Although small and employee owned this company operation has still managed to consistently exploit and debase its workers, just as if they were members of some Multi-National Organization. Almost unintentionally, they make sure that every employee feels like a cog in a giant machine, just as if they worked for one of the much larger competitors. Despite small staffs, Kinney Drugs has managed to set up some very special and unique polices to significantly reduce employee morale and to treat their employees like sub-humans. All examples are, of course, impossible to list, but a few such would include…
• Perpetually requesting staff to work on their days off.
• Strict low wage pay rates.
• Pressuring employees to stay late.
• Immediate termination at the first sign of incompetence.
• Forbidding sales clerks to sit down during lengthy shifts.
• Reducing the number of days off with paid time off.
• Insisting on humiliating pat downs during lunch breaks, and at the end of shifts to insure that employees never feel like trusted or valued employees.
• And of course, just making worker feel as terrible as possible.
Sure most of our employees could work for some other business that gives their employees benefits, or let them take a guilt free day off, but at least at Kinney Drugs Inc. they can be treated like a totally replaceable tool used for the sole purpose of producing a profit.
The benefits were very nice
Upper management is out of touch