KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Fun place, no real leadership
NA (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 11, 2019
Fun place, most of the kids were great..some parents not so much...
Management heavy into motivation with zero follow up on promises. Classes were constantly out of ratio (not enough teachers daily), very clique-oriented, lots of negative gossip. Favored staff took time off at will, while others (sometimes ill) were forced to take up slack. Child got hurt? Unless a major injury, parents never knew. Employees usually happy to go to work- much happier to leave!
Pros
Fun kids, some neat parents
Cons
Took much gossip, not enough attention paid to the children.
Terrible management
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 30, 2018
I don't know if management gets stressful from their supervisor. However, is a lack of communication, help, they have favoritism for those don't do anything, they just walk around the building or just sit in the office to talk with the director or assistant. Management doesn't keep anything to them. Sometimes you tell them something personal and they tell everybody in the building. You can't talk to the director because she starts crying and then is your fault because you make her cry. You don't get your 40 hours of work they always send you home. They only give it to the people they like(people that don't do anything).
I think if have better management the place can be better.
Pros
Good dental insurance
Good at first
Assistant Director / KinderCare (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INDecember 5, 2018
Company was good at first but overtime the corporate lost sight of what was important. I was in management and we were all treated horribly. One member (5 years with company 3 in management) was forced to resign because of unfounded reasons, another (14 years) was also forced to resign because of conflict with corporate management. I stayed long enough to help parents feel comfortable with all the changes but needed to leave because of a lack of work-life balance or respect for efforts put in.
Pros
Associates Degree Paid for, Tuition Reimbursement, Child Care Tuition lowered
Cons
Lack of respect, long hours, no help from corporate, minimal days off
Poorly managed and directors did not truly care about the children
Teacher/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  31st Street Tulsa, OKDecember 3, 2018
In the month I was there, the senior and assistant directors did not treat employees fairly. They were more cliquey and high-school like than company leaders. They paid one teacher more than others who had been there longer and she rarely did her own job. And it seemed as if they were uncomfortable in their company positions, and also did not genuinely care for the children, only the money.
Pros
good benefits and employee discounts
Cons
poor management, low pay, little or no breaks
Money hungry company that prentends to focus on children, families, and employees
Teacher and manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 9, 2018
KinderCare Education is not for anyone that actually cares about people. There are so many negative remarks that could be made, but the highlights are overworked teachers that are way underpaid for the expectations of center managment and upper level managers. Turn over is high because training cannot be done due to short staffing and general lack of care from those supposed to train, just another warm body! Parents concerns are not taken seriously and just "swept" under the rug. Ratios are broken all the time with the knowledge of management.
This could go on forever, bottom line, dont work here!
Cons
Company that is not focused anything other than a profit
Funny managers and unfriendly co-workers
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 18, 2018
KinderCare Education (KCE) was at first a lot of fun to work for but then I started to realize how unsupportive the teachers are a new employee learning the routine for each and understand the culture. The management never gave me the training to be a successful teacher and also promised me I would be a teacher, but then moved me out of my classroom because my co-teacher was being very unprofessional toward me and turned me into a floating teacher/teaching assistant for the rest of the time I worked at KCE.
Pros
Cute fun wonderful families and children
Cons
Unfriendly coworkers and management never gave me the tools to succeed
Terrible place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 8, 2018
Management is terrible, teachers don't work together and are out to get each other and don't care about following regulations. There are clicks among teachers and management favors some teachers over others. Pay is terrible with no chance of raise or overtime. Management doesn't help you when you need it and are highly critical of you. They act like they want what's best for the kids when they really could care less. They don't take time to tell you how you're improving or what you need work on. They don't care about the teachers. Mess up, and you're fired.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Kindercare
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHNovember 4, 2018
Working at Kinder care can be Great but very stressful. Sometimes you have assistance and other times you are left to deal with things on your own. You can only be paid okay if you have a bachelors or more, but even then you are not paid enough. The atmosphere can be fun and crazy but there is alot for you to do as well. Even though you are not supposed to, you have to take your work home and work off the cliock because other wise your room will not be up to standards and wont be one of the best rooms. You do more than you should for the little pay but working with the children makes thing worth it.
Pros
fun, creative environment, lovable chidren
Cons
low pay, stressful. assistance half the time
KIndercare is awful
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  YakimaOctober 24, 2018
This was one of the worst jobs ever. The management is over worked and underpaid which causes them to be stressed and take it out on the employees, you dont always get your breaks on time if you even get them at all and you are expected to stay late without being asked . You are always stressed and getting yelled at for no reason and never have the materials you need to do the job. This is an awful work environment and you would be crazy to apply
You'd get paid more to work at McDonalds
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MNOctober 18, 2018
If you are a parent who can't afford child care with out a discount, then by all means, work there, it's $100/week if you work for them. Other than that, the pay is terrible, and you get stuck there because you can't afford to leave because you can't afford to pay for $350+ a week. I like most of my co-workers, but every center is 99% female, which means it's like a High School.
Pros
Discount, free food, love the kids, 1 hour breaks
Cons
Healthcare is terrible, it's drama, pay is the worst.
Not a place you want to work if you want to feel valued
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 29, 2018
Very unhappy with the way things turned out. I took a toddler teacher position with the promise of moving up to assistant director when it became available. I began training then was not given further opportunity to move up. In the end I left on my own, too corporate and they do not value experience.
Pros
Nice campus and benefits
Cons
No value in staff
Poor pay and upper management
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 15, 2018
I was hired to be an assistant director due to my experience and schooling. I quickly learned Kindercare did things their own way and the upper management such as the regional directors did what they wanted to do. No one listened or cared about the employees or the children they cared about the numbers. The pay was not good for what they expected. Well under the average for this position. I even had to take breaks in the middle of the day so I could still open and close the building. This meant 12 hour days and no overtime. It was too much for my own sanity and my family. I hope it gets better, but it is still a large corporation that does not care about the people.
Pros
The teachers i worked with
Cons
Hours, pay, lack of respect
Preschool teacher
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 12, 2018
There wasn't a lot of consistency with the rules or even with the schedule. the manger is a nice person but seemed over worked. I loved working with the kids and being able to build good connections with the parents. the company in general does a good job with giving you lesson plans. its a corporate ran company and it does show. some rules that are made are for the bigger facility's and its frustrating to deal with it a smaller setting. If you like working with kids though you'll definitely get tons of that.
Don't bother if you have a degree
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2018
KinderCare CAN be good way to start off your career in early childhood development as a TEACHER but, if you go to school, get your degree, and work hard to try and get promoted, think twice. You'll have to at least transfer for an open position or relocate. There's not too many positions for you to move up..even though the pay is lower than your worth. Even then, when or if you do get promoted, the position you get will not compensate you for your experience in school. It's all about networking yourself to top (even if you DON'T have the qualifications), in that case, sucking up to your managers and anyone else above you. If you don't get promoted, good luck in being a lead teacher for 20+ years at $13 an hour.
Pros
Health benefits, being around children vs. adults, making friends
Cons
Low pay, hostile environment, they cut your hours when it's slow!!
Abusive environment for Staff
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 4, 2018
This company was a nightmare to work for. There was no opportunity for growth, terrible pay, no raises, long hours often without breaks, no room for a personal life, high stress, lack of support, abusive management, run down dirty facility. Supplies were lacking at all times.
Pros
The children
Cons
Horrible pay, No raises, Abusive management, no support
Great work place
Lead Toddler, Infant 2 Teacher, Cook (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHOctober 3, 2018
PRO: This Kindercare is a great place to work when i was there. I had three amazing admins. This was my first job after moving to Ohio. I was there for three years. I always went above and beyond for my job and my center. There early always on time stayed late when needed.
CON: I was never looked at as a leadership possibility. I wanted to advance in my 13+ year career and i never was given the chance there. They didn’t show appreciation to those that worked hard and always had their paperwork done on time or stayed late.
Pros
Friendship amazing families amazing kids
Cons
No advancement.
Go to another company who cares
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake arbor MdOctober 4, 2018
The directors at the center are very wonderful but the company sucks the pay is sooooo ridiculous anf u get change for a raise they want you to clean bathrooms take trash out through a back alley and pay you something that you cant even survive off and when the director told her supervisor that several of her staff members are looking to leave for lack of pay kindercare response was oh well let them leave we will find others who will accept this pay and want to be over worked and under paid .
Pros
Children and directors
Cons
No janitors/the head teacher pay sucks/
Eh
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2018
Management and coworkers were pretty ok, pay sucks and hours suck. Communication is lacking and it’s a very fast paced high stress job. Great for temporary however would never consider it a career move. Changed my college major less than 6 months into being employed here from an early Childhood major to something different as this left me very jaded.
Pros
40 hours a week, kids, great insurance
Cons
No raises or opportunity for advancement
Bad experience
teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 27, 2018
I started working here in September only lasted for 1-2montgs because of my son and I health, my manager was always out of ratio when it came to teachers so even if you were sick you better be in or you have a chance of losing your job, the first week my son got a cold then I caught it, next I got pink eye because a co-worker had it and was forced to come in yes she received eye drops for it but you are suppose to wait 48 hours so it's a lack of cleanliness when I caught it I told my boss I have and she made me come in regardless. Employees are forced to come in while sick doesn't matter how bad because the center is always out of ratio. Me and my son had a new Ilness everyweek. My last straw was when he caught hand foot and mouth disease and I had absolutely no one to take care of him for me and next thing you know I'm not working anymore.
Lack of management, communication, and teamwork.
PRESCHOOL ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 8, 2018
- No proper training and no support for the new employees__ once you are hired, you put to work straight away.
- Children are very wild and disrespect due to poor curriculums, bad management, and high turnover rate of teachers.
- You won't get overtime paid because your work schedule's always changed, for example, if today you work 1 hour overtime, tomorrow you are asked to have 1 and half hours lunch and leave work early.
- Some of the seniors take advantages of the new employees by asking to do more cleaning in the class and bathroom. There was no support from the center director when you reported it, those who stay longer are always right.
- A lot of drama and more childcare providers but not teachers.
Pros
401k, health vision and dental insurance, childcare and employee discount .
Cons
Poor management and teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss