KinderCare Education Employee Reviews

Former employee
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 21, 2018
Left because of there was no chance for promotion. Directors gossip with teachers and there was no confidentiality. I loved the families, and the center was school like.
Don't work for a shady company
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Worked here for almost 13 years than became a center director. Management could care less about the staff or the Director. They put you on salary so you can work your heart out with no appreciation and not have to pay any OT. It doesn't matter how much time you have invested in the company. Management is only focused on getting their bonuses than walk into centers when it benefits them.
Pros
Child care discount
Cons
Lack of management support
Starting point for working with school age children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2018
It’s a starting point to get experience working with children and honing teaching skills After school is challenging because it’s late they are tired, hungry and want to go home so they are very uncooperative
Pros
Director is very professional
Cons
Rowdy students
Awful place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I worked at KinderCare as maintenance tech. The worst company to work for. The work they wanted you to do for the pay was awful! Some directors were understanding but majority were totally unprofessional. Fired me after coming back from vacation, when I was told when I come back were going to sit down and discuss my schedule. Permanent schedule!!!
Pros
Van
Cons
No gratitude, no support
Stay away
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Do not work here. Not only is this the most unprofessional company, they don’t follow rules and their centers are beyond filthy. They must hire the most DUMBEST people to be in charge. I’ve been working in childcare for over 10 years and Ive never experienced a more grosser, unorganized, filthy place. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
So much, read above
Okay place to work
program specialist/asst dir (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Need more director supervision and knowledge of how to run a center. better teacher quality and education. more parent to staff interaction that is beneficial to the children.
Pros
meals
Cons
low teacher quality
Horrible don't ever work here!!!!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
I worked at this company for about 7 years and I was not ever promoted to a higher position or offered any positions. I feel that the director of this company doesn't try to move up her staff.
Pros
Cons
No hours, rude management staff, high turnovers, district manager is not for teachers
horrible place to work or bring your children
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  WashJanuary 5, 2018
I worked at KinderCare for approximately a year and a half. I started part time as someone to release people on their breaks. Employees do not respect the appropriate break times and then breaks would get behind and people would complain (typically the people who take long breaks). Eventually I was given the opportunity to come on part time for giving breaks, and part time as an assistant teacher. I proved myself and was given the title of assistant teacher and told that I would continue to grow in the company. Year later and no benefits, no paid time off, no title changes, I had to quit for that and many other reasons. The biggest reason I left was because of the lack of respect from management. Every employee there was treated as 'less than' and any simple requests we made were never granted. If we wanted to do something to encourage the development of student learning it always came out of our own pockets as we were rarely if ever reimbursed.
Pros
Long lunch break for full time staff
Cons
Management, often missed breaks, lack of support.... the list goes on!
My bad experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  , VAJanuary 4, 2018
favoritism, no real benefits,. Lack of training, no real activity planning, forced breaks. The Director is very rude parents complained about his attitude.district manager won’t listen to the teachers or any one the complaints .
What I learned
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 3, 2018
Working at KCLC has provided me with knowledge on the do's and don'ts for a childcare center. There were many occasions where I had to learn how to operate the job through practice rather than being trained on the particular obstacle; which is not necessarily a bad thing. Overall, I have learned how to become even more of a leader through this job opportunity.
Horrible work place!!!!
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 1, 2018
I would not recommend working at Kinder Care. Horrible compan, corporate does not care about there employees or the children, only care about the money. Always out of ratio director always moving kids up, kids are always crying. Understaffed too, very low salary. Company does not pay us enough the employee we deal with a lot of attitude from parents!
Pros
Discount for child care
Cons
Unpaid lunch break, lack of director, always out of ratio
inconsistency is constant
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 17, 2017
fast paced and constantly changing to fit business needs, thus a constant fear of layoffs is part of the daily norm.

for an education company you would think that development and training would be a priority, however. the only time you get training is for state required compliance and development is trial by error.
Pros
childcare discount, collaboration with other teams
Cons
no development or training offered
Kindercare
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 16, 2017
Understaffed--So everyone is overworked. Can't take a day off without feeling like you're making everyone else work three times as hard. Stressful environment made worse from bad kids and difficult parents.
Pros
good pay
Awful
Teacher (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 9, 2017
Management was awful, lack of communication, favoritism, no real benefits, demanding.. just awful. Lack of training, no real activity planning, forced breaks, look elsewhere!
5 year employee
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 6, 2017
I've been employed with this company now for 5 years. I have been in a few, very good centers, they are out there. The majority of the time I have been in ones I would never even dream of enrolling my child in. There is little to no room for advancement, you are paid minimum for maximum work, and the caddy drama is insane. Bad management and poor scheduling. Finding a schedule that allows you to work 40 hours a week is nonexistent. I have been actively searching for a new career path for the past year.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Having to go there everyday.
Many aspects of working with Kindercare Education were good. Upper management was inadequate and unprofessional.
Management (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 5, 2017
Working with schools, site staff, and families was great. There were many unprofessional and unethical decisions and work being done by upper management and when reported to corporate for assistance and to help foster improvement, staff members were harassed and mistreated as well as pressured.

Strong and dedicated staff were not recognized and many resigned due unchecked upper management issues and treatment.

There needs to be better 'checks and balances' at local and regional levels to ensure staff treatment and retention is adequate. Remote and long distance personnel was supportive and strong but regional management was inadequate.
Pros
Corporate Level Support Personnel; Benefits
Cons
Treatment by Management; Obvious Nepotism at Local Levels
Never work here
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 5, 2017
Sad to say this place doesn't care about the kids. I don't care about if they like the employees or not. they have no regard for the children that come here they are nothing more than $$$
Pros
Cons
everything
Awful management, awful place to work overall
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sharon, MADecember 3, 2017
Awful place to work overall... management would be at the top of the list for the worst... No structure whatsoever, management has no control of the place... constant lies, staff is unsafe, irresponsible. Working at kindercare is like being in high school all over again. Negative environment and the staff is NOT good to the children. I wouldn’t recommend working here nor allowing a child to go here!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay, management, staff, safety
Face paced and chaotic
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 2, 2017
I left KinderCare with lots of new knowledge and self growth as an individual. I do not have regrets working here, just will never work in child care again.
Pros
fun with kids, laugh all day
Cons
co workers, boss
Do not bother not worth it
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  PANovember 30, 2017
Waiste of time, bad management. Liars tell you work full time and get. Less then 32 hours. Dirty cluttered no cleaning staff. Shows favorites to some and if your not on that list you get a bad schedule. Unorganized. I wish I could have quit another job for this.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KinderCare Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5