Kings Dominion Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was hot
Game Hostess (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAAugust 12, 2018
Very hot all the time. Long hours. Slave work with low pay. There were a lot of uncertainties. It wasnt very good as far as rhe job and all those specifics but i loved being in the park.
Pros
Park
Cons
It was fine the employes were cool to work with
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, VAAugust 11, 2018
A typical day of work wasn't to hard or too easy, it was just right.
What I've learned at Kings Dominion is communication skills.
Management helped when I needed them, so they were good at their job.Work place culture it goes relaxed to busy depending on the work area. The hardest part of the job was helping the customers find what they need since I really know much about the products that were sold there. The most enjoyable part of job was looking around at some the products that we were selling.
Pros
flexible break schedule
Cons
we paid to eat lunch
Fun Work Place
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAAugust 2, 2018
Busy but easy to do and easy to learn and fun people to help out. Discounts were very good. Food and beverage probably is good for people that"s okay with being in the sun a lot.
Fun workplace.
Park Ambassador (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 29, 2018
I would refer younger adults to work for kings Dominion being that the whole motto is about being fun employed. I did however enjoy my experience there and would possibly use it as a last resort job
Good work place for a summer job for high school and college students
Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 28, 2018
Overall, working at King's Dominion has been a pleasurable experience. It was a good place to work as a high school and college student as it follows most school schedules. As far as it being a long term job, unless you had an in with the higher ups, the chances of being promoted were slim. There is not always a lot of good communication among departments, but relationships were easy to maintain.
Pros
Gives good entry level experience
Cons
Little to no room for promotions
An 'ok' first job
Food & Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 25, 2018
Its a pretty fast paced job, the park gets a few thousand people daily with holidays being the most busy. Depending on where you work the supervisors can be good but most of them were not the greatest and did not treat me very well.
Pros
Discount and get in for free
Cons
No benefits
Kings dominion is a great and suitable job for a first time worker. Kd (kings Dominion) is a great fun , skillful , and competitive job.
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 22, 2018
Kings dominion is all about work and having fun while working . They are strict yes because they have to be , but they also make the job fun. Amazing way to have fun .
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Discount on food wasn’t fair
First Job Experience
Food and Beverages associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 19, 2018
Overall for Kings Dominion begin my first job, I learn some information about what it takes to have a full function job. It was a good experience after all.
It has changed a lot since I was there
Security Ops Manager-Police Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 19, 2018
When I was there it was under another company (Paramount). I have heard that things are not as good now under Cedar Fair. But I have no first hand knowledge
Discounts are nice and free entry
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 19, 2018
Typical day
Learn different things everyday
Sometimes stressful
Supervisors respond back slow
Parents yelling
Discounts
You can go to other Cedar Fair parks
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working overtime with no pay, supervisors respond back slow and getting yelled at from parents.
Fun expeirence of a workplace.
Gamer Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 13, 2018
The job was ok but there is too much work that you have to do there for only a short amount of pay that you get. It was kind of stressful due to the standing in the hot all day long. Also this job that I did used to work for was seasonal, only open around certain times periods of the year.
Pros
Provide water.
Cons
Decent amount of breaks.
Kingsdominion
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJuly 8, 2018
A typical day at a the park is crowded I've learned that amusement parks can be too fun sometimes.The managers was good supporters and leaders for whatever you needed.
Review
Park Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 29, 2018
Kings Dominion was an interesting job. Most days you are actually working in the trenches with your managers. Other day you work with a team. Definitely a place to work if you're a people person.
Pros
You meet people from all walks of life.
Cons
Long hours in the sun.
Really fun
RIDE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 27, 2018
I really liked working at kings dominion. The management not so much. The hardest part of the job was definitely staying out in the sun for long periods of time but working with children was a ton of fun.
Pretty cool
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2018
The work was hard, challenging and long but, it was a lot of fun meeting new people. I gained food, restaurant and customer service experience I could use for a new job.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Nice Breaks, great supervisors
Cons
Some Area Managers too strict, customers were very rude sometimes.
Fun and gave a lot of new experiences
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 19, 2018
Working as a lifeguard for Kings Dominion is very hectic but worth it! It was a wonderful experience and plenty of fun. The job is very detailed and you must follow every rule and procedure to a T. The hours were long and the days were very hot but the atmosphere made it feel like time was going fast.
Pros
food truck
Cons
short breaks and only one
Productive and a fun and exciting workplace .
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 17, 2018
Kings Dominion have a lot of pros and cons but it really is a fun and exciting workplace never a dull moment. They just work you like crazy in the sun with short breaks .
Summer Time Fun
Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 12, 2018
This is a good summer time or teenaged seasonal job. I worked Halloween Haunt for my first two years starting at age 16 and then lastly as a game hostess in The Grove. Haunt pays you more money but regular jobs give you the most hours. All in all the pay isn't that great and the hours kind of suck for the commute I had to do, but I didn't care. It made me money and I didn't need to rely on anyone else.
Pros
Discounted food, Free tickets for Haunt
Cons
Could not play games if you worked in games, hours were long and pay was low.
Bad work place
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 10, 2018
Admissions was a good department very family like since its a small department but it had low pay. When I became a Culinary Lead in the Food& Beverage department I learned how horrible Kings Dominion is most supervisors are mean and rude and expect you to do the impossible and the resteraunts are unsanitory aswell
Pros
Free tickets
Cons
Bad enviroment, low pay for base associates, most people only recieve 30 minute brekas for a 10 hour shift
Fun and a great experience
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJune 2, 2018
Working as a character day and night on the weekends was extreme, but it paid well. In addition to that, you had a free meal each shift. Nothing beats being able to make kids smile during the day, then at night transforming into a terrifying monster and scarring those very same kids. (Not to mean that as I hate kids, it's just fun that you get paid to scare people)
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
People occasionally "accidentally" assault monsters for doing their job...