Kindred at Home Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Squeeze every last penny from Medicare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2018
Definitely not about the patients needs. You chart, chart and chart more so the company can squeeze every last penny from Medicare. My boss wanted us to always schedule out for the whole 9 weeks even if the patient didn't require it. I would end up discharging patients early for meeting their goals "like you should" and would definitely hear about it. Why you ask? Because it's all about the money
Pros
Salary
Cons
Worst documentation reviews ever, . Poor Management, All about profits
June 17, 2018

Greenville NC Branch
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 16, 2018
This facility was complete and utter chaos, a bunch of people incapable of managing anyone have been put in charge. No structure whatsoever, everyone runs around like they dont know what they are supposed to be doing, management walks around with no shoes on like its a trailer park, numerous unprofessional conversations and remarks made. scheduling is complete chaos, staff is so low that you get stuck doing things that shouldnt fall on you simply becuase management doesnt want to do it. Nobody stays long, most quit within 3 weeks of starting. DONT WORK THERE!!!!
Pros
payed every week
Cons
management, untrained staff
June 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Kindred at Home
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 15, 2018
There is no room for advancement because I'm not an RN or PT. The job is fast paced but a relaxed work environment. I enjoy working with the clinicians that take care of our patients.
June 16, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at Kindred! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2018
I am still employed at Kindred. I enjoy my job and fellow employees. Good communication within company. We are required to participate in ongoing training. I appreciate it because it enables me to be more knowledgeable in my job. Also, flexible schedules allows me to work when I am available.
Pros
Varied schedules
June 16, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We believe it is absolutely crucial to support our caregivers and always keep our patients and their families successes as the goal of our work.

challenging
Manager of Clinical Practice in (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
worked for Kindred for 20 years in management , good and helpful group of people to work with on a daily basis, enjoyed when the office would participate in community events
June 15, 2018

Thank you for your dedicated service and kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

poor upper management
Clinical Team Coordinator/LPN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2018
Undergoing a lot of changes within the company making it very stressful. I enjoyed the job itself, but the company is undergoing many changes and upper management is not supportive of middle management and personnel in operations.
Pros
good benefits package and paid tme off
Cons
upper management poor

Relentless and thankless
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 10, 2018
Training was videos and a few weeks of visits with other nurses. Then Oasis gets dumped on you and you’re up all night charting because they expect paperwork to be turned in the same day, which is ridiculous. Managers correct charts differently which is very frustrating. We get emails and phone calls and are expected to do corrections all day while driving around trying to see patients, sometimes with no signal and on dangerous roads. There is not nearly enough support from the office. RNs are expexted to do everything and get dumped on daily. There’s just not enough hours in the day. NO work/life balance. All management cares about is paperwork and productivity, not whether you’re happy with your job, which none of the RNs were. There is a ton of redundant documentation because of company policy, not state regs or CMMS. The pay “seems” great, but doesn’t justify the amount of work or offset the hours spent. They don’t get it, and they don’t care. And they will continue to churn and burn RNs.
Pros
Pay?
Cons
No work/life balance, ridiculous expectations
June 11, 2018

We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and the only way we can grow is to learn from our successes as well as our failures. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience and concerns from working with us. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Able to work one on one with patients, able to adjust own scheudle
HOME HEALTH NURSE (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJune 10, 2018
Excellent way to help patients on individual basis, to help coach and teach them to a better life style. Able to set your own schedule to accommodate patient's needs and employee needs.
Pros
Able to set own schedule
Cons
Weekends and holiday work

caring field workers
Branch Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2018
large company opportunity to work with community and seniors in their homes the goals where to help seniors to stay in their home very good caregivers
Pros
flexibility and able to manage your own schedule
Cons
not much room for advancement
June 10, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

There was a lot of teamwork among the team.
CNA, Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 8, 2018
Wonderful team work among the RN's, LPN's, CNA's, and therapists. There were many times employees went above and beyond to insure that the patients received the best care possible.
Pros
Therapist helped me work with patients to insure safe showers.
Cons
Driving every day to far away distances.
June 11, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITd

Nice place to work
Manager of Clinical Practice (Supervising Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
Kindred has always treated me very well. They do have good perks such as tuition reimbursement. There is always room for promotions and they like to promote from within
June 7, 2018

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

great company
Behavioral Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 4, 2018
I enjoy working at Kindred at home. It is a flexible working atmosphere you learn so much in a quick time. You work peers are always offering help and helping you lead the way.
June 6, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

the most enjoyable part of the job
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 30, 2018
Get to help others. As well as its a step toward working in healthcare for a student. great for people who need a flexible schedule like over night or swing shifts. I believe that the pay is kind of low however they do give you lots of hours if you have your own transportation.
Pros
set schedule, can work with interesting and fun people.
Cons
at times can have difficult clients
June 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

Salary
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 28, 2018
Low salary for foreign workers and documentation is very stressful. Mielage reimbursement. 15 days of PTO. It’s an okay company overall but will most likely transfer after.
Pros
Time offs
Cons
Stressful documentation
May 30, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Take the next bus out of town
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMay 26, 2018
I will start with training..There was nooooo pay for training ughhhh ..And they rushed through it like it was an inconvenience....Keep in mind please ,I never participate in these sorta reviews..But I couldn’t help myself with this one ..I’m not trying to be evil here ..But they could care less about their employees..which led me to think if they don’t care about that ..then how are they treating out patients in which I truly have a very huge heart for!!!They have no problem calling you when your with your patients and going off on you because you messed up on paperwork in which puts you in a mood in front of your clients and at times their families being present..it was very humiliating to say the least ...I’ve been doing home health for years ..this is by far the worst experience ever ..And I might add the pay was bottom period ..please think wisely before you fall into a trap ..Oh and promised hours NEVER came
Pros
A few office people were friendly
Cons
Unknown schedule everyday
May 27, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

personal care assistant
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 25, 2018
I was able to help with house keeping, laundry, meal prep, assist with bathing. and errands. I loved the fact that I was able to have one on one time with clients.
May 29, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Huge management turn over!!
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 24, 2018
I worked for this company for several years. It was great when I started. Since then there has been some huge changes. Management doesn’t care about you. There is hardly any work. At full time you are to get 25-30 visits a week. Plan on 5-15. They do not provide raises - they claim they are on a freeze for giving raises. There has been so much turn over especially in management. They want you to fix things from three plus months ago as far as documentation. Not because it was wrong when you did it because since then they have changed something- and No they don’t pay you for the extra work. I do not recommend working for this company especially if you depend on having work/ making any money.
Benefits
Cons
Management, lack of work, lack of care for employee, no raise
May 25, 2018

Wrongfully Terminmated
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Hired a Lawyer
Truly you would laugh at this entire event.
The Cover up was very apparent,
There was no training at all for the locations
As management was out of state
Pros
Tools given to do your job
Cons
Dishonest Boss
Excellent Executive Director that sets the culture
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 21, 2018
I am very pleased to be at Kindred at Home in The Villages branch. This company has high standards with an emphasis on ethics and clinical excellence. I am supported as I grow in my role. I work with talented clinicians who are team-oriented. One of the best things this branch has going for it is the leadership. Our branch director is an outstanding leader.
Pros
Excellent orientation program, many other pros
Cons
For full time staff, patients must be seen, so they may have to go over their weekly 30 units
May 22, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

We appreciate the positive feedback! We encourage you to take this two-minute survey and share why choosing Kindred was the right decision for you. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITd

Local patients would benefit from a closer alignment between company and branch culture /goals.
MCP/QA (Former Employee) –  South CharlotteMay 20, 2018
Great company. Great area/ regional leadership. Great sales and intake teams. Great BD. Some of the most dedicated field staff I've ever known. Great office staff that goes above and beyond. Great opportunity to gain experience from an industry leader with an innovative focus. Branch culture could use much improvement.
Pros
Great opportunity to work for an industry leader.
Cons
Branch culture
May 21, 2018

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight