King of Pops Employee Reviews

Awesome work place.
Frosty freak (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2019
I haven’t loved a job so much until I started working here. They are amazing and work with me on whatever the case may be. It’s very diverse, hard working, and loving environment.
Pros
Great team and works with your schedule.
Cons
Non to me
Great people
Slinger (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 3, 2019
Love that you basically set your own hours!!! So work/home life is balanced. The people are always kind and helpful! Great for networking! Love the vibe here!
Pros
Discounted pops!
Cons
No benefits
Great people to work with
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
Love this place and everything they have to offer. They worked with me and my busy schedule. They gave me the opportunity to grow and become a better person
Very relaxed work environment
Slinger (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 13, 2019
The environment was very laid back, which was fitting for being a beach town type of company. The people I worked with and for cared about the vision of the company as well as the enjoyment of their product by the customers
Fun place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2018
Pretty fun and casual work environment. Opportunity to advance/create your own position since it is a really small company. Pay is decent but not a reason to work here.
Productive fun place to work with good vibes only!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2018
We are all about creating unexpected moments of happiness (Umohs) and making this environment an enjoyable place to be! King of Pops Charlotte has events with the community and always makes sure that our slingers are going out on their shifts with positive vibes and great energy!
Pros
pops during your shift, discounted bulk pops, fun events to work
King of Pops Operations Leader
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2018
Starting as a Slinger, King of Pops has been nothing but positivity, which is the company mission! We strive to create a great experience for customers and employees alike.
Fun place to work
Pop Slinger (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 26, 2018
King of Pops was a very relaxed environment! I really enjoyed the actual work and the people I worked with. Never a dull day but also not too much work went into it. If you are looking for a summer job, this is the place!
Pros
2 pops per shift longer than 4 hours, could take a chair for events lasting longer than 4 hours, integrity based
Cons
No real breaks when at an event, had to drive or be driven everywhere
Fun and creative
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 27, 2016
positive atmosphere where you get to learn a lot about responsibility. fulfilling to give back and to also be involved in local businesses.
Best work environment
OPERATIONS SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2016
Really relaxed work environment.Super fun and everyone is welcoming and nice. Can be stressful from time to time but it is worth it
Great group of hard working people
Turner Field Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A laid back work place with a hard working team that with the help of each other make a great team work, allowing the operations to run and be executed.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No benefits and no job security
Not Just a Popsicle Company
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2015
A typical day as a shift leader includes management of day to day operations within a team oriented environment. This includes ensuring punctuality for multiple events throughout the day and evening, money management of different forms of payment, and quickly solving any problems that might arise.
I've learned through my time with King of Pops that a healthy and friendly work environment makes ones job much more enjoyable and less like work.
Being a small business management is a very close group of individuals who are very involved with the entire scope of the company.
My coworkers have become some of my closest friends in and outside the work place. We have built a system of interpersonal relationships that results in mutual understanding and support for everybody involved.
The hardest part of my job is difficult to pinpoint. I would say that because the business is smaller that at times resources are not as easily accessible as they would be in a larger business setting.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have been able to form a personal connection with almost all of my coworkers. The message that our company delivers is to bring positivity to everybody that we interact with and we bring that not only to our customers but to each other as well.