Kings Employee Reviews

ok for a high school student
Bakery Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, NJFebruary 12, 2018
Management is not the greatest they think they are running a multi dollar store. If you like to work hard for little pay and be treated as though you can be replaced...
Fun work place they treat you with respect and loyalty
Stoker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 18, 2018
It’s was a fun experience while it lasted. The employees are very nice and honest and well mannered. My hours where good enough for my shecdule they always made sure I made it on time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Competitive sales environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2017
Know your product if you don't want someone else taking your sales. Be on time and don't expect to run out of the door at the end of the day. You will be asked to assist in dressing the show floor as well as vacuum. You will learn how to finance customer purchases, You will process your own sales. Everyone is on a cash management / accountability system. Management is hard core. If you have personal business to attend to, make sure you have communicated your needs prior to accepting employment, otherwise your feelings will be hurt...
There are slow periods of this business. It helps that everyone working there is in a similar situation, ask questions if you don't know something and aren't prepared to guess.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
hours, lack of benefits, long days during peak periods
Stressful environment. All calls monitored.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kings Mtn, NCNovember 15, 2017
I did not enjoy this position at all. I accepted phone calls for Lilly Pharmaceuticals from consumers, physicians and pharmacists and was charged with answering questions they may have regarding Lilly medications. This position was all computer and phone. I missed patient care and I didn't feel like a nurse.
Pros
weekdays with weekends off
Cons
stressful
fun place to ward
Cashier and Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  main street in clearfield,utNovember 5, 2017
It was a fun place to work for. The people that worked there were fun and great to work with. My supervisor was great to. I liked working with the public helping to find them what the were looking for and needed.
Messy management
EVENT SERVICE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield MaOctober 30, 2017
Unprepared managers and inexperienced crew. Fun place to work but no room to advance and no real rhyme or reason to executive decisions that were being made. Frequent change of leadership and high turnover for low level employees.
No longer available
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTOctober 19, 2017
The company went out of business last year due to the CEO retiring and the next generation not wanting to take over the responsibilities of running the already dwindling franchise.
Fun
Freight Handler/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, IDSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day at work, we where steady busy always had something to do. Work environment was fun, everyone was nice. Customers where always coming in with returns and questions on layaway or to make payments.
Don't recommend
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Delmont, PA 15626August 16, 2017
I would recommend a better paying restaurant. The management was horrible. The tips are horrible. Maybe as a side job, but you definitely cannot live on just working there.
Excellent company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gooding, IDAugust 11, 2017
Kings is an excellent employer and I wold recommend this company to others who are interested in customer service. The manager was very flexible and willing to work with my needs.
Awesome work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gooding, ID 83330June 26, 2017
This job was excellent for learning and advancement. I enjoyed my peers and was able to have a lot of flexibility with this position.I loved being a part of the team.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working lunches
good company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buhl, IDJune 16, 2017
The company has since closed its doors for good. It was good experience for me. I was in charge of atleast 5 other employees each day. Some days were more challenging than others. I acquired 12 years of customer experience and cash handling.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
i liked the people i worked with
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEMarch 31, 2017
a typical day is being on computer 10 hours / taking phone calls and scheduling shifts for clients/ handling problems that occur w/ caregivers on shift/ or clients issues/ dealing w/ them myself or directing them to the right person. I enjoyed the people i worked with at the company very much. Hardest part was not getting break for 10 hours... management changed alot and could have been better.
Cons
no breaks//under paid
Cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 23, 2017
This was my first job as a teenager. I was trained on register. The typical day at work was mostly providing customer service by ringing up customer's foods and products. I also fronted shelves and put away returns when needed. Management/supervisors were very helpful when I needed help.
Pros
Breaks were every two hours.
Cons
I don't remember any cons.
Pays the bills
Roadside Assistance Technician (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RINovember 9, 2016
It's a ok place to work. There's no benefits, nor is there any sick time.You get one week vacation after one year of employment.
customer service and satisfaction experience
BOOKKEEPER AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJAugust 31, 2016
Made sure all customers and employees were happy and that all of the front end employees were doing what had to be done appropriately by organizing tasks for them to complete before they left and assessing to make sure they were appropriately completed.
okay busy
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 23, 2016
frying, cleaning, cashier and front line was all i had to do while working at kings island.i had to wash dishes collect food trays and prep and disturb food for consumers while keeping the work place fresh and clean
a typical day at work
RETAIL STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Upper Montclair, NJJanuary 18, 2016
I work in Dairy Department so my day would start with checking milk, juice, eggs and varies other dairy product. Make sure the dates on the product are good and not expired. Receive delivers from our trucks and check the load in count it. Stamp the dairy bill after everything is good and begin to pack out supplies.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Nothing ever goes as planned
Great People, Great Experience
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 13, 2015
One of the best company's that I have ever worked for. Co-workers made the job better everyday. I loved working there. The pay and benefits were very fair.
Good place to learn new things
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MASeptember 22, 2015
Places has a good environment. The place could use better management for back of the house. It can be difficult if there isn't someone who knows what they are doing running a kitchen.