Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States4,159 reviews
Found 4,159 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Kindred Healthcare selected this as a representative review
great experience love my coworkers
You work with people who are amazing at what they do. All of the staff is more than willing to teach you about what they do. You get to work with an amazing group of individuals. We all are more than willing to help each other.
April 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.
April 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service.
This place of work staff have no respect nor compassion for their workers !!! I had alot of run ins with people that wasnt in my department. Awful I would never wanna work for Kindred ever again!!!!! NO THANKS!!!! VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!
All what the Nursing leader does is fire nurses once he receives a complaint from thecrsupervisors who don’t like anyone with an accent
The male nurse Leader has little or no knowledge of managing healthcare personnel. He fired experienced seasoned professionals for no apparent reasons.
productive workplace
excellent quality patient care focused staff and medical professionals. Easy going environment . Enjoyable to work in. String core values. The 6 core values help keep this hospital unique to the quality care delivered .
Productive fun place to work
Fast paced and a variety of situations and patients to treat. Ventilator patients. Adults. Should be proficient with MBS.
9-10 patients to be seen for an 8 hour day.

The rehab team is amazing!

Staff are friendly and very helpful.

Everyone needs you!

Physicians, nurse practicioners and Physician Assistant are wonderful and respectful of the position.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
It is a great place to work. A lot of good employees work there. If you are looking for a great work environment I would go with Kindred Hospital. Kindred has always been go to me. They also carefor there employees. o
Pros
You lunch and breakfast discount/Raiss every year
Cons
Not to much room for advancement
May 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. - Chris B.
Unethical work place
With Rehabcare/Kindred Healthcare you typical day at work is to run. You cannot walk,you have to run at work. The management wants you to have 90% productivity which means you dont even have time to walk between patients. Many PTAs will clock out and document their notes just to be productive otherwise they will take you in office and bombared you with how incompatible you are. The management ask PTs to evaluate medicare part B patient and should pick them on therapy 5x/week. You have no choice to decide per your clinical judgement. You must do therapy for 5x/week, but then discharge pt once they run out of their resources, even pt denies you must do treatment.
May 27, 2020
We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, - Chris B.
Insurance sucks and that pay was low
The insurance sucks, patients load was heavy, pay was low, only Good thing was we was like family, but we close down the Tomball Location. Good luck.
Pros
Family job we all got along real good
Cons
Insurance and pay
May 27, 2020
We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, - Chris B.
No dor support
I was a DOR in their Irving, TX building for a while and all I can say is never again. They now require DORs to be 50% productive through most days I was 70% to 80% because we were always short due to high turnover so I had to treat while doing management duties. Nothing but pay cuts and berating from upper management even when it's out of your control. They've had a lot of resignations from DORs, just watch their job board and see how many times they have to fill the same position. No PPE for the COVID-19 virus saying if we want it we have to buy it ourselves. I should have know from the first interview with them as it took them 4 weeks to get back to me and it was the worst interview I've ever had with a company. My advice, find another company.
May 19, 2020
We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and the only way we can grow is to learn from our successes as well as our failures. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience and concerns from working with us. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you choose to remain anonymous. Thank you, Chris B.
They treat u like garbage ,u work yo butt off and people do not appreciate u at all and take yo life at risk 💯 wit this virus going around !!!
They are a horrible company to work for why they don't keep good help cause they treat there employees like dogs don't appreciate u at all,love my patients though always!!!!!
Pros
patients
Cons
Treated like garbage lied on !!!!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kindred Healthcare?
I love my job and the people I work with!
I love my job and the management is so helpful and friendly! As a PTA my productivity expectation is 90% which is attainable most days. As with all SNFs hours fluctuate with low census but you are able to work in other RehabCare buildings if you chose to for more hours. Since PDPM we are expected to do more group/concurrent treatment sessions, usually one per day so each patient is in a group once per week. I have worked for RehabCare for a little under one year and I have no plans to leave! I hope to work for this company and in my current building for many years to come.
May 15, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.
I miss this job!
Was a great place to work! Fun co workers and manager was more than fair. Facility closed in my location. Moved back to RI. There are other facilities across states
May 15, 2020
We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!
Great staff poor management
Great staff but sometimes poor management and lack of communication.
Everything falls on nurses responsibilities and less on management, respiratory therapists, and CNAs.
Learning Environment
A lot to do and learn. Will teach you to work on clinical skills and time management quickly. Everyone there is willing to help and teach you. Good place to start.
Dont work here!
Awful place to work. They work you to death and you expected to work overtime all the time. They harass you to come in because they are always understaffed and then expect you to do everything.
April 30, 2020
We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B.
Pleasant enviroment
I spent all but 6 yrs of my professional career at kindred. Hired in 1993 as social service director. In2013, that position was eliminated across the country, then worked as social work/case manager
April 30, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.
very busy learned alot
worked for 8 yrs there until bought out by kindred then went to productivity decrease in staffing little support from management and became more about making money than patient care a lot of employees coming and going
April 30, 2020
Learned alot, great nursing team, autonomy
Great learning acute care environment, promotes autonomy and growth within the organization. Team nursing environment, patient, and family-centered care. Management acknowledges and trusts the work of the staff
Pros
team nursing approach
Cons
low pay
April 28, 2020
They are okay.. I would works for them again
They are okay nothing exciting .. they keep you busy but they pay low. They use IPads for documentation which can be frustrating at times. When I worked for them it was tolerable because I had an Awesome Regional
April 28, 2020
Good
Great company, loving staff, great patients, flexible, great location, great great great , Great CEO, team oriented, salary is great, hours are perfect
April 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. Every member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.
Great people but some unorganized
Great people, but unorganized.......great benefits and time off...but once your use all your time; and there is a possibility of termination............
April 27, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kindred Healthcare.