Kinney Drugs
68Average

Kinney Drugs Employee Reviews

United States256 reviews
Poorly paid
Poorly paid unless you happen to stay there for many years or if someone retires or quits. The mangment also I'm fairly certain are doing some illegal things with temporary workers. They somehow keep people on as temps for years without offering them a full time position.
Pharmacy Technician
I enjoy everyone I work with and I feel like my boss actually cares about me and my schedule. So it is definitely appreciated and I plan to continue working all through out college
Good
Kind co worker great work hours, customer are really friendly and everyone is will to help each other when they need help. Fast check out, very clean store. Great photo department
Mostly productive, and interactive work environment
Typically the day would consist of cashing out customers, providing customer service, stocking, and organizing merchandise. You learn the most about your customers, and how to properly merchandise, as well as provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is the varying schedule, and restrictions when on checkout duty. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you create with customers, learning new things, and seeing the outcome of your hard work.
Small, family feel
Kinney drugs is a small retail company with less than 100 stores total. Technology is far behind and there is a lot of time spent in meetings or calls that don't seem to accomplish anything.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Very uncaring company
There truly are few companies that care less about their people. It is a very Us vs, Them mentality between management and the work force. Nepotism is the key to success there.
My customers are like family
Provide great customer service, credit and debit checks, Love working with my Employees also my customers all great people along with our Manager... He helps us when we need him and we can always count on him.....
Its nice and easy
I've been currently working at Kinney drugs since September 24th 2016. Love working their, love the costumers. Everyone is nice and respectful, learned how to get along with others.
Pretty alright, depends on coworkers n management
It was honestly an okay job. The customers weren't too bad and my coworkers were great, but it really depends on those two things imo whether it's worth staying there.
Pros
pros: short paid break
Cons
super long shifts, minimum wage, understaffed usually
Community oriented
The pharmacy I worked in was smaller and had a close group of co-workers, more like working with family. As with any customer based job it can be stressful some days but very rewarding
Pros
community oriented
Cons
pay
Fun workplace
Great place to work, great management. Great culture. I enjoy the most being able to provide customer service. A typical day can be quiet but customers can make it worth a while.
Kinney’s is not employee friendly
Left this company due to conflicting schedule and Unable to reach agreement on pay. I was with this company for a decent amount of time and had a lot of responsibility-
Flexible Schedule
Flexible schedule but did not offer much room for promotion. Management did not always look out for their employees best interests rather they would look out for themselves.
Worst job I’ve ever had
Worst job I’ve ever hand hands down. Everyone only cares about themselves, when you speak up and say what you want out of the job they don’t really care.
Nice place to work
Job is common sense, and manager is great! Would suggest anyone entering retail to start here. The hours are good, the benefits are alright, but overall, I would say 9/10.
A decent beginner job
I worked for Kinney Drugs almost 20 years ago, and found it to be a basic job good for someone just starting out. If you’re interested in being a pharmacist or a pharmacy technician it is a better place to work. Overall not a bad company to work for.
Not the greatest company
They are all about pushing more and more on the workers but not giving them a decent raise. The big guys that sit in the office get the money. The actual workers who help the customers get nothing.
Great job for a high schooler
As a student, they were very accomodating with my work schedule. They took into consideration my time playing high school sports and made the schedule accordingly.
Pros
scheduling
Cons
low pay
Wonderful place to work
I had a really wonderful time working at Kinneys Part time as a Pharmacist tech and Cashier for 2 and a half years. We were all treated like family and everyone got along. Great management, Amazing staff to work with who have a warm caring heart. Great job to have in a place like Tupper where it's either Sunmount or nothing. Long lunch and very good benefits
Pros
45 minute lunch, family environment
Horrible.
Absolutely a terrible company to work for honestly. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. I have seen people quit from being bullied to being fired over CENTS. You’re just an employee number here, you are not a person and you have no worth. It’s literally a horrible place to work for. Absolutely toxic. You are miserable every time you walk into the doors until an hour after you leave because it just lingers with you.
Cons
Other Kinneys might be better.
Love the job but certain toxic people ruined the atmosphere so the job became bad for other employees. Most of the people that I enjoyed working with left because of the poor working environment. Most of the customers were great and I enjoyed providing them with stellar customer service. Other Kinney Drugs might provide a different and, therefore, better work environment but, if you value your mental health, I do not suggest working at the store in Bomoseen VT.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinney Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight