KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Use to love this place
PREKINDERGARTEN LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2018
I loved working for KinderCare. I loved seeing all the beautiful kids everyday and growing such great bonds with their families and all of my students. But after a while i have realize KinderCare doesn't care about its employees. Our pay is very little and the benefits of having our child there isn't much. I love being a teacher and I love knowing every day i am changing a child's life. I just wish KinderCare would care more about their employees especially since we are the ones in a classroom every day doing the real work.
Pros
Changing kids lives
Cons
KinderCare doesn't care about their employees
KinderCare
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2018
KinderCare is an ok place to work but the pay isn't the best. I love what I do just wish the pay was more. Great learning experience love working with the children.
Pros
working with children and families
Cons
pay
Horrible
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55410August 14, 2018
I would be working hard and long hours without breaks at times. If we were sick or throwing up at work we were forced to stay there and work through it. We were treated horrible and I would not recommend anyone going or working for this company.
Pros
The kids and families
Cons
everything
Great place to work, like a family
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 13, 2018
KinderCare is a wonderful place to work. The relationships between the teachers, and between the teacher and families, are very strong and welcoming.
The hourly pay is low, but the benefits are very good.
Friendly Work Environment
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAAugust 13, 2018
The work place was good. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. I learned good time management. Management was good accept when you needed a day of for an appoint or something important it was like pulling teeth.
Pros
Great people
Cons
low pay
Wouldn't Recommend
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYAugust 13, 2018
Kindercare cares nothing about their employees, but making money from families. They don't take employee concerns serious, there is no room for advancement in the company and they pay close to nothing for an immense amount of stress. Not worth it.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Working with adults who act like children
A very productive work place where kids learn many different things
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 11, 2018
Kindercare was a good place to work all the workers provided a fun loving nurturing environment for all age groups. I would recommend people to send they child to kindercare.
Pros
You get to meet many different families.
Kindercare only values profit
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 11, 2018
Corporate brainwashing at its finest! I expressed my concerns with a superior on how the company doesn't hold the educational standard it promises to provide, and I was told that it's how corporations run things. Corporate office will come in and throw you a cookie. How about better pay and proper staffing?

They don't or take forever to provide supplies, which boggles me since every teacher is required to follow a kindercare developed lesson plan. There are no appropriate reading material, I spent a lot of my personal time going to the library. Reading is also extremely important to ece! Management is a joke. No guidance from the director or higher up. The worst thing of all is the hostile work environment. Management would talk about other teachers and pit us against one another. No responsibility. No organization. No morals. AVOID THIS PLACE!
Pros
Children, benefits
Cons
Everything else
A Complete Mess Internally
Portland Oregon- Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 10, 2018
Very little structure and extremely disorganized. I was there for four months before the attendance policy was explained to me. Zero training program. I also had one manager telling me something and his boss telling me another. Not a stable experience.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Extremely expensive healthcare while paying a non-living wage.
Unfair
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beach Park, ILAugust 9, 2018
I worked in the beach park Illinois area and it was a nightmare. It's so hard to get a raise because they'll tell you they can't afford it but you'll eventually find out that employees working there longer than you are either making what they started you off or are making less.. they will hire new people with no experience and they'll be making more money than what you started. You ask for hours, they won't give you more. They'll have you floating around everywhere. They are so desperate for people because everyone eventually realizes this place is so trashy. Management was so bad that two times we were working without a manager. Management is so hard to reach even when parents are trying to contact them.... Do yourself a favor and don't work here! Not for champions
Pros
Your get paid on snow days
Cons
They treat you like trash
I worked in the infant room.
Texas - Infant Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at KinderCare. I worked with the infants which I dearly loved. I was in charge of 10 infants (along with one other teacher). I provided excellent care for the babies I cared for. Caring for ten infants with one other teacher was very challenging. I loved the babies and their families.
Pros
Working with infants daily.
Cons
I feel the pay should have been more considering we cared for 10 infants to 2 teachers.
Rewarding
Teacher - Toddlers (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 7, 2018
Working with children of age can be challenging, however it is incredibly rewarding. I would have liked more help from management as I was put into a teaching position I was unqualified for. I do, however, understand the stress of managing 100+ children and employees/teachers. I would recommend this childcare facility as a starting point for a career in early childhood education.
Pros
Face paced, rewarding, clean environment, curriculum provided
Cons
Low pay, stressful
Fun and can be alot to take in.
Lead Teacher Toddler Room (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2018
I love kindercare. I want to make a future with them but right now its hard to picture that but dont let this stop you kindercare is about education so if you love teaching than this job is for you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No steady teachers
Co workes and parents where great
Lead Teacher Pre-K (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 7, 2018
Parents of the children where very nice and appreciative to the teachers, My coworkers always assisted in what was needed and we all helped each other throughout the day.
Pros
Loved the parents and children
Cons
Manager wasnt nice
Productive and education environment
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, NJAugust 6, 2018
A wonderful place to work and grow and help with a child's education. Wonderful benefits and great management. I had the amazing opportunity to educate children in many subjects,
Great company, the worst management
Lead Teacher, staff training. (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2018
working for 2 years, the management is really bad, the don’t care about children. Only in how looks the school, the curriculum is overwhelming for the teachers, and only if you are friends with the management you can grow in the company, If you are a good teacher the used your talent but when they don’t need you anymore they fired you for a reason like , “ you not are a good fitting for the company “. Or the management start to cut your hours, until you finally decide to leave the company.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Poor management
ok job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 3, 2018
the company really use to be a good company back in the day but over time the quailty have went down plus a lot of them ran out of busniess so i think dares a money problem in this company
working at kindercare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 2, 2018
While working at Kindercare, I learned a lot about the children and staff that I worked with on a daily basis. Management was very challenging sometimes to deal with and the staff that I worked with were very professional and made each day enjoyable with different twists and turns. The most enjoyable part was seeing the children learn new things and get excited.
Poor Management and higher ups didn't address issues
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 23, 2018
I was pushed out of my beloved job that I worked hard to get. The director of the location was rude and had no clue what she was doing. She had numerous employees quit in a short time span. District and Regional managers as well as Human Resources were of absolutely no help with the situation.
Pros
cute kids
Cons
management, difficult to get time off, a lot of overtime, understaffed, no ability to plan as a teacher
Very stressful and long on organized days
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2018
This was a very stressful place to work with management being so unprofessional and lack of confidentiality and a lot of catty women talking about each other and parents and kids I would never recommend anybody working there or taking their children there
Pros
Able to take off when needed to
Cons
$100 a week for child care each child of yours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss