King County, WA Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Enjoyable and pleasant work environment
Kikng County Election Worker (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 4, 2018
My primary responsibilities were scanning, ballot review and neighborhood voting box closing. One of the things I enjoyed most by working with King County is the diversity, learning about our elections system, how many different units are involved to process a ballot, the voting booths throughout King County, and the different precincts. The interaction with coworkers, managerial staff and citizens in the neighborhoods professionally and in a cordial civilized manner striving for daily productivity on the job. Meeting deadlines for the day and learning new information by working in other units when necessary.
Pros
Enjoyed job and assigned group
Productive and fun workplace
Public Health Administrative Support System (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2018
Great place to work if you are ready for a challenge. Depending of Job Classification and location, you will usually get back what you put into the position.
Public Government
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2018
King County is implementing the LEAN management concept. As usual some Departments are better than others. Benefits and working conditions are typical of government service.
New Managemnet - not professional
Desktop Support Specialist - Senior (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2018
New Management - not professional, hostile to employees, doesn't respect employees, targets long term employees and tries to replace them with TLTs or short term temps.
great co-workers
Program Manager II / Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2018
the most enjoyable part of my job was working with co-workers. I learned those who work hard can excel in the workplace. A typical day at work was a busy day on the phones.
Current KCIT Status
LAN Administrator Sr (Current Employee) –  King Street CenterMay 23, 2018
Over the past 3 years KCIT, mainly CSS(Customer Support Services) has been in state of flux and constantly re-pivoting without a solid plan or obtaining input from staff or from their customers. Management constantly moving staff around in teams that are supposedly to help out specific areas, but adversely affect the teams they move the techs from. There appears to be a push to remove staff that have been there for years and bring in non-FTE employees at a lower rate. Faith in direction and morale is a an all time low.

That said, King County itself is a great place to work, KCIT needs some help to get there.
Pros
Pay and Medical are some of the best.
Cons
See Review
Very good
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 11, 2018
Not much else to add, just a very fulfilling, well-paid part time job for anyone who wants a part time job. Great management who care about their employees. Very flexible scheduling.
Great employer
HR Analyst (Temp Recruiter & HR Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2018
Temporary opportunity without opportunity for regular on this team. Loved working for King County - they truly understand work/life balance, pays well, good management and cooperative working relationships with business partners.
Volunteer Phone Counselor
Volunteer Phone Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2018
I was a volunteer, so obviously some things dont apply, like compensation/benefits, job security/advancement, etc. I learned about crisis intervention and had total support and supervision while on the phones. Had 50 hours of training in crisis counseling.
Pros
Learned a lot, got to make a difference in the community
Cons
No cons!
Govment job!
Opener (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA 98057April 18, 2018
Govment job, what else you need to know? if you get in you winning. move and groove stack chips maintain your production. no need to be extra with it. Be cool. Handle your business and everything will be cool.
Pros
govment job
Cons
no free money
Great place!
Phone Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2018
Great place to work, caring people.
shifts can be long.
Need to do multiple roles at times, excellent training.
Good culture, strong leadership. Would recommend. Great place to have a starting career in this field.
A good friendly working place
Capital Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2018
It is a very friendly working place.
I just don't like government way for business. Too much tracking that wasting a lot of times and not efficiently and effectively.
Too much politic, not business politic, actual government politic.
Challenging and difficult but worth the pay.
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 8, 2018
Working at King Aquatic was challenging because it was such a large pool to lifeguard but overall it was a good experience. As a lifeguard and swim instructor you are also expected to clean the bathrooms which was tedious but like I have stated, it was worth the good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Love working here
Medical Assistant- Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2018
The only reason I am seeking employment is because I am planning to relocate. King County Health Department in\ my opinion is an awesome place to work for, if indeed you are a passionate person and you have the desirer to served the under privileges.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nome
A nice place to work at
Accountant (Contract Worker) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2018
Working at King County is a pleasant experience. Coworkers and managers are friendly and approachable. I recommend job seekers to apply for king County jobs
easy money
Signature Verifier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 20, 2018
This was by far my favorite job. The supervisor was very nice and the job was simple.... Great pay too! Then they started to change supervisors often.
KCIT new management
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2018
The first five months, the PM position at KCIT was a great job. Loved going to work each morning. Then the leadership changed and two inexperience, but over zealous people took over and made work unbearable. We went from an inclusive, supportive management strategy to, "Get with the program, do what I say, or you can be replaced". Time to go...
Pros
Ocra pass
Cons
horrid senior leadership and lack of priorities.
Advance if you know the right people
Other (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2018
Culture is one of who you know and favoritism is obvious. Management does not appreciate or even ask for input from non-management. If you are critical you are essentially blackballed. If you work here, you probably get above market salary and employees forget how rich the benefit package is. Most employees have been there a long time and tend to have an entitlement mentality.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
self-congratulatory exec and management
I love working for the parks. However I need at this time work year round.
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 31, 2018
I was and still can be a seasonal worker for King County Parks. However I am in need of year round employment. Working for the parks gave me an experience like no other. I loved my coworkers and would highly recommend the seasonal positions to any young college students.
Good place to work,
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2018
Safety, Service and Schedule were the three S's that were taught to us on day 1.
It is a good job as you learn to deal with the public, drive through heavy traffic, continue to watch the road and your mirrors without getting into an accident.
Pays well, great benefits and in a sense you are your own boss,
Pros
Meeting great passengers
Cons
Driving in inclement weather (snow) and dealing with traffic and the public.