King Retail Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun workplace
Painter (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 16, 2018
Come in to the paint shop then get work orders then stage paint jobs and paint.we were given are work for are shift and left to get the work done. being left to get the work done was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Family owned business with a stingy owner
Project Manager/Planner/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 7, 2018
This is a family run business that has a stingy owner that lacks empathy for employees that offer many years of dedicated work. They have one thing in mind and that is maximizing profit at all cost!
Great place to work horrible place to thrive
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 14, 2018
Overall workplace culture is fantastic...if your in the right department. Overall management and administration is superb! they promote team building, friendliness and a positive work attitude that makes you want to skip to your desk. It may be the opposite with lead/supervisors. It can be a hit or miss depending on the department. you may work with the best people you ever met or the worst people to tolerate on a daily basis. Seemingly high turn-over rate though.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Looking to grow
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 5, 2018
I was hired into a newly created role that is focused on new business. My typical day centers around contacting potential customers and explaining who KRS is and what benefits we can offer their company as they grow. Since I am in a new position there is a little "learn as we go" with the job, but management is completely supportive in the process. Upper management is focused on growing and strengthening the company for the future.
Pros
Flexable schedule, paid benefits
Worked in the build department making signs and displays for big and little businesses.
Bench Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 20, 2017
Get a job order from the head lead's deck, go to a near by computer to clock-on to the job order. I grained self confident in operating large & small power tools and appreciation on a job well done. The culture is some what relaxed, the leads are very helpful and working with the other employees was a joy because they were always helpful to. The hardest part of the job was reading between the lines of the job orders when not of needed information wasn't on the order or you didn't get all of the parts you needed.
Pros
A great place to work.
Cons
The job is seasonal, job orders decline towards the end of the year and forces the company to lay- off employees.
Good work culture but with varying ups and downs in business
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company when the work was available.
I would say that 75% of the year the company is great. Work is available and everyday of work is busy. Its the kind of place where can be proud of your hard work. Things go smoothly and orders and jobs are done in great timing.
The other 25% of the year, during the winter season, it has always been a very trying time for the company and it employees. Its the industry it finds itself in. Orders just don't come in like they do during the summer months and because of that, the company has to always think of ways to reduce staffing during these difficult months. Deduced hours, shorten work weeks, furloughs, even temporary layoffs without a expected return to work till months later.
Pros
benefits, quarterly luncheons, profit sharing
Cons
no real opportunities for advancement, total disconnect between front office and production, management
Feast or famine work, but good people
Planner/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 5, 2017
My position here was not particularly suited to my skillset, but I was able to make the position work and stay employed through what seemed to be a high level or turnover at my position. I didn't love the work itself, but I never felt KRS to be a truly "difficult" place to work because of the generally relaxed and genial atmosphere, managers that were typically easy to work with, and the schedule flexibility I was given.

This is a place where I can understand how some newcomers can get frustrated by not knowing the ins and outs of the software and processes specific to KRS, but also how many of my coworkers made a career of their jobs here once they understood the systems' complexities and found their niche.
Pros
Management easy to work with
Cons
Often either slow or stressful
Happy to be part of the team
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 14, 2017
Fast paced, hard working, rewarding, great team members that are more like family. Terrific benefits. Excellent opportunities for growth. Supportive manager.
Pros
Family culture and rewarding work.
Great Place to work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 13, 2017
This is a great company to work for! A lot of my coworkers are a lot more like family, they make it a joy to come to work every day, and even the worst days bearable. KRS has one of the best cultures of any company I have worked for especially one with so many employees in such a variety of positions.
The Management has been very flexible when it comes to appointments and family, they are understanding and do their best to make accommodations when needed, Individuals are fairly treated and are rewarded for hard work, they are always offering fun things for the employees like BBQ's, Christmas Parties, and the Fair just to mention a few things.
King Retail Solutions
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 11, 2017
I really enjoy my coworkers, manager and the pace of KRS. It can get hectic at times but it's a total team and we take care of one another and someone will always pitch in to help. KRS asks a lot of its employees; people here are go getters and self starters, if you're not don't apply.
Great Place To Work
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Eugene ORSeptember 11, 2017
I have been here over a year and really enjoy it. It is stressful but the people and relationships you build make it enjoyable. The family culture and ability to work a flexible schedule if you need to adjust for family is amazing. The only CON so far is the lack of salary increases given.
Pros
Family, Benifits, Schedule
Cons
No raise given yet
Laid back
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2017
It's a good place to work. There is a lack of communication and organization but the job gets done. The benefits are good with good healthcare. In general my co-workers are enjoyable
Benefits
Cons
No raises
Feels Like A Family
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 8, 2017
This is the first job that even when stressful or a difficult situation happens the thought of quitting does not come to mind.

I feel like there is always someone to go to when you need help or advice and always someone who has your back. The training could have some improvement but they are working on that with their training manager.

I feel like I have a future here and I enjoy my job with KRS.
New leadership...there not employee friendly
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 20, 2017
There work environment use to be more employee friendly, but with new leadership they are less interested in keeping quality employees and more focused on making money to support the high paid new management.
Good for gaining experience
Designer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonFebruary 20, 2017
This is a workplace that allows an individual to gain work experience. A friendly work environment, casual, and opportunity to work over time when requested and needed.
Cons
Small company, which does not allow much room for growth.
A+ Ethics
I-Cut Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHDecember 12, 2016
King Retail Solutions has been the best company I've worked for so far. I was certainly stepping out of my customer service niche in my choice to work there, but management was personable and fair, and while our crew was much smaller than that of our sister store, we still did what was asked of us and we did it well. I may be biased because I've only ever worked in places that didn't offer comprehensive health care, and weren't concerned whether or not you could pay your bills, but KRS definitely cares about its employees. There's no condescension, no games, no favoritism; just people coming together to complete their jobs to a gold standard.
I only left the job because I was laid off - this happens often in the manufacturing industry.
Pros
Personable management, sense of team and community - even between departments
Cons
Pacific Source Healthcare doesn't serve a lot of places out of Oregon
Loved This Job
Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 21, 2014
Recession hit them so it hit me. I loved working here best employment experience I have ever had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at King Retail Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

King Retail Solutions Reviews by Location