Kindercare Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,979 reviews matching the search See all 1,994 reviews
Foot in the Door
Toddler Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 16, 2018
Working here was really stressful and not really worth it for the low pay you receive. The kids are adorable, so if you are interested in teaching or working with children, it is a good job to get your foot in the door. A lot of the people I worked with here went on to become public school teachers.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 16, 2018
is the children and the families that I interact with on a daily basis

I teach Learning adventures (Phonics, Cooking, Music and Math)

The feed back that I get from the children and their parents is awesome--love--love my kiddos
Upper management was rude and inappropriate wirh staff. Did not know policies staff were expected to folloe.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 13, 2018
I was paid much less than teachers with less likely ducation in order to syaff classrooms. Company is about making a profit not about the education of the chldren and families or the staff.
Must love kids in order to work in this job field
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 13, 2018
A typical consisted of following a schedule based around the needs of the children. Workers can not go over hours so they are given breaks based on what is needed so that this does not happen. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with a large amount of hyperactive toddlers.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks: long breaks
Cons
understaffed
fun place
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 12, 2018
I loved working here at first and still love all my families and children but with the management I no longer can work there. My coworkers are great and I love working with them.
Overall good place
Assistant Teacher Toddler (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAJune 12, 2018
The managers are pretty easily to get along with, but sometimes not so much the employees. For the most part I did love working there until the end of the time and then it got worse.
fun place but can be stressful
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNJune 11, 2018
Pretty easy job. Can get very chaotic and management cares more about bottom line then much else. You are encouraged to eat lunch and snacks with the kids though and you get to play games with them,
Fun experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT 06484June 10, 2018
I enjoyed the relationships I built with the families. They entrusted me with the care of their children. I loved walking in to my room and having all the kids run up and hug me.
It's okay
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2018
If you really need the money go for it but if you don't and want to grow in child development, this is not the place. Too many children and not enough teachers. They almost always keep you past the time you're supposed to be off but they don't do overtime, they'll just give you extra time for lunch. I've seen way too many teachers coming and leaving. They're never on time for your breaks and sometimes they'll forget about you. Management is really bad, you gotta be their best friend in order to have good treatment otherwise it will suck. The pay also sucks, normally you start at minimum wage and they won't give you a raise unless minimum wage goes up. Honestly the only reason I stayed longer was because the children.
Pros
Children
Cons
Everything else.
Fun work environmemt
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJune 8, 2018
Management is very friendly and so are the staff. Curriculum is easy to follow. Fun environment. Room for improvement. Benefits are wonderful. Cook is delicious.
Stressful environment
Co-Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2018
Always had to watch your hours extremely closely...they don't like to give overtime. All of the teachers had trouble getting relief so that they could get a bathroom break. The administrators eavesdrop on conversations and then call you in to the office to try to catch you at something. They are more worried about their reputation than the happiness of their employees. Very low pay for the type of work expected.
work environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 5, 2018
I love the children and families. Everyone in the building puts the children first. The director should not have personal friendships with the staff, it causes problems between the staff members.
Pros
Great families
Cons
directors is not always fair with the employess
Infant Teacher
Group Supervisor/Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 4, 2018
I have learned so much from being in the infant the past several years. Learning the different schedules of each unique baby is probably the hardest part. Once you have that down pact it's smooth sailing.
not a great job
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working with the kids i loved the big playground to run around but management was not supportive and it made it a difficult place to work.
Pros
the kids
Cons
management
A good starter job
Certified Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 3, 2018
This job is fast paced. We strive to enhance the learning of the children while taking care of their daily needs such as diaper changes, potty training, nutrition and sleep. We find unique ways to teach them their firsts: talking, walking, recognizing colors, numbers animals, etc.
Pros
love the kids
Cons
underpaid
I would not recommend this place for employees or parents
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2018
Pay is low and employees have little education. Staff turnover is astronomically high. Children are dollar signs. A one size fits all approach is handed down by corporate, and that is expected to make all centers successful. Employees are often told to leave early when student/staff rations are down to save money. There is no custodian, so teachers are forced to sweep, mop, do laundry, and clean their own classrooms and other parts of the center.
Pros
None!
Cons
To many to list
Constantly changing work enviornment
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMay 30, 2018
Because of the constant inflow and out of children and employees you must be willing to change your day to day experiences including but not limited to... scheduling routines ext.
Pros
exciting and rewarding
Cons
unstable scheduling
Poor Manegment
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMay 30, 2018
I enjoy working with Kids so it was unfortunate that the general management was lacking in reliability, enthusiasm and communication. probably a better part time experience.
Tough place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 29, 2018
I worked for management so I learned how corporate worked. We were not given enough labor hours so we were constantly short staffed and over working staff members. Another great way for me to broaden my experience, but definitely not a company I want to work for ever again.
Pros
Great curriculum
Cons
too much overtime
Great group of children, not so great management
Floater/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYMay 27, 2018
Working at KinderCare was a learning experience for me. I enjoyed working with most of my collegues and the children. The management team wasn't the greatest however. A typical day for me was to never be in the same room ever. I was a floater at one point and discussed at the time that I was not comfortable working with babies. For whatever reason that's where I was most of the time.

I was also placed with the toddlers, and they have loads of energy and are just about as scary as babies. Each day that I went to work I never knew where I was going to be or for how long I would be in the room for.

I also worked another position at another job, so when I had to leave I was always running late.

I did enjoy interacting with the children, they're very insightful and honest. However there were days that I did not enjoy, such as when I needed to be at my other job at 4pm, but the management wouldn't find someone til almost 3:45pm. It takes much longer to get from one location to the other than 15 minutes.
Pros
Interaction with children, teaching, helping teachers, some nice co-workers
Cons
poor management, favoritism, not being allowed to get out on time for 2nd job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindercare Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss