King County, WA Employee Reviews

Fun Place
Permit Specialist / Administrator Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 28, 2018
Compiled data on admission program year by year to validate the need to increase fees.
Created Excel spread sheets to capture inspections data to determine follow up and recommendations.
Provided lead responsibilities in handling and researching streetlight customer accounts, and responding to billing requests, inquiries, and complaints.
Reviewed proposed plans and permits to determine compliance with codes and ordinances, prepared letters, investigated complaints and developed reports.
Researched discrepancies on requests received for account changeovers to ensure accuracy of records and proper customer billing.
Responding, answering a wide variety of technical and process related questions from applicants
Engaging opportunities to evolve career aspirations!
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 11, 2018
I support productive profit sharing with all employees willing to pursue performance goals! However I would advise that future candidates are able to manage time and goals as they support our continuing mission to support diversity for all!
Pros
Unlimited opportunities to grow within shared networks
Cons
Neutral
Great work environment
Transit Administrative Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 6, 2018
It was a great place to work but they are not fair when it comes to hiring from within. They would rather hire externally than offer to an employee that has been performing the position on a long term basis. They do not provide clear communication in regards to their selection and hiring process.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
County not open to hiring current temp employees to a career service position.
Great work setting with great structure
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 1, 2018
I would wake up at 8 every Monday through Friday, like I was going to school. The only difference was that it was in the beginning of July. My workplace was indeed at school, in a classroom as a matter of fact. Me and some other students were chosen to intern for this project called the King County Water Quality Project. We would learn about conservation of water and other things, as well as go on trips to watersheds, laboratories, and plants to do some learning and sometimes labor. I loved the students I worked with. I now consider all of them my friends. I hated how short the Internship was.
Pros
Free food, salary
Cons
some labor
diverse work place
Transit Operator, King County Metro (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2018
excellent leadership and a diverse work environment, more independent work culture and there is a great opportunity to move up, Safty is a main concern in this workplace
Good Place to work
Procurement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 29, 2018
King County was a good employee, with very solid benefits package including retirement (pension). Salaries were also competitive with non-governmental entities.
Pros
Pension, good salaries, work/life balance
Cons
Limited growth opportunities in role, advancement.
Esj
Change Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAOctober 22, 2018
They are very proud of their efforts to promote diversity in the workforce. The goals of the diversity program are not tangible, they don't provide and concrete examples of bench marks that are being targeted nor do they quantify their goals for improving diversity.
Pros
Free Bus Pass
Cons
Difficulties getting promoted
Fun environment with some down time
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 21, 2018
I like working at the king county aquatic center because I was able to help customers but when things slowed down, I was able to work on my homework and things that I needed to get done. Which was one of my favorite parts about the job because I am a college student.
Great place to work if the management was different.
Bilingual Administration Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 3, 2018
Management is horrible. They love to take advantage of the hard working employees that try so hard to move up. Employees are treated unfairly and are bullied by the management.
Pros
great benefits and awesome pay
Cons
management is not good at all
Not for my work skills
Supervisor 3 Facilities (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2018
Managed by union, no support for the supervision of problem employees. Lot's of meeting that were not productive, no processes in place. Org chart was a mess, needs clearer paths to success.
Pros
Free public transportation
Cons
Uncommunicative expectations
King County has a meaningful purpose
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2018
King County is large, encompassing Seattle, and employs some 14000 employees. Working at King County Department of Technology allows one the opportunity to directly influence the lives of everyone working and living in King County by delivering modern enabling IT systems.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2018
For the most part, people are always willing to help you, patient, Some people will show you more and help you understand the nature of other departments,
Pros
convenient
Cons
work can be inconsistant
Great Mission, Top Notch Gov't Entity
Environmental Programs Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2018
Great leadership from the county executive with strong environmental ethics. Employee benefits are good with decent work-life balance. Wish there were more amenities like the private section.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of perks
Excellent organization
Jail Health RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2018
Caring for the most vulnerable population.
Planning individualized care plan by working very close with multidisciplinary team including medical, dental, psychiatric providers and social workers
Best government
Chief Deputy Assessor (Chief of Staff) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2018
Great government to work for. Committed to people, customer service, and excellence. The employees are dedicated and committed to serving the public. The county is one of the top ranked.
Enjoyable and pleasant work environment
Kikng County Election Worker (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 4, 2018
My primary responsibilities were scanning, ballot review and neighborhood voting box closing. One of the things I enjoyed most by working with King County is the diversity, learning about our elections system, how many different units are involved to process a ballot, the voting booths throughout King County, and the different precincts. The interaction with coworkers, managerial staff and citizens in the neighborhoods professionally and in a cordial civilized manner striving for daily productivity on the job. Meeting deadlines for the day and learning new information by working in other units when necessary.
Pros
Enjoyed job and assigned group
Productive and fun workplace
Public Health Administrative Support System (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2018
Great place to work if you are ready for a challenge. Depending of Job Classification and location, you will usually get back what you put into the position.
Public Government
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2018
King County is implementing the LEAN management concept. As usual some Departments are better than others. Benefits and working conditions are typical of government service.
New Managemnet - not professional
Desktop Support Specialist - Senior (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 19, 2018
New Management - not professional, hostile to employees, doesn't respect employees, targets long term employees and tries to replace them with TLTs or short term temps.
great co-workers
Program Manager II / Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2018
the most enjoyable part of my job was working with co-workers. I learned those who work hard can excel in the workplace. A typical day at work was a busy day on the phones.