Kings Dominion Employee Reviews

Poor care
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAApril 23, 2018
They don't care about employee's. There was one day where it was Above 90 degree's and they made employee's go on the course without water being provided. That same day I passed out from dehydration.
Good entry job for young people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAApril 12, 2018
It's a good job as a young persons first job.Will face challenges dealing with heat and long days.Some managers are more reasonable/caring than others.Pay varies depending on position and if you've previously worked there.
Kings Dominion Sweet Tooth
shift leader (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 31, 2018
A typical day at Sweet Tooth would be projecting great customers service by serving the customers ice cream and smoothies with a positive attitude. I learned that not all customers will be happy when they come to your working area, so being patient and having a well equipped attitude is key for a functional operating working environment.
Pros
discounts, free visitation
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace with amusement park and activities
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 31, 2018
A typical work day at Kings Dominion was fast-paced and hard work. I've learned how to communicate well with all customers.I also learned how to properly deal with an unhappy customer by meeting more of their customer needs. I gave every customer a satisfying experience that made them want to come back. The hardest part of the job had to be trying to make sure that my coworkers were following their orders, but I solved that problem by kindly reminding them of their task and if they didn't follow directions I notified the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be leaving the customers satisfied with their ride experience. I love keeping the customers happy.
Pros
Discounts, free visitation
Cons
short breaks
n/a
Employee (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VA 23047March 29, 2018
I have worked here a long time, long hours, most days are rewarding, the culture is great. Hardest part is managing work life and personal life. Some management are difficult to work with.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 21, 2018
It was a very helpful and starting job. It is a job that is always exciting to have, there is never a dull moment. It's very Busy, hectic, and extremely hot but it is worth it
Pros
The pay and discounts
Cons
short breaks, temperture
Fun workplace but hardwork
Tech (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 26, 2018
It was a very detailed job but in between shows was pretty chill. you have to be focused when you work so that you keep everyone safe and put on a good show.
Pros
Good Break
Cons
No cons
I enjoyed Kings Dominion
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 22, 2018
After beings at King Dominion for over 5 seasons I cant help but think back at the good times I had at my jobs there. Management was good and worked well with me and always made sure I was able to train and advance. My only issue with my time there was we were seasonal workers.
Cons
Seasonal
Fun place to work for kids starting their first job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAFebruary 1, 2018
It was fun working here because I met so many different people from all over the world. I️ got to work with some amazing people while working here. We were always challenged and never knew about it and if we passed we got rewarded.
Pros
Surprise money
Cons
Little to no breaks
fun place to work
Maintenance/Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 28, 2018
Kings dominion is a great company, being outside every day was a plus and working with the new types of people was cool to but I really just loved my job and to work
Pros
free entry
Cons
nothing
Active and Potential benefits
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Dosewell, VAJanuary 26, 2018
Normally when I come into work, I have to help Prep. everything in the restaurant. Such as cleaning the dishes, wipe off tables, prep. the pizza, and dump the trash. The job itself was not too stressful because in the middle of work I can usually take a couple breaks and the benefit is the Manager would let me take a couple slices of pizza and a drink during break.
Sucked butt
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Tough environment, other lifeguards were awful. Nobody cared, but we fronted to the customers that we loved our job when in reality the enivironment was distasteful
Fun workplace
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 21, 2018
It is always busy in Kings Dominion but the enviroment is peaceful and clean. The people are obeying the park's policies so there is not many trouble in handling customers.
Pros
They have their own dormitory
Cons
Random Work Schedule
Very good staff in my building
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff in my building. Though I cannot say the same about all of the managers at the company. A few of the managers got a little power hungry and abused it with the lower level employees in the Food Service Department.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
Not all managers were very good
Productive and fun workplace with characters.
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 15, 2018
This was my first time working in the Merchandise area, and I honestly loved this department. I basically got to play with toys all day, and had to blow bubbles at the kids. I also learned how to work on the Cash Register, and I learned it really quick and fast. Also I liked setting up my work space in the mornings. The hardest part had to be setting the "Cart" because I would have to set up the Leather Treaty bracelets, take out the squid hats, and try to convince people to buy something when they really didn't want to.
Pros
Discounts, made friends.
Cons
30 minute breaks
Fun place to work and very diverse employment.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VA 23047January 9, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of preparing the store for the customers and working with money. While working as a cashier I learned to build a relationship with the customers and make them feel comfortable while shopping, so they would return for more.
Fun place to work if you make the most of your atmosphere. If not, it will be horrible.
Rides Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Some management says some things, some say the other. Some care/ most don't.

When working in rides, you have an amazing opportunity to make the most of your experience by interacting with the guests. When trying to advance, favorites are played and those that follow policy and do their job are typically promoted last.
Pros
Free entry into all Cedar Fair parks, in-park discounts, events
Cons
Seasonal, No benefits, Overworked, No work/ life balance
Great First Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 5, 2018
Kings Dominion is great for teens or young adults with no job experience There was no set way to move up in the company. But it was a friendly environment to work in other then they days we got mandatory overtime.
Pros
get into park for free
Cons
pay for your lunch, short breaks, uniforms
Stressful
Usher (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAJanuary 2, 2018
It was stressful, and you were just a number, not a person. long hours. the way they hired people didn't seem good. They didn't have a lot of good employees
Pros
discounts
Fun workplace
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover County, VADecember 30, 2017
Before we start each day, ride operators should ensure the safety of every guests, I am assigned to kiddie rides, seeing their smiles makes me love my job.