Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 2,690 reviews matching the search See all 2,706 reviews
Great first full time job
Full Time COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 13, 2018
This was my first full time job as a COTA. I learned a lot here. I believe 100% this place and its employees have had a positive impact on the type of therapist I have become and will become. My colleagues were extremely understanding and helpful to me when I first got out of school, always answering questions and helping me find continuing education courses or EBP articles or journals. I highly recommend this place if you are starting out. Just make sure you negotiate for a higher pay upon entering because the likelihood of anyone getting a raise later is slim to none.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Difficult to talk with DOR in building with option to text
August 14, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care.

Revamping of Management Needed
Dietary Chef (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 13, 2018
The healthcare system is a huge business. This place definitely embraces the concept of this. However, so many people have just been given a position with no training. Training is needed all across the board.
Stay Far Away. You've been warned.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 11, 2018
Horrible management. LTACH is not considered "real" hospital experience by real hospitals. Overworked RN's. Dirty facilities. Two patients per room. Focus is on the $ and keeping patients for only 28 days to the mark.
Pros
Cons
management
August 14, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Kindred
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sellersburg, INAugust 9, 2018
One of the best places organized, an scheduling was perfect , residents loved being there cuz it made them feel like they were at home an not stuck in the middle of recklessness
Pros
Always wanting to work
Cons
Losing people i came close to
August 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

Decent place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INAugust 9, 2018
Worked for Kindred from May 2016 until the building was bought out by another company. Overall a decent company to work for. We had issues and things like any other facility. But for the most part we worked as a team to find solutions
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Staffing sometimes an issue

Intense place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
Kindred is an intense place to work. the patients are very ill and it is difficult to have to deal with death quite as often as I did. it was a very fulfilling job
It's just work with this company no appreciation
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 7, 2018
Would recommend this job to nobody because coworkers run the nursing home instead of management instead of them offering existing coworkers better positions they would rather higher new employees for Less pay
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Second shift no brakes extra work and you have to help prep work for first shift
August 8, 2018

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to me at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

Good nursing standards. Need to update equipment and surroundings.o
HOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 3, 2018
Family working environment. Know your patients and their families better, because of the length of stay. Flexible scheduling at work. Physical and Respiratory therapy and wound care team wonderful at their jobs. Nursing staff dedicated.
Pros
working family environment
Cons
Equipment and surroundings need improvment
August 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Unprofessional
Hospice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHAugust 1, 2018
I would not recommend that any serious sales professional consider working here. This is a bully culture full of unprofessional people who have no idea what having a hospice heart means.
August 3, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred at Home.

Jobs
Laundry & Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
I would clock in and get the laundry situated for the patients, I would go ahead and get the barrels of clothes out and take them and start washing them and folding them up and putting them away for the patients. I would clean the bathrooms for them and mop and if their was anything that they wanted me to clean I would do that. Management was nice and understood that I had to be off a certain amount of time. The hardest part was dealing with all the smells of the patients especially if it was over night of clothing. The most enjoyable was seeing the patients faces everyday that I went to work.
Pros
health benefits, pay
Cons
smelling odors
August 2, 2018

Want to know more about Kindred Healthcare?

Ask a question
Great boss but not so great Administrator
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 1, 2018
Not a good work environment. The Administrator had his favorites and it was evident to all. The employees were awesome and my immediate boss/bosses were great.

Very sweet residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corydon, INJuly 31, 2018
Was a very nice place to work while i was there. Very clean, CNAs were very organized and the job got done. Managers were great and worked with my schedule. Never had a problem.

Great enviroment
INTAKE/ADMITTING COORDINATOR/MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJuly 31, 2018
Great people to work with and fun enviroment
Got along great with my coworkers and management was very good great boss

Hardest part of the job was seeing patients very ill
Pros
1 Hour lunch
August 2, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

fun, and great company
Senior Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
kindred was a great company to work for in houston texas. Stronger leadership in the area regions was needed. great beenfitss, this should not be required or mandatory to complete.

Great Enviroment
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOJuly 31, 2018
The environment at Kindred is wonderful. I have only worked here for a few months but they made me feel welcomed immediately. The PTO and manager are two of the biggest perks.
August 1, 2018

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

fast paced
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 30, 2018
teaching is basically peer to peer, communication is an issue, supportive management but very negative staff, doesn't promote ideas within, a lot of turnover
Pros
great wage, weekend bonus
Cons
negative staff
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive.

nightmare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 30, 2018
hated working there, gave no consideration for help for 30+ patients to 1 CNA , certain patients got more care than other patients, staff members were snotty and rude
July 31, 2018

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

New
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 29, 2018
Hard to evaluate as new to facility. Hard to adjust to LTACH from other areas of nursing, but doable. CEO visible frequently through the week, Still adjusting to people.
Pros
Lunch paid by facility
Cons
Punch in and out for lunch
July 30, 2018

management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 29, 2018
Kindred gives new nurses an opportunity to get experience and gain confindence in the field, the job is hard for the salary they offer. They also do not promote from within, I have been waiting for a promotion and still have not gotten it.
July 30, 2018

Kindred Hospital
Westminster, RN (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJuly 29, 2018
I worked as a RN, and Kindred is one of the places that requires hard labor in addition to typical nursing skills. It is not an easy place to work for, it is not for softies. It is a hard core nursing job!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
very intense, physically challenging
July 29, 2018

We appreciate your sharing your experience working on our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss