Kings Island Employee Reviews

Good but...
Security Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 14, 2018
There is far to much of an "In" club mentality within the job positions where if you want any chance at advancement you have to first fit the format they want for promotions, and then you have to kiss their rear. All while they lie to your face about "we will consider it" or "no open positions are available" instead of telling you no. Also be careful about your availability they will throw every hour they can at you.
It was a really fun plce to work.
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work and great job for college students wanting to work tons of hours at a dent wage during the summer. However, advancement requires a a tenacity for brown nosing and a strong sense of letting go of any sense of dignity.
Pros
Great staff & and fun work environment.
Cons
Not for those who are easily stressed out by emergency situations or those who are quick tempered.
fun and hardworking
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 6, 2018
I would always have fun training my associates and getting to know the people I work with. I could not have asked for a better staff or management team to get me where I am today in the company. The hardest part of the job was the long hours we had to work sometimes or the stressful packed days.
Overall it was a great place to work.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Kings Island, OHSeptember 5, 2018
My day always started to have a meeting in the morning before the park opened and we go out and take 100+ photos every hour. Yes, standing on your feet all morning from 9am-1pm was tough but the job was great. Sure, you had people be rude and ignore you, but that never stopped us from getting photos of guest.
Pros
Lunch room for employees was cheap.
Cons
Heat
Great First Time Job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 2, 2018
Kings Island is a great place to work as your first job. Flexible hours and a great work environment. Perfect for high school and college students looking for summer work.
Pros
flexible hours, positive working environment
Cons
low pay, seasonal
Perfect for a first job
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2018
Kids always start off in fast food restaurants, or a small store. They need to deal with real customer service. They will finally understand that a soccer mom wanting to talk to your manager is actually a good day, and they'll learn that there is one more annoying thing that beats out a baby crying. Grown men in 90 degree heat. That'll show you how people really are in this world, soft and irritating.
Pros
cheap food, hour breaks
Cons
constantly dealing with vultures on your back
Fast-paced with a local focus
Rides Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 28, 2018
As an associate and supervisor, employment is seasonal, and it is easy to get as many working hours as you like. There is a high standard for guest service, which is shown in the park's grooming standards and reviewing guest complaints/compliments with the personnel that earned those reviews. Upward mobility varies widely from department to department; low turnover in an area likely means fewer opportunities to advance. Still, the atmosphere is generally friendly. You work alongside a crew that becomes familiar to you and will meet many other people in your department. Passholders will remember you if you do exceptional work, and your supervisors will too.
An experience.
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 19, 2018
It was a fun place to work with and make new friends and develop yourself professionally. However, upper management expects you to do things without giving you the tools to succeed, and pushes you past your limits and employee burnout is common.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people, lots of hours, fun place to work.
Cons
Company doesn't show appreciation very well, management expects you to turn thin air into results.
Good
Games Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 17, 2018
Worked during The Haunt. It was cold but fun. A good experience. You get food at the cafe. Free admission with ID card when you work there. I worked in Coney 2 with games.
Pros
Free admission while working there and easy place to work
Cons
Cold during The Haunt.
Quick paced
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 17, 2018
The lines would get very long and people would get cranky, so those two don’t combine. We had to deal with a lot of rude people. The staff was excellent, but the people when they wanted to go would get a little rude or didn’t want to follow rules.
Pros
Discounted food at a very low price
Cons
Standing 12+ hours and had to take a break in groups
Fun workplace, nice coworkers
Games Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 13, 2018
I like the games department it was a cool environment. But next time I want to try a different department. I would want to do Rides the next time I work up there.
Pros
We had to buy our lunch
Cons
It wasn't expensive
Clean and well maintained workplace
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 12, 2018
Usually it would depend on who worked that day and what hours you had. I enjoyed opening more than closing. About half of my co-workers wouldn't listen to instruction and were never working. I would always work pretty hard and when I see them slacking off and not paying attention to customers, it infuriates me. There was always some kind of discourse going on. Supervisors at times would even have a mental breakdown because of constant harassment and bullying yet no one would do anything about it. Other than that with the days when those people didn't work, it was a very fun workplace to be in. My supervisors would make sure everything was clean and maintained properly so as not to look distasteful to customers. We would get along nicely too. Everything else depended solely on what needed to get done that day.
Pros
Discounted lunches, didn't need to pay for entrance tickets
Cons
Distance, No payed vacation days, Discourse
Great place for young adults and teens to work
Food/Beverage Associate Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 11, 2018
Great experience for teens and young adults starting out in work environment. The managers are terrific and very flexible in working with employees accomodating schedules.
Fun to work with and friendly environment
Server, Hostess, and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA, USAugust 5, 2018
This place is great to work for students, I love the benefit of free meals offer to all employees. You get treated like a family here. The downside about this place it don't have benefit offer. This place is always busy so you will be on your feet the whole time your working, great work out.
Pros
Free lunch, dinner snacks etc during your shifts.
Cons
No benefits (health, 401k, paid vacation etc)
Fun and exciting place to work.
PARK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 5, 2018
Kings Island is a great part time job. Your id allows you to get into amusement parks all over North America for free. The environment is fun and happy. You have direct control over your schedule and the days off that you need as long as you get your time off requests in on time.
Pros
Seasonal
Cons
Season
Good job for a young age
Food and Beverage Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 19, 2018
It was a good job. Just didn't like how they would send us places. On a slow day they would send us home after a few hours. It was a fun place good benefits but I wouldn't go back.
It’s fun & u get exercise in
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 16, 2018
You walk around the park a lot & get a lot of exercise in. It gets really hot sometimes but it’s fun & alot of people there. Meaning a lot of things to look at
Fun people
Server (Former Employee) –  ohioJuly 15, 2018
Make good friends and meet people have life long friends and memories. Hot days, lots of work, but get discounts and get lots of hours so you make a good amounts of money working there. You have to stock prizes I was on the games department where we talked on the microphone and stocked prizes.
It was ok
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2018
The work place culture was ok but not so exciting they would send you home if the park didn’t have much people but it was a good paying job to work and be at
Fun and relaxed environment
SFX make up artist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 7, 2018
Working at Kings Island Haunt is a creative and fun work environment for seasonal employees. Flexible hours, a non judgmental work place, to express your creative side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings Island. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about