Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,573 reviews matching the search See all 2,589 reviews
Gloomy
Materials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19111May 21, 2018
I enjoyed my job,which was 4 jobs at a normal hospital rolled into 1 here.Mismanagementt is a big problem and backstabbing goes on all the time among management which makes for an unhealthy atmosphere,lack of pay and cutting back on all benefits and time off didn't help matters,when you have to use your vacation days to make up for days lost that's a problem.
Pros
Able to learn new computer system and met some great co-workers.
Cons
Bad working atmosphere
I was happy there.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 21, 2018
It was a very emotionally rewarding career. Although a very demanding position, I was get the satisfaction of helping people feel better. This means I also have the opportunity to really develop a relationship with my patients. I was working with elderly people who will require care for the rest of their lives.I was working with all kind of patients who are different.
I loved my job at Kindred
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXMay 19, 2018
It was a good place to work and management was awesome
The nurses, PT, and OT are the best. If there is a problem the CEO is always available. I would most definitely recommend if someone needs any kind of rehab therapy
May 21, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

Licensed Vocational Nursing (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
Every one works a team, learn medication pass, insulin injection, tube feeding, wound care. It is a fun place to work and there has not been a difficult day or part in this company
May 20, 2018

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our clinicians are the heart of our company.

We appreciate the positive feedback! We encourage you to take this two-minute survey and share why choosing Kindred was the right decision for you. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Great company and culture
Patient Assessment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
I have no complaints and I would recommend others. The culture is really nice. Everyone so far has been extremely nice and willing to help. There’s opportunities for growth and development and I look forward to growing within this company.
May 19, 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We believe it is absolutely crucial to support our caregivers and always keep our patients and their families successes as the goal of our work.

We appreciate the positive feedback! Are you willing to take this two-minute survey to share your experience and tell us why choosing Kindred was the right decision for you? http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaH9I

Great work environment at the time I was employed there. We worked 12hr shifts, therefore we as coworkers spent lots of time together.
State Tested Nursing Assistant, PCA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2018
The staff worked well together during the duration of my employment. The nurses were knowledgeable and skilled and always very helpful to me. We worked cohesively to assure great patient care. Nurses RN’ and LPN’s ,, Doctors, wound team, Pt, Ot, and the Respiratory Therapist were great! I enjoyed my 8yrs of employment there.
Pros
Room for advancement, transferable skills, decent pay
Cons
12 hr shifts (works for some), No raises for PRN staff
May 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your dedicated service!

need management to hold people accountable on their responsibilities
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
need management to hold people accountable on their responsibilities. need experienced and well versed management that people can depend on as well as director.
Pros
great company to work for otherwise
Cons
need to bild comradery and positive activities for team work
May 17, 2018

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com.

nursing facility
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 15, 2018
Good team work among nurses. Consistently short on nurse's aides, making load on nurses worse. Great experience with residents. Good opportunities for skills.
May 17, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Organized chaos with a smile
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  NJMay 15, 2018
It is an interesting experience working there. One is strongly encouraged to perform task above and beyond what is comfortable for staff and patient. When nurses are stressed, which is most of the time, the environment becomes tense with frustration and colorful language. Staff is able to laugh together in the end.
Pros
People are friendly. Teamwork is displayed. Money is great.
Cons
1:5-6 ratio on critical patients, concerning. No structure with training.
May 17, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

it was a while ago and high work volume many changes daily
Director of rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 14, 2018
was once a good culture but after merge with rehab care it was stress filled and overly demanding . sad loss management network very clickish, everyone seemed to be protecting their backside
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no win work situations/
May 15, 2018

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. It goes without saying, but our employees play a critical role in helping Kindred deliver quality care. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to discuss this further. Providing your contact information will help expedite our communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous and report your concerns, call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Started out great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 13, 2018
I would happily still be working there if they hadn't decided to close.
That's all there is to say.
I don't know what else you would have me say at this point.
Pros
Good place
Cons
Closed!
May 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Love working here!
Unit Secretary/Medical-Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXMay 12, 2018
I have worked here off and on over the past several years and I enjoy it a great deal!
For the most part there is a culture of teamwork and administration is very supportive of the nursing and ancillary staff.
May 14, 2018

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at Kindred! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families

Overworked and poor pay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 12, 2018
Horrible company to work for.
Leadership team lead through fear and threats.
High turn-over. No job security.
Company is more concerned for the bottom line vs quality of care.
Cons
Hostile work environment
May 14, 2018

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Kindred was a good stepping stone in my career
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2018
Kindred was a good company who really looked out for their employees. They provided me the knowledge and flexibility to learn the SNF industry and advance my career.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram.

Poor upper management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
Gave them 16 dedicated years. Then they hired a pitbull with lipstick that systematically got rid of the staff to hire her own. They either quit or got fired within the first 4 to 6 months she was there. Complaints about her to upper administration went unheard. A bully in high heels created a toxic working inviroment. So it was either quit or get fired, I did both. Would hate thinking of her as a nurse, thats a very scarey thought. She has no compassion for the job or the employees..its strictly by the book..in her words.
Pros
Free soda and great friends.
Cons
Lack of support from management.
May 12, 2018

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Busy you get to learn alot very quickly
Advanced skills RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63108May 9, 2018
A good place to learn and grow professionally. I liked working there. Good pay. supportive staff. Critically sick patients. Short staff sometimes but they try hard to get other staff to cover.
Pros
Good place to learn and grow professionally
Cons
Nothing really
May 11, 2018

Interesting place to work
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2018
I was given a great deal of leeway in creating projects as well as implementing them. It was interesting because my job didn't exist prior to my employment and I was simply given a list of desired outcomes and how to reach them was entirely up to me. This kind of work environment was a good match for my personality and work style. I left this job when the department decided to change the focus of the position and I did not have the necessary background. An RN I had been working with did have this kind of background and I recommended him to take over my position. I left the company on good terms. The only negative I have is a belief that administration too often failed to uphold decisions made by the nursing department. Without their help it was difficult to hold the nursing staff accountable to uphold the stated standards of the hospital.
Pros
Really good food in the cafateria
Cons
Hospital is still using a dos system documentation system.
May 11, 2018

first nursing job
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2018
rally liked the job. there was a lot to learn and it gave me valuable experience. the staff I worked with on nights were great. they had a dr that stayed AT NIGHT. the pt were acute but they were there more than a few days which is nice
May 9, 2018

I lerarned a lot working at Kindred
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 7, 2018
The work environment in hospitals is similar. Kindred gets patients that are discharged from an Emergency care hospital and need long care. Kindred has a high mortality rate because of the type of patients that are admitted.
Pros
The varity of diagnosis and training allowed me to learn
Cons
A high percentage of terminal patients
May 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate you sharing feedback with us.

kindred Healthcare is very bias to women and blacks in their Homehealth Care product
Patient Care Coordinator LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2018
I was very qualified for the position and did a very good job. Management did not feel that I was a good fit for a management position. I feel they were bias because I was a black female in a Account management field.
Pros
Great salaries
Cons
Management is Bias.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight