Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 2,781 reviews matching the search See all 2,798 reviews
wonderful employer!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2018
good employer, offers many perks. Treats employees like family. Would recommend employers to others. Have to leave due to death in family, or would probably still be there now!
Pros
fkx scheduling
Cons
too far from my current home
It’s ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 19, 2018
It’s pretty tough job, but you can get used to it and that’s when it becomes easy, plus it pays good, health benefits is really good, my bosses and coworkers are nice
Stressful, frustrating, and mismanaged
Certifed Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILOctober 17, 2018
Frequent schedule changes throughout the day create frustration and at times was embarrassing. Therapists are required to treat patients who are inappropriate to the rehab unit. The company is constantly increasing the documentation workload to an already maxed out day.
The hardest part of this job is trying to provide the best service to the patient and remain ethical under the requirements of the company
Pros
Enjoyed the setting
Cons
Stressful workload, borderline unethical practice
great staffing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2018
The floors were organized and overhead call system worked well to notify staff of any concerns. I learned to be a team player and was given great feedback in a timely manner as necessary. The management was supportive and caring. The workplace allowed for teamwork and nurses from other floors supported each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that most of the nurses were friendly and motivated for giving excellent patient care.
Pros
centrally located
Cons
no cafeteria
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 16, 2018
The most important and satisfactory shifts at work that are so remarkable and exiting to me are whenever I make my patients feel better or it feels great to be part the group of healthcare staff that accomplish on the patients improvements.
October 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

This place cares nothing about there employees
Central Business Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
The benefits are horrible and very expensive, the pay is low and there are no incentives but a bonus that you can receive.

This is a company there cares more about the higher ups and not the people who are actually doing the work.
October 16, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Job Experience
Medical Biller/Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAOctober 15, 2018
co workers were very supportive and worked together. the director at the time I was there was very unprofessional. the job requirements are very stressful. company dress code is casual.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Very nice coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2018
Really appreciate the time I’ve spent here met a lot of good people. People are so understanding and always will to help. Never a dull moment at Kindred
A company that doesn't care.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2018
High stress, Low wages, Poor leadership, and nothing matters except the bottom line. If you're looking for a dead end job where they will gladly overwork you look no further.
Pros
coworkers are as miserable as you are.
Cons
see above
Overall great place
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work management wonderful. Great atmosphere very organized. Just a wonderful place to work stress level LOW. I would highly recommend this place.
Corporate Staff Turnover
Admissions Coordinator/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
There were a lot of unethical occurrences with this company that resulted in corporate staff either being terminated or quitting which left the staff on site uncertain about job security.
October 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. You can contact us at experience@kindred.com or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835.

No time to eat lunch
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 8, 2018
The staff is very easy going. The only problem is that they always have more patients than what the nurses can take care of. So, at noon, most of the nurses end up not taking lunch
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
No time ofr lunch
October 9, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Stressful, understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northland Kansas City MOOctober 5, 2018
Majority of pts are total care 200-500 lbs+ unable to turn. Isolated contact precautions on nearly all pts. Most pts have trachs. Help is hard to get when short staffed especially weekends. All floors smell horrible. RN/LPN to patient ratio 1:4, CNA to patient 1:9 if full staffed, 1:18 mostly. Ratio based on 2nd floor med/surg having the most filled rooms. Small hospital not much offered for someone wanting to a large range of experiences or advancement. Pay needs to be better for how short staff it is and the patient care provided.
Pros
Decent coworkers
Cons
Hard on your back, easily overworked. No real advancement opportunities
October 6, 2018

Too many people trying to be bosses that are not.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 5, 2018
There is nothing wrong with the company, just very poor management. There is no team effort in the inpatient rehabilitation department with other co-workers.
October 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Horrible work environment
Director, Case Management (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 5, 2018
The higher level management team are vicious and retaliatory. They only care about themselves. The atmosphere is stressful and pits team members against each other.
October 6, 2018

great coworkers and patients, terrible management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
For years this was the best LTAC in colorado. Last 2 years drastic changes in qaulity of management, unsafe staff ratios. Benefits decreased including pay, shift differential, sick pay eliminated.. education poor to nonexistent.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, benefits, staff patient ratios

Typical day
Director of Quality and Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 4, 2018
Very fun place to work I was very disappointed when the hospital was sold. We worked hard but it was a great team and place to work. Each day was different.
Great
Discharge Coordinator/ Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2018
I personally work with a great team not including the most recent director it is a small family like feeling I would work with that team again if given the opportunity
Hard work little benefits
Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
Working at an LTAC is extremely difficult and Kindred doesn't make it any better. The work is difficult. They want you to work as a team and my experience is that most people do but it is difficult to help someone else when you are inundated with work. The raises stink and based on merit as should be. Management has "thier picks" and gives them good raises and will start "friends" at higher rates than nurses that have been employed at Kindred for years. You work HARD.
October 3, 2018

Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INOctober 2, 2018
Kindred was on of the best places that i have worked. the managers actually care about how you feel and they make changes quick. They are very organized and will go the extra mile to make thing perfect.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
love this place no cons
October 3, 2018

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss