Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 2,908 reviews matching the search See all 2,933 reviews
Amazing Place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2019
An amazing place to work. I am a new employee. I am so impressed by the practices, patient care, and kindness of all the employees. This is how a hospital should function. Everyone provides exceptional care and gives 100 percent and then some. The team work is fantastic. All in all a wonderful place to work!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
None at this time
February 15, 2019

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!
Thanks,
Mark M., Director,
Kindred Healthcare

Employee parking lot
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2019
I worked night shift at Kindred hospital and it was quite the experience of working in the ICU unit. The patient's beds were located very close to the monitor technician station. We shared a small desk with the nurses and physicians. We were expected to watch the monitors as well as the patients and the patients rhythm. Which was difficult because we were to concentrate on the monitors.
Pros
At orientation we received gifts
Cons
Having to work very close to patients even if the were in isolation
Fun and Productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2019
I only work there PRN as needed. I work there at night don't know much about company don't offer much to a candidate like me. I only work maybe 1or 2 a month
Wonderful place to work
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 13, 2019
I enjoy working for kindred. I have been in pharmacy for 19 years and have enjoyed everything I have learned. Looking to work from home as my health has deteriorated
Pros
Free breakfast, free sodas, free lunch on Wednesday
February 15, 2019

We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

do not trust management
bed side clinician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2019
we had an exceptional director then for no reason he/she was gone. the interim cco(never met) we were told had a part for this along with the eco. they have no loyalty
Pros
retiring soon
Cons
ceo cco dqm and other leadership or office cliques
February 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Worked there for years. It is exactly as i describe. It is in no way a great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2019
It is a highly stressful environment. I was definitely treated unfairly. I got a great deal of hostility from mangement. I was not free to speak my mind. I was constantly threatened with my job. Management never has your back. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. You work yourself to exhaustion and get no thanks. Forget about team environment. They look at you like you lost your mind if you ask for help. If you are not part of the "old girl" network you will never succeed. You are constantly worked against by management and insiders to give you the hardest assignments. The CNAs hide from you and refuse to help you. The other nurses trash all over you. It's fair to say reverse racism is at play in the Rivieta Beach facility. The CEO changed 4 times when I was there because they hired one Natcisist after another. Management tells you everything is your fault. You get crazy, busy assignments every single day. No one gives a hoot about patient safety. Your license is constantly at risk. Worst job I ever had.
I would only work there if I felt there was no other choice. It is a miserable place to work. Check your self-esteem at the door. Almost anything is better than this place, especially with ths nursing supervisor they refuse to fire. A true Borderline Personality Disorder.
This thing doesn't want to accept my answers. It keeps telling me to add more information. I wonder what is really going on here? Look for a different place to work for the love of Peye. Do yourself a favor.
Pros
Pays pretty well
Cons
Worst job environment i ever had in 20 years of nursing
Enjoyed working in the Laboratory
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2019
Enjoyed working with my coworkers and in the department. Management was consideration and caring. The work was challenging and rewarding. I felt needed and respected.
February 14, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Very stressful
Clinical liaison (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 11, 2019
As soon as I started my director fell ill. I was sent to training but they focused more on sales v/s rehab qualifications and lingo. The managers bullied you and criticized everything. The pressure was always on to find and bring in business. I was not trained well at all and learned only by making mistakes and made to feel stupid. I was talked to like a child and bullied daily. The stress was so much that my last day I ended up in the ER. I am not a job hopper and stayed at one company 21 years. I tried my best to stick it out and in the end they won. I ran screaming and never looked back.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management or lack there of
February 14, 2019

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Very intense work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Very intense work environment. As a relatively new CNA, I was looking to learn. This place provided a great environment for that. The patients are critically ill and I was exposed to patients on ventilators, frequent codes, Feeding tubes, NG tube, sterile procedures, picc lines and pretty much every medical deficit one can think of. Because the patients are on average longer-term, caring for the same patient over time allows you to experience his or her improvement. It also enableds you to see what happens when a patient does not improve, a harsh but necessary reality. Death was very common, and difficult to get used to. To find something positive in that- even as a new CNA, I gained a lot of experience being assigned to the code team. It gave me a real life experience doing CPR on multiple occasions, something a lot of techs and even RNs do not get to experience. I left this job purely due to the difficulties the schedule posed on my family. As an environment in which to learn and grow as a care provider, I can’t imagine much better. They definitely place trust in their employees to handle things. Most of the management staff was approachable, and my fellow employees were almost all helpful and supportive of one another. The work culture was generally a positive one. Almost everyone understood that each person working in that building had a tough job. I do want to thank the management and staff at Kindred Central Tampa for the support they provided.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, great learning environment
Cons
Old computer charting system, Extensive worklist that requires a ton of flexibility, assignment changes mid shift
February 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your feedback.

Good For internship and externship
Patient Care Technician/Home Health Aide [Extern] (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 9, 2019
As a Patient Care Technician , i mostly took care of patients that had trouble moving breathing or need help with their daily living skills, either helped them prepare their day with there daily motion exercises. Also assisted with bathing.
February 13, 2019

Turnover = low moral
Pharmacist PRN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2019
With the high amount of turnover it is difficult to understand expectations. I have worked with 8 different CEOs the past 2 years. This place does have potential but they need to work on the quality of prescriber interaction with the medical staff and patients.
February 8, 2019

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Mark M., Director, Kindred Healthcare

good company
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 6, 2019
they divested themselves of long term care i would have been happy to remain an employee if able. Good management and facility leadership. Staff support was available as needed.

home health
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ALFebruary 5, 2019
It was a fun place to work, cause it was home health, and you got to meet new people, and helping them with house chores, and listening to there stories of the old days.
Pros
listening

Kindred
Charge Therapist in LTAC setting (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked at Kindred for app. 5 years. I was the charge therapist. I did ICU, floor care, ventilator management, Rehab, intubation and worked in a focused care unit. In the focused care unit it was a nurse and a therapist that totally took care of four patients. We crossed trained to share job duties. It was a wonderful place to work. I really enjoyed the LTAC atmosphere. I was supported with good upper management. The culture was positive and provided good patient care. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours with a small child in school. Which is why I had to find other employment. The most enjoyable part of my job role was the rehab portion. Seeing patient come in on a ventilator and being discharged not on a ventilator.
Pros
patient care
Cons
hours
February 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Staff Nurse
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  St Anthony PlaceFebruary 3, 2019
Pay was good. Management was fair and approachable. Hours good. Work load too much. Redundant requirements in documentations. Staff is not friendly most of time due to hard work load.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work load
February 12, 2019

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you.

Goid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 1, 2019
Loved working with all my departments we all had a family like environment I would have still been working if I hadn’t gotten hurt the company was very good to me and my family

positive work environment
Occupational Therapist OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 30, 2019
home health opportunity that was positive but not a perfect fit for me - i had appropriate support and learned alot about practicing and intervention in home based treatments
Pros
flexible
Cons
driving to rural areas

Like this job
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 29, 2019
When I first moved to Chapel Hill I was looking for a job couldn’t find them then I can loan you some I to tell me about kindred healthcare so I plan for an application get the job started off in the kitchen for 13 years I love the job
January 30, 2019

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Great learning experience with so many skills utilized
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 29, 2019
I have been an employee with Kindred for almost four years now. It has its ups and downs like any place. The difference between Kindred and the other hospitals around is that it is a smaller hospital and you get to know and understand one another. This can be frustrating at times as well. Kindred also is in the process of new management and they seem to actually be listening to the employees now and following through with what they say. The culture here is definitely starting to change from an “eat your young” to “see one, do one, teach one” environment with a lot of help along the way. There are also a number of opportunities to advance throughout the hospital if interested.
Pros
Management, Support, utilizing a number of nursing skills
Cons
Super fast pased at times
January 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.

High stress job. No overtime allowed but was needed.
Patient Care Representative / Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 28, 2019
During the 16 years that I did this job it changed owners at least five times. With each new owner there where many changes, including management, technology, job duties, co-workers, etc. This made the job very high stress and challenging.
January 30, 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kindred Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably