King Soopers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced at busy stores, some poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 19, 2018
I worked at the busiest store in my area, so it was very fast paced. Which I am not complaining about at all, that was an up side! We even held "competitions", where we were timed on our items per minute, and given prizes for being in the top three. It was a pretty fun and exciting job. Only downside I can think of is, my department manager was friends with fellow cashiers. So he would favorite them over everyone else, and even treat others very poorly. I quit because nobody cared about his behavior and I was tired of the favoritism. It happened with multiple supervisors, he was just the worst one.
Pros
Exciting, Fast paced, good raises
Cons
poor management
Nice Co-Workers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2018
My Co-workers were nice but I didn't really enjoy the job. It was fast paced sometimes, but I noticed that the cashier's would have to constantly ask me to do an age check for alcohol, cigarettes and other things that needed an ID check for. So, I would have to leave my job in bagging to go do the cashier spot, while most of the time the cashier would just stand there and not help me bag, then go back and bag and be behind in bagging. That is fine to do when it is slow but when there is a line that should not be happening. They should have an age limit on the cashier if that is the case. Also, I was told I would only have to push carts in twice ( you do it for an hour each) and there was times when I was sent out on carts 3-4 times a shift and pushing carts inside, I did that for an hour. So between 3-4 hours of pushing carts is not good on your back. Plus breaks, you got them but you never got the full amount because the time you get back to the break room or back up front, you never get the full 15 min or 30 min break for lunch.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Short Breaks, starting pay
Productive and engaging environment
PRODUCE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2018
Overall, King Soopers is a great job to learn a wide variety of skills, engage and build relationships with people, and is fantastic with general benefits.
Fun at first until they start taking atvantage of you.
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 16, 2018
This place use to be fun until they started taking advantage of me. They would never tell me when they change my shifts. They put me on night crew without telling me and I found out 2 days before I had to start the night crew. It gave me no time to try to fight it or change it and now I'm stuck on the night crew. They have done this to me several times. Management is poor. They told me I would go back to days after they hire someone for the graveyard shift, but they scare everyone away because they only offer $10.50 an hour. No body wants to do a graveyard shift for $10.50 an hour.
I loved the people I worked with. The customers were friendly. My bossed mad sure I was learning what it was I needed to learn.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  80th and wadsworthJuly 16, 2018
Working at King Soopers Deli was fun exciting I learned a lot about meets I learned a lot about how to use the machines and had away stuff with the best cheeses for what goes with what food and what cheese goes with what sandwiches. I also learned how to make deli sandwiches different kind of ways. I learned how to make different kinds of salads. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Discounts on the meat and cheese
Inconsistent leadership
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 16, 2018
King Soopers has a lot to offer, but they seem to be cutting back on labor and costs too much. Management is trying to keep pace with the changes, but it is hard to get the same direction from the different managers. Each one is making his or her own interpretations of the changes, so there is no consistent leadership direction.
Pros
Benefits for full time and part time
Cons
Too caught up in changes making the environment stressful
Good company and lots of room for advancement
Store Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Federal Heights, COJuly 15, 2018
I have enjoyed working for the same company for 20 years. they have room for great advancement and great benefits. We are just relocating to a new city and that is why I am leaving.
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 13, 2018
Kings is a good place to work compared to similar jobs. Expectations are high, so it is stressful, but there is good benefits, job security, and great pay if you find the right position. Opportunities are great for advancement and even changing career paths.
Pros
Pay, benefits, job security
Cons
Flexibility with your personal schedule, Store managers can be awful
What Ive Learned
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 12, 2018
How to be a independent hard working woman stocking groceries as well as working dairy I can truly say I worked very hard for all the jobs I've had . Customer service should come into play long before any problems or issues arise. Anticipate service issues that may occur. For example, you can offer manuals for products that you sell, include troubleshooting tips on your website, offer and make sure that customer service contacts are prominently available for online and real world customers. Make yourself or your employees available to answer questions and help lead customers to the products or services that best fit their needs. Keep prices reasonable so that customers feel they are getting a good value.
store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2018
there is many ways to advance there it a okay place to work when you dont have kids. people yelling at you. helping people with sending money and cashing checks
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, COJuly 11, 2018
My advice is to know how you can make the most money. If you get hired as a bagger, you eon't get a raise so try and move up as quickly as you can. Great benefits.
Great 1st job for a kid in highschool - teaches values and work ethic
Cashier/General Merchandise/Bakery (Former Employee) –  Bennett, COJuly 11, 2018
I worked at King Soopers while I was in high school to help pay for my gas and insurance on my vehicle and any extra money for activities in my spare time.
Cooperative work, chill and laid back break room, nice air conditioning for the front end.
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at King Soopers. It was a fun, relaxed job that had its days of being past-paced but that was expected with the position I was working.
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 7, 2018
Great first job but fast paced for low compensation. It is mandatory at the end of every night King Soopers will throw away the non sellable food in the deli including the deep fried chicken made daily. Employees should be able to take home food or donate the food to a shelter. Throwing it away is not a good solution
Pros
Job security opportunity for growth
Cons
Low compensation
Typical corporation with no concern for the individual.
Night Crew Foreman (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COJuly 5, 2018
Most days were 12 hours long. Work until work is done with no relief whatsoever. Management only cares for results, but will limit your ability to achieve said results by not giving the tools to successful complete job duties.
Good
Cc casher night crew (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 5, 2018
It a great place to work for it going pay good benfet good people you get brack payed vacation time sick pay get discount on food it a fast pace job it great
friendly
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at king soopers because of the busy environment. I love that type of work setting because there is always something to do and there's a high volume of people.
Pros
friendly
Cons
It wasn't always organized
Decent place to work, good first job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 29, 2018
The management was great and I got a lot of hours. I disliked the moderately low wages I was paid and the lack of flexibility in scheduling was upsetting. Coworkers were great and the environment was decent.
I only worked there for a summer
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJune 26, 2018
The managers and the people there were really friendly and helpful as I was getting started. I did enjoy working there because of the people. The days were long and hard though.
Good company
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2018
The company is in a constant state of growth and that can sometimes mean there are limited areas to grow and learn. This company does it's best to ensure they can promote from within.