Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 2,844 reviews matching the search See all 2,862 reviews
"Slave-Drivers"
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INDecember 8, 2018
The Nurses sit back and watch how well you work,and then they make you work harder. The only thing good about working at this place is the pay. Need more CNA's with skill.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Too many CNAs calling off.
December 10, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

I have loved my job at Kindred Healthcare
Manager of Field Accounting (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
I love my job at Kindred Healthcare. They ONLY reason I am leaving is due to the sale of their skilled nursing facilities. I have worked for them almost 13 years and would love to continue if an opportunity comes up.
December 7, 2018

.We’re glad you have had a great experience with us. Our employees truly are at the center of our mission.

Great work culture
Registered Nurse Supervisor/ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Work culture felt like a family away from home however management failed to recognize work-life balance. There was work overload and mismanagement of staff.
December 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive.

workplace
Charge Nurse/RN staff (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 4, 2018
Challenging workplace. Good place to start job to increase skills. Place focuses on respiratory care and wound care is great. Co-workers are always great to help each other out.
December 7, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission.

great place to work with great people
Chief Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 3, 2018
It is a great environment to work in with great friendly employees. They strive to give the patients the best care possible. I had a very flexible schedule to give me an opportunity to spend time with my family
December 7, 2018

They were ok to work pay sucked but it was ok they closed there doors or i would still be there
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2018
It was ok place to work it was close to my house nice staff nice clients they supplied gloves an did training paid I have nothing bad to say about them
Pros
Close good clients nice staff
Cons
Pay
December 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Hard place to work
Nuesing assistant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 2, 2018
I've been here many years as time goes on it has gotten worse nurses are not getting up to standard alot of new nurses who need more experience at patient care
December 3, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

great, fun, and rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WANovember 30, 2018
great company, team, and morale. team members worked together to come up with a flexible schedule. everyone was helpful and worked together cohesively to provide excellent patient care
December 3, 2018

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

A great place to work. Diverse. Great management.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed going to work every day. This is a place where you aren't micro managed. They were patient and kind. It took a little while but an employee becomes a part of a family at Kindred. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Kitchen with discounted meals. It's great when you're on a budget.
December 3, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

love this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INNovember 28, 2018
Have nothing bad to say about kindred in dyer and southpointe. loved loved loved it here. miss everyone, love everyone. hope all is well and they are enjoying work and their holiday festivities. keep up the great work
December 3, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Clean but working depends solely on census
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 23, 2018
Inferior, older X-ray equipment that broke down frequently. When you represent the department folks look at you for answers. Equipment breaks down all progress ceases and it’s difficult to be a skilled professional dealing with this same equipment problems siting having no budget to purchase proper functioning equipment. Low census which is often, no hours, shifts cancelled.
Pros
Clean, lunch vouchers
Cons
Regular equipment malfunctions

Miss this place
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTNovember 23, 2018
Kindred was a decent company to work for. The best thing about them was the education they provided. They did not staff that well all the time, but I guess most of the homes around do not.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback.

Workplace Culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 21, 2018
Usually fun! Due to patient load which could sometimes be a little overwhelming, all staff try to discuss employee fun matters round table and encourage new ones to join. We contributed for dinner every 4th Sunday among us.

Horrible
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2018
One of the worst places of employment ever experienced. Would not recommend for patient or anyone to work. Simply a horrible place in general. Managment the pits.

Great place
Physical Therapist Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 20, 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are a great team, excellent management. We are all still connected and will remain so. It is a great place to work
Pros
Cons
No overtime
November 21, 2018

Salesforce Administrative Analyst/Tester (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2018
Company takes care of employees and contractors equally, very good company to work,friendly environment, good management, work life balance, very good job culture
November 21, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at Kindred. Every member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

This is the best company that I've ever worked for!
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
Kindred Healthcare really cares about it's patients and makes sure to take care of their employees as best as they can. Each staff member is valued here.

Amazing work place
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 14, 2018
Amazing work place very welcoming. Staff is very caring and team oriented. Always willing to help each other out putting the clients needs first. Very safe and clean work environment.
November 21, 2018

good
PTA PRN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2018
good management, PRN pay was good. company demonstrates good communication with employees as well as providing training necessary for achievement. Good atmosphere and rewards employees for success

Experience
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, MONovember 13, 2018
This is a great company to work for and collaborate with professionals. Great way to advance clinically and professionally. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a stable caseload.
Pros
Professional Choice Account
Cons
No sick-leave
November 21, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kindred Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably