Kings Dominion Employee Reviews

Best job
Park Services Host (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VANovember 10, 2018
I love working here cause I have made so many friends and you got great benefits like free admission or family tickets after a short time. I would recommend working here but I do want to work somewhere closer when I am not working here.
Fun place to work!
Fire and EMS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VANovember 9, 2018
This place unfortunately doesn't pay the best and the majority of the jobs are seasonal but it is still a really fun place to work. You got free admission to the park, discounted admissions to other Cedar Fair parks, discounts on food and merchandise at the park, discounted guest tickets, etc. Plus working Halloween Haunt was probably my favorite time of the year! Such fun! Just doesn't pay well or offer benefits for seasonal employees.
Pros
Free admission to the park
Cons
No benefits or paid leave
its okay
Lifeguard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VANovember 6, 2018
you get a lot of hours, twelves hours a day five days week and even more if you want. they pay lifeguards well, wouldn't recommend working for any other department.
Good work place
Supervisor in charge (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VANovember 1, 2018
Great place to work! I loved working with people from all over the world, and meeting great people. Only down side is the 12 plus work hour shifts and not really having any personal rime off.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of new people.
Cons
Hours are long. Hardly have any personal time during the summer
productive & fun
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 18, 2018
I loved working at kings dominion because it was fun & I was getting paid good until they started cutting my hours and sometimes they’ll leave me outside for too long before I go on break & it was summer time
Interactive and fast-paced
GAMES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 17, 2018
Working at King's Dominion had its ups and downs. However, an associates job, specifically, games; was a good experience. Nevertheless this job is suited for high schooler due to the fact that the hourly pay is not high enough to sustain someone for a long period of time when you exercise commute and other bills.
Pros
free entrance and tickets
Cons
short breaks, weather, pay
Fun Work Place,
Front Desk Associate, Benton Hall (Former Employee) –  Benton Hall, HousingOctober 10, 2018
Working with associates from different countries was fun and exciting, Learning their culture was very interesting. The hardest part of my job is sometimes it's not enough staff to maintain the safety of all residents
Productive workplace with locker room and canteen provided for employees.
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 5, 2018
A typical day of work at Kings Dominion would be to greet and communicate with customers, clean your station and cooperate well with your team. The hardest part of the job is the standing which can be from 3-4 hours in extreme weather conditions.
Pros
Discounts on food in the park and canteen.
Cons
Can not play any games inside the park, you have to purchase the prizes.
Very fun to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 5, 2018
It was great just very hot, I love my managers and I love my coworkers I enjoyed the free tickets that I got after working 150 hours it was a great learning experience for me
Pros
Free drinks
Great place to work if you’re looking for flexibility
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAOctober 4, 2018
Very upbeat environment. Lots of room for advancement but development needs help. Teamwork is huge and must be a people person. High standard for customer service
Work Day
Rides Host (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VA 23047September 26, 2018
The typical work day is usually moderately paced. We test all rides early in the morning and ensure that they all at functioning correctly. We then ensure that all customers and patrons at enjoying themselves and getting good service. We end the day off shutting down all rides and clocking out.
Pros
Free tickets to the park and unlimited access to the theme park.
Cons
Lomg hours
depends on how you make it
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 20, 2018
this isn't a bad place to work at you just have to make the best of it it might be long days sometimes but with the right people the day goes pretty fast.
Disorganized
RIDE OPERATOR/ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2018
It's been a while since I worked for Kings Dominion but within the time I did work there I found it very unwelcoming and disorganized. There was an instance where I had told a manager I wouldn't be able to work due to school yet I still got in trouble for not coming to those shifts.
Pros
Free tickets to the park
Cons
short breaks, long hours
great summer job
Rides Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VASeptember 15, 2018
Fun job with good pay for summer work. Opportunity to meet lots of people from different areas. Have fun employee events. Highly recommend giving this place a try if your in school looking for summer work.
got along with customers and coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service, games, (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VASeptember 15, 2018
Work environment was very good, most customers have positive attitudes. Other Employees enjoyed working with and around me because of my positive attitude.
Pros
good lunches
Cons
breaks weren't that long
Very long hours, very hot
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VASeptember 13, 2018
The management can lack empathy for it's "team members" and often loses sight of the limitations of one person. You are expected to make Kings Dominion your entire life. Do not work here if you can't deal with the heat.
Pros
Discounts, Free Tickets, reasonable breaks, great coworkers
Cons
bad management, heat, long hours
Be prepared to work in all conditions
AQUATICS TEAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VASeptember 11, 2018
You will most likely spend a majority of your time working outside whether its sunshine or rain. They are strict on your breaks. Cellphone policy is taken very seriously here.
Great place to work.
HUMAN RESOURCES - OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VASeptember 3, 2018
If you want to have fun while working Kings Dominion is the place for you. It's also a great place to to learn and get great hands on experience as you start your career.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No healthcare if you're seasonal
Employees are treated horribly
Remain Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Remain AnonymousAugust 31, 2018
Worked in Middle Management. Employees ( 16 to 18 primarily) treated horribly. I am a parent, I would not have one of my children work there. Standing outside of Upper Management office, I overheard Head Manager refer to employees with the phrase "Use 'Em, and Lose 'Em". Parents, do not encourage your loved ones to work here. It will give them a horrible first impression of the working world.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Horrible Management
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAAugust 22, 2018
Fun place to work however in the summer time can get extremely hot in certain areas. The pay was pretty decent, however the policy for time is pretty sctrict.