Kindred at Home Employee Reviews

Found 1,652 reviews matching the search See all 1,661 reviews
I love the agency In Gaffney
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMarch 19, 2019
Everyone is friendly and I work for an awesome team! Everyone works together and stays in touch about each patient. Very good communication. I love my job and the people that I work with!
Pros
Good pay and you plan your own scheduling.
Cons
Patients can get low sometimes.
Too big of a company to care
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2019
no support advancing in company
Uninterested managers and supervisors
Company branch moved out of town and was even harder to access to.
No benefits.
As personal care assistant you are on the bottom. When you are working with clients that are building the company, you should be respected with good wages and
support from the management.
Ultimately, the value of their clients is paralelle in comparison to the value they put on their personal care assistants. This in return shows that they do not care. The whole Home Care "Industry" is a crying shame and needs a total overhaul.
When you can make more money walking a dog than taking care of a human being something is completely wrong.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Underpaid
this job was the best ever!!
Manager of Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed working with the pastor and as a volunteer coordinator. I loved this population of people but the position was only part time. My supervisor offered to train me but did not so it was a self-learn position.
Pros
nice team
Cons
no training
Great Home Health Company
Branch Office Manger (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2019
Caregivers are treated great! Flexible schedule and fantastic team to work with. Decent health care benefits and 3 weeks paid vacation. Great office location.
Pros
decent vacation time
Cons
no raise in 3 years
Not paid well
Nurse (Current Employee) –  King, NCMarch 18, 2019
perform initial start of care, constantly doing work even on days off, no work life balance. Orientation could be alot better, micromanagement, pay is horrible, too much put on nurse case managers
Pros
Cons
poor pay, poor benefit packages
Good place to work.
Payroll/Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 18, 2019
I was let go due to company downsize and my position was no longer needed. The company was a decent place to work. Management was not the best people to work with.
Kindred
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOMarch 17, 2019
Kindred, out of all the places I've worked, is my least favorite. As a Personal Care Assistant I was considered a part-time employee, but work more than full time hours. As a part-time employee i didnt not qualify for any benefits, was expected to work holidays, did not receive any paid time off, nor did i recieve overtime pay. Since you will have multiple clients it doesnt count as over time.
Pros
Some clients are absolutely wonderful to work for.
Cons
Lots of restrictions, some clients can be rude, and sometimes clients send you away and you wont get paid since you didnt qork those hours.
Horrible environment!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 17, 2019
Management horrible! Secretaries only complained about nurses not doing their jobs so busy complaining they could not complete task! Turn over is extremely high.
Pros
Cons
Company full of liars
March 18, 2019

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

great culture
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2019
would not be fair to review as it has been awhile since working there. the time spent working the was enjoyable and the culture was always inviting.....
March 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your feedback.

Be careful
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bmt,txMarch 14, 2019
Families will try to manipulate you. As an Attendant you're not a maid. Im there to provide a service to a person who cant care for themselves. I know policy but you can get fired because if a family dont want you in there home the there goes your job.
Pros
Decent part time work
Cons
Low pay
March 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred at Home. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. We can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home

Accounts Receivable Analyst
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 13, 2019
A typical day at work included running cash received for the day. Once a week we would run trends and once a month we would have to run conference call reports for the branches we collected money for. Then you would work your queue unless your supervisors gives you "other" work that he/she needs to get done. Unfortunately they have unrealistic quotas for some people. Otherwise it still is a decent job.
Wear and tear on your car, clients aren't guranteed,
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 13, 2019
paid training , i lost clients and needed more hours that weren't met i still haven't heard from them. overall great for a startt out job not long term, great if yu have kids
Pros
benefits, free cna classses, free gloves
Cons
manager is inconsistent
clerical
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 12, 2019
I did clerical work on a daily basis, answering phones, faxing if needed helping the schedulers if needed, I would upload plan of cares and orders into the system to the correct patient. I would verify payroll daily.
Great training
RN-Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2019
You will get as much time as you need before being sent out into the field. A lot of online learning modules and you are exposed to every position so that you understand what they all do.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Hostile and manipulative work environment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2019
Great place to work if you like being lied to, left in the dark, and going with no raise for 4 years. Is bought by another company every 8 months. Good employees are not kept for long. Management changes annually.
Pros
Cons
Unappreciated. Very poor work life balance. 4 days off a month.
March 15, 2019

Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. We can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

quality home health care
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pell City, ALMarch 9, 2019
Great PTO policy, pay is reasonable for the work, each branch is different, mine had small town family feel. Everyone gets along and communicates well with eachother making life easier.
Pros
flexibility of schedule
Cons
paperwork!
Poor
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 9, 2019
There is little to no communication among management. They are disorganized and do not seem to value their employees. The high turnover speaks for itself.

No hours
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 8, 2019
Horrible place to work , I’m full time but no patients so I got no hours therefore can’t pay my bills . Then you get patients they refuse. They always want therapy so really they don’t need a hha in that office
Pros
Pay
Cons
No patients, no hours, unorganized, poor management
March 15, 2019

Management- was a "closed door manager"
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMarch 7, 2019
Management - never had time to answer questions. Very 'belittling" at times. Very clickish - spent most of the day outside smoking, No teamwork. More focused on quantity and not quality.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Positive place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 7, 2019
Great place to work with very caring staff.
Many opportunities for advancement and broad range of nursing skills to enhance your level of practice. Manager’s always take the time to discuss any patient concerns and problem solve.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight