King Soopers
55Below average

King Soopers Employee Reviews

United States1,688 reviews
Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
Few times store management was poor
I often had store managers overstep and didn't really know the process of the requirements for the job in the pick up area. The environment was great and not too stressful. Often peaceful when the job was done correctly. Customers almost always ended up leaving satisfied
They were hard on me and i was pregnant
They threatened to fire me because I had to take off to have my baby so I quit. There were some employees that were nice to me and there were some that were extremely disrespectful to me
It depends in who you work for
I had the most amazing boss I've ever had at the beginning of my career at kings. You can make your way up quick in the company, however there is no help to obtain goals. Always was promised training, which I never got, an no matter how hard I worked I was always put down an lead me into a deep depression. I eventually quit because of sleep deprivation, and was at the lowest point in my entire life.
Horrible Company
I went to this company because I heard it was a good company to work with. Little did I know, 18 months later it is full of empty promises, bad ethics and morals, horrible management, terrible benefits, and the list goes on. In addition, you have to work for an entire year before you get to use any vacation and forget about being able to use your sick time. You have to be gone for three or more days with a doctors note in order to use any of it. If you miss two days and have a doctors note, you just don't get paid for those days but yet they say "you get a week of sick time to use". I was in management and could keep going but I will stop now, just stay away from this company.
They are very friendly
I like some of the people there I haven't worked there since April 2019 after I had my son but even now that I go in there they know me even the people I never really talked to and I'm comfortable there there is a lot of people who are knew that were hired on after I left and they are very friendly as well.
Pros
Workers are nice as long as you have respect
Cons
Something they don't have what I need or I just can't seem to find it sometime.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Sales Associate
Good work environment good pay. Nice company for starter job or looking for a good career choice. I enjoyed working at King Soopers. It was very family friendly and the management tried there very best to make sure all the customers were happy.
I don't think I have a title
It was fun got to meet a lot of people and are still in contact with most of them so not bad however I have to say way way underpaid but over great company to work for
Productive, hardworking and good advancement opportunity
Must be able to provide great customer service while overseeing workload and daily general store operations all while maintaining proper safe work habits and safe food handling procedures. Must be able to multi task in order to keep pace with the fast and diligent work enviroment.
Productive and a fun workplace
It was an enjoyable work experience because the managers made my life really easy when training me. All the employees there also had a happy smile and were excited to work.
Life Changing
While there were definitely some ups and downs I loved my coworkers and loved the fast paced environment. I definitely had an experience there that will be hard to replace. Hopefully after everything with Covid-19 blows over, they’ll welcome be back with open arms since that’s the only reason I had to resign
Not a good place to work
I enjoyed the job requirements and the job itself but did not like or get along with management. They also always never gave me days off I requested in advance.
Was the worst place I've ever worked
I was hired "off the street" as they put it. I was a head clerk and then also a GM manager. I was treated terribly. Their culture is really disgusting. I also worked over 60 hrs a week. Beware. Upper management treat everyone terribly. They figure if you decided to work in the grocery business you must have some issue. They micromanage to the extreme. Even though there's training to fo your job.

NhaveNitenoughwmprogplace.ieffectiprograms
Mistakes
There is favoritisms in this company the manager dos not care if you have experience degrees or background, you chat with them after work they get you at a higher level. Very rude upper management.
Getting some work experience as a teenager is the only benefit
The hiring process started off pretty rough. It took them over a month to get me started and the manager lied about trying several times to contact me. He had me drive back and forth just to fill out a couple paperwork. Once I did get started, training was not clear at all. There was no description in the online courses I needed to take, and I had people who only worked there for a few days train me. Clicklist is a pretty easy job, but the environment you work in contributes to a long day at work. It is hardly organized, but I guess it's something they expect employees to get used to. Scheduling is a mess. You have access to look it up online but it was wrong, and they ended up having to contact everyone each day they messed up on times. Planning ahead on your days is almost impossible with the only exception that you know that you'll be working that day but not knowing what time. The Clicklist department area is way too small for the amount of orders they have to fulfill (if you have claustrophobia you may need to take a lot of breaks) and it can be hard to shop while helping customers because you are timed. It would be great to see some changes to this department due to the fact it is becoming so popular.
Pros
Work experience, Get paid
Cons
Management, Scheduling, Hiring process
Low pay for the work expectations
This company just cares about their wants/needs, family means nothing to them, taking vacations, or sick days they will ridicule you for and treat employees like they mean nothing, but think they are doing great and allow store management to harass, threaten and talk down to employees than hide it under paperwork.
Generally Okay
Most things working for the company are good. The downsides are a schedule that you never know ahead of time. You can never really plan much of anything because your schedule is posted a day before you may or may not have to work. The compensation itself is pretty low. Both of these downsides change once you have tenure, but that will take many years to obtain.
Productive workers, upper management tends to have issues.
Days were usually busy with fried chicken orders or deli slicing, morning prep was simple, clean up took quite some time at night. assisting customers is a simple task usually, very rarely had rude customers.
Sampling is encouraged to give a better recommendation for customers.

A great starting job or long term if you push hard and work for manager.
it was fun
Worked with produce the managers were cool ...the flex of shifts were a bit of a damper but over all a nice place to work at. Helped out other department when need.
not very organized. Poor management.no training, no insentives.
Definitely will not be saying anything good about them. O- except for the location being about 100 yards or rather a football field away. SO CLOSE TO HOME. There is no real training, everyone there is just waiting for there next break or lunch time cause nobody's happy there.
I wouldn't recommend store 40
I hurt my back, left 20 minutes before the end of my shift in pain & I was let go $25 and $150 bonuses for working through the coronavirus never got. Very unfair overstressed and underpaid.
Unfun work place
Not a very good place to work they make you do all these jobs but don't pay you what they should for the job that you are doing and always trying to schedule people late even when they couldn't and kinda mean when it wasn't the way they wanted.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at King Soopers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at King Soopers.