Kindred at Home Employee Reviews

Able to advance my management skill set through mentoring and structured trainings
Area Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 17, 2018
Extensive travel involved (3-4 days/week). Developed coaching skills and was able to coach 'up' several underperforming sales staff. Good work environment and sense of teamwork. The company followed all Mcr/Mcd guidelines related to hospice care.
Good
Reimbursement Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 16, 2018
I love the relationships I have formed here. We are a family there. It's nice to have a Supervisor that you can talk to when you need help with anything.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No merit increases in 2 yrs
Marietta office not ethically run
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 16, 2018
Rehab team was a good group to work with. The office on the other hand was stressful, petty and micromanaged. I left this company after being told several times not to use my clinical judgment and witnessing other unethical behavior escalated my concerns to upper management and compliance with no response. It only goes to show that the upper management and compliance group were complicit with unethical behavior and poor treatment of their revenue generating employees. The documentation system is ancient and burdensome. Each new regulation that comes from CMS is answered with some retrofitted, convoluted solution. At team meetings right after they tell the staff that they are doing a poor job, they throw on some other redundant documentation requirement. Kindred does offer a high per visit rate but I spent 10 percent of my time doing meaningful treatment and 90% of my time scheduling, documenting, dealing with managers that just cared about the bottom line and their bonuses.
Pros
Sweet as pie patients
Cons
Poor management, burdensome documentation
Wonderful place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Monticello, arAugust 15, 2018
Excellent pay if you don’t mind traveling. You must be a self starter. The job is very flexible. There is a lot of paperwork but it is all on computer. I enjoy spending time with the patients. It is a very rewarding job.
Pros
Pay, work independantly, team nursing
Cons
Driving
Wonderful people to work with.
CTC - Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 14, 2018
Home health is a wonderful service for the community and I enjoy being part of that. I have met the nicest people to work with. We don't have enough staff to cover the patient census.
Great Experience
PPS Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Working for Kindred was a great experience and i was able to learn a lot and am looking forward to applying all that I learned in being successful elsewhere.
Toxic culture, focus changes constantly, management doesn't care about ee's
Area Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 10, 2018
The culture is very toxic and turnover high. Management changes focus very often and puts profits before patients and ee's. Leadership is poor and only "yes people" are promoted. Operations doesn't respect the sales side of the business, and in many areas operations is a major obstacle. Company has cut benefits and arbitrarily cut annual bonuses AFTER they have been earned, while CEO and other executives receive multi million dollar bonuses. Ownership has changed hands several times last 3 years and each transition has made the organization worse. No 401K match and benefits are very expensive with high deductibles. Poor work/life balance because of unreasonable expectations. Only bright spot is compensation higher than peers.
Pros
Compensation higher than similar companies
Cons
Health benefits, retirement benefits, toxic culture, poor leadership
August 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Mel B, Community Manager, Kindred Healthcare

slow relaxed
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 9, 2018
Mostly taking care of client and helping them through their day. Relaxed slow paced at times must be able to preform household chores. Okay to start a career entry level does not have competitive pay however if you are willing to work the hours can kind of make up for the low pay.
Home Health Care Agency
Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 7, 2018
It is a very large corporation and there are pros and cons to working for such a large company. In my opinion there were too many mandatory webinars, meetings and weekend long work seminars that cut into time to complete other responsibilities.
Benefits
Cons
Employees were just a number once company was purchased by Kindred at Home
Positive
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 6, 2018
My working experience was positive. The employee's were easy to work with and kind. My boss was very accommodating and understanding. The patients were also kind.
August 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Not too bad of a job
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 2, 2018
Nice company not much room for growth needs better compensation. Has flexibility with hours and pretty understanding when it comes to children. Some opportunities for growth and pay would be beneficial.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Compensation
August 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time to complete.

Unprofessional Culture
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHAugust 1, 2018
Extremely unprofessional, and hostile work environment. Every aspect of this program needs to be revamped. Employee relations training is an absolute necessity.
Pros
Helping families
August 3, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

Excellent company
RN on call, MCP (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 1, 2018
I have worked at Kindred for over 3 years, I have enjoyed my time with my coworkers and managers. Our office is like family. We have excellent patient care and teamwork. Management wants employees to excel and offers advancement opportunities. I love my job.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

Good job opportunities
RN (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work. Have been an employee for over nine years and have always found support and career advacement. It is demanding, but it offers many opportunities
August 2, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

Great People
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2018
The People working with me are great! we just didn't have the Patient intake to keep the OKC office open. team is amazing I would work with them again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great People, Nice Patients
Cons
not Enough Patients, Low hours
August 1, 2018

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

Good place to work. No raises/Poor Insurance
Revenue Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 26, 2018
Good management, great team orientated atmosphere. Not micro managed as long as you do your work. Comfortable setting and hits a nice balance of work load.
Pros
No Micro Managing, Good environment
Cons
No raises, Poor PTO, expensive Insurance
July 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred at Home

Great leadership
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 20, 2018
My local Kindred office is a great place to work. The leadership always shows appreciation for their staff and team members, i.e. Social Worker, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist and Nursing staff are excellent team players.
Pros
Leadership shows appreciation for their staff. Great team work.
Cons
Like anywhere else, benefits could be less expensive.
July 23, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission!

Productive and fun place to work
Central Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35226July 18, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. All employees were great to work with and when ever i had a question, they were always there to help me. The atmosphere was a little crazy at times but nothing to worry about, it was a good crazy.
July 19, 2018

Provided Compansionship
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2018
i provided companshp for ailing client while providing household duties as needed by client as well as any other requested duties she needed or requested
July 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Poor management - should allow 0 stars rating
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJuly 13, 2018
Home health is very competitive and having upper and middle management ignore employee concerns is prevalent all over SWFL. They are inadequate, undertrained, and enjoy being on their phones and drinking together more than helping their teams succeed.
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
unrealistic expectations, high turnover, very poor management
July 15, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight