Kings Island
76Above average

Kings Island Employee Reviews

United States425 reviews
Nice place to work if you like hating your job
there are a host of possible job opportunity's at kings island however the only one your want is ride operator, all the other jobs are tedious and boring, plus no one cares that your doing it, managers sell their souls for an extra .50 cents and hour and you have to pay for your own lunch, HAVE FUN.
I loved working here
This was a great place to work. I was elected co-captain both summers and liked being in charge of my crew. My manager trusted me to report on the prizes needed at the gaming areas and helped me keep everyone working on the job they needed to do.
Best years of my life
This is the only job I’ve found myself to be truly happy at!! The crew becomes your family and even the bad days are worth it. This job got me out of my comfort zone and I’m better off from it!!
Kings island
I loved working there mostly other than when my manager would try to argue with me. So I ended up quitting.i don’t like conflict at all. Besides that , it is a great job .
I didn't like it.
A lot of people are rude. The job gets very boring which is weird for an amusment park. I just couldn't enjoy the place. I would rather work someone else.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Fun!
Kings island is a fun place to work. The people are nice, and you are always busy. The rules are simple and easy to follow. In retail, you have set goals and they are manageable.
Not Bad
Some of my supervisors were not the best but the work environment that I was in wasn’t bad majority of the time as long as the supervisor was being fair
King island
While working at king island I knew from the start that i would love working with the company it wasn’t because it was an amusement park it was because of the kind employees that made me feel welcomed when I had my interview.
entertainment
I chose this one because of the excitement that I brings to people lives to see large groups of people together enjoying them selves is satifying in it self .
They are really sloppy
They are really sloppy but it was a fun experience for my first job I really loved it
The funnest part of this job when work was over we would go to the amusement park
King island overall
It was a great experience overall and they teach you so many skills to have it the business field suck as how you interact with people how to stay on task in a busy environment and everyone has a chance to work with a register and learn how to use one they also have trust in their employees with dealing with a lot of money
Varies from department to department but my time in games was fantastic!
It was flexible with my schedule and I could work as many hours as I wanted for the most part. Great people overall and became a little family. Probably my favorite job I've had.
Good Job
It was a good Job and I didn't really have a bad experience there although it is really big and sometimes you can get sent to another station in the park and have to learn a new job fast but besides that everything was ok
Good for a fun, seasonal job.
The actual job is very fun, I love the people I work with and engaging guests. It keeps me coming back because I love what I do and the flexibility had been useful while I completed my Bachelors. There is opportunity to move up within the park, but company-wide it's difficult. The pay isn't particularly good and the benefits are near nonexistent. It's a fun, seasonal job.
How much we all communicated to Eachother
I like how we all got along so well
My co workers had really strong communication skills

We were able to solve problems and resolve them

I worked there
Kings island
It was okay, it was a first job. I feel like i’d do better in retail. I felt like when I worked tolls it was unorganized and I didn’t feel cared about by my supervisor even in the heat. Would not recommend admissions.
I liked it there
If your going to work here make sure your friendly and always with a a smile. Sometimes the managers are on you ,but they’re making sure you do your job well and that the customers are happy
Decent Job
Good starter job. Just was too long a commute for me to continue. Certain lengths of commute allowed for a gas card opportunity but I didn't fall under that. My car just got poor gas mileage.
Nice place to work while you are busy somewhere else.
If you are a student, or you have another job that warrants some extra free time on weekends or other days. This is a fabulous job where you can have fun, provide fun, and take advantage of some great perks. However, most jobs are seasonal, and you will have the first few months of the year without a job here; upwards advancement is rare, but possible. Most managers started out as hourly employees.. but the positions are slim.
Enviornment depends on position
It wasn't a bad place to work, at least where I worked in the park. Of course some other coworkers made the experience less than desirable. Management isn't terrible, but I wouldn't give most I saw a glowing review.
It is a very fun place to work
My work experience was fun, Also hard at some points but you will get use to it. Working at kings island will build your social skills A lot and u will enjoy everything that comes with it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kings Island. Our community is ready to answer.