Kindred Hospice Employee Reviews

Kindred Hospice
Nursing support and CQI management (Former Employee) –  Carson City, Reno, NvFebruary 17, 2019
A very well managed Hospice company represented by Knowledgeable and caring staff.
Intense and well trained in current Hospice issues and Family support.
Pros
Team work and communication between staff and administration
Cons
None noted at time of employment
Open communication
Manager of Clinical Practice (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 12, 2019
Open communication is the key here. Typical day you feel like you have made a difference. Hardest part of my job, we had an aide that liked drama...
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Its feast of famine
unpredictable, no sense of accomplishment or completion
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
As others have mentioned, hospice care is rewarding to know you have helped a patient and family through a difficult time; however, the work is hard at times, the hours are inconsistent and unpredictable and there is never a sense of completion of tasks. If you prefer a predictable, structured job with time to take care of your own needs, this is not for you. Orientation, training and management are lacking. You basically are out there somewhere on your own with incomplete training and knowledge of processes and the support from the office is simply not there. If you thrive off of a pat on the back mentioned in a meeting with corporate toys and trinkets given for a job well done, then you may be fulfilled. If you like to be trained appropriately, have accountable management, know that your day is what you make it, have a sense of real appreciation, then you may reconsider. The work is horrendous at times and the more you do, the more you are given to do. Maybe other companies are structured differently, but it is a corporate push for patient census with desperate attempts to admit people at all cost for credit. Patient care takes a back seat to corporate management. Travel time is not reimbursed at national mileage rate. Patients located in very rural areas, up to over an hour away are admitted to keep a census up. The traveling long distances daily becomes dreadful quickly and occupies 3-4 hours of your day on one patient. It is not for everyone!
Pros
knowing you helped a patient
Cons
the employees and patients are numbers with unpredictable work
Excellent place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 27, 2019
The Beaumont staff have all been through some tough times but as always remain strong and take care of patients no matter what is in front of them. During Hurricane Harvey, leadership took good care of their employees allowing them the time to take off of work when needed to fix their homes after being flooded. Some employees didn’t have a place to stay and one of our managers even provided her travel trailer for use by an employee and her family. Recently, our office went through a buyout and the staff were scared of all the changes. Some of the positions in our office were eliminated. Leadership worked hard to find new jobs for the employees whose positions were being eliminated. For those who couldn’t be placed elsewhere, the company provided a severance package. Companies are bought out all the time and changes do happen, but at least the leadership of our program worked hard to find new roles for tenured staff who are good employees and are important to the success of Beaumont. All in all, this is a great place to work and it is a true family environment. No matter what happens at the corporate level, the staff at Kindred Beaumont care about each other and stick together through good and bad times. I am proud to be a part of this team!
Pros
Opportunity for promotions, annual raises, time off when needed
New Manager
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 25, 2019
After the buy out some management where going to leave and talked very negative about the New company. Then all of a sudden they decided to stay, all got promotions, and now sing its praises. The funny thing is they where leaving us to go to a new company but when that wasn’t working the way they thought they decided to stay. They all got promotions and raises. So basically to be a manager at this company you can be negative to your employees for months in regard to their jobs and about the new company, decide to stay, and get more money and a promotion. Tell me how that is fair!! Some of us worked hard to keep it all going with no help from them and now they are calling the shots!! They have no clue how to use the computer system and would rather spend the day laughing and carrying on then taking care of their employees. For them it’s all about the money and having other people do their work. I don’t see the current staff we have sticking around much longer if corporate doesn’t step in!!
Pros
The field and some office staff are amazing!!
Cons
Management and upper management get paid off other people’s work, There is some shady stuff going on in that office
Make a difference in people life’s
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJanuary 23, 2019
A wonderful place to work. Yes it maybe unpredictable but with unsteady patients that need your help, you make the difference. I truly believe I was born to be a hospice nurse. Without dedicated nurses, aides, social workers and other staff the patients and families would not be able to be at home. They would not be able to do the things at a regular routine. We would see the patients as needed 1xw, 2xw, daily or more depending on needs and get their symptoms under controlled. Having wonderful Drs on call to help with that process. Hospice is a team approach. A group of individuals make sure that the patient and the family’s needs are taken care of and with out people like us that would not be possible. We are available 24/7 - I love my job and would not want to do anything else. Yes traveling is involved , pain management, symptom management and disease teaching is just part of the process. LOVE LOVE MY PATIENTS!!!!
Pros
M-f mostly
Cons
Unpredictable and oncall
Fulfilling work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Working at a hospice is very difficult but it is very rewarding at the same time. You get to make a difference in someone's life who is going through a very rough period.
Good
Manager of Volunteer Services (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 31, 2018
Overall it was an okay experience. The people were great. The management has high turnover. It felt like Corporate was forgetting the purpose of Hospice and why they were caring for these patients and their families and it was about the number at the end of the day.
Stressful
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 30, 2018
New hired aren't trained properly for the position. Cross trained position but doesn't compensate for it. But on the other side, great coworkers to work with.
Fast paced with coworkers who are like family.
Hospice RNCM (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2018
Providing comfort care for end of life patients. Receive phone calls , texts and Emails daily. Make out own schedule for patient visits, usually about 20 /week, in homes and nursing facilities. Educate patient and family about hospice care. Assess patients. Contact the hospice MD with any medicine changes needed or uncontrolled symptoms. Chart on I Pad, make plans of care, meet once a week for Interdisciplinary reviews with social worker, chaplain, Hospice MD. The hardest part of the job is that the computer program requires writing the same information over and over on multiple documents. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to bring peace and comfort to patients and supporting the family so they are able to deal easier with the loss of a loved one .
Pros
Able to make own daily schedules
Cons
Traveling many miles a day
flexible schedule
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 18, 2018
I am an on call nurse for Kindred so my schedule varied greatly depending on calls. The hardest part of my job was being gone so much at night, again depending on calls.
I like it personally because I’m being expose to all kinds of people and able to survived and maintained my happiness and peace in my everyday life.
Home Health Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CADecember 8, 2018
Too much politics. Constant changing of rules, forgotten quality of care, wrong budgeting , we’re always hiring due to frequent resignation of mostly, nurses and Aides. No comment on the retirement and benefits since I don’t have time to explore all of them.
Pros
You can manage your time.
Cons
Traveling, accidents, weathers, you visit lots of different facilities, board and care, housing and home.
great work environment
Hospice Specialist/Sales/Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 3, 2018
Family style work environment, everyone gets along so well. Management is willing to assist to improve your job duties. I have enjoyed working here and learning another related field in hospice.
Pros
commission/bonus
Cons
healthcare benefits expensive
A good place to work
Hospice Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Kindred as I was going to school to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. However, I parted ways when they did not pick me up as an NP for face to face visits and instead hired from outside the company because there was a slight delay in me getting my license.
Hospice
On Call Nurse, hospice (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, AR 71901November 25, 2018
The job is stressful. A lot of patient growth with a lag of hiring in new employees. Management changes from change of ownership, with information from the head office showing up last minute. Work independently, but don't always feel like there is support
Pros
the patients and mission
Cons
very hecti
Scheduling
RN On Call/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXNovember 25, 2018
Due to nature of the work the employee has the ability to manage family emergencies without having to miss work. schedules can be rearranged and the nurse can work later hours to accommodate for minor emergencies.
I was blessed to work for 15 years at Kindred Hospice. Kindred has the most caring staff. They truly do treat their patients as family.
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Kindred Hospice. It is unfortunate that with the new transition of being bought by Curo my job was eliminated. I would love to have worked here until retirement.
Excellent Job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2018
Kindred Hospice is one of the bed jobs here in Columbus, Ga. You can be flexible with your schedule and work in a great work environment. I love the people and the job. I give it 10 stars.
Pros
Great job.
Cons
No cons.
Kindred hospice
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 8, 2018
Love our management, love the patients. Lots of needs and support given to all in our care. The staff is kind, helpful and prompt when attending to patients and families.
Pros
Patient oriented
Cons
Under staffed
Productive place to work
Certified Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 6, 2018
Overall a great company with alot of great people to work with. Nice benefits package including 140 hr of PTO and 401k retirement packages. Flexible scheduling and an awesome learning experience.