear.
Working with the center teams, relations with families and balancing the corporate expectations.
You need to be careful who you trust
Pros
Overall schedule is good, closes at 6pm. No weekends or holidays
Cons
Constant focus on labor made it difficult to provide customer service
Stressful
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2018
My hours were horrible due to me being stuck in morning and evening traffic all because the days were long and they needed me to stay longer due to short staff. Plus you're not allowed to park in the parking lot of the school. They provide a parking garage 15 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BUILDING. Rain or Shine, Cold or Hot, you will still have to walk 15 mins from your car to the building. The Directors LOVED to have favorites in the staff and pretended that they didn't have any. Not to mention, I rarely see my Director because she loves to take vacations every week. I wasn't allowed to leave early when my family needed me or enter at a later time when i requested it due to family matters. They wanted me to clock in at a certain time or as they like to say "When needed". They also DO NOT want you to pass 39hrs every biweekly because overtime was NOT acceptable. If you were overtime they either 1. Make your lunch break longer or 2. Come in at a later time.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the kids and working with the kids. It was the most fun. My co-workers are very competitive and a bit stuck up. Especially the ones who've worked there for years. A job is a job, right? They do not care if you love it...
Pros
Kids
Cons
The walk to the building, Management, Staff, Hours, Pay
Hectic and stressful
2 year old teacher (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 10, 2018
You don't get paid nearly enough for what you are worth. Management and corporate don't care about you. The center is very stressful all of the time. Overall I would not recommend this place to anyone.
It can be rewarding to work with children, but...
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham Heights, MANovember 10, 2018
I joined Kindercare originally hoping to be in an environment where I could help children grow. It was that, very much so, and I got to see children grow because of the things I taught them, and for a while that made me very happy. But the way that place was managed was what I wasn't able to handle, so I left.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Poor management
Management doesnt care
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHNovember 9, 2018
Management doesnt care about you at all. All kindercare cares about is the money they are bringing in. Moving up is extremely hard. Raises are terrible.
Terrible place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 8, 2018
Management is terrible, teachers don't work together and are out to get each other and don't care about following regulations. There are clicks among teachers and management favors some teachers over others. Pay is terrible with no chance of raise or overtime. Management doesn't help you when you need it and are highly critical of you. They act like they want what's best for the kids when they really could care less. They don't take time to tell you how you're improving or what you need work on. They don't care about the teachers. Mess up, and you're fired.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss