Kindred Hospice
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Kindred Hospice Employee Reviews

United States331 reviews
New management is poor. Big turn over in nursing staff. Good benefits.not always enough staff but those who have been ther a long time genuinely care about there clients and each other
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Amazing experience very nice great staff. The staff is very helpful. They help if you need anything and everyone is very friendly. Great company overall.
Kindred is no longer the same company that bears the Kindred name. Poor communication from management nsupport, no supplies. No work life balance
Request for time off is routinely denied
Pros
The patients and coworkers.
Cons
no support. No supplies . You are on your own with absolutely no work life balance
Worker's are not trustworthy or compassionate towards our patients. They honestly worry about their work load & what's their next fun trip id going to be instead of focusing on ordering patient supplies, ordering their meds., they have shady people working fir them and they claim to have a drug free workplace but yet how do they keep it that way when they never drug test any employee regular. They have a RN & A MARKETER RIGHT now that clearly looks like they are on something & their actions they put out. Drug test them is what they need to do. But not a good team to work for.
Pros
Working with your patients
Cons
Dishonest, not loyal, no compassion company
I truly enjoy working for Kindred. We have a great team. They have ongoing training. I feel like this is the best company I have ever worked for as far as fairness, compensation, and excellent management. My manager is amazing, always willing to go the extra mile for her employees and patients. I am blessed.
Pros
Excellent management, good compensation, ongoing training
Cons
It is hard to find volunteers in the rural area.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Work for ANY other hospice company. Pay is great. Management and philosophy is terrible. In a few years the company will be fully owned by humana and that's the only patients you will see. Until then - its about cutting costs and the care has absolutely dropped.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Once Curo entered the picture, everything changed. This company is now all about the money. They expect everyone to work around the clock with no help from management.
I did an excellent job creating slideshow presentations, using the copying machine, and hole puncher. My supervisor and my co-workers have put our heads together in order to get this job well done.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I love this job! It feels like a family and you couldn’t ask for better management. This company took a huge chance on me as I had never worked for hospice before and it was my dream job. The accepted me with open arms and taught me everything I need to know. Now when I work I feel confident and can manage a case with no worries. I am so happy I applied for this job it was the perfect fit for me.
It was a good experience. Lots of on hand training , self taught. Culture is good. Fast paced position. You have to be organized, diligent and always caring about your client and your team. Teaches you autonomy.
Kindred Hospice does amazing work in supporting patients and families when they need it most. The nurses, grief counselor, and chaplains were exemplary. My volunteers were tireless, and I was so grateful for their efforts. The benefits were shabby, however, and because employees were leaving in droves, the workplace culture suffered.
Kindred Hospice used to be a great company to work for. That was before the Humana/ Curo take over. Management has no idea what they are doing and can care less the people they put in supervisory positions as long as a warm body fills the seat.
this is a job that requires a lot of your time, and commitment due to patient care. You need to be really caring and compassionate to care for hospice patients as well as their families.
I worked as a case manager for almost 5 yrs. In the beginning, it was good. Then managers left and nurses started leaving. At the end, I was 1 of 2 cm's with a census of 57 pt's. We did call every other day and at least every other weekend. The newly hired director a d mcp did nothing in the office to help us...They couldn't even make a phone call for us. Needless to say, I quit!
Cons
Hospice care is very rewarding, but is very hard losing so many patients. It is rewarding when the family of the patient feel supported. The job is driving from house or facility for 1:1 patient care.
Very happy at the job and was sorry to be laid off. Great company to work for. Coworkers were very nice and welcoming when I started. Clinical Manager was very compassionate and caring.
Kindred used to be a great company to work for. Since being bought by Curo, the culture has declined. Its all about the dollar and the culture of caring for the patients and employees has vanished.
Poor poor management. FOUR changes since last September. Nurses on overload with twenty patients or more each. Company hires for one position then after hire changes position three times within a week?? AWFUL
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits
Cons
Out of touch with employees.
6 years obtaining experience in the referral/admission department.
Management is very present and willing to help their employees grow.

Miami branch is their largest.
The most enjoyable part of volunteering as an administrative office assistant at Kindred Hospice is knowing that I'm helping out with office tasks to better assist the office staff so they can support the hospice community to their fullest capability. I enjoy being able to give back to the society in this way and lend a helping hand. I also enjoy the office tasks and organizational projects that I do in the friendly work atmosphere.
We have an amazing team of Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplins and staff who are all giving of their time and support to each other and lend a helping hand.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kindred Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8