Kingman Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor pay
SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZOctober 10, 2018
Managers and supervisor need more training pay needs to be better should not have to use PTO if we call in sick or go home sick if we do not want to. It is time we work hard to get and to have to use if if your department is closed for a holiday and you don't work 40for the week. Should get more hours towards PTO if we don't get raises or paid decent pay for experience
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lake of management
Staff too old management doesn't care wage low
LNA (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 8, 2018
Wages are low, can't make a decent living teachers complain and strike but if we did or even bring it up might as well watch ur butt as the door shuts. Nurses are too old and mean to do their jobs. Management doesn't know the story and sides with the first person to cry like a 2 year old. Any med dent or vision is getting raised so now cost more for less. Day staff complain about night staff and vise versa. Heaven forbid you wear the wrong color gray unless ur dating or married to a nurse or lead. No appreciation for picking up extra shifts or staying late or for doing a whole unit yourself. Lack of training is your own fault.
Pros
Free coffee from cafeteria only until 715pm
Cons
Benefits, old mean staff, lack of training, wages are low
If you're not in a clique you'll never survive the hostile environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 10, 2019
They will work you beyond exhaustion; NO management support - the middle-management are the worst and are hands-off unless they have an axe to grind. Middle-mgmt likes to be "buddy-buddy" with their minions, and if you're not in that clique for whatever reason, the ENTIRE OFFICE makes the work experience awful. You'll be lucky to get a couple days of training before you're cut loose to sink or swim. It seems like you're encouraged to backstab and gang up on staff. Rules are on a sliding scale and are enforced randomly while others violate policies and procedures. Office politics rule instead of patient-centered care. If you're a good liar and like to play games, then the pay is about average, but the health benefits for the largest healthcare employer are poor at best. Even the various providers have to spend an inordinate amount of time tracking their own revenues instead of utilizing a better model of care, such as Mayo Clinic - despite their advertisement of being connected with them, they certainly haven't learned from Mayo. You'd get better benefits working at the local casinos by far. I felt relieved when I turned in a notice and got out of that environment.
Pros
Benefits start quickly, eve though they're surprisingly bad. They're always hiring.
Cons
Open culture of harassment is encouraged; no training for your position.
great place to work
INSURANCE COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 30, 2018
great community, great career advancement, great management, benefits are nice, no real complaints. must have a strong work ethic but other than that great place to work.
Rural Hospital
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZ 86409August 16, 2018
Kingman Regional Medical Center is in a moderate sized town but controls 98% of the medical facilities in the town. There is no competition for medical services due to this monopoly. There are opportunities for advancement due to the sized of the facility.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
a lot of 'Clicks' and favoritism
Great work environment
Admitting Representative/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 16, 2018
KRMC was like a second family. I loved going to work everyday and looked forward to it. Everyone was very helpful and kind. Management was great and I felt comfortable with them.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work in a small town
Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZ 86409October 22, 2018
Great place to work in a small town, great benefits - medical, dental, vision, matching 403b, 30 days PTO, paid jury duty, sick leave, life insurance.
N/a
RN-Surgery/PACU (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 27, 2018
Ok benefits, work-life balance difficult with call and being called in. Great people for the most part, lots of leadership changes and turnover. Gained a lot of experience.
Excellent organization
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZJune 26, 2018
Great group of clinicians. Solid organization. Management is very good to work for. One on one patient care with 45 minute treatment and evaluations. Clinical ladder available.
Pros
Good pay great benefits
Cons
Rural community
They do not practice what they "say" their culture is
Catering/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 2, 2018
Promised a promotion after one year of doing a job that I was not being paid to do I finally left. I was told that in order for me to go back to the position I was hired for I had to justify my position. I was even given a job description with what my new title would be and what the position would look like.

Giving employees false hope to get them to a job is never a good idea. Shame on upper management!
Fantastic
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZJuly 1, 2018
Kingman Regional Medical center is a great place to work. The pay is great, benefits are great. Co workers give their all to help one another, wonderful teamwork.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Great management team
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 31, 2018
KRMC is a great place to work, the management staff ensure the work environment is family friendly with an emphasis of support along with collaborating for time off.
Pros
Shift preferences
Cons
Compensation could be better
Billing Department
Commercial Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZ 86401November 24, 2018
I loved my time working with the staff and management at KRMC. I was first hired to clean up their Workers' Comp accounts, which was my specialty, and when that was done I switched to billing and collections.
Good
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZMarch 1, 2018
This is a decent place to work, managers do need more training tho, but good with working with there employees. The health benefits are extremely expensive and so are there co pays.
Just ok
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZNovember 9, 2018
Not an awful employer. Like most medical fields some Dr are amazing to work with and others not so much. Management will do whatever a Dr wants to retain them in this small backwards town.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Small town
A GREAT hospital for a new RN
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZNovember 18, 2017
I worked med/surg here right out of nursing school. Many of the older nurses "eat their young" and were awfull to work with. However, they were far from the majority. It is considered a teaching hospital and part of Mayo Clinic. In the surgical dept. I had good and bad experiences as well. Many nurses were very helpful in teaching me the ropes, others however, treated me poorly because I wasn't a "local." What a weird bias to have!
Pros
GREAT benefits
Cons
The mean nurses made the job unbearable at times
KRMC was good to me and I learned a lot. I was able to perfect my skills daily.
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 14, 2018
KRMC was a good starting point for my nursing career. I learned a lot as a new nurse and soon became charge nurse and preceptor to students and new hires
Pros
Nice staff, small community
Cons
Many traveling nurses hired at once and when census dropped the home nurses are called off
Pretty good
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 19, 2018
I mostly enjoyed my time at KRMC.
Good teamwork. Good hours. Good pay. Chances for advancement. Good benefits. Busy environment. Respectable employees as a whole (ie doctors, RNs, techs, etc)
love krmc
Lead ma (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 4, 2018
i absolutely love krmc. i feel the harbor a feeling of compassion for every single patient and that trickles down from the management to the support staff
Progressive, team-based company with great administration.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZJuly 8, 2018
Community minded, great culture and pays well! Management was well-trained and hand-picked. KRMC has a wonderful team approach to work and helps to balance life and work. CEO is very forward-thinking and approachable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingman Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about