Kindred at Home Employee Reviews

Found 1,539 reviews matching the search See all 1,543 reviews
Friendly work place
HIM Externship (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 22, 2018
I was at Gentiva Hospice as part of ,externship for my degree.for school. Everyone was very nice and took the time to show me things related to my field of study.
October 23, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Do not work here
A R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 22, 2018
Do not work here unless you want to get stuck . And you just want a job.There is no room for advancement or fair treatment . Working here is like attending high school again a lot of favoritism and special groups of bullies to keep staff in line like a prison . HR does not care if you report people nothing is done. Nobody cares and if you are not favorite you will never get treated fairly.Worst job I have ever had as a adult . Had to leave just to advance in career .
Pros
Something relax far was work
Cons
If you are person who does not do your work this is the job for you . No accountability
October 23, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

Bad place bad people only focus is money
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 17, 2018
not a good company - no direction, no support. just work work work. It didn't matter if you haven't slept in 32 hours you were still expected to start your next day on time, and be totally professional. No concern for the giant potential for a medication mishap or employee's driving safety.
October 18, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred at Home

Miserable Place to Work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2018
Everything about working for this company is miserable. Profit is the key goal of this company and patient care is the last. Nurses are treated horribly. They are overworked, disrespected and taken advantage of at every turn. The supervisor and management staff are rude, unsupportive, lack empathy, and lazy. I wound't recommend anyone to work for or with this company.
October 17, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred at Home

I love my job
Home Health Aide / Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hope, AROctober 11, 2018
I love my job because I can help others with thing's they can't do, or I can help do it! And they work with you if are late just make sure you call the job and your patient.
Unstructured
Registered Nurse Case Manger (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 11, 2018
Limited work for some. No development or sharing of territories. Certain RNs may not be scheduled as many visits as others. Great group of field nurses. Support from office could improve as well as communication.
great co-workers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 9, 2018
good company. excellent and thorough new hire training; supportive staff; a lot of paperwork; spent many hours completing paperwork at home-not paid.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
tons of paperwork
Nice place to work just not paid enough
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Booneville, MSOctober 2, 2018
Not a comfortable place to work always worried I am going to make a mistake. I have been here over 9 years only received 2 raises but work is constantly being added to me.
October 3, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

Large Company
Clinical Home Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 1, 2018
Kindred at Home has an amazing opportunity to be a true Employer of Choice but lacks solid Sales Management to provide a supportive environment for growth. With improvements in leadership, KAH could make large impacts.
October 2, 2018

poorly operated
RN Case manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 1, 2018
Was a lot of favoritism and poorly operated by staff in different positions. Meetings were sporatic at first. Often didn't know what I was doing day to day. Lack of communication.
October 2, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Would you be willing to reach out to us with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

Needs some work
Clinician Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 28, 2018
There are many aspects that go into a successful work culture/environment. Kindred is lacking some of those aspects. I was responsible for scheduling, payroll, intake and billing. The field staff, the best I have ever had. Kind, caring, compassionate and helped as often and as much as they could. Home health is stressful in and of itself, however, one person cannot take on the job duties of 4 people when the patient census is over 320. Personal cell phone was constantly ringing, inundated with work calls, after hours, before work, and on the weekends. It was invasive, and unprofessional to be called, as a non-clinical person, all hours of the day, night and weekends with my family. I spent close to 10 years in home health, and this place was the last place I will ever work in HH. Being a national company, I would have hoped for a better work environment, and had the inmates not been running the asylum, I would have definitely stayed forever. Just an overhaul, streamline and more staff, better attitudes and feeling more supported by upper management would have lead to me staying. I wish the best for all those there, and truly hope this office can come together. My immediate supervisors were really cool, and helped alot. If I had had one more person helping, it would have made life ALOT easier. If I was told, "hey, you'll get phone calls this weekend as a scheduler,". Fine, no problem. But, all in all, my family comes first, always will. I wish the best of luck to those there now, and truly hope that issues have been worked out. I miss my coworkers, and I miss the fast pace environment.  more... Best wishes to all  less
Pros
Wonderful field staff
Cons
personal cell phone never stopped ringing, very high workload, felt like I was sailing my own ship alot
September 29, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. We would appreciate the chance to talk to you about your concerns so that we can prevent this from happening again – the impact of sharing your concerns is key for the future experiences of other employees. If so, I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you can remain anonymous by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred at Home

Kindred at home offers personal direct are with patients.
Home health case manager (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARSeptember 25, 2018
Could improve work environment in office with office staff. Allowing all members of the team to be involved in the hiring process as to talk about candidates with current staff.
Kindred culture is all about the bottom line. They don’t give a hoot about their employees.
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 24, 2018
I loved the facility I worked at. Build great Rehab team. Great facility staff to work with. Management at Kindred terrible. Women trying to make s name for themselves so very rude, demanding never appreciated what you did. Being middle manager extremely hard to please people above you and then please your staff. Hard to balance especially when you didn’t agree with how upper management wanted you to treat the employees.
Pros
Staff I worked with.
Cons
Upper management, productivity standards unrealistic, no raises, newer staff made more money, you were expected to work over 40 hrs a week. Married to my job.
September 25, 2018

Great team atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  MSSeptember 22, 2018
Kindred is a good place to work. My days are often very busy and I have a variety of tasks that I perform from billing, new hire setup, data entry, payroll processing, ordering office and medical supplies to IT support. I love working with the various administrative, clinical and upper management employees. I love what I do and my only disappointment is that the company has been bought an sold a few times and the entire staff has not been given annual raises or cost of living adjustments.
Pros
Team atmosphere, good hours, good benefit options
Cons
lack of advancement for non-clinical employees, no annual raises/reviews
Typical Day
Advocate for Nurses and patients (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Again, I would travel to the office, get my assignment for the day, and continue out in the field to see patients. I would then continue home to do the documentation that needed to be completed. I would make calls to patients for the schedule and follow up for the next day. I learned that there is a misinterpretation of Home bound status among the professionals that work there. Management does not enforce this misinterpretation. The hardest part of the job was long hours and travel over 3-4 hours a day . The most enjoyable was seeing the pt.'s in their home.
Pros
Managing own schedule
Cons
Company was not following Medicare guidelines
September 21, 2018

Productive environment, busy, never a slow moment. High turnover of new employees, possibly due to lack of training or education process
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
Could work on retention of long term employees and education processes for new orientees. Needs more standardization from branch to branch. Great benefits and case load of patients are never a problem.
Pros
productivity, benefits
Cons
becoming more business driven, less concerned about employees
Playing games
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MS 39180September 18, 2018
Traveling and leaning new things, joyable time is takeing care of patient. Hardest part is being able to help the patient more , mangement was great, work place was fine.
September 20, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Problems with my Time Card.
Home aide worker (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
I ask Management to fix my Time Card sheet and they refuse to fix my Time Card Sheet. I told them that I work that Day but they told me it is clock in the system and you will not get pay on that Day. I feel that management need to be more flexible with the Time Card Sheet. I told them to talk to my clients and they refuse to get conformation that I work that Day. They have been messing up my paycheck for three years now. The clients are wonderful to work with us every day. They make the job wonderful but Management is still missing up my paycheck. I missed the old management because they called to check up on me and fixed my time card sheet 2015 and now I cannot get my Time Card fix and I cannot get pay correctly.And please increase the hour rate for Home health care workers please.Thank you.
Pros
Clients are wonderful!
Cons
Management is not fixing my Time Card Sheet.
September 20, 2018

Good company to work for
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 16, 2018
Great education opportunities. I’ve learned a lot of skills that you don’t have the opportunity to see in a hospital setting. Work load is heavy though. Many hours spent working on charting at home
September 17, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

September 17, 2018

Extremely Poor Management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 16, 2018
We went thru 4 executive directors in 2-1/2 years. Kindred NEVER gave raises. There were employees that had not received a raise in over 3 years, yet management would bring in new employees with no experience at a higher rate of pay than those that had been there & were cross trained for multiple roles. We were always short handed & always expected to work extra & do whatever it takes but loyalty & dependability were never rewarded (i.e. new employees were hired at a higher rate of pay than those giving their heart & soul daily). Worst upper management structure I have ever experienced & they could care less about the employees. They suck the life out of you then toss you away. They expect you to come in early or work late to cover the workload then cheat you out of overtime by sending you home early (or making you take a long lunch) on a slower day. I complained to HR but they are overworked also & they are only there for the best interest of the company not the employee.
Pros
Decent hourly rate for the area
Cons
Management sucks
September 18, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight