Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical student experience
Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2018
As a medical student, it was an easier experience to schedule rotations at the hospital. It is a relatively large center, probably second in size only to Downstate-Kings County Hospital in its area.
great work space
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 16, 2018
good place for work,really nice environment.staff are easy to talk to very non stressful facility everyone know what there doing and everyone always doing there job
Everyone was nice even if it was for a short amount of time. I was there because of my internship but i try to go full time with them but no call
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 13, 2018
If it wasn't for my internship ended i would have continued working at kingsbrook jewish hospital. I had such a great time everyone was nice.........
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lot of work
wonderful please to work
Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2018
family like atmosphere
wonderful leadership
great teamwork
satisfying experience

close to home, provides good work and personal balance. understanding environment
Good learning environment
Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day at volunteer work was filing, printing and scanning, and faxing. Also, stock and inventory.
I learned clerical skills that I would be able to utilize in an office setting.
The management was very good at supervising me in my duties and teaching me very useful skills.
The workplace environment was pleasant, friendly and professional.
The hardest part was when I was given the task of checking in the patients and scheduling their appointments in the outpatient clinic on my own for the first time.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients and staff.
Pros
Free lunch voucher, good experience
Cons
opportunities for paid employment
Multicultural environment
Outpatient Manager (Current Employee) –  585 Schenectady Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11203February 4, 2018
Great place to work as you get to interact with individuals from different cultural backgrounds; you learn about their culture, and they about yours. Though there are differences, one main thing in common is that everyone cares about the well-being of the patient and family served.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Career Advancement is minimal at best
Could use some improvement
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Its a great hospital to work for but I believe that they could use some medical improvement in order to better the stay of the patients. However, I enjoy working with the staff because they embrace the new comers as family
An Unethical work place
Podiatric surgery resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2018
Thanks for my knowledge on my field, I was able to identify the malpractice cases that was done institutionally for more profit from most senior attending physicians in this hospital.
Bad, Really bad.
Pros
Benefits and income compared to other locations
Cons
poor management, lack of structure, no teaching.
Like any other hospital
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 21, 2017
Rehab department is close-knit. Doctors will be doctors and not treat rehab like they matter, but overall there is a mutual respect between departments.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 20, 2017
Nurses were highly qualified and management was equally qualified and staff worked as a team. Physicians were equally qualified and professional.
Team leaders were professional as well as upper management. Non medical staff were all part of the team and equally eager to work and always helped.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons

Want to know more about Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center?

Ask a question
Velvet enjoyable place to work
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 19, 2017
It is a very enjoyable place to work and and stressed free the work was hard but because the place has such a great atmosphere and the people were so nice you wouldn’t mind working there
Pros
Very enjoyable
Cons
To far from where I live
challenging and exciting place
clinical neuropsychologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2017
challenging and exciting place for seasoned psychologists who are looking for good benefits, stable work place and interesting case load
with emphasis on neuropsychological assessment and occasional psychotherapy cases encompassing inpatient and outpatient population across the life span and with varying diagnostic presentation
Pros
diverse and intersting case load
Cons
limited health benefits for the family
Very friendly working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2017
Flexible Medical Receptionist who can maintain organization and handle communication in a fast-paced medical office. Skilled with booking appointments and patient scheduling, registering patients and monitoring patient status, and performing insurance verification.
This was a a very fast paced working environment that kept you engaged with patients and staff.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 12, 2017
A typical work day entailed checking patients in and out of the office, scheduling follow-up appointments, verifying insurance, collecting co-pays, printing patient forms such as HIPPA documents, routing calls to correct personnel, greeting patients in a courteous manner and working efficiently with fellow staff members to complete all required daily activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from different parts of the world. I've learned of the various types of insurance coverage available and can identify when an authorization is needed.
Very busy work enviornment
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 5, 2017
I worked at Kingsbrook for two years and during that time I found the hospital to be very stressful at times. The staff gossips a lot and the Nurses need management training.
Relaxed and ongoing
Volunteer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2017
Volunteer work alone is very relaxed but also a great environment. It is very motivating when helping patients, sometimes you can grow to get to know your patient. The staff is amazing and great on team work.
Pros
Staff, and pay
Cons
Rude patients or rude staff
I Love this job
Supervisor of building services (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2017
Great Place to work for. I love my job and happy to make a difference in health care. I have learn many great skills working at this job and I am thankful Kingsbrook gave me the opportunity to become part of there team.
fun working places
Volunteer Pediatric Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
i learned about different kind of people who was in the hospital the hard part is seeing people who need help and i love organized files for the patients and answering the phone.
great work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 28, 2017
Great work place, nice workers, nice environment, great people. Enjoy helping patients and guests, along with helping my co workers. Kings brook workers are like family members.
Love the work
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Communicating with Patients love helping them.
Mix culture -West Indian, Jewish, American
Work day is normally fast
Dealing with Management is the hardest
Pros
Completing task
Cons
Fixing something that isn't broke/ Covering another department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Reviews by Location