King University Employee Reviews

Never gives raises
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 18, 2019
They don't believe in giving raises for their support staff, regardless of how long an employee has been with the university. Not even a cost of living raise, Several employees have been there for many years and have never been given a raise
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
No Raises EVER
Relaxed
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 9, 2019
It was an okay to work as a student. They worked with my schedule and they were extremely nice. I wish I could have had more hours though, but you can only have so many as a student worker.
Pros
Worked with my schedule
Cons
Too slow
Continued Education at King University
Student (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 11, 2019
I actually attended classes at King University, I was not employed there however, I enjoyed attending classes at King University they fit in well with my schedule and family life.
Pros
Only attend class one night per week
Cons
A lot of studying at home
King Culture
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 19, 2018
The full time professors and other adjunct faculty members are helpful. Teamwork is promoted. The courses are solid and comprehensive and faculty is always willing to share new ideas with each other.
Pros
Autonomy is facilitated and encouraged
Cons
Low pay
King
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCEAugust 28, 2018
King is a nice place to work with a good student-oriented learning community. There are some really great people at this school who do their best to help their students advance in their careers and in their personal lives.
My time with King University
Editor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 30, 2018
I absolutely loved my time at King University.
It was one of the best opportunities I've ever had. The work was good, it was satisfying.
I miss those days.
Pros
I could work in between classes and choose the hours I could work
Cons
It was not a permanent position
Advance Medical Support Asst (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 8, 2018
None at this time to report about King University other than i liked the college and all the Professors I had during my Bachelors Degree and to my Masters Degree.
Great place to work when at college
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 15, 2018
Very co-operative to work for, especially when being a student athlete. Understand when you need time off and when times get stressful. Learned how to create community within the campus.
Great entry level job
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 7, 2018
Great way to gain experience in communication. It is a great environment with school breaks. It is enjoyable for me to see the students I have helped.
Great People
Career Services Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 30, 2018
great people to work with, not enough hours and no advancement opportunities. Very difficult to get things done in a timely manner, but people are willing to help.
Part-timer
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 30, 2018
I teach part time for the money. Its barely worth it. I do not like that I am required to submit a review before I can get to the next step. Big Disincientive.
Excellent School
Regional Director of Recruitment for Nashville (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNAugust 13, 2017
I loved working at King University. My days were all different, but it was nice. The culture was good overall. I learned a ton about recruiting and business development.
Pleasant Christian environment
Part-Time Faculty (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 27, 2017
I was drawn to King because of its Christian environment. As a student and employee, it is a great place. From leaders to students, you will have a close family feeling. You will develop personally and professionally. Their mission is to build meaningful lives of achievement and cultural transformation in Christ. As faculty, we are groomed to educate students in an academically rigorous and
collegiate setting that integrates their Core Values which leads to meaningful lives of achievement.
Pros
Weighing Pros and Cons
Cons
I have yet to find a con. King works with your personal goals.
Great Adjunct Position
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 18, 2017
King University is a great educational experience and is wonderful to work for! They give structure yet are flexible so that you can teach the material in your own way!
king university
Sports Broadcast Interviewer (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 29, 2017
King is very a professional work place. I appreciate the opportunities that i was able to achieve their. I have reached numerous goal that will help me in the future.
Christian University
great colleagues
work/life balance
flexible schedule
King University
Business Administration Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 15, 2017
Enjoyable and respected educational institution; great selection of courses available to the faculty and the students; dedicated and driven student body.
King University is a very good place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2016
I have enjoyed working at King University. The people there have been very nice, respectful, and supportive. The program is strenuous, but I enjoy working with the students and really believe in the mission of the university.
Fast paced environment.
Security Support Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNNovember 8, 2016
Deal with parking issues, assist guests, interact with parents and other members of the King community. Train students and various departments on campus. Assist the Director of Safety and Security with scheduling, reports, data entry, complaints, hiring, emergency response, training of officers. Notary public for the university. Liaison for other departments; athletics, facility services.
Pros
Flexibility, convenience
Cons
Working extra hours and working both office and patrol due to not enough help
Excellent School
Administrative Representative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 18, 2016
This is such an amazing school, a typical work day was inputting information into the computer and calling students and giving tours of the school. I loved all my co-workers, we all worked well together. Again leaving was the hardest because I moved. Getting to see all of my co-workers and giving tours to prospective students.