King County Employee Reviews

A nice place to work at
Accountant (Contract Worker) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2018
Working at King County is a pleasant experience. Coworkers and managers are friendly and approachable. I recommend job seekers to apply for king County jobs
KCIT new management
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 4, 2018
The first five months, the PM position at KCIT was a great job. Loved going to work each morning. Then the leadership changed and two inexperience, but over zealous people took over and made work unbearable. We went from an inclusive, supportive management strategy to, "Get with the program, do what I say, or you can be replaced". Time to go...
Pros
Ocra pass
Cons
horrid senior leadership and lack of priorities.
Advance if you know the right people
Other (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2018
Culture is one of who you know and favoritism is obvious. Management does not appreciate or even ask for input from non-management. If you are critical you are essentially blackballed. If you work here, you probably get above market salary and employees forget how rich the benefit package is. Most employees have been there a long time and tend to have an entitlement mentality.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
self-congratulatory exec and management
Good place to work,
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2018
Safety, Service and Schedule were the three S's that were taught to us on day 1.
It is a good job as you learn to deal with the public, drive through heavy traffic, continue to watch the road and your mirrors without getting into an accident.
Pays well, great benefits and in a sense you are your own boss,
Pros
Meeting great passengers
Cons
Driving in inclement weather (snow) and dealing with traffic and the public.
Very fun place to work!
Park Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working at NUTC for King County Parks and Rec. Unfortunately it was only seasonal so I was only aloud to work for six months other wise I would have stayed!
Productive and learned alot
Telecom Specialist SR (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2017
Worked in KCIT department and very enjoyable place to work. Loved working in UC department. It was a great group to work with and learn from. Learned different telecom aspects and moved to VOIP systems.
A productive work environment with some challenges.
Human Resources Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
A vey well balance work experience with great people and great challenges! The employees seemed to value working there as a team which was a great value.
Pros
A great benefit package.
Cons
The unions could be difficult to deal with, at times.
King county
KCIT Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2017
I worked for 2 months very nice fast paced organized work place slot of the times I spent being in meetings and executive council gatherings also preparing presentations to present
Pros
Hour lunch learning experience
Cons
Don't have any loved it
Unorganized and departmental disputes
Real Property Agent IV (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 8, 2017
To many layers of management to get anything done in a timely fashion. Employees that are not management levels have little to no say and no input allowed. there is no training and long time employees fear for their jobs when new employees are hired. The Equity and Social Justice program is ridiculous and only makes the hire up's feel better. If one is not "of color" they feel attacked daily, as employees are showered with emails regarding race issues and preferred actions that do not include everyone. the management allows for dysfunctional employees in fear of being sued and can not make good workplace changes without pandering to the fears of lawsuits. The poor attitudes and hostile environments is out of control.
This may not be in all departments but needs to be addressed.
Pros
good pay and benefits
tough work life balance
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
Hard to have quality of life and/or work/life balance working weekends and holidays as well as split shifts with Tuesday, Wednesday off. Seniority based everything. No vacation for two years while on probation. Customers difficult, especially homeless and druggies.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Life balance
productive and fast paced workplace
TRANSIT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
balanced and competitive workplace. one of the last good paying middle class jobs left in that county. no complaints whatsoever. must be able to think on your feet when crunch time comes. during winter or road emergencies
Government - trying to become agile
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 4, 2017
Mostly great co-workers, and interesting projects. CIO and deputy CIO were fantastic people to work with, their vision of how IT should run will keep KCIT in the forefront of innovation.

Some senior manager didn't appear to brought into Agile / Scrum - you must follow the process steps in the order stated.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Easy to get on the wrong side of process or appointee
Great Place to work
Administrative Specialist -Deputy Assessor (Current Employee) –  Administration BuildingAugust 8, 2017
Best place to work. I work from home 10 days a month. My supervisor care about upward training and how I can do my job better. I am tired of you forcing me to fill this box. I am searching for a part time job, not recommending the one I have.
Stepping stone only
JUVENILE DETENTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2017
This is a good stepping stone, but that's about it. Pays decent and has good benefits. Don't stay too long and heaven forbid DO NOT GET INJURED HERE. They don't provide full pay when you get injured on the job, and will kick you out of a light duty position after 6 months and then medically terminate you. The management doesn't care about what improvements could be done, so no need to talk to anyone about that. There's no room for advancement.
Great people and great workplace
TRANSIT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2017
Balanced and productive. Must be always aware and confident in duties assigned. Honest, fair, and can be competitive. Must keep training and certs updated, strict dot guidelines to follow, safety is paramount due to the general public being our direct customers
fun to work with all these people who have made a impact on the county
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2017
a typical day at work for me would be coming in a couple minutes earlier then I was suppose to, finishing all my work that I had due before the due date, finding ways to keep myself busy even when my boss didn't give me something exactly to do
Pros
discount on food
Cons
bordem not having enough work to do
They let you work independently
Legislative Intern, Councilmember Louise Miller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2017
The supervisors gave me the research assignment and trusted me to work on it at the pace I needed. When I finished, they had faith in my knowledge of the work and agreed I had completed the research.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Limited interaction with others
volunteer program
Explorer (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WA 98072July 14, 2017
Great working environment with friendly and interactive people.Can be high stress and high risk. the program is a way for younger people to learn about law enforcement an its procedures.
Chaos
Enterprise IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2017
Very challenging work environment. Enjoyed my job and the colleagues I worked with. Constant management changes created chaos and instability amongst the support groups.
Benefits
Cons
Several Reorg Efforts
Honest good technology nice location downtown seattle
Sr. Oracle Apps DBA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2017
Good team, worked well together good technology, fun place to live , challenging and fun place to work. Very good experience , friendly coworkers, but sure rains alot