Kingston Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible management! No respect!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 24, 2019
You can work hard and go above and beyond, but if you aren’t with the clique in charge you will be stagnant in the role you are in. There is an expectations that staff is to do the job of two people with no regards to safety of the residents/ fellow staff members. If you can be a doormat then this place is for you, but if you expect to have an opinion and want to voice it this is not the place for you. The residents are the best part of the job, but sadly you have to decide when to leave due to the horrible management.
Pros
Residents
What can I say?
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Have previously worked in LTC and found it to be very disheartening. Then I interviewed at Kingston and was convinced that they were different, based on incredible lip service.Corporate PR is exceptional, nursing management on site was very dysfunctional! Expect you to be less than honest with Residents' families - whether it's a staffing concern, supply issues or bed bug issues! At their price point, Residents deserve so much more! Went in thinking they were different due to storytelling, came out realizing they are no different, all about the $$. Loved my Residents, hated the politics! Exceptional co-workers (most) but rapid turnover. If you're not willing to kiss up and compromise your professional principles, don't expect longevity.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Nursing Management
A Loving Home To The Employees
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHNovember 30, 2018
I love Kingston! I’m 16 years old so I don’t recive benefits yet. Overall they work with my busy teenage schedule and treat me very respectfully. Of course you won’t get along with every coworker but they strive their best to handle those situations.
Pros
Great management, great activities for employees.
Cons
Conflicts between coworkers but they are quickly resolved
Beautiful facilities, poor management and pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 28, 2018
I first started working at Kingston when they paid for my CNA class. I had a very strict training and orientation that made me feel ready for the job. Although it's a fast pace to work at, most of the staff was amazing at helping. Nurses are "required" to answer 10 call lights on their 12-hour shift, seems easy, but it is not enforced. Working as a CNA, you do the hard, dirty work of the building. I love my job, I loved my fellow CNA's and residents, but the nurses and management made my time at Kingston dreadful. I would be the one to always offer to stay over a shift when they were understaffed or come in early. They rarely offered an incentive, we were severely understaffed, and nurses/management would not help. The scheduler was comfortable with staffing CNA's to the maximum resident:CNA. I felt as if the management didn't care about you or your work as well. I hope in the future, the company will turn around and treat their hardworking employees like they are appreciated. I definitely would have stayed if I felt as if I were appreciated via incentive/higher pay, or even something as simple as management saying you're doing a great job.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, lack of incentive/low pay, staffing
A great 16 years
Regional Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioFebruary 13, 2019
I have worked at Kingston for 16 years and have been extremely happy. I have had great job advancement and exceptional leadership to help me reach my highest potential.
Fun Environment, Fast Paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 22, 2018
Management offers lots of activities for staff- contest, food and games. Offer incentives to staff that pick up and have good attendance. Large facility and very clean. Staffing better than average.
Pros
Incentives, Fun
Cons
Wages could be better
Very satisfied 8+ year employee
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 20, 2017
Top notch staff from the dietary aide all the way up to the administrator. Started as a floor nurse PRN, and have worked hard ever since. I am currently in a management spot, Kingston truly wants to grow their employees into long term colleagues. When you have staff at the same building for 30+ years, you know they are doing something right. Management does care for each and every staff member there. Forgiving culture, but you must be a hard worker to reap the benefits of that culture. This is not a company that will allow staff to float around doing their own thing, they want the best for their residents. It took me 11 years to find the right corporation, but I have found it right here in Fort Wayne. Come join the best team around.
Pros
Management availability 24/7
Cons
Hard to move up in a company that doesn’t turn over management.
Care assistant
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 21, 2018
The Marion company is full of 2 faced people that will throw anyone under the bus . Its a game of favorites. Just like anywhere else there are some good and bad aides and nurses. Management, including but not limited to ,nurses, hide all types of things from families to cover their own behinds. Dirty behind the scenes. Over-rated. Price is inflated and not worth it.
Pros
Could once work as a team.
Cons
Unequality
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 16, 2018
All staff work together and are very helpful when you have a question or a concern. Everyone collaborate and assist one another when needed. The gym can get busy at times.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
PRN - not consistant hours and no benefits
The management is taking the company in the wrong direction
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 5, 2018
I love the job, and the people I work with, management is HORRIBLE. The residents and co-workers are wonderful, but it is hard to love your job, and still go in with a good attitude and do a good job when management is poor.
Pros
Other staff, and the residents
Cons
Short staffing
Terrible workplace environment.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  AshlandOctober 19, 2018
You will do the work of 2+ employees They hire incompetent people to have staffing numbers but could care less if they can do the job Do not consider. Terrible!
Pros
Just show up, You don't even have to do your job. they care about is keeping state off their butts.
Cons
Incompetant workers hired for staffing numbers, More agency workers than actual staff members. Run far, run fast!
a great place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 3, 2018
Kingston like all companies have their flaws but with teamwork and dedication we get the work done.the pay could be better and I wish we didnt have a lot of turnover but you get that anywhere. Kingston does care for the residents and their employees and they give you incentives if you pick up days.our current dietary manager does care for her employees and tries her best to make Kingston a great place to work.I wouldnt want to work in any other nursing home I love it and I love to spoil the residents.
Pros
the residents, co workers, management.
Productive environment
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Good place to work and learn especially for beginners had helped me with flexible hours. all good especially the Director of nursing And Assistant Director of nursing are really helpful through out the work period till date.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
healthcare
The employer of choice!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 17, 2017
Having worked in long term care for over 12 years at some very well respected company's, Kingston is at the very top. Their culture is not just "on the wall" it is "down the hall". And while every employer has opportunities for improvement, Kingston does not shy away from that feedback nor do they resist necessary change. As an employee I feel autonomous, empowered, and supported. The staffing ratio's are above and beyond the standard of long term care. Scheduling is flexible, resident need ALWAYS comes first, and leadership is responsive. Clinical outcomes are the best in the area as well. For all of these reasons, Kingston is definitely the employer AND provider of choice.
Pros
Work life balance, open communication, autonomy, resident centered care and priority
Wonderful
Memory Care Program Manager. LPN (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHOctober 25, 2018
Very professional, and a great place to grow. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. Facility is beautiful and well maintained. Kingston Residence of Sylvania provides excellent care to all of the Residents that live there. Families always welcome.
Pros
Learning, approachable managment
Cons
short staffing
workplace
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2018
staffing is challenging most of the time. I don't feel talking to management is effective in getting issues resolved. I do enjoy and value my coworkers.
Amazing place to work!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 5, 2018
I've been with Kingston for over 2 years. I can not imagine working anywhere else. They truly make you feel like a very valued member of the team. Our team has very dedicated compassionate employees who give amazing care. They expect the best for their residents and do not tolerate anything less than that. Management truly cares about their employees & residents. They are always willing to jump in & lend a hand. Very supportive work environment & they acknowledge hard work. Scheduling is flexible. I would definitely recommend Kingston for anyone seeking a job in the healthcare field, as well as anyone seeking to place their loved one in an assisted living facility.
Pros
Flexible scheduling & positive work environment from people who truly care!
Cons
Staffing as is with all healthcare facilities.
Fun workplace
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJuly 19, 2018
My passion lies in this career field and I wish that there would have been an opening while I was there. Maybe one day I will be able to return. Highly recommended to work for!
You do get attached to these lovely people but management could be better.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 6, 2018
The residents here are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Patience is key.Renovation are coming soon! Needs more dinning room space. Hopefully management can improve aswell.
Pros
Most residents are very sweet. Majority of staff are friendly.
Cons
Understaffed, Horrible dietary management, Nothing gets done when coworkers with lost of complaints from residents and family memebers.
Employees care about the residents.
Assisted Living Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 22, 2018
Kingston gave no direction or support in their supervisory positions. Always quick to point out what you did wrong with no guidance to do the job better.
Pros
Employeess all care deeply about residents.
Cons
Kingston is not consistent in enforcing policies and procedures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingston Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.