Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 6, 2018
nice facility people take care of you and help pay for school. Im not reall sure what else to put about the place other than they are making me type something about it. Its a good place and good people
Overworked and starving!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 29, 2018
HCA is more worried about the bottom dollar than it is staff moral and patient safety. It's sad that employess aren't getting lunch. They tell you things will change and don't.
Pros
Location to home
Cons
No lunches, short staffed maling it unsafe, pay experienced compared to new nurses
Okay
Senior Endoscopy Tech (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 15, 2018
Love my job, 24 years love most everyone I work with need more money one co worker left to St Luke’s in the Woodlands and was paid 8 dollars more an hour
I have great loyalty to Kingwood, but I have to think about myself, low pay and begging for hours
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No lunch or breaks if we’re busy
Staff Awesome
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 20, 2018
The staff including doctors and nurses were awesome to work with. The lack of staff made it unable to take proper lunch breaks and more stressful on employees. The flow and organization of the ER process could be improved to provide more safety to the patient's quality of care.
Pros
great staff attitude
Cons
lack of lunch breaks, inadequate staffing
The pay was decent with no tax! The hours slip right by 9:30 - 3:00 overtime 4:00
Wingate Pratt (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2017
A typical day at Kingwood were making sure the students came to class or the reason they were going to be absent.
I have learned to keep my mouth shut before I put my foot in it. That helps lots!!!
The people are friendly and nice with the same problems as you it's up too you to make something of it or not!
The hardest part of the job is the domestic part of the job cleaning the refrigerator because it's old you had too defrost it and so forth...
Because it's school I enjoyed the Holiday's and grab bags with each other's name which mean Christmas I enjoyed most!!!
Pros
Yes1 give plus to free lunch, school work at your own pace, dismissal you can leave, if you finsh your work early (I mean the students)
Cons
sometimes you needed more security for the students that were more bright, no one were willing to step between the students fights, they just stand and watched til real police!!!
employees and work environment was great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXSeptember 15, 2017
i had a great time at this job gave me multiple opportunities to expand my knowledge. very fast paced and non stop walking so be prepared, and the key is patience
Pros
free lunch's, great staff, many benefits
Cons
over worked at times, boss isn't so manageable
Always busy
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 2, 2017
As an EVS tech, a typical day was always busy since there was patients rooms to be cleaned with the patient present or after checking out. There were times when the faster employees had to take others responsibilities because some coworkers did not or will not preform their daily duties.
Pros
ok lunch breaks
Cons
second and third shift
productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2017
kingwood medical center is a place to work hard, empleyees are very nice we all worked together as family . the most enjoyable part of the job is making sure the rooms are very clean and doing my job very well,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Average
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 3, 2017
Good training, short personnel for all the functions of the hospital, average salary, average benefits, good food when cafeteria is open to public
Very outgoing
Kingwood Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was great always love to talk to the patients and make them feel comfortable as we clean and sanitize the patients room each and every day. The hardest part of the job was pushing the cart in which we had all the equipment to clean the patient rooms.
Pros
1 Hour break
Cons
Stay longer than regular hours
Over work for little pay
Sterilization Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 8, 2016
I would never work for another HCA hospital again!!! My boss micromanages us 24/7 a day. She don't know how to talk to people. Very unorganized, messy, and dirty.
decent place of employment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXOctober 22, 2015
decent place to work lots of great co workers however in many health care facilities there just aren't enough staff and salary could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood. Our community is ready to answer.

Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood Reviews by Location