kingston technology Employee Reviews

You get hired if you know someone
Web Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 5, 2018
everyone who had a permanent job was childhood friends with the manager/owner. Outdated technology ideas and software/tools, no career-advancement opportunities. Nepotism and even racism...
Fun work place and free breakfast almost every Friday
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 8, 2017
I loved working at Kingston for total of 7+ years in Accounting department and I have learned so much, all my supervisors showed me a lot and the best they are like my second Family.
Pros
Great salary plus bonuses every quarter.
Great environment company
SR. RETAIL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 11, 2017
The people make the company. Employees there are almost like family - you get close and attached. The culture is great. Strong relationships are built and its a comfortable environment.
Great Company
Sr. Account Manager, Consumer Markets Group (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 15, 2016
Very positive experience working for Kingston for 14 years. I learned how to market and sell on-line. I traveled at least a week of every month.
Average
Sales Coordinator (CMG) (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 11, 2016
Just an average company (Salary, benefits). Nothing is special about this company. Company cultural is strong and based of Family-relatives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2015
While working for Kingston Technology we took phone orders for computer memory chips and computer processors. When the team leaders came into Buffalo they always took the crew to dinner.
Productive and Supportive Environment for Employees
Level II Telephone Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 6, 2015
I provided customer support to people needing assistance with installation of memory modules, sd cards, usb sticks. I supported anyone from IT professionals to the average home user over the phone.

I gained a knowledge of memory modules and how they work. The people I worked with were great. The hardest part was the commute to work.
Pros
Excellent Salary and bonuses
Cons
A bit of a commute
Micromanaged. No advancement.
Customer Sales Support/RMA/Discrepancy/Counterfeit (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Depending on the department you will be heavily micromanaged. Not very often are you able to come up with new ideas to present to upper management even if they help the processes run more efficient or smoothly. There is little to no advancement within the company. Raises, once a year at approximately 2-3%. Bonuses are generous. We also have company events such as golf tournaments, banquets, lunches, and dinners. The owners are very generous people as well. The co-workers are what makes the day enjoyable. The atmosphere as well. The hardest part of the job is the micromanaging. Benefits were top notch. Health, Dental, Vision, 401K.
Pros
Company events, bonus, atmosphere, benifits
Cons
Micromanaged, no growth, no raises
Great place to work.
Warranty Replacement Agent (Former Employee) –  Fountain ValleySeptember 3, 2014
I had a wonderful time working with this team. They are very friendly & other departments were very helpful as well. Great team work!
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Permanent position was not available.
Productive and growing company. Very family oriented. Owners are the best people to work for.
Sales Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 4, 2014
I will always be grateful to Kingston for taking a chance on me. I have learned so many things working for this company for 16 years.
Assembler
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 17, 2014
Machine operator, set up and ran machines
Assembly line, put chips in computer boards
Tested computer boards
Good benefit company
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 14, 2013
Great company.
Quarterly bonus.
Friendly environment
Generous owner
Good co-workers
Pros
Free health insurance for whole family
Cons
Quarterly bonus
Owners are wonderful. Managers do not follow the example of the owners.
Former National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 14, 2013
Having been a long time employee of Kingston Technology I experienced some very good times, but also some not good times.
Pros
Owners are wonderful.
Cons
Privately owned, speaks for itself. Don't expect HR to be on your side.
Productive, worthy, with good potential promotion
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 25, 2013
A regular day start at 3:00 PM and end at 11:30

The first step before starting to work is to process the paper work to transfer from the previous shift including balances of the line, machine condition inspection and set up, as well as any precaution need the attention. Then I continue to run the line, feed the material, parts to the feeder.

Periodically inspect the memory modules( on line inspection) to minimize rejection and make sure the machines run smoothly or prevent any possible damage due to unexpected errors.
Modify the program if needed.

The hardest part is have to focus on the machine operation at all time while still need to collect sample data periodically.

The most enjoyable part is when I solve technical problem on line or during set up.
Pros
Organized, systemized work environment, good benefit
Cons
Busy with work load, easy to get stress
Nice work environment
Tax Department Intern  (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 17, 2013
Management constantly have gatherings/parties to invite employees and their families to enjoy.
High turnover for the accounts receivable for Latin America
AR latin america (Former Employee) –  fountain valley, caMarch 26, 2013
I worked in the accounting department in accounts receivable for Latin America. They have a high turnover rate because they treat people as disposable individuals. They consider themselves above every one, and if you do not meet all "extremely" high expectations to their great team you are cut of the team.

on my first day on the job, the other employees told me about the race discrimination against everyone who is not asian. Please consider carefully if you really want to work in this department.
Pros
company as good reputation
Cons
high turnover and race discrimination