Kings Island Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 17, 2019
I was there for 4 years and loved it. The pay was good and so were the hours. I worked 55-60 hours a week, and didn't mind it too much because my goal was to save as much money as I could to pay for college. Working here I learned how to be a leader, I learned communication skills and how to be a manager/supervisor to manage a restaurant. Working with my team was fun because we all learned a lot from each other and a lot of us built friendships out of it. The hard part was leaving after being there for so long because everyone was so close. But the most enjoyable part was gaining work experience and friends out of it.
Pros
Lunches were very cheap, employee rides night, pay, hours (depends if you like long hours or not), core cards (given out by management to reward you for good work), free admission to cedar point and other parks.
Cons
Short breaks, work in the heat, hours (depends if you like long hours or not), park dollar days (they're the busiest at this time).
wonderful for a first job
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 13, 2019
pay was great breaks were almost never given out I started working there when I was 16 and was able to work 60 plus hours a week which was amazing only thing I would change is the breaks they work hard and deserve to be given the proper breaks
Pros
pay check
Cons
breaks were almost nonexistent
It's a fine employer
Ride Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 7, 2019
I might be a bit biased on the work/life balance because this was my first job and I hadn't spent a huge portion of my day doing work for someone else before, but the Job itself (ride operator) was a fun job. Interacting with the guests was (mostly) a good fun part of the job, and my coworkers were fun and interesting people. The job itself involved operating the ride while maintaining a high degree of safety. It was a relatively relaxed work environment in between cycles, so long as you did your part in operating the ride quickly while maintaining the safety of the guests you were serving during a cycle. The hardest part of the job was probably running bars, that is, making sure everyone's restraints are done correctly. It doesn't help that I was working The Racer, which is known for trying to get as many cycles done per hour as is possible and safe. Its probably because we run 2 trains at once, which sort of motivates each team running the trains to get it done faster than the other. That part was really fun because it felt like a game trying to get your part of the cycle ready before the other.
Pros
Fun, great culture
Cons
Not enough pay to live off of alone; not as a seasonal worker.
Productive and nice work environment
SUMMER WORK TRAVEL PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 30, 2019
I have gained awesome experience from here and have enhanced my skills especially communication skills, decision making, self-motivation, and leadership.
Money Room
Money Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoyed working in the money room at KI. I was able to work evening and late night so it did not interfere with most of my days. The staff was mature and fun to work with.
Fun summer/ fall job
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 26, 2019
Super fun fall/summer job all the supervisors are good at there job and fun to work with as a cast member I have nothing but good experiences here at the park.
Pros
free entry to the park and a good employee cafeteria
good beginner job
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 9, 2019
super fun and enjoyable coworkers are fun and goofy
some times you get free things
free tickets for friends to come
hardest thing is the strange hour schedules
Pros
fun and enjoyable
Cons
weird hours
Fun and easy to make new friends.
Merchandise-Ride Photo salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Working here has granted me the opportunity to meet new and interesting people and helped improve my confidence in the work place. There are many positions to choose from with a fun and comfortable environment. Some managers can be younger, so they may not be as professional or experienced which can make the job slightly less tolerable. A couple of times there were some rude and condescending administrators. However, there were also so many friendly ones who made the work environment fun. Overall, I had a lot of fun working here. Your coworkers are what make the job the most enjoyable.
Pros
Fun events such as free rides nights for employees, free park access, free tickets for employees, nice management, raise when you return to work there again.
Cons
Some unprofessional and intimidating managers
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 3, 2018
I would show up for work 10 minutes early everyday and prep my place, refilling coolers, prepping food to be prepared and clean everything. One day I would be on food duty and the next I'd be a cashier.
Pros
kings island pass
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHDecember 1, 2018
Working at Kings Island was fun but very time consuming. You make a lot of new friends and you work in different areas when they need help. They have dedicated workers.
Pros
Get in the park free, pays good
Cons
Have to pay for lunch, work on holidays
fun
Supervisor / Cedar Fair (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 26, 2018
working at kings island was the best first job i ever had. you met so many people and made so many friends. its way better than almost any other minimum wage job
Go work anywhere else
Mason - Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 10, 2018
I hated working at King's Island. They work these kids to DEATH (they're all just teenagers) with just a little over minimum wage. Super monotonous work, doing pretty much the same thing for hours on end, and they push their workers over the limit trying to meet "capacity" goals (how many people you can get through the line in an hour). Basically, they make you run and go stressfully fast to meet these goals, yet yell at you when you make errors because you were going so fast. The only thing I really liked is some of the friends I had there. Management was horrific and liked to boss everyone around about what to do while doing little to nothing to help.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Everything else
Soak City Waterpark
Lifeguard and Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 8, 2018
Lifeguarding at kings island has a unique system for scanning the pool. Most people think it looks weird and is annoying. After awhile you get used to it and really learn how to enjoy yourself. There is music all around that you can use to "scan/lifeguard to the beat"!
Pros
Music, Co workers, employee events
Cons
Long hours standing/walking, Short Breaks
Hard and very fast-paced
Bartender Associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 5, 2018
It was a very difficult place to work with no breaks but the pay was fair and it gave me enough for college. It was tiring and I almost thought it was stress me out too much but I made it.
its not my kind of Job and i like to do something more fun adn motivating than just a low basic fortune job working for like food services resturaunt,
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 31, 2018
and do more of something like janitor , cleaning, warehouse packers. i have good experiences with working for deaf communities and they have deaf jobs i could be offer that would help with transportation.
Pros
breaks, restroom, work
Cons
short breaks since long walk out the door outside through huge warehouse
Great people to work with. Poor management.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 24, 2018
Amazing group of people to work with. You begin to feel like a little family, although the management style is very distant from what is actually going on at the bottom level. They don’t really care about you.
Pros
Great people. Discounted food. Free drinks.
Cons
Not many benefits. Supervisor determines length of breaks.
Little room for advancement
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kings Island, OHOctober 22, 2018
Advancement is impossible in some departments and super easy in others. If you are looking for a summer job, this is great. If you are a college student looking for experience then I recommend you go elsewhere because you will not get promoted to full time even after you have a degree.
It's an okay job, but not the best you can get.
Food Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 13, 2018
During the course of my time working at kings island, it was okay at first, then it became stressful due to lack of respect, and any say allowed. Another supervisor, along with myself as one, haven't had any say in regards to how things should be done, etc.

We as supervisors are underappreciated, we are underpaid as to how a warehouse worker should normally get paid (usually around $12-$15, depending on the warehouse company).

During my 2nd season working at Kings Island, heading into the summer, every associate that worked in Food got a pay raise up to $10/hr, while those of us in the warehouse stayed at either $9.50/hr or $9.75/hr.

While they do train you for future careers, I feel you are better off when earning that experience from somewhere else.
Great first job for high school students with fun work environment
Park Services (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Great way to spend a summer by working at an amusement park. Sweeping trash/cleaning restrooms meant walking from one area of the park to another and not being confined to a small space (ie: roller coaster station). Working with other high school/college kids means dealing with drama and the possibility that your immediate supervisor is considerably younger than you are.
Pros
Free admission to all parks in the chain with employee ID, discount on food
Cons
Poor management, long work hours
Fun, but demanding and bosses aren't all that accommodating
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHSeptember 14, 2018
Fun and playful environment, but bosses can be a little harsh and makes work stressful and overwhelming sometimes. You'd have to know your school and family schedule at least 2 weeks in advance, which made it hard to have time for family and friends. Hot and long days.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hot, one 30min break a day, bosses weren't too nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings Island. Our community is ready to answer.