Kingston Healthcare Employee Review

View all Kingston Healthcare reviews

Massive turnover-Poor Management-Compromised "values". Profit Over People.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  AshlandOctober 29, 2013
Involved in patient accounts. Received little training due to management too busy trying to advance their own job up to next level. Was asked to quietly give preferential treatment to "VIP" patient accounts and overlook company financial policies for those "special" people...i.e. those higher profile elite community members or the family members of high profile community members in the Ashland facility. I was let go on a Monday after having a glowing review on the Friday prior because I refused to break company policy (as well as State Regulations) without having the names of those patients who they were asking to be treated differently and above their own policies in writing. (Never had a single write up or derogatory comment on my performance prior to that at this job or any other job.) I guess when I said "I treat ALL people the same, regardless of how much money/assets they have and what insurance plan the have or not" was unacceptable to the crooks running that facility.
When I was hired half the staff was new due to constant turnover. Nursing staff did all they could and were caring but seemed to struggle with being overworked and severely understaffed as well as unappreciated.
Many great employees, but there is an internal air of pass the buck and blame whoever you can to keep any heat from problems off of you. No accountability from management.
Doing extra and staying over gets you no where with this company.
Working hard and doing your job is not at all acknowledged or appreciated. Make them $ hand over fist or you will not fit in. Profit is definitely placed
  more... in priority over People. Residents and employees alike.
Must be willig to compromise your values and integrity to work here.
Pros
They have good pay if you can stand the environment and double standards
Cons
Management, environment, constant fear of blame, resident account management-preferential treatment

Other Kingston Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  MarionMarch 12, 2018
Management will lie to your face and talk about you to other staff. The Administrator, DON and ADON Are big jokes. Always short staffed they talk down to you. Worst job to ever have. If you get a vacation they will schedule you to work 1 day in the middle of it and not care . BUT the management gets their vacation and no interruptions. My advice don’t waste your time applying.
Cons
Good place if properly trained
RN (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 10, 2018
Can be a great place to work. Most co-workers are great. Was intentionally trained incorrectly, set up for failure. Management pretty good. Backstabbing between shifts common place. Usual staffing problems. Residents great. Teamwork not always as good as it should be. Management does listen and seems to really care. Resident care is high priority. Nursing staff very caring to residents, very attentive to residents needs.
Pros
Great pay, most co-workers great, good management
Cons
Backstabbing between shifts, at times feels like being set up for failure during orientation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingston Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.