Kindred at Home Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Excellent Executive Director that sets the culture
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 21, 2018
I am very pleased to be at Kindred at Home in The Villages branch. This company has high standards with an emphasis on ethics and clinical excellence. I am supported as I grow in my role. I work with talented clinicians who are team-oriented. One of the best things this branch has going for it is the leadership. Our branch director is an outstanding leader.
Pros
Excellent orientation program, many other pros
Cons
For full time staff, patients must be seen, so they may have to go over their weekly 30 units
May 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

We appreciate the positive feedback! We encourage you to take this two-minute survey and share why choosing Kindred was the right decision for you. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITd

Local patients would benefit from a closer alignment between company and branch culture /goals.
MCP/QA (Former Employee) –  South CharlotteMay 20, 2018
Great company. Great area/ regional leadership. Great sales and intake teams. Great BD. Some of the most dedicated field staff I've ever known. Great office staff that goes above and beyond. Great opportunity to gain experience from an industry leader with an innovative focus. Branch culture could use much improvement.
Pros
Great opportunity to work for an industry leader.
Cons
Branch culture
May 21, 2018

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Under New Management
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2018
First 3 years and 6 months were a dreams. The major changes in management infrastructure and everything became discombobulated and cut throat. Everyone who was allowed to keep their jobs were no longer treated as a person but an expendable, replaceable object. Immediate supervisor unable to deal with stress and yells and cusses and acts very inappropriately on WebEx phone calls and emails. There’s a reason so many are jumping ship but no one seems to care. It’s devastating to see what it’s become.
Pros
Pay was exceptional, decent benefits & vacation
Cons
under horrific management now
May 21, 2018

We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and the only way we can grow is to learn from our successes as well as our failures. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience and concerns from working with us. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Great company that values its people
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 18, 2018
Kindred invests in its people. It provides comprehensive training that is useful, accessible and ongoing. Leadership is supportive and available. Departments work together, instead of against each other. Everyone works towards achieving the same goal. It is a business, like any other, and focuses on the numbers, but the work environment was always enjoyable.
May 19, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to provide the best support to our Kindred team members. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITd

Workplace Environment
Recruitment Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 15, 2018
While having the autonomy to come and go as pleased; the office environment is polluted. Workplace bullying runs rampant, and while known, is not stopped.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Office environment is toxic
May 17, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Visit patient in their homes
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 14, 2018
physician orders post hospitalizations Oasis charting and medication management. Care for approximately 30 patient in case management. Clinical independence in the field
Pros
independence
May 17, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Very dissapointed in Kent wa branch
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 13, 2018
Have been working for years for Gentiva then kindred at home. No job advancement, things are getting out of hand when nurses leave and they cant find new nurses to stay.you job is always threatened if you don't do extra for nothing! You will be lucky if you are part of the "click". They have certain people that they favor, always prais. It happened that these people are the same people who work unethically and its all known. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. I regret for all the years I gave no matter how hard you work, they will not notice it.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Benefits, no raises, low base pay
May 15, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Work with excellent clinicians
Manager of Clinical Practice (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 13, 2018
Not given the opportunity to grow within the company. Under constant scrutiny from upper management with little support or encouragement. Staff felt they were targets from corporate with no positive input
May 15, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Very nice agency to work for
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 13, 2018
Kindred is a good agency to work for, you are hired Per Diem but, they give lots of hours. Manager and staffing coordinator are very nice, no complaints so far about the company.
Pros
Plenty of Hours to work, they work around your schedule very flexible
Cons
Position is Per Diem, no benefits?
May 14, 2018

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 7, 2018
Assisting patient with ADLS, in the comfort and privacy of their home, with compassion. Loving my job is the enjoyable part. The hardest is when a patient just give up
May 9, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

Great co-workers (if they stay) but poor leadership.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 26, 2018
Hard to do a good job when turn over is so high within administration (4th Executive Director since my hire date) and clinical staff. Communication is fragmented and inconsistent regarding policy and procedures. I've been at this location for 4 years and have NEVER received a formal annual review, a COLA or merit increase.

Leadership is great at saying "we are trying to make things better" but what is missing is an action plan. Lately, the focus has been about our branch's CMS Stars ratings versus really recognizing and acknowledging staff for their hard work.
Pros
Patient population and co-workers.
Cons
High turnover, no COLA or merit increases, substandard benefit package.
April 27, 2018

Terrible place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2018
The administration cares only of the numbers. We are working with people who are dying and the pressure to admit patients with lack of care and end of life care. No support from management, no investment in their employees. The company will spend more money for training but no investment time or appreciation of work.
Constantly asking you work weekends with no compensation or time off. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Run from this company. You are immediately placed on performance review if you are not meeting your numbers.
Very cut throat and your counterparts are not ethical nor loyal.
It is the most horrible experience I have ever encountered throughout my career.
April 27, 2018

Depends on the Service Line you work in
Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 21, 2018
My service line management will need some overhauling before things could get any better. They don't seem to mind making your job harder and harder by laying off all your staff. Though, they still expect the success of your location to increase.
Pros
Nationwide, a lot of opportunity; staff
Cons
Upper Management
April 24, 2018

Very stressful, constant changes
PT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 20, 2018
Run away as fast as u can. Working for home care in Seattle area is very stressful with kindred. Unethical management, lots of gossip and threatening. High turnover, no raises, poor orientation with poor pay. Ur job will be threatened if u started to complain to upper management. Unrealistic expectations and constantly changing forms/regulation. Again really poor management. Compliance hotline is a trap.
Pros
Enjoyed serving my community
Cons
Poor management. No raises, unethical
good balance of work and life
UR coder (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2018
benefits are comparable of other companies, direct supervisor is great, upper management changes recently, love my job and what I do, seems focus changed to growth instead of sustainability
benefits
Cons
job security
April 21, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

company closed
Personal Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, NVApril 19, 2018
great job for someone who loves the elderly too bad the company went under in mesquite i learned a lot anenjoyed the time i was there got attached to a lot off my clients
Has potential to be a better company if management would stay.
Full time/PRN LVN (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 16, 2018
The company has changed directors 4 times in the 4 years I have been employed there.
An expectation of the job is to be available one weekend out of each month even if there are no clients scheduled. When being on-call, you are expected to go out at any hour if the client raises a big enough complaint. Here’s there kicker...you don’t get paid unless you do visits. You don’t get mileage if you only see one client or if the clients are 4 hours or more apart from each other. There is no standard rate for being on-call. No visits means no pay. Your entire weekend for no money.
April 21, 2018

Wonderful patients
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 10, 2018
Due to recent management turnover, I feel that this is a good time to find another position with a company with whom I can learn and grow.

I am not happy about having to leave my patients. I have become close with them.
Pros
Patients are wonderful, coworkers are amazing
Cons
Management turnover, little trust in upper management
April 13, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

less than 20 hrs/week
April Erlitz Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 31, 2018
I didn't get enough hours, so I had to leave for a job where I could work more hours. the company didn't have enough clients in the area where I ive.
April 1, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Unprofessional
Home Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 30, 2018
The management in the local office is very unprofessional. There is a lack of tolerance for people who are considered “different”. Too much gossip and attempts to ruin a person’s reputation instead of working. Management neglected to address issues and allowed it to get out of hand. The benefits were good, but I still have not received my last pay check for expenses and corporate will not return phone calls. I would not recommend going into this environment.
Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional environment
March 31, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight