King Soopers Employee Reviews

Found 1,246 reviews matching the search See all 1,248 reviews
Fun co-workers, great discounts & benefits, Non-union
Customer Service/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2019
Great if your department has co-workers who are team players. Fun customers which usually outweigh the bad ones. Stressful due to the volume of customers and when mgmt doesn't provide you with what you need. Nice appreciative lunches, atta-boy recognition when customers give great reviews on their surveys.
Pros
Free lunches for holidays & safety or customer service achievement, Great discounts, decent benefits, Non-Union, Fun & appreciative regular customers
Cons
Poor mgmt, Depts not helping each other out, Understaffed & high turnover depending on the dept., Cut Throat at times
Kingsoopers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2019
Sack groceries while talking to the customer. Making sure he found what he was looking for. Making sure what type of bag they wanted. If needed take the cart out to their car. When I went to service desk, It was customer service all the way. Cashed checks, do returns, sell and cash lotto tickets. I trained on Western Union and followed policy guidelines to send or receive. The job is not hard to learn and for the most part enjoyed the customers
Pros
customers
Cons
no benefits until 1 year later, and refunds
Hard work
Produce Assistaint Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 9, 2019
More tasks are expected to be completed with less time to do it. Hiring people is not as easy as it used to be, because of this. Overtime is more often than not required to finish everything required, but overtime is not allowed. Training new people is a time consuming task that does not always provide a worker who has a sense of urgency. I enjoy helping the customers and working with the coworkers. The work load can make it hard to enjoy either of those things some days. My immediate manager is someone I feel I can go to about my concerns. The store management on the other hand is not always people I feel care about what my concerns are.
Amazingly awesome co-workers
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Monument, CODecember 17, 2018
My co-workers and my managers were very supportive in everything and allowed me to do a variety of different jobs within the store, even though i was not supposed to be doing any of them. i have learned too much to put here. everyday was the same as the last, excitingly enjoyable. everyone was very enthusiastic and supportive. the hardest part was the cart pushing, due to my bad back, while the most enjoyable was the variety of things that i got to do.
Pros
the discount on the food was very nice.
Cons
the breaks always seemed to go by way too fast.
typical day at work
Produce Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 6, 2018
My day begins at 4:00 am. I scan the sales floor to determine immediate needs to the weekly sales areas and high visibility displays. I "break down" the load and place product in the storage racks or on produce carts as appropriate for the sales floor needs.
I assess the volume of back-stock and make recommendations to the department manager for liquidating surplus keeping in mind the quality of perishable merchandise we bring to the sales floor.
Pros
Active, physical, dynamic position
Cons
Cold, sometimes wet environment
Fast paced
Nutrition Clerk part time/ Floral clerk part time (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 31, 2018
A typical day is fast paced and much work to be completed. Heavy lifting at times (50 lbs or less) Balancing your time is critical. My co workers are fun to work with for the most part. Helping customers with their needs is satisfying. There is a large community of homeless at this location. While compassion is very important, personal safety is a concern. Dealing with this has been the hardest part of my Job.
I had alot of customers that appreciated my help and made my job better.
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2018
Unloaded trucks for meat department. Stocking the cases with product. Breaking down the loads. Organizing and ordering product. Marking down items that were ready to expire. The most important part was keeping our customers happy. I was the best at it.

Holidays were the most stressful time of the year for meat cutting. Never had enough help for the amount of customers.
Pros
After x amount of days without injury, we would be provided with a meal of some kind. We were given a meal from the deli on holidays.
Cons
Not enough help
Overal good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 15, 2019
King soopers is a good place to work, but the union can be a huge detriment to being able to work there for long. The union demands that employees are given hours based off how long they have been with thecompany, so a useless employee with 10 years of uselessness will get more hours than the new guy who works hard.
Pros
Job security, raises every 1000 ish hours worked
Cons
Seniority based scheduling, union dues
Large store with few good and many terrible employee's
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CODecember 29, 2018
It was a great experience but it wears on you after a while. They needed man power so they hired some pretty terrible workers. This means others work twice as hard as they need to and it was a pain. I fealt like a literal hercules performing task for not just one department but 3 or 4 at the same time. I had fun with friends I made there but it was a rough and grueling experience. Most of my managers were experienced and good at their job. The company doesn't offer benefits to teens they acact like they dont want their help at the store due to the limited window during the week we could change schedules and we were all at school.
Pros
Nice people, great managers, 10% discount on kroger brand products
Cons
Bad work loads and lack of sufficent enough employees
Very fast-paced and stressful
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 18, 2018
I got a 15 minute break every two hours (usually) or a 30 minute lunch after 4 hours, and besides those it was just constant bagging for customers. My favorite part of the job was collecting carts outside, because, though it was physically taxing, it allowed me a break from the monotony and repetition of checking customers out of the store, as well as get a breath of fresh air. Beyond getting frustrated with that process, though, the work was alright. My only other complaint was that management required you to find others workers to replace your shifts if you couldn't make them unless you asked for time off two weeks in advance, but beyond that they were fairly accommodating.
Pros
Discounts on Kroger brands
Cons
Repetitive, monotonous, high potential for chronic pain
Sometimes can be fun
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COOctober 28, 2018
A typical day is taking care of customers which i have no issues with.
I learned how to supervise subordinates, manage a whole department and take care of customers the best way possible. Workplace culture can be fun at times but very difficult to progress/advance when managers play favorites with no equal opportunity for the ones who are more capable of advancement. Hardest part of the job I would say is doing whatever you can to please an angry customer and whatever you do does not satisfy their needs. The most enjoyable will have to be the co-workers that make it bearable.
Not what you expect
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 25, 2018
Wow. Just wow. Where do I start. The entire management team at store 45 is a complete mess and joke. Every day the entire crew would get yelled at for not being ""fast enough"" but that wasn't the case. We were Highly Understaffed! But that didn't matter to them as they gave us impossible expectations. The managers played favorites, and were complete bullies to their other coworkers. One manager would smoke in the store as the other would drink before he came in. They would use me for certain tasks that no one else would do. Overwork me like no other. Store manager also isn't very nice. Don't recommend!
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Long hours, yelling, load size, treatment of staff, ect
an okay place
Produce Clerk/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2018
It's overall an okay place to work as long as you choose the right department to work in. Customers can be really rude but all you can do is keep a smile on your face and keep walking. all the upper managers are horrible in my store sometimes you'll get some good upper management.
Pros
some people that work there are pretty nice
Cons
not worth the pay and short hours they give.
Poor management
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2018
They over worked you and have the legal ability to keep you at least an hour over the tome you’re scheduled for so just because it says you’ll get off at a certain time you can’t argue that because they can keep you even later than you’re scheduled for, you have to give a heads up at the beginning of your shift or sooner that you want to leave on time today.
Pros
Discount
Great Starting Job
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COOctober 17, 2018
If you are looking for a job just to have or to get used to the workload then this is the place for you. I love my job, for the most part, however, now that I am a Senior in high school looking for colleges and have other things to do for school like something called a Senior Project, I am attempting to move on from this job. For my Senior Project, it requires a lot of money to do. With this job, I will not be able to work on my project.
Opportunity to advance
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2018
Working with the public and employees on a daily basis would have challenges!
In my 26 years at King Soopers I held several positions. The company allowed me to thrive as a leader, and gain confidence in myself. King Soopers is a Company that believed in my ability to grow and provided the right opportunity for my family and I
Pros
Good Health Insurance!
Cons
Sometimes was no time for breaks.
Job duties
Bakery Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 9, 2018
Overall I loved my job at kingsoopers but I didn't care for the lack of training that was provided in order to do my job effectively an not get yelled at for not completing something I was never trained to do. Putting more job responsibilities on one person enough for 3 people and only giving 8 hours to do so. I tried numerous times to get some more training only to be told they don't give out more training. I'd think if they promote you they'd train you thoroughly and or get a fellow worker in management to give proper training.
Pros
Benefits an some incentives
Cons
Lack of training an favoritism
Job Description and my typical day at work at King Soopers
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80013December 31, 2018
My responsibilities at King Soopers was help bag groceries to cashier, return groceries back where they belonged, recover shopping carts from out side and sweeping and moping.
A typical day at King Soopers was fast past, constantly busy.
Pros
Great team work, good atmosphere, and very good outgoing managers.
Keep on your toes, stick up for yourself
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 9, 2018
Fun until the best friends come along. To much seniority, you can work yourself to death but at the end of the day. They don’t care and you won’t get treated with the respect you show you deserve. By only some manigment. Others are only getting paid what they treat you like. Lots of drama, and you’ll end up putting most effort.
Excellent Programs
PHARMACY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 30, 2018
The company has done an excellent job implementing clinical practice with pharmacy practice. The difficult part is having the proper amount of time to perform those activities. Sometime it takes 40 minutes to complete a comprehensive medical review and the prescriptions and immunizations are all waiting for you as the only pharmacist at times.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short on pharmacist hours